Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4050 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Mike Capps Caps Epic Career
8. Re: Mike Capps Caps Epic Career Dec 4, 2012, 22:39 ASeven

Makes you wonder what's really happening backstage at Epic, all these exits can't be just a mere coincidence.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2012, 17:35 ASeven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:50:
ASeven wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:10:
Dades wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 15:33:
The foot into the living room has cost them a lot and given them little in return.

Exactly, and now this is coming to bite them in the ass as people dump Windows8 for other platforms or simply stick with Win7. The traction MS wanted to gain over Apple will not happen and what will happen instead is that they realize far too late that Windows was and always will be their bread and butter and not consoles. Add to this the terrible direction that Win8 is moving towards and the sales numbers, the real ones, showing Win8 is doing far less sales than Vista did, and the nightmare scenario for MS is pretty much a given

Do you have a link to those "real" sales numbers? The only thing I can find about Windows 8 selling less than Vista is a ZDNet report using dubious sources to put it mildly. Not saying you're wrong. I have no dog in the Windows 8 fight as it were but as I understand, it's not selling horribly. PC sales are down, largely because the world economy is still in the dumps and people are realising they don't need new PCs every 2 years when all they do is surf the Internet.

Well, my numbers come from a lot of reports I subscribe and pay to from various financial firms who do market research and all that stuff. Right now Win8 sales are below Vista and well below Win7 and XP sales according to the reports. The licenses numbers is grossly overstated because most of those licenses doesn't translate into direct sales and revenue.

If these numbers hold up, Win8 will be the least sold Windows since WinME.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2012, 16:10 ASeven

Dades wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 15:33:
The foot into the living room has cost them a lot and given them little in return.

Exactly, and now this is coming to bite them in the ass as people dump Windows8 for other platforms or simply stick with Win7. The traction MS wanted to gain over Apple will not happen and what will happen instead is that they realize far too late that Windows was and always will be their bread and butter and not consoles. Add to this the terrible direction that Win8 is moving towards and the sales numbers, the real ones, showing Win8 is doing far less sales than Vista did, and the nightmare scenario for MS is pretty much a given.

In the end, however, they have nobody else to blame but themselves. Consoles would have never given them any significant revenue share compared to Windows or Office but I guess only in their and their apologists fantasy world would that ever be possible.

News Comments > Ravaged Free DLC Plans
3. Re: Ravaged Free DLC Plans Nov 30, 2012, 22:26 ASeven

Good grief, a handful of servers, all empty. Shame, this game had potential but they released it far too soon.  

News Comments > New Steam Greenlight Approvals
15. Re: New Steam Greenlight Approvals Nov 30, 2012, 22:24 ASeven

I remember playing Space Ace and Dragon's Lair on my Amiga. The animation quality of that game made it something quite special back in the day.  

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle
29. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Nov 30, 2012, 08:36 ASeven

Fantaz wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 02:10:
ASeven wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 21:32:
Hah, called this one a week ago.

Heh... I actually remember that. You want to post a link to the comment?

Over here.

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle
5. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Nov 29, 2012, 21:32 ASeven

Hah, called this one a week ago.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Trailer
3. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Trailer Nov 29, 2012, 21:31 ASeven

According to the Steam pre-order page, this game will have microtransactions.

Reward 3

Everything Above, Plus:

Company of Heroes 2 Commissar Chest*
In-Game Currency Gift to be Used Towards Purchasing Future Content
XP Boost
Unit Boost
Commander Archetype

There goes a great part of my interest in the game. If the transactions are for cosmetic items only though then all is fine. Still, until I hear more about this I'll be taking a cautious interest on this game.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 15:37 ASeven

I have the opposite experience with Chivalry. It's a damn fun melee game that's not ultra-realistic but will still scratch your fun itch.  

News Comments > Miner Wars 2081 and Demo Released
8. Re: Web installer? Nov 29, 2012, 12:31 ASeven

Seems the game is rather horrible.  

News Comments > GODUS Multiplayer Details
9. Re: GODUS Multiplayer Details Nov 28, 2012, 13:20 ASeven

There's some hints of sanity in the video. Some tiny hints but if he allows his sanity to take over maybe, just maybe, the Populous remake will make justice to the name.  

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed
10. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 23:03 ASeven

Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:51:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:48:
If Steam Customer of the Decade won't even install Snuggle Truck, what hope does it have getting a sequel?

LMAO! I am going to install it tomorrow and leave it running in the background until Christmas. Whenever you look at your friends' playlists, you'll see that Prez has been playing Snuggle Truck for 600 hours and counting!

Oh the humanity!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
32. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 26, 2012, 14:12 ASeven

I also draw your attentions to this kickstarter, which also has a lot of potential of becoming a truly great game.  

24. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 21:04 ASeven

In other KS news, GODUS is close to being 1/3rd funded. Latest update on it has the 22cans guys saying they will post daily/weekly development diaries.

Can Moulyneux regain some of his sanity for a bit to produce a good Populous remake? The bets are on the table.

I still would have preferred a Powermonger remake.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 25, 2012, 20:57 ASeven

jimnms wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 19:43:
Is there a lot of players playing Chivalry MP? I haven't had time to play much MP games lately, but I've always wanted a game like this. Anyone want to go in on a 4-pack?

Yes there are, about 6000 players in average per day.

23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 20:54 ASeven

Slashman wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 19:47:
ASeven wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 18:31:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:24:
Also i must say, limit theories in game video looks a hell of a lot better than staring at the same asteroid spammed 10,000 times in the above vid

Agreed. If there's a project with the potential of becoming the next Elite-type game is Limit Theory. It has the potential of becoming something really awesome.

His video really impressed me. And it's something I'm liable to back way before I even think about backing Star Citizen. If he pulls off the procedurally generated universe along with the NPCs working the way he says they will, I'll take it in a split second.

New Limit Theory gameplay video:

http://youtu.be/hNU02rDSSvI

19. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 18:31 ASeven

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:24:
Also i must say, limit theories in game video looks a hell of a lot better than staring at the same asteroid spammed 10,000 times in the above vid

Agreed. If there's a project with the potential of becoming the next Elite-type game is Limit Theory. It has the potential of becoming something really awesome.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 25, 2012, 17:28 ASeven

Kosumo wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 16:16:
Did CliffyB make a female clone of himself?

Thanks for the nightmares.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 25, 2012, 17:26 ASeven

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 16:31:
ASeven wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 16:26:
And this is what I've been saying here for a long time, the next gen of consoles more than likely will be pretty underwhelming all around. If the 6670 rumor is true then the next generation of consoles may bury the gaming industry instead of saving it.

I have the opposite opinion. If the next gen of consoles has a major spec bump it'll be the end of the industry due to astronomical production costs. Innovation will stagnate due to the dangers of a single failed game collapsing a studio. PC gaming won't take over either, that ship has sailed.

Actually I also agree with this, as you've said production costs would blow the industry up but the industry will blow up if the new consoles are underwhelming as well.

I think it's easy to see the industry cornered itself into a very critical position with the new consoles. And PC gaming will save the industry, like microcomputers (C64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC) saved the industry from the 83 crash. The PCs have always been the fallback plan that has always worked in case of the industry going through hard times.

16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 17:22 ASeven

Slashman wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:09:
Anyone here think Limit Theory will be any good?

It's a one man game...but it looks like it could be interesting.

Elite: Frontier was a one-man game too.

4050 Comments. 203 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo