Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4048 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
90. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 19:01 ASeven

A good video to understand why people are outraged at this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
89. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 18:59 ASeven

The plot thickens.

http://imgur.com/a/cXYYQ

Coverage of the scandal uncensored on The Escapist forums, of all places.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2014, 19:14 ASeven

Just for those who want to have some popcorn time, here's a few links about this.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2014, 18:59 ASeven

Cutter wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 18:46:
What scandal? Jesus H. Christ, gaming journalism has always been little more than another form of marketing. So worrying about "journalists" taking payola for favourable reviews is laughable at best when they've been doing it all the time anyway. They were just getting cash, swag, and junkets instead of hummers. It's a complete non-issue unless you're dumb enough to believe that there was some level of integrity there in the first place.

There never was any integrity in gaming journalism but bloody hell, this shit is now being done in the open and nobody does anything about it. That's the scandal.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2014, 17:42 ASeven

What a fucking disgusting article, waving aside the Zoe Quinn scandal by misguiding people into thinking the point of it was her personal relationships when the real point of the scandal is the absolute lack of integrity all those reporters had by trading favors for sex.

That everyone is trying to bury this is sickening. That the usual SJWs are trying to dismiss this is enraging.

This scandal is way too serious, with too many dangerous implications, to be dismissed like the gaming media is doing, but being dismissed it is.

News Comments > etc., etc.
22. Re: etc., etc. Aug 20, 2014, 12:13 ASeven

Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 11:41:
nin wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 09:51:
Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 09:49:
Oy vey - More gaming press drama. It's not as if we didn't all know a lot of positive press is for sale in gaming "journalism".

SOMEONE PROPOSITION PREZ FOR HIS STEAM ACCOUNT!

(Sorry! Had to!)

Not if it was Kate Upton!

Who am I kidding? If Kate Upton propositioned me for everything I own I'd give in in a heartbeat.

Hi, I'm Kate Upton! I want everything you own.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 19, 2014, 18:24 ASeven

Wow. Fucking wow. If this sex thing is true then something a lot more important than this has just happened, the integrity of kotaku is now completely at stake. Hell, the integrity of gaming journalism, the few it had, is destroyed completely if this is true.

She also used DMCA to take down a video about this. Oh man, this cannot end well. And Nathan Grayson involved.

This shit has the potential of shaking up a lot of foundations badly though, to be honest, they needed to be shook.

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
23. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 08:28 ASeven

Redmask wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 00:09:
|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 00:06:
you looked right over my entire point... as per typical bluesnews poster. I never even advocated for the game, but damn you all are posting like entitled little children.

Why would you pick this topic to express that? We're being pretty fair in both praise and criticism of this game and its based on experience. You're the one acting like an entitled brat here, as if the rest of us need to dance to the tune you want and nothing else.

It is always telling that the ones to use the entitlement argument the most are the ones who are the truly entitled ones as if we had to hear their verbal diarrhea and agree with all of it. Case in point, this raptor guy.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 15, 2014, 14:46 ASeven

I miss good ol' Sparky. The Peanuts comics always had heart that many comics fail to have.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
16. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 13:38 ASeven

gilly775 wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:30:
ASeven wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:09:
Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 12:49:
The big update is just the sheer scope. Galciv 2 could handle a few thousand "actors" (ships, planets, space stations, rebels, etc) in its engine before it would crap out. This engine is solely 64 bit, and built from the ground up to handle hundreds of thousands of actors. So the entire scope of the game will increase by an incredible amount.

Other than having actual combat, what really needed dramatic overhauls or improvements in Galciv2? It was already pretty darn great.

Creston, have you tried Distant Worlds: Universe? If not, get it right the fuck now! I think you might fall in love with it.

Star Ruler 2 is in early access and is good and getting better.

Distant Worlds: universe is the colossus of space 4x games, in size, in scope and in sheer gameplay. Star Ruler 2 shows good potential though.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
12. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 13:09 ASeven

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 12:49:
The big update is just the sheer scope. Galciv 2 could handle a few thousand "actors" (ships, planets, space stations, rebels, etc) in its engine before it would crap out. This engine is solely 64 bit, and built from the ground up to handle hundreds of thousands of actors. So the entire scope of the game will increase by an incredible amount.

Other than having actual combat, what really needed dramatic overhauls or improvements in Galciv2? It was already pretty darn great.

Creston, have you tried Distant Worlds: Universe? If not, get it right the fuck now! I think you might fall in love with it.

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain PC Plans
3. Re: Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain PC Plans Aug 13, 2014, 16:43 ASeven

Confirmed at their show. They even showed Snake using a box with a Steam logo.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
48. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 08:59 ASeven

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 08:42:
TangledThorns wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 05:36:
In my long time of being a Blues News reader I don't think I've ever been more mad at a post like this. TR is one of my favorite games and I couldn't wait for the sequel to hit PC. MS and Eidos can go fuck themselves. I never considered myself anti-console but after this announcement I am now.

I would hope, when it finally launches on other platforms, people remember this bullshit that they pulled, and not buy it.

MS has now confirmed it will come to other platforms.

30. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 15:22 ASeven

Siygess wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 14:34:
ASeven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 14:06:
Microsoft commitment to PC gaming never ceases to amaze me.

Hmm, good point, isn't it about time we get another "We are fully committed to the PC as a gaming platform." statement from Microsoft? It seems like we haven't had one in at least six months.

http://i.imgur.com/RFrFNoZ.jpg

27. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 14:06 ASeven

Microsoft commitment to PC gaming never ceases to amaze me.  

News Comments > Into the Black
30. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 08:36 ASeven

The last time I've been this upset about a tragedy striking a public figure was when Terry Pratchett announced he was diagnosed with an early onset of Alzheimer's. I don't care much about public figures but when they bring genuine laughter to the world then it hits me. Laughter is a rare commodity these days, and people who manage people to laugh with genuine happiness even rarer.

I can't even start to imagine the dark pit of pure despair and pain he had to be in to do this, depression sure is one of the worst diseases out there, it's so fucking insidious that it destroys us thoroughly from the inside and usually without anyone else noticing it before it's too late.

News Comments > Project CARS Preorders and LE Details
12. Re: Project CARS Preorders and LE Details Aug 12, 2014, 03:18 ASeven

Peoplw have been saying this game is not moddable. Can anyone confirm or deny?  

News Comments > Act of Aggression Announced
6. Re: Act of Aggression Announced Aug 10, 2014, 05:53 ASeven

Well, color me interested.  

News Comments > Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year
6. Re: Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year Aug 8, 2014, 12:47 ASeven

Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 11:19:
I played the shit out of Wings on my Amiga, (I actually played the shit out of all the Cinemaware games), but unless they make an incredible dogfighting module, I have no interest in revisiting it.

Same here, loved my Cinemaware games on my Amiga but Wings is the one I remember fondest. The music, the atmosphere created by the diary entries, the game itself, it was Cinemaware at its best.

If they manage to make the remake interesting enough I might get it.

4048 Comments. 203 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo