Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4087 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Oct 31, 2012, 19:23 ASeven

So the fucking idiot Lauren did indeed use legal threats unlike what her employee was saying. Her reputation is now, hopefully, unrecoverable, and serves her right. Problem is, she is but a tiny sample on how gaming journalism is today.

Also, this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week
4. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week Oct 31, 2012, 17:21 ASeven

Huh. This DLC sales are really doing no good for the dev, good will is probably running low at this point. I know that as much as I liked OMD2 this really is grating on my patience.

I think I'll wait a few months when OMD2 will go on deep sale and get the DLCs then.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Announced
2. Re: Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Announced Oct 31, 2012, 17:19 ASeven

I think there are better, more realistic what if scenarios available. Like what if the African pagan empires had expanded towards Muslim Northern Africa and Europe, or what if the Reconquista had been a failure and the Moors tried to push towards France, though this scenario is feasible to be done in the game.

Still should be a curious expansion. Would have loved to see the Mongols or the Pagan nations to be addressed first rather than this.

News Comments > Electronic Arts Financials
3. Re: Electronic Arts Financials Oct 31, 2012, 17:17 ASeven

Verno wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 15:09:
I'm amazed they had any real expectations for Medal of Honor.

Tells you a lot on the state of mind of publisher's CEOs and their expectations.

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
21. Re: Disney Acquires LucasArts Oct 31, 2012, 17:15 ASeven

Hah, Disney finally took the plunge and did what they kept saying they would do. Now let's hope the next trilogy doesn't end up as the last one.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2 Oct 31, 2012, 17:14 ASeven

6.3K players right now, #1 on Top Sellers on Steam for a day already. Early reviews call this one of the truest PC MP experiences in years.

This game is going to be huge and I'm loving every single moment playing in it. They managed to make a brilliant game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: You're my boy, Blue! Oct 30, 2012, 12:20 ASeven

Stay safe!  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Early
10. Re: Natural Selection 2 Early Oct 30, 2012, 08:14 ASeven

I have a feeling this game is going to be huge.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 18:12 ASeven

Why do I have a feeling this is being done for the lulz?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2012, 14:31 ASeven

Nice to see Chivalry so high, damn fun game. And from what I heard, Fallen Enchantress is everything Elemental should have been and apparently it's a good game.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 26, 2012, 20:11 ASeven

Flatline wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 20:04:
PHJF wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 19:31:
wtf? IT'S ACTUALLY COMING OUT???

That's what I came here to say. The game has only been in development for like 10 years.

News Comments > Hotline Miami Patched; DLC Plans Revealed
3. Re: Hotline Miami Patched; DLC Plans Revealed Oct 26, 2012, 20:05 ASeven

Leper wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 19:56:
Right now I'm considering whether to buy this, Deadlight or Mark of Ninja.

This and Deadlight are very short, MotN is very good but Hotline Miami has a very high replayability and a very high fun factor.

My advice, Deadlight when it's on sale, MotN and HM now if you can afford both.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2012, 19:51 ASeven

Heh. Ceglia's pretty much fucked now.  

News Comments > Hotline Miami Patched; DLC Plans Revealed
1. Re: Hotline Miami Patched; DLC Plans Revealed Oct 26, 2012, 19:45 ASeven

He also mentions the possibility of a map editor. That alone made me get the game immediately. It's a hell of a fun game.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 26, 2012, 19:44 ASeven

This game has come a long way. An ESL tournament has been announced and they have tournaments pretty much regularly already.

This game has all the potential to become a very big game in the competitive scene and in the regular gaming scene, in fact it already is and it's still in beta.

Anyone that loves asymmetrical gameplay, anyone that loves atmosphere, get this game now. This is a gem of a game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2012, 18:38 ASeven

I think Win8 will be a colossal disaster for MS. Why? Well, nobody, from gamers to businesses, have any reason whatsoever to upgrade. In gaming terms Win8 seems slower in average than Win7 according to the latest articles so gamers will stick with 7. For businesses and corporations there's nothing in Win8 they really want or need, anything they need is fulfilled with Windows7.

And the lockdown that MS has done on some areas of Win8 is sure to make anyone who was slightly interested ignore this OS.

There's really nothing, absolutely nothing, that Win8 can offer to anyone who has Windows7. Even tablet owners will be hard pressed to find a good reason to go with Win8 when iOS and Android have been around for longer and have a larger user base and number of apps available. Hell, some of my more cynical colleagues are saying Win8 will be more of a financial disaster than WinME was.

News Comments > SimCity in March
31. Re: SimCity in March Oct 26, 2012, 16:03 ASeven

Optional Nickname! wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 15:00:
With the role of SimCity Classic now available due to EA's complete failure, some enterprising developers should attempt a remake of the classic, without all of the corporate shovel-ware crap.

I'd contribute to a proper SimCity Kickstarter.

You may have already have your hopes answered.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2012, 14:47 ASeven

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 13:53:
ASeven wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 12:12:
This post pretty much brilliantly resumes the events of the past days, revealing more stuff that has happened some of us might not be aware of yet.

They're doing an excellent job summarizing everything. This part is especially interesting:

in fact, bringing a libel case in the UK is prohibitively expensive and open to almost nobody as a result. And even if Intent had had a massive brainfail and tried it with this one, they'd have been laughed out of court in five minutes flat. Eurogamer's near-instant cave-in to the complaint is extremely baffling, as Wainwright didn't have a leg to stand on.

So Eurogamer caved for no reason, and it was already dubious for them to cave to begin with, as this isn't some big publisher threatening them. I could kind of understand them backing down if it was EA or Ubisoft going "hey, take that shit down or we're done with you." After all, they exist off their relations with big publishers. But that's not the case, it's just another media organization.

Way to stick up for your columnist there, Eurogamer.

My take on it? Eurogamer wanted to maintain the status quo at all costs, even if publishers didn't intervene. The status quo is, after all, so sweet, free swag and games and all that shit and a reporter reporting on the truth is too much of an inconvenience against the status quo.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2012, 12:34 ASeven

Verno wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 12:28:
Apparently being criticized for your public actions to advertise on behalf of a company without disclosing it is considered "libel". Lauren Wainright is an idiot. There, she can sue me, see you in court.

Allow me to up the ante. She's an idiot and an outright shill. There, now we're both will be seeing that idiot in court.

4087 Comments. 205 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo