Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3866 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached
9. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 19:33 ASeven

Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, The DF Adventure, Dead State, Grim Dawn, and this one. Most of them are supposed to be out next year. I predict that on late 2013, when these projects start to come out, a new golden age of gaming may occur. Damn, can't wait.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer
24. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 14, 2012, 07:28 ASeven

Great decision, makes me even more interested in this now.  

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
40. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 12, 2012, 14:34 ASeven

Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 13:38:
I preordered this in a moment of weakness. That was at the same time as I bought FIFA13 and was disappointed to find that its Virtual Pro feature has been gutted so by purchasing both games without knowing their feature sets in detail, I have basically ruined PC gaming for every one, for ever. Sorry 'bout that.

PC gaming is dead again and it's all your fault.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: PC Marketing blah blah Oct 12, 2012, 14:32 ASeven

Prez wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 13:38:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 13:13:
Prez wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 13:06:
let me leave this public service message: XCOM!!!!!!!!!
and you wanted to skip this game, remember?

Something about the level of excitement among the normally-cynical blues regulars made me re-think it ... thank you Bluesnews! Free games for everyone at the Steam Xmas sale!

After playing XCOM for some (lots) hours I have to say XCOM is a great game but I still prefer Xenonauts for an awesome experience more faithful with the series. Not that XCOM is bad, not at all, I just think Xenonauts manages to be a good bit better.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Oct 12, 2012, 14:30 ASeven

ABVH wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 12:48:

So you made a new account here just to show everyone that you're an idiot? Congratulations, mission accomplished.

34. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 12, 2012, 09:21 ASeven

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 09:02:
The more I hear about this game the less interested I am. There are way too many great games to play these days, I hate to pass on a Sim City game but they have managed to make it really unattractive.

Yeah, it's starting to seriously sound like one of those social games on FB. All the features that were taken away and all the dumb things added are really ensuring that SC5 is the death of the SC series.

Ah well, we still have SC4/3/2000. 4 is the best for me, especially with some of the mods added in.

18. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 23:44 ASeven

gradbot wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:02:
I don't get why people cry about always having to be online.

I don't get why there's still insufferable idiots who believe the world spins around them and who also have no idea about the real world and how only a tiny amount of people in the whole world are able to be online all the time due to not having reliable or fast or cheap enough net connections, or not having access to an ISP at all.

Fuck, grow some brains.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 11, 2012, 21:03 ASeven

Prez wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 20:39:
Every gaming reviews outlet gets accused of this. You have to figure it goes on at some level, but who knows if it is only here and there or if it's a widespread practice? PC Gamer reviews have seemed less glowy to me lately, but that could just be in my head. I do know that I generally like and agree with one of their oft-used freelance reviewers, Tom Chick, so I read them a lot. I get their mag delivered to my Kindle Fire every month.

But yeah that Dragon Age 2 review made me scratch Rich McCormick off of my list of trusted reviewers.

Here's one for us old ones. Back in the 80s two of the powerhouse magazines covering game reviews were Crash! and Zzap!64. The reviews were often honest and always brutal where needed be. Fast forward to the present where one of the past editors of Zzap!64 confessed some reviews were given higher marks due to "money pressure".

You have to think, if back where game reviewing was an infant business this practice was already rather common place then such practices could only have gotten more complex and more than likely more ingrained within the game journalism group to the point where I think it's believable that paid reviews are a strong possibility nowadays.

2. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 11, 2012, 20:33 ASeven

So, no modtools, always online, a lot of multiplayer content, tons of DLC, no terraforming, limited 2km x 2km size for cities.

It's as if they're trying to make us not buy this shit! Well, they're succeeding. The more I hear about this the more I'm convinced it has almost nothing in common with the past titles of the series. I smell a Diablo3 all over again, overhyped piece of crap that gets bought too much and ends up being the disappointment of the year.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 11, 2012, 20:30 ASeven

That would explain the 94 given to DA2.  

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
32. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 11, 2012, 18:24 ASeven

2014 can't come soon enough. That screenshot looked pretty sweet.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 11, 2012, 13:19 ASeven

Reminds me of this

http://youtu.be/ZLDtHsfmEKs

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
8. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 11, 2012, 13:14 ASeven

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 10:48:
You do realize that at least 4 out 5 kickstarters will fail. That is pretty much throwing your money away. Fools always flock to a losing deal.

Fools will talk out of their ass and make up bullshit pseudo-theories, like the quote above.

News Comments > No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace
19. Re: No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace Oct 11, 2012, 13:13 ASeven

And we have the first hints of MS trying to control the market. Sure, it is restricted to only their app store but does anyone doubt that if Win8 does well they'll extend this control to everything else in the OS? I sure don't doubt it.

For the sake of open computing Win8 must fail and truth be told, the market penetration of Win8 apparently is below expectations.

News Comments > A Game of Dwarves Preorders Include DLC
4. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 10, 2012, 12:29 ASeven

Towns and Gnomoria more than likely do this much better.  

News Comments > Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced
15. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 12:25 ASeven

Well, that was pretty impressive.  

News Comments > Dishonored Reviews
63. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 19:36 ASeven

Prez wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 18:50:
sauron wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 14:54:
I'm having waaaaaaaaaay too much playing GW2 to try anything else right now...

Is this like madlibs where we fill in the word? Oh boy, I'll play! How's this:

I'm having waaaaaaaaaay too much gastrointestinal distress playing GW2 to try anything else right now...

You should see a doctor for that.

News Comments > Primal Carnage Beta Underway
1. Re: Primal Carnage Beta Underway Oct 8, 2012, 11:42 ASeven

This is a bloody fun game. If you enjoy class-based games with a twist and a lot of fun, get this one. Perfect to spend a couple of hours once in a while having tons of fun.  

News Comments > PC Retro City Rampage This Week
2. Re: PC Retro City Rampage This Week Oct 7, 2012, 14:37 ASeven

About time, I almost forgot I had pre-ordered this one.  

News Comments > Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt
12. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 6, 2012, 15:52 ASeven

Kalypso only move now is to offer refunds. They knew this game was broken when it released, now it is their responsibility to offer refunds for a game that will never be fixed and isn't playable.  

3866 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo