Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3940 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 19, 2012, 14:40 ASeven

First stellar review for T2 comes out.

And I'm having quite some fun in Black Mesa. It's easy to forget that HL1 was one of the best survival games out there and Black Mesa nails that aspect of the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter
7. Re: Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter Sep 19, 2012, 05:43 ASeven

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 00:57:
How far back are we going with this stuff? What's next, a Zaxxon 2 Kickstarter? The Last Ninja? Robin to the Rescue? PONG???

I would throw money at a The Last Ninja remake.

News Comments > Free Torchlight II Soundtrack
3. Re: Free Torchlight II Soundtrack Sep 18, 2012, 21:44 ASeven

Well, after T2 release I guess it's safe to say D3 will hold a lot less players than what it already is which, if rumors are any true, aren't that many to begin with given the series.  

News Comments > Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced
24. Re: Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced Sep 17, 2012, 13:31 ASeven

This game is going to make or break Bioware. To be honest I bet on the latter since I don't believe DA3 will be on the level of DA:O. I expect something a bit better than DA2 but still a very underwhelming RPG.

I have a feeling that with Wasteland 2, Shadowrun and Project Eternity, Bioware as a house is about to be railroaded completely out of the industry.

And now all I have to know is which button I have to press for awesome to happen.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 17, 2012, 11:23 ASeven

So great to see FTL there, and it only released Friday, meaning it only had 3 days of release while the other titles were on release or pre-order the whole week. Glad it's doing so great, this game deserves all success and then more.  

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
85. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 20:57 ASeven

Wonder how many big dev houses are following this and feeling tempted to follow this line of business and go kickstarter on their next project.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Sep 14, 2012, 20:55 ASeven

Julio wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 20:54:
FTL is also on GOG. I'd rather support GOG (drm free) than Steamware.

Then you should buy directly from the devs which gives the DRM-free file plus a Steam key and all the money goes to the devs.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Sep 14, 2012, 20:54 ASeven

God damn I still can't stop playing this. Holy hell is this game addictive.

It's also Steam's #10 most played game right now and #1 on the Top Seller's list. Quite a feat for such a small game.

51. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:40 ASeven

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:33:
ViRGE wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:20:
Am I the only one that finds Obsidian using Kickstarter to be a bit repugnant? They're an established developer - they should be going to a publisher and doing it right, not hitting up gamers for money before they've even begun. It's like a millionaire panhandling.

I'm sure that if you put them in touch with a publisher who will fund their PC-only, turn-based, party-based, isometric RPG, they will be HAPPY to scrap the Kickstarter and do it the old-fashioned way.

Go ahead and make some calls. We'll wait.

This.

Me, I hope more big devs go this way and say fuck off to publishers. Obsidian going this way is actually pretty big and I wonder if some publishers are now realizing the potential of big dev houses going to kickstarter and probably being more successful there, in terms of delivering game quality and in terms of sales after release.

I rather have an awesome game with good production then an awesome production but a mediocre game.

32. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:00 ASeven

Fwooosh, the sound of my money disappearing from my wallet!

This is the first big developer house to turn to kickstarter. Could this be the start of something amazing, big dev houses ditching publishers and risking on kickstarter? One can hope.

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
35. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 09:30 ASeven

John wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 09:20:
Good for them. I'm already looking forward to their next game.. some kind of pig machine or something? What's it called? Anyways, I saw the trailer and it looks pretty creepy.

A machine for pigs.

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light This Week
70. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light This Week Sep 14, 2012, 07:37 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 22:32:
ASeven wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 08:30:
most ships unlock if you do some missions or some very specific stuff.

I believe ya, but when I entered the 5th zone it was basically like "You made it to the 5th zone, you've unlocked the Engie ship!" and an achievement popped up too.

Yeah, the engie ship is the easiest to unlock since you only need to reach the 5th sector. Most of the other ships are only obtained by doing specific quests successfully.

News Comments > Prison Architect Nears Alpha Stage
3. Re: Prison Architect Nears Alpha Stage Sep 13, 2012, 21:15 ASeven

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 21:10:
Right. You're just looking forward to what you can do in the prison showers. *wink wink*

Don't drop the soap sim?

News Comments > Prison Architect Nears Alpha Stage
1. Re: Prison Architect Nears Alpha Stage Sep 13, 2012, 20:49 ASeven

Looking forward to this one. This has the potential to become one of the most deep strategy games of the decade with a hell of a theme.  

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
2. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 13, 2012, 20:48 ASeven

Proving once again they were right in that devs don't need publishers to make money and make awesome games at the same time. Indies are proving more and more they're the way to go.

Also interesting, the article points that the success of Amnesia is due to two active communities, the modding community and the youtube community.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2012, 18:05 ASeven

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 16:49:
theglaze wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 16:38:
Makes one wonder how much longer Nintendo will be a hardware manufacturer...

RIP Sega, I keep your Dreamcast in a glass case

If I recall they just had their first annual loss in over 3 decades. If there's one thing they know how to do its how to be profitable. Sega was a different situation, and sadly as a software only company they're a shadow of their former selves.

The problem is that it was a huge, and I mean absolutely, insanely huge, annual loss. It was so big to the point that if they don't make money this fiscal year they may be forced to go the way of Sega and be software only.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2012, 09:40 ASeven

Oh dear, the price of the WiiU and its controller is prohibitive. I can't see Nintendo having much maneuvering space to lower the prices of that hardware in the US and the EU since Nintendo is a bit starved for money.  

66. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light This Week Sep 13, 2012, 08:30 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 22:19:
nin wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 22:03:
Yeah, tell us about that! As you get additional ships, do you get more crew or better weapons (IE as you play the game and unlock things, does it get easier to advance?)?

I got an extra crew member from a slaver who demanded one of my crew members but when I destroyed his shields he gave me one of his. But shortly thereafter I had some very close battles that whittled my crew down to the captain eventually. And he can't run that ship by himself, so fail.

edit: Okay you get the Engie ship at the 5th sector... So I assume the ship unlocks work by how far you make it.

Ah no, most ships unlock if you do some missions or some very specific stuff.

As for additional weapons, each ship has its own special weapons, also as you play you usually find a lot of weapons though they aren't necessarily more powerful.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2012, 11:22.

51. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light This Week Sep 12, 2012, 21:53 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 21:30:
I'm graphics blind.
It didn't even occur to me that this game had "crappy" graphics until this thread.
Also, it reminded me to actually go play the game, thanks.

Soooo.....

Which ships have you unlocked so far?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2012, 21:18 ASeven

Little by little, the US slowly turns into a police state.  

3940 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo