Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4048 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg
2. Re: Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg Dec 22, 2012, 11:34 ASeven

The more Maxis open their mouth and reveal more stuff about SC, the more dreadful and horrible the new SC seems to be. This is on par on trying to explain that the new remake of Syndicate as a FPS is a good thing too.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
8. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 13:53 ASeven

Any hidden deals?  

News Comments > Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer
35. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 20, 2012, 10:48 ASeven

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 09:07:
Hey hey, they made it!

Yeah

32. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 22:18 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 19:50:
Amazingly Elite Dangerous has surpassed the GODUS funding goal but still has a way to go before it reaches the finish line.

I think Limit Theory will be the next spiritual Elite game to be honest and will probably be better than Elite:Dangerous.

31. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 22:17 ASeven

Forsaken Fortress at $92,700. Nice to see it picking up speed in the last hours.

Godus just hit the first stretch goal at 460K too.

28. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 18:00 ASeven

Dev wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:38:
ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:05:
Ah well, hope this game turns out to be a good Populous homage because if it's another game full of hot air as Peter's last games were I can see this breaking Peter's reputation down to a non recoverable state.
If its not there already, why would a failure of that make it go there? Besides, all he has to do is release an unfinished product, and he can say he shipped a product to kickstarter backers.

Because it is kickstarter. Kickstarter supporters usually don't like receiving a pile of crap and they'll remember it next time Peter tries to peddle something there or on other crowdfunding site and from the looks of it he has no money to do otherwise than to go to crowdfunding sites to get his work financed. And there will be a next KS project for Peter, that's for sure.

25. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 16:05 ASeven

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:59:
ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:55:
Aaaand Godus just got funded.

They certainly rallied at the end.

They still are rallying. Makes me think they'll hit the 500K mark. Ah well, hope this game turns out to be a good Populous homage because if it's another game full of hot air as Peter's last games were I can see this breaking Peter's reputation down to a non recoverable state. The fact is that Peter still had some good reputation left or else this project wouldn't get funded, if he fails this I don't see any more chances for Peter to make any other game.

23. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:56 ASeven

You can also see Peter go bonkers live, not that anyone wants to mind you.

http://www.twitch.tv/22cans

22. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:55 ASeven

Aaaand Godus just got funded.  

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
1. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 15:28 ASeven

Called this a year ago. A shame but in my opinion a sample of what is to come to the industry if they don't change their business models fast.

Their stocks are plunging 70% as well.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
97. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 19, 2012, 14:34 ASeven

A bit off-topic, THQ just filed for bankruptcy.  

15. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 13:10 ASeven

Xil wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:49:
why so much attention to this game, because of Molyneux ? I would rather see something like Forsaken Fortress get a little bit of attention, its so close to making/not making it... they can use the PR more then molyneux... ymho

Pledged. Damn, my kickstarter use is closely resembling Prez's Steam use, gotta buy them all!

10. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 11:14 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:11:
ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:02:
Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 10:55:
It's been a long time since I played Populous. Is this all you really did? Just equalize land and then watch your people grow? Because it seems boring as all hell...

You had god powers to destroy or help your civilization, like floods, fire, tornados, volcanos, etc. In Populous 2 you could also build walls, create swamps, throw meteorites at people's heads, etc.

Yeah, I remember the god powers, but those only started happening once you had enough people to "power them". There wasn't any kind of building involved? I vaguely remember the walls of Pop 2.

I thought it had been more of a "you decide what buildings they build and where" kind of thing, but I'm probably just old and confused. (Well, I AM old. I'm probably just confused.)

You only flattened the land for them to build. In a way you had some sort of control since the buildings' purpose was to achieve the almighty fortress, which generated more people and the people could only improve their houses if the land around them was flat. Other than that you couldn't really control the people that much.

The prototype does appear to show the people with more of a free will than the original games though.

8. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 11:03 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:02:
I can't remember if I ever played Powermonger. I think I did, but I must not have enjoyed it, because I know I played it nowhere near as much as I did the original populous and populous 2.

A reminder of it.

7. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 11:02 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 10:55:
It's been a long time since I played Populous. Is this all you really did? Just equalize land and then watch your people grow? Because it seems boring as all hell...

You had god powers to destroy or help your civilization, like floods, fire, tornados, volcanos, etc. In Populous 2 you could also build walls, create swamps, throw meteorites at people's heads, etc.

5. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 11:00 ASeven

From the pictures they have posted about the game, they give me the idea they are trying to add some Powermonger elements into the game as well, like the followers doing stuff like herding sheep and going on their daily lives, much like Powermonger did.

Damn, I miss Powermonger. In many ways it was vastly superior to Populous and it's a shame few people remember the game nowadays.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 19, 2012, 10:39 ASeven

RE6 sales below expectation?? You don't say! You only butchered the series completely in this game and expected massive sales so I'm glad to see Capcom getting fucked once again for their retarded decisions.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning?
1. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 10:24 ASeven

And to think people defended this game. Holy shit, spend $60, get support for only 6 months. This is spitting in the face of everyone who bought this.  

2. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 10:23 ASeven

I'm going to do the unthinkable and say I am liking the prototype. It captures the essence of the original Populous nicely and if Peter doesn't go too insane this might end up being a good Populous remake. Might.

Good grief I can't believe I said that.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Dec 18, 2012, 23:56 ASeven

Also, this.

http://i.imgur.com/62kg1.jpg

4048 Comments. 203 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo