Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4073 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
36. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:51 ASeven

MxxCon wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:45:
See https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/genre-simulation-city-building for some other games.

Nice, thanks for the find.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 17:47 ASeven

Kim Dotcom is a douchebag but in this case I have to stand for him, the US govt case against Megaupload has been revealed to be so full of holes and illegalities that it's best to let a scammer and douche run around free then allow a govt to carry out such a miscarriage of justice in the name of Hollywood.  

33. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:43 ASeven

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:35:
There are very few choices when it comes to City Building, and at least Sim City 5 offers a proper simulation engine so for people who want complexity, here you can really fine tune things to perfection.

I mean, nobody is forcing anyone to play this in beta or to buy it, but if you are curious on release you will most definitely be able to read my opinion about it here... ^^ I had lots of credit and 25% coupon on GMG.. hence an extremely good deal.

I at least can understand if you got the game for a really killer deal. The price on the European side of Origin for SC is about $100 (80) for the deluxe edition. That's just crazy.

And yeah, to this day the only game I know of to use zoning and then allow said zoning to develop itself without the direct interference of the player has been SimCity. I never understood why no other game used this mechanic.

Maybe the new game by the devs of Dungeons of Dredmor will use that mechanic.

31. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:38 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:29:
yeah, you're just trolling, i don't think anyone on here is taking you seriously. you have no valid points. you're just trying to cause shit. you are encouraging people to steal from artists who make the art that we all love. That's really low. On a forum for people who love videogames trying to subvert and sabotage the industry which makes the content we all love, instead of just you know NOT BUYING IT. trying to encourage others to steal and follow your ill-advised lead is criminal. you shouldn't be allowed the right to even post here. yes "YOUR KIND" i'm happy that "YOUR KIND" won't be anywhere near my game. and you can take that to the bank.

Here sport, let me type clearly so you can understand:

At no point did I advocate piracy except in your diseased mind;
I don't give a fuck if people like mediocre games or not, it's their business to buy them or not, but when a publisher pulls draconian, customer-harming stuff then that then it should become everyone's business and even fanbois like you should take notice and not allow this to happen;
The fact you let this happen just to play a shiny that will no doubt be a huge disappointment only shows your absolute lack of spine;
Since almost nobody is interested in buying this new SC due to all the bad information about it, enjoy playing in a forced multiplayer game with a tiny community.

27. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:21 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:17:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:10:
Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:06:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:47:
Holy shit Slick, you're going beyond fanboi levels of insanity.

lol really?

i'm saying: "if you don't like it, don't buy it, that's your freedom, that's capitalism. it doesn't not give you free license to steal. doesn't give you the right to pirate. theivery is bad"

and you think that's beyond the fanboi levels of insanity? can you read?

LESS HYPERBOLE! MORE REASONDED ARGUMENTS!

Still with the same fanboi insane levels. A shame.

so i'm to assume that you and your kind won't be playing my game? then i take back everything i said. it's a perfect system. a system that keeps hate filled victimized thieves away from my game? PERFECT! the system works! infact you should probably never play any game online again! i should be thanking my lucky stars that you won't be apart of the community that i'll be enjoying playing this title.

Oh god this is priceless. "My kind". BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Like I said, insane fanboi levels. Hey Slick, here's a shovel, keep digging that hole more!

24. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:10 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:06:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:47:

lol really?

i'm saying: "if you don't like it, don't buy it, that's your freedom, that's capitalism. it doesn't not give you free license to steal. doesn't give you the right to pirate. theivery is bad"

and you think that's beyond the fanboi levels of insanity? can you read?

LESS HYPERBOLE! MORE REASONDED ARGUMENTS!

Still with the same fanboi insane levels. A shame.

23. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:09 ASeven

MxxCon wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:05:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:56:
This is just insane and reaching unheard levels of draconian measures. Ah well, one more nail in the SC coffin. My only complain is that EA is again killing another damn good series for good all because they got greedy.

Dammit, the thought of never playing another SimCity as good as 2000 or 4, or playing another SC at all, makes me sad. EA sure loves destroying their IP.
Will Wright left EA long time ago, and most of good Maxis talent as well. There are many equally good city-building games around.

I don't agree with the many good city-building games around part. Not like SimCity where you zone land and watch it grow by itself. The Anno games are economic simulators, CitiesXL doesn't even come close to SC2000, let alone 4, Tropico is the most decent of city builders out there but there's no zoning and the complexity of the game is pretty low.

My only hope right now is an opensource game called I,Mayor though that one still has a long, long way to go before it reaches a level comparable to any SC game.

Unfortunately there's really nothing good right now that compares to SC.

20. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:58 ASeven

Kosumo wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:53:
Praise be to Allah that ASeven is here to bring balance then!

Uh... you're not that good at trolling, you know?

19. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:56 ASeven

This is just insane and reaching unheard levels of draconian measures. Ah well, one more nail in the SC coffin. My only complain is that EA is again killing another damn good series for good all because they got greedy.

Dammit, the thought of never playing another SimCity as good as 2000 or 4, or playing another SC at all, makes me sad. EA sure loves destroying their IP.

16. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:47 ASeven

News Comments > SimCity Beta This Month
24. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 20, 2013, 07:37 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 02:08:
this game is looking amazing, go to pcgamer.com and read all of thearticles they've done on this game.

everyone bitching and moaning about the publisher are %100 ignoring all of the greatness that the developer is acomplishing.

can't say i'll miss ya! i've already pre ordered 2 copies of the deluxe edition, playing sims3 and simcity 4 now just to calm my nerves...

gonna be so great!

Good for ya, the rest of us who have actual taste don't give a fuck about your fanboi rantings though.

And good luck playing with a minimal community on a forced multiplayer game. I'm sure you'll keep saying you won't miss us over and over again.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 18:56 ASeven

Win8 may become the costliest mistake MS ever made.  

12. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 11:06 ASeven

Also, another weird coincidence.

The beta for SC only lasts 1 hour. Anyone wanna take a guess at which previous EA title had an open beta lasting 1 hour as well?

SWTOR.

8. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 06:56 ASeven

Apparently they've now reduced even further the maximum size of a city. They say it's about the size of a medium city in Sc4.

This is going to be a bigger disappointment than D3 was.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2013, 13:15 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 13:13:
They'll both release "this is what we wish our games looked and played like" pre-rendered videos and once again consumers will be duped into thinking that they'll get that experience.

Even today they keep pulling this crap. Far Cry 3 E3 videos, BF3 videos up to the game's release, etc. And people still fall for it time and time again.

News Comments > Codemasters Faces Layoffs
4. Re: Codemasters Faces Layoffs Jan 18, 2013, 13:14 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 13:02:
Hopefully just layoffs and not more. Codemasters makes some pretty awesome racing games for PC. Am looking forward to GRID 2

Personally, I think this is the start of the demise of the mid-publishers and the beginning of a publisher crash. All the signs have been there for a long time and THQ is only the start. Blame it all on the business models of the publishers, they brought this on themselves.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2013, 13:12 ASeven

Verno wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 12:55:
ASeven wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 12:29:
MS and Sony are going to lose a load of money with the sales of the hardware with those specs if they are true. If they price the consoles low they will take a massive cost hit per console unlike anything seen till today, not even the PS3 and Xbox360 took such a massive margin. If they price the consoles higher the demand will drop too much.

I'm starting to see a lose-lose scenario.

That's assuming they sell below cost (likely $300ish), it's quite possible they won't. I doubt we'll see a $700 PS again but $400-500 consoles is possible. Assuming I get a console at all next gen, it'll be Sony all the way. Microsoft started out the console gen with a lot of interesting exclusives and providing a lot of value for Live but ended it on a really poor note with adspam, huge areas of Live neglected and few exclusives. Sony had a much rougher start but continued improving despite some noticeable stumbles and their exclusive library was really diverse and interesting, they funded a lot of cool first party titles especially.

True enough but with such specs which are rather beefy I do wonder if the costs will be that low at all. No doubt they had a nice deal with AMD but I wouldn't be surprised if the costs of this new console were at least 1.5x more expensive than this generation.

Also, I keep saying this, this new generation won't be the jump in graphical fidelity that the past generation jumps were, the changes won't be that drastic as the PS1 to PS2 changes were, or even PS2 to PS3. This is going to serve as a cooling effect for the demand, especially if the new consoles have some sort of anti-used game DRM as it was rumored. Knowing how hardware and publishers want more and more control though it wouldn't be a surprise if the new consoles had some sort of anti-used game DRM in place.

And if the WiiU sales are any indication on how the next generation of consoles is going to be received, well, it simply doesn't look good. The Wii was a good reflection on how this generation of consoles sold, in massive numbers, and now I wonder if the WiiU will also be a good reflection on how the sales of the next gen of consoles will be.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2013, 12:29 ASeven

MS and Sony are going to lose a load of money with the sales of the hardware with those specs if they are true. If they price the consoles low they will take a massive cost hit per console unlike anything seen till today, not even the PS3 and Xbox360 took such a massive margin. If they price the consoles higher the demand will drop too much.

I'm starting to see a lose-lose scenario.

News Comments > Codemasters Faces Layoffs
2. Re: Codemasters Faces Layoffs Jan 18, 2013, 12:25 ASeven

And so the crash starts to take shape.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
9. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 04:03 ASeven

Sold 600000, not bad for a niche game, not bad at all.  

4073 Comments. 204 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo