Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4122 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded
18. Re: MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded Nov 9, 2012, 13:42 ASeven

They got reprimanded for being involved in such a shitty game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week
26. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Wee Nov 9, 2012, 09:11 ASeven

HAHA! All those biodrones saying this would never go F2P, or heck, Bioware saying that. That's almost $500M down the drai  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney
18. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 18:27 ASeven

Gamespot review has now been pulled. Wow. It was so bad even Gamespot did the unthinkable, pull a review.

Someone please save the review for posterity. Such terrible reviews are rare to come by.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2012, 16:33 ASeven

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 12:39:
When you surrender your rights by being a criminal you don't have anymore say. Particularly as it applies to violent crimes like rape, murder, etc. Honestly those guys should consider themselves lucky because if it were up to me they'd be looking at a death sentence.

Here's the problem, urinating in public in California makes you a sex offender. Wish I was kidding. So people who pee in public are barred from anonymous speech as well.

14. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 15:40 ASeven

Smellfinger wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 14:40:
Concise NS2 Review: Good game, worst community since DOTA.

Worst community since DOTA? You gotta be shitting me, the community is one of the best out there.

6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 12:13 ASeven

PHJF wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 11:25:
The problem is that this offering isn't free: it costs 30 bucks.

Well that about sums it up, in the very first paragraph he gets the price of the game wrong.

Not only that but there's the implication he wanted this for free. Worse, he doesn't think this game is worth any money.

News Comments > BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic
7. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:14 ASeven

Wonder what this means to Bioware. I got a feeling their whole existence is riding on the success of DA3.  

3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 11:13 ASeven

Also, read Gamespot's review for this game. I rank it on top 5 in the list of worst reviews ever made. Factual incorrect, full of golden nuggets like "Part of the reason it's difficult is that the game is well balanced", it has it all! It's one of the most hilarious reviews out there for all the wrong reasons.  

2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 11:11 ASeven

Pretty good. Game is awesome so I'm glad to see it doing well.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year
22. Re: Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year Nov 8, 2012, 04:59 ASeven

On one hand, D3 sold 10M units and helped prop the revenues for Activision in a major way. PC gaming dead and all that.

On the other hand, D3 sold 10M which is a terrible precedent for a mediocre game with always-online DRM.

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
20. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 04:34 ASeven

Online DRM on this type of hardware? Fuck that shit. Fuck you Razer, not buying anything more from ypu.  

News Comments > CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed
40. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 14:24 ASeven

And the dreaded 50% mark has just been hit. One day, half the company's value gone.  

39. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 12:44 ASeven

Jerykk wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 12:29:
In this case, a 47% crash is only $1.40, so it's not quite as dramatic as the percentage would suggest. Still, I'd be surprised if THQ survives into 2014.

Well, THQ is currently worth about $11 million, which is a third of the budget of one of their games, give or take a few.

This is bad.

37. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 12:05 ASeven

47% crash. Good grief, investors are jumping ship and from what I'm reading and hearing, some of the higher management at THQ too.  

35. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 11:39 ASeven

THQ stocks crashing 45% right now.

Game over, man. Game over.

33. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 11:33 ASeven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 09:20:
ASeven wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 08:39:
Apparently the CEO wants to put THQ for sale.

I remember hearing a while back (maybe on the Giant Bombcast) that THQ's been quietly up for sale for a long time now but no one's interested in the company (and their debt), just the IPs and maybe a couple of the studios. At the rate things are going, those parties can just wait until they're bankrupt and get them for practically nothing. Some people on the SaveTHQ.com forums are also speculating that they'll get scooped up by a private equity firm which likely means the games in development will come out, they'll take most of those profits and then cut the company up and sell it off.

The conference call was very eye-opening. Not only what wasn't said (refusal to answer analyst questions) more important than what was said, he left a very strong hint that he would put THQ for sale in a more public way.

The selling to a private equity firm is also a very strong possibility indeed. Either way I fear that THQ won't last more than a year, it's in its final death gasps. The conference call yesterday was unfortunately one I heard too many times, a call of a company that is about to die and the CEO knows it. I think it will take more than a miracle to save THQ now.

BTW, THQ stocks are crashing almost 50% today. 50%. It's over.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80
40. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 6, 2012, 11:32 ASeven

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 08:44:
ASeven wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 08:26:
pcdev continues his quest of being an utter douchebag cunt!

https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/265766318823837697

@Thotaz You have to choose what to QQ about. Input lag, server lag, tearing, or FPS, or you can make some reasonable concessions and +

Wow. Quality spokesperson they have there.

Here's what's weird, this guy used to actually be friendly. He now turned into a major douchenozzle though so I'll blame it on the full moon and on his ego being inflated like a clown balloon.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 11:25 ASeven

On one hand, oh fuck, Elite 4! The granddaddy of all space trade/exploration sim games! One of the best games ever made!

On the other hand, the lack of any screens, videos, details, etc leaves me cold, especially with the fact he hasn't been doing anything for the past 20 years.

In the end as much as I want to give him money I'll wait to see if he updates the kickstarter with more tangible stuff that proves he really is committed to releasing this at the date he set.

27. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 08:39 ASeven

Apparently the CEO wants to put THQ for sale.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80
37. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 6, 2012, 08:26 ASeven

pcdev continues his quest of being an utter douchebag cunt!

https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/265766318823837697

@Thotaz You have to choose what to QQ about. Input lag, server lag, tearing, or FPS, or you can make some reasonable concessions and +

4122 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo