Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3868 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2012, 12:34 ASeven

Verno wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 12:28:
Apparently being criticized for your public actions to advertise on behalf of a company without disclosing it is considered "libel". Lauren Wainright is an idiot. There, she can sue me, see you in court.

Allow me to up the ante. She's an idiot and an outright shill. There, now we're both will be seeing that idiot in court.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2012, 12:12 ASeven

This post pretty much brilliantly resumes the events of the past days, revealing more stuff that has happened some of us might not be aware of yet.  

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2012, 10:02 ASeven

That Lauren is getting her ass handed in twitter, everyone calling her for her own stupidity and she fucking deserves it. What's even more pathetic is that she is desperately trying to defend herself and what she did has no defense in the first place.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 26, 2012, 09:56 ASeven

The game is quite short but it's very sweet to play. At the price I would recommend though it's about 4 hours long.

Also, this thread tells how to remove the 30fps cap.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Deadlight Oct 25, 2012, 21:29 ASeven

This is actually a great little game. Enjoying it tremendously, which makes me wonder why the game had such low scores when it was reviewed for consoles.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Oct 25, 2012, 21:26 ASeven

Gaming "journalists" are becoming more and more like PR extensions of the publishers than anything else. Gaming "journalism" is a fucking sham and only shows how rotten this industry has become. Thank goodness the crash is fast approaching because this industry has to burn down to the ground to be rebuilt completely in order to attain any sort of sustainability, both financially and in customer acceptance and perception.

This sort of "journalism" is everything that real journalism stands against, ethically and professionally, and it's a fucking outrage a guy had to walk away and quit his job for reporting what actually happens within the gaming journo circles.

News Comments > SimCity in March
22. Re: SimCity in March Oct 25, 2012, 17:45 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 17:35:
Bhruic wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 16:27:
Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 14:27:
Those are two separate issues. Including multiplayer and mandating always online aren't the same thing.

Sure, and there's a difference between having optional multiplayer and designing the game around multiplayer. If nothing else, C&C 4 demonstrated that effectively forcing multiplayer through design choices tends to result in a poorer single player experience. Considering EA's track record, I don't expect anything better here (sadly, as I enjoyed the previous SimCities).

Is this not optional multiplayer? I thought you could wall your city off, or connect with friends.

ASeven bitched about unnecessary multiplayer. I didn't say it was necessary to force online, I just said that SimCity lends itself to multiplayer in ways that can be very entertaining. I don't want to sit around bitching about them putting multiplayer in when I think that's actually a fun, innovative idea.

It's the way they're going about using it as an excuse for always-on that I take issue with. But if they rebuilt SC2K exactly, only allowing us to connect to and influence our friend's cities, I'd love it.

Because making Syndicate as a FPS was very innovative and fun for everyone! Oh wait.

I'll repeat it again, making SC multiplayer and forced at that is like trying to fit a square peg into a circle hole. It'll be as successful as Syndicate was as an FPS. SC is not a game about multiplayer much like Syndicate is not a game about being a FPS.

14. Re: SimCity in March Oct 25, 2012, 12:59 ASeven

Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 11:16:
Wait what? No subways and pipes? It's a fucking game about building city infrastructure. What was the justification on that one? Is there going to be any depth or complexity left in this thing?

Don't think they've given any explanation other than to mainstream the game to be more "enjoyable" by all.

13. Re: SimCity in March Oct 25, 2012, 12:55 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 11:16:
Did old SC games have modtools?

ASeven, aren't virtually all social and multiplayer features "unneeded?" I don't see how you say forced, either. Unless it's forcing me to play with people, or forcing me to add things to my Facebook feed, it isn't forced. The idea of being able to build a neighboring, competing city to a friend's is one I would have killed for in SC2000. Killed. Being able to send tornados into friends' cities is even better.
Sorry, I think that is awesome, not "forced," and while not needed it's pretty cool.

I'm with you on everything else.

SC4 and SC3 had extensive modtools.

the problem is that SC has been a single-player series. Multiplayer features were never a part of it. SC4 tried something on those lines but wasn't that well implemented and in the end people ended up playing the SP portion as they always did. I am against forcing a strictly SP series to fit into a MP format, I have a feeling it's like trying to fit a square peg into a circle hole.

4. Re: SimCity in March Oct 25, 2012, 10:57 ASeven

So up to now this game has:

-No modtools
-Always online DRM
-Unneeded and forced social and multiplayer features
-No terraforming
-Very limited city size
-Forced to have specialized cities
-No zone densities, only one density type now
-No subway and pipes
-DLCs already for sale and a future DLC shop in the future
-$80 for the version with the European architecture style

Can't remember anything else but I'm sure there's more items to add to this list. Not only is this SC game losing touch with its series to the point it's hardly recognizable as a game of the SC series, EA is also having its way with the series.

Something tells me that after this SC Maxis will be regarded in the same light as Blizzard after D3 or Bioware after ME3 and SWTOR. One more developer EA fucked up and one more great series killed by greed and stupidity.

Suffice to say I'm steering well clear of this one, I still have SC4 which is an awesome game, even more awesome with mods.

EDIT: Holy redundancy Batman!

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2012, 13:04.

News Comments > Original DOOM 3 Off Steam
6. Re: Original DOOM 3 Off Steam Oct 23, 2012, 21:48 ASeven

What a fucking douche move. Why do PC gamers keep on going to Quakecon at this point, with Carmack's obvious contempt towards PC gamers being more and more apparent each passing month?  

News Comments > No BF3 Color Grading Removal
4. Re: No BF3 Color Grading Removal Oct 23, 2012, 21:47 ASeven

Now this, this is properly spitting on the community face and telling gamers to fuck off, DICE knows best and you'll play our game the way we want!

Why do people still buy from this shit developer anyway? And do you need more reasons to stop giving money to these cunts?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 17:27 ASeven

Heh, Brad posted in this thread and nobody seems to have noticed it.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched
12. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 16:25 ASeven

Laziest Console Port Evar

Seriously, you guys were so lazy you left the gamepad and other console controls like auto aim in the options menu? For Shame!

THe game has some potential but so many problems.

There may be fixes to some of these but I havnt found them yet
On Def when out of bounds you can shoot or do anything but die and run
Friendly names dont show up on outside screens with eyefinity
cant join squad
cant switch teams
Can join platoon in game but not leave it
high end optics dont gather light they lose it. SNiper non scoped bright and clear, go to scope and its dark. Even crap sun $100 optics gather some light.
Way too many menus to do just about anything
Ever increasing spawn countdown when spawning on fireteam mate
Spawns too protected. Attackers just camp and shoot out of spawn where enemies cant enter or shoot.

MoH is a failed console port, period. Luckily I only paid half price for it.

SOURCE

5. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:25 ASeven

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:23:
ASeven wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:05:
And this is what some people who played the new NFS for PC also say about it:

The Run is not the new NFS, it's about a year old now... And anyway, most of what you quoted are insignificant nitpicks. (What kind of weirdo plays a racing game with the keyboard anyway?) I haven't gotten very far with it since I bought it on sale several months ago because I've been busy with other games, but for $20 I thought it was decent enough.

Heh I didn't notice that while browsing their forums. Blame the lack of sleep.

1. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:05 ASeven

I point out to this URL and what PC gamers have been saying:

can't check ping in game, can't change FOV.
Weapon sound is worse than BF3
Stupid customize, you can't use iron sight. You need to unlock it
Smaller scale but same system requirement than BF3(look better)
in game server filter just sucks
no console
Nearly no Destruction...(you can break few boxes..)
Just watch the game on youtube, its the same thing anyway, except for the occasional mouse clicks
So far it's been one scripted event after the other. Thank goodness I didn't pick this up for it's single player campaign

And this is what some people who played the new NFS for PC also say about it:

"Official NFS: The Run Sucks Thread.

I am highly dissapointed in this game. Consolitis game mechanics ruin yet another game. I pre-purchased this game, and have stayed up all night for you guys, to deliver a gameplay performance and IQ article in this game. I've put time and money into it, and it almost isn't worth it. I'll go ahead and write up a 1 page preview, so it gets main page coverage, and I will editorialize on my experiences there. However, I don't feel this game deserves a full writeup, there isn't anything to talk about.

1.) Game is capped at 30 FPS, yep, no way around it. You can disable VSYNC (why is this option even there) but its game engine locked at 30 FPS, FOR A RACING GAME.

2.) It has no in-game AA options, AT ALL. Being based on Frostbite 2 (same as BF3) it can support deferred AA and post AA. In the game config file you can change these options, but there ARE NO OPTIONS IN-GAME WTF.

3.) Controls are horrible. I can't even map the keys I want on my keyboard. This game was made for gamepads in mind.

4.) Controls are horrible in the sense of car control, its just not good.

5.) I was reading that if you follow the storyline its only about a 2 hour game.

6.) Autolog, nuff said.

This game had so much potential, the graphics are quite nice thanks to Frostbite 2, but the console game mechanics absolutely ruin this game.

Another one bites the dust, hard. Good job."

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2012, 14:26.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
5. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 21:24 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 20:19:
This game has 'wait till reviews' written all over it.

Agreed. All the devs leaving the studio tell me something wrong has happened and the game will suffer for it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 22, 2012, 11:08 ASeven

Glad to see Chivalry that high up. The game is awesome and is everything WotR should have been.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy
9. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 19, 2012, 20:47 ASeven

I laughed. I cried. I laughed again.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077
7. Re: Cyberpunk Becomes Cyberpunk 2077 Oct 19, 2012, 08:53 ASeven

I hope they live up the the RPG, the paper one, and that they pick the best version of it to be based upon. I GMed so much Cyberpunk in my time it quickly became one of my favorite RPGs ever.  

3868 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo