Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3945 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 11:25 ASeven

On one hand, oh fuck, Elite 4! The granddaddy of all space trade/exploration sim games! One of the best games ever made!

On the other hand, the lack of any screens, videos, details, etc leaves me cold, especially with the fact he hasn't been doing anything for the past 20 years.

In the end as much as I want to give him money I'll wait to see if he updates the kickstarter with more tangible stuff that proves he really is committed to releasing this at the date he set.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed
27. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 08:39 ASeven

Apparently the CEO wants to put THQ for sale.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80
37. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 6, 2012, 08:26 ASeven

pcdev continues his quest of being an utter douchebag cunt!

https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/265766318823837697

@Thotaz You have to choose what to QQ about. Input lag, server lag, tearing, or FPS, or you can make some reasonable concessions and +

News Comments > CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed
3. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 5, 2012, 20:59 ASeven

The swan song for THQ has now begun. They refused to answer questions from analysts in their conference call, it had a very somber and heavy feeling to it in fact.

I believe this is it, the beginning of the end for THQ. Their stocks have been crashing despite the merge months ago and now this. You had to be at the call to really feel that you were talking with a CEO that knows his company is about to die, in fact many of the analysts felt that way.

We'll be lucky if we see any of these postponed games. Hopefully at least Metro comes out.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2012, 20:57 ASeven

Amazing blog article on the Astrounauts. Should become mandatory reading for every single developer out there.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80
10. Re: LOL @ COD Devs Nov 5, 2012, 18:00 ASeven

Why does that guy still insists on calling himself pcdev when he has become anything but?  

News Comments > Chaos Remake Features
9. Re: Chaos Remake Features Nov 5, 2012, 10:28 ASeven

Oh fuck YES! SPent countless hours playing Chaos and Laser Squad on my Speccy, good to see the sequel coming.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rumors
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Rumors Nov 4, 2012, 20:46 ASeven

Here's the thing, a 6670, from what I understand from reading the WiiU specs, is already quite a beefy upgrade from the WiiU graphics processor. Besides, this 6670/7670 rumor came not only from the xbox camp but also the PS one so when two different sources come out with the same rumors I tend to lessen the grain of salt I give to it.

From a financial point of view, if they go for anything beefier than a 6670 or equivalent they will be shooting themselves in the foot. The xbox360 was sold for a loss for quite a long time and its hardware was less expensive at the time than anything the next generation will bring.

Personally I stick with what I said, regardless of what hardware they'll use the graphical jump won't be half as big as the jump was from the PS2 to the PS3 generation. Financially, with Sony on a bad spot and MS not wanting to spend to much, it makes perfect logic that the next hardware will be the equivalent of a 6670 in graphical power or something equivalent or slightly more powerful. They know the WiiU is weak in terms of graphics.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 17:54 ASeven

In other news, CoD:BO2 just got leaked for the xbox.

Damn filthy PC pirates!

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Rumors Nov 4, 2012, 14:30 ASeven

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 14:22:
According to some, the next generation of consoles is released in a couple weeks.

Huh, that would get everyone by surprise. However I don't expect the next gen of consoles to be the huge step that, say, the PS2 generation was to the PS3 one. If the rumors of the consoles using a 6670 for its graphical powers are true, I fear these consoles will not do half as well as the PS3 and Xbox360 have. And if you think about it in economic terms, the 6670 makes perfect sense since anything else would put the consoles into a rather prohibitive price point both to produce and to sell.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Dark Reign Redux Nov 4, 2012, 14:20 ASeven

NS2 is truly a PC FPS through and through and I've been loving it. Glad to see it not only is a success in sales, it also is a success in player numbers. Also nice to see Chivalry still hanging on there.  

News Comments > Homefront Postmortem
3. Re: Homefront Postmortem Nov 4, 2012, 14:19 ASeven

Only proves what I've been telling for a long time, that the gaming industry has one of the most brutal work environments of all industries out there. This article lays that in a terrifyingly clear way.  

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Rumors Nov 4, 2012, 14:17 ASeven

If this is anywhere close to true, 1 year cycle development? That makes the BF series as bad as the CoD series in terms of development time.

Also, Oct 23 and coming out for both the new generation of consoles? If the rumor has any base on fact then it means the next generation of consoles will be out before Oct 23.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2012, 20:17 ASeven

Prez wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 18:43:
Is this guy for real? It's the readers' fault? Jesus tap-dancing Christ, I've seen it all now.

That's gaming journalism for you! Surprised he didn't use the entitlement word at all.

"Reader are an entitled bunch who only want quality journalism! Entitled, I say!!!"

News Comments > Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal
2. Re: Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal Nov 1, 2012, 20:16 ASeven

Yeah, in the end it would have to come down to this.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2012, 15:27 ASeven

Verno nails it pretty much perfectly.  

News Comments > Outlast Trailer
4. Re: Outlast Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 19:25 ASeven

I have to say, if the game ends up looking like this than it's going to be a blast to play. Reminds me of [Rec] 1 and 2, the Spanish version, and that is a good thing.  

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Trailer
3. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Trailer Oct 31, 2012, 19:24 ASeven

Ah, my dose of Lovecraftian horror is soon to come. Ah well, more happy and terrifying sleepless nights for me!  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Oct 31, 2012, 19:23 ASeven

So the fucking idiot Lauren did indeed use legal threats unlike what her employee was saying. Her reputation is now, hopefully, unrecoverable, and serves her right. Problem is, she is but a tiny sample on how gaming journalism is today.

Also, this.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week
4. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster This Week Oct 31, 2012, 17:21 ASeven

Huh. This DLC sales are really doing no good for the dev, good will is probably running low at this point. I know that as much as I liked OMD2 this really is grating on my patience.

I think I'll wait a few months when OMD2 will go on deep sale and get the DLCs then.

3945 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo