Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4218 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
97. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 19, 2012, 14:34 ASeven

A bit off-topic, THQ just filed for bankruptcy.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer
15. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 13:10 ASeven

Xil wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:49:
why so much attention to this game, because of Molyneux ? I would rather see something like Forsaken Fortress get a little bit of attention, its so close to making/not making it... they can use the PR more then molyneux... ymho

Pledged. Damn, my kickstarter use is closely resembling Prez's Steam use, gotta buy them all!

10. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 11:14 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:11:
ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:02:
Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 10:55:
It's been a long time since I played Populous. Is this all you really did? Just equalize land and then watch your people grow? Because it seems boring as all hell...

You had god powers to destroy or help your civilization, like floods, fire, tornados, volcanos, etc. In Populous 2 you could also build walls, create swamps, throw meteorites at people's heads, etc.

Yeah, I remember the god powers, but those only started happening once you had enough people to "power them". There wasn't any kind of building involved? I vaguely remember the walls of Pop 2.

I thought it had been more of a "you decide what buildings they build and where" kind of thing, but I'm probably just old and confused. (Well, I AM old. I'm probably just confused.)

You only flattened the land for them to build. In a way you had some sort of control since the buildings' purpose was to achieve the almighty fortress, which generated more people and the people could only improve their houses if the land around them was flat. Other than that you couldn't really control the people that much.

The prototype does appear to show the people with more of a free will than the original games though.

8. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 11:03 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:02:
I can't remember if I ever played Powermonger. I think I did, but I must not have enjoyed it, because I know I played it nowhere near as much as I did the original populous and populous 2.

A reminder of it.

7. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 11:02 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 10:55:
It's been a long time since I played Populous. Is this all you really did? Just equalize land and then watch your people grow? Because it seems boring as all hell...

You had god powers to destroy or help your civilization, like floods, fire, tornados, volcanos, etc. In Populous 2 you could also build walls, create swamps, throw meteorites at people's heads, etc.

5. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 11:00 ASeven

From the pictures they have posted about the game, they give me the idea they are trying to add some Powermonger elements into the game as well, like the followers doing stuff like herding sheep and going on their daily lives, much like Powermonger did.

Damn, I miss Powermonger. In many ways it was vastly superior to Populous and it's a shame few people remember the game nowadays.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 19, 2012, 10:39 ASeven

RE6 sales below expectation?? You don't say! You only butchered the series completely in this game and expected massive sales so I'm glad to see Capcom getting fucked once again for their retarded decisions.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning?
1. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 10:24 ASeven

And to think people defended this game. Holy shit, spend $60, get support for only 6 months. This is spitting in the face of everyone who bought this.  

2. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 10:23 ASeven

I'm going to do the unthinkable and say I am liking the prototype. It captures the essence of the original Populous nicely and if Peter doesn't go too insane this might end up being a good Populous remake. Might.

Good grief I can't believe I said that.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Dec 18, 2012, 23:56 ASeven

Also, this.

http://i.imgur.com/62kg1.jpg

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: War Z Rage Dec 18, 2012, 22:31 ASeven

http://youtu.be/RtKAm3nzg6I  

News Comments > EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM
50. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 18, 2012, 19:21 ASeven

Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 14:00:
Man reading more about this game is a huge bummer. No fucking subways? Terraforming ok whatever I think that's dumb as hell too but to not include subways is just inexcusable. Might as well call this SimVille and stop pretending.

I'm sure it'll have subways

as a $10 paid DLC promotion.

17. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 18, 2012, 13:00 ASeven

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:50:
Dev wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:44:
from a dev on the AMA:

we put all of our chips down on the city simulation and on city regional play. That's the heart of the game.

Regardless of what happens, and how many people complain, they aren't going to be removing the always on DRM (aka regional play), they aren't going to add offline mode. As they've said, they've put all the chips down on that. The entire game is designed around that.
I guess the last C&C game wasn't enough for them to be convinced the always online DRM isn't working

Don't forget Darkspore as well.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack
3. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 12:59 ASeven

Less than 200 people playing on PC. Wonder if EA will do another MoH and crash and burn all over again.  

4. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 18, 2012, 11:43 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 11:32:
"It's not DRM! It adds to the game! You can, like, have your friends build a city tiny hamlet next door, and then their police will come over and fight your crime, because that's exactly how it works! See, we're doing this for realism!"

This is what you caused when you all bought Diablo 3. Enjoy. :)

Yeap, completely agree. And like D3 I have a feeling this game will become a massive disappointment and a very mediocre game.

News Comments > Project GODUS Prototype Footage
7. Re: Project GODUS Prototype Footage Dec 17, 2012, 23:05 ASeven

Not bad at all for a Populous remake. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised at this and I wasn't expecting to feel that way.  

News Comments > Frontier Layoffs
14. Re: Frontier Layoffs Dec 17, 2012, 16:59 ASeven

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 16:52:
Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 14:32:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 13:14:
Creston as someone who was recently let go in Nov. I'm glad I was let go before the holidays as I would have spent money that I thought I had coming in for the holidays. It's not a matter of blowing money, it's a matter of suddenly not having a steady source of income that was expected.

Alright, fair enough. I would call my (previous) boss a fucking asshole for firing me two weeks before Christmas.

Creston

Well, it's a shitty deal no doubt but better to know immediately. Beside I'd wager they'll be getting some form of severance package anyway. At least knowing in advance helps you plan accordingly.

True. It sucks either way but it's best to plan ahead and not spend money you won't have on the holidays rather than come from a festive holiday mood and be hit with the reality.

47. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2012, 10:13 ASeven

Verno wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 10:11:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 10:09:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 09:57:
Made it 7 days on my first try of Don't Starve. Was walking along and some HUGE OWL looking thing just ran at me and pecked me 1x. Dead. WTF!?!?!? hahahahah
How do you guys play that game already Steam page says coming in March 2013?

Pre-Purchase Offer

Pre-Purchase Now and gain instant access to the Beta on Steam!

Honestly the game is kinda meh though, gets old fast.

They do add major features every two weeks though so until the release date this game will grow, hopefully you'll enjoy it at release date.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
22. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 17, 2012, 09:24 ASeven

Prez wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 00:03:
ASeven wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 20:54:
nin wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 20:19:
Prez wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 19:51:
Hellbinder wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 19:15:
in other news God loves everyone despite killing everyone in a flood and inventing eternal torment....

Ummm... okay. Confused

Yep.

I like waffles!

Waffles are nothing but cheap pancake knock-offs. Pancakes ftw!

Now you've done it! I'm calling reinforcements to defend the waffles!

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2012, 20:55 ASeven

Don't Starve is quite an amazing little survival game. I recommend it to anyone who loves total freedom to do whatever the hell you want games.  

4218 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo