Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4048 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
24. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:10 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:06:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:47:
Holy shit Slick, you're going beyond fanboi levels of insanity.

lol really?

i'm saying: "if you don't like it, don't buy it, that's your freedom, that's capitalism. it doesn't not give you free license to steal. doesn't give you the right to pirate. theivery is bad"

and you think that's beyond the fanboi levels of insanity? can you read?

LESS HYPERBOLE! MORE REASONDED ARGUMENTS!

Still with the same fanboi insane levels. A shame.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:09 ASeven

MxxCon wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:05:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:56:
This is just insane and reaching unheard levels of draconian measures. Ah well, one more nail in the SC coffin. My only complain is that EA is again killing another damn good series for good all because they got greedy.

Dammit, the thought of never playing another SimCity as good as 2000 or 4, or playing another SC at all, makes me sad. EA sure loves destroying their IP.
Will Wright left EA long time ago, and most of good Maxis talent as well. There are many equally good city-building games around.

I don't agree with the many good city-building games around part. Not like SimCity where you zone land and watch it grow by itself. The Anno games are economic simulators, CitiesXL doesn't even come close to SC2000, let alone 4, Tropico is the most decent of city builders out there but there's no zoning and the complexity of the game is pretty low.

My only hope right now is an opensource game called I,Mayor though that one still has a long, long way to go before it reaches a level comparable to any SC game.

Unfortunately there's really nothing good right now that compares to SC.

20. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:58 ASeven

Kosumo wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:53:
Praise be to Allah that ASeven is here to bring balance then!

Uh... you're not that good at trolling, you know?

19. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:56 ASeven

This is just insane and reaching unheard levels of draconian measures. Ah well, one more nail in the SC coffin. My only complain is that EA is again killing another damn good series for good all because they got greedy.

Dammit, the thought of never playing another SimCity as good as 2000 or 4, or playing another SC at all, makes me sad. EA sure loves destroying their IP.

16. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:47 ASeven

Holy shit Slick, you're going beyond fanboi levels of insanity.  

News Comments > SimCity Beta This Month
24. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 20, 2013, 07:37 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 02:08:
this game is looking amazing, go to pcgamer.com and read all of thearticles they've done on this game.

everyone bitching and moaning about the publisher are %100 ignoring all of the greatness that the developer is acomplishing.

can't say i'll miss ya! i've already pre ordered 2 copies of the deluxe edition, playing sims3 and simcity 4 now just to calm my nerves...

gonna be so great!

Good for ya, the rest of us who have actual taste don't give a fuck about your fanboi rantings though.

And good luck playing with a minimal community on a forced multiplayer game. I'm sure you'll keep saying you won't miss us over and over again.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 18:56 ASeven

Win8 may become the costliest mistake MS ever made.  

12. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 11:06 ASeven

Also, another weird coincidence.

The beta for SC only lasts 1 hour. Anyone wanna take a guess at which previous EA title had an open beta lasting 1 hour as well?

SWTOR.

8. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 06:56 ASeven

Apparently they've now reduced even further the maximum size of a city. They say it's about the size of a medium city in Sc4.

This is going to be a bigger disappointment than D3 was.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2013, 13:15 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 13:13:
They'll both release "this is what we wish our games looked and played like" pre-rendered videos and once again consumers will be duped into thinking that they'll get that experience.

Even today they keep pulling this crap. Far Cry 3 E3 videos, BF3 videos up to the game's release, etc. And people still fall for it time and time again.

News Comments > Codemasters Faces Layoffs
4. Re: Codemasters Faces Layoffs Jan 18, 2013, 13:14 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 13:02:
Hopefully just layoffs and not more. Codemasters makes some pretty awesome racing games for PC. Am looking forward to GRID 2

Personally, I think this is the start of the demise of the mid-publishers and the beginning of a publisher crash. All the signs have been there for a long time and THQ is only the start. Blame it all on the business models of the publishers, they brought this on themselves.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2013, 13:12 ASeven

Verno wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 12:55:
ASeven wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 12:29:
MS and Sony are going to lose a load of money with the sales of the hardware with those specs if they are true. If they price the consoles low they will take a massive cost hit per console unlike anything seen till today, not even the PS3 and Xbox360 took such a massive margin. If they price the consoles higher the demand will drop too much.

I'm starting to see a lose-lose scenario.

That's assuming they sell below cost (likely $300ish), it's quite possible they won't. I doubt we'll see a $700 PS again but $400-500 consoles is possible. Assuming I get a console at all next gen, it'll be Sony all the way. Microsoft started out the console gen with a lot of interesting exclusives and providing a lot of value for Live but ended it on a really poor note with adspam, huge areas of Live neglected and few exclusives. Sony had a much rougher start but continued improving despite some noticeable stumbles and their exclusive library was really diverse and interesting, they funded a lot of cool first party titles especially.

True enough but with such specs which are rather beefy I do wonder if the costs will be that low at all. No doubt they had a nice deal with AMD but I wouldn't be surprised if the costs of this new console were at least 1.5x more expensive than this generation.

Also, I keep saying this, this new generation won't be the jump in graphical fidelity that the past generation jumps were, the changes won't be that drastic as the PS1 to PS2 changes were, or even PS2 to PS3. This is going to serve as a cooling effect for the demand, especially if the new consoles have some sort of anti-used game DRM as it was rumored. Knowing how hardware and publishers want more and more control though it wouldn't be a surprise if the new consoles had some sort of anti-used game DRM in place.

And if the WiiU sales are any indication on how the next generation of consoles is going to be received, well, it simply doesn't look good. The Wii was a good reflection on how this generation of consoles sold, in massive numbers, and now I wonder if the WiiU will also be a good reflection on how the sales of the next gen of consoles will be.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2013, 12:29 ASeven

MS and Sony are going to lose a load of money with the sales of the hardware with those specs if they are true. If they price the consoles low they will take a massive cost hit per console unlike anything seen till today, not even the PS3 and Xbox360 took such a massive margin. If they price the consoles higher the demand will drop too much.

I'm starting to see a lose-lose scenario.

News Comments > Codemasters Faces Layoffs
2. Re: Codemasters Faces Layoffs Jan 18, 2013, 12:25 ASeven

And so the crash starts to take shape.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
9. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 04:03 ASeven

Sold 600000, not bad for a niche game, not bad at all.  

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
1. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 17, 2013, 18:52 ASeven

Fuck that loser.  

News Comments > Democracy 3 Announced
2. Re: Democracy 3 Announced Jan 17, 2013, 12:13 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 10:20:
Fiscal Cliffski?

Drummer

News Comments > NPD 2012 Results
16. Re: NPD 2012 Results Jan 11, 2013, 22:36 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 13:32:
Valve is one company. Their revenue is... for one company.
If three companies competed equally in that space it would be billions / 3.

You get that, right?

I do, do you? Billions, even if divided by many competitors, is still billions, is still a market big enough to create a revenue of billions.

Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 13:32:
Also, integrated graphics are still way below what the PS3 and Xbox can do, and yes, the PC is unpopular. Does that mean it doesn't generate funds? Of course not. But you're so quick to say that the flaw of consoles is the platform and that by making PC games they'd solve it. This ignores that a huge chunk of games are ON the PC now, anyway. It ignores that the problem may be the content, not the platform. And it ignores that the public overwhelmingly wants something they don't need to tinker with, hence Steambox.

I still don't know where you got where I said the problem was the platform. The problem is the shit that publishers throw at us, that's the main problem.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2013, 22:43.

15. Re: NPD 2012 Results Jan 11, 2013, 22:34 ASeven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 15:54:
ASeven wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 13:21:
Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 12:27:
How would PC development would help?

Steam billions of dollars should be all the answer you need about this. PC games can and often do make the difference in publisher's fiscal quarters.

How do you figure this? At least when it comes to AAA titles (i.e. the big publisher driven ones), when PC sales are disclosed, they're always well below console sales. Obviously they're high enough for them to keep doing PC versions but a game that sells a million units between console and PC usually seems barely able to crack 150,000 on the PC platform. Is that trend changing as far as you're able to tell?

Given the very limited scope that NPD uses, I'm still very much in the "they're not useless but certainly not nearly as representative of industry health as they'd like to claim" camp.

Well, reading EA's fiscal papers, or Activision's, or Take-2s, you can see that the PC brings in as much and often more than the Xbox or the PS3. Of course it won't bring in more than the consoles since that's a slanted comparison, a single platform sales against multiple platforms. However when it comes to single platform sales the PC often is head to head with the best sales numbers of the console platforms.

7. Re: NPD 2012 Results Jan 11, 2013, 13:21 ASeven

How would PC development would help?

Steam billions of dollars should be all the answer you need about this. PC games can and often do make the difference in publisher's fiscal quarters.

Do you think the problem is the platform and not the content?

Where did I said that? However the fact is there's more mainstream stuff coming out for consoles and mainstream stuff on the PC is slowly getting eclipsed by indies and sales for mainstream games in all platforms is declining fast due to poor quality, terrible customer treatment from the publishers, increasing retail prices of games.

Do you think that PCs capable of running games as well as consoles outnumber consoles?

Yes. 7 years old hardware on consoles. If you asked this a couple years ago my answer would be no but now with integrated graphics becoming more power and PC technology evolving while console hardware remaining static I can safely say there's as many PCs capable of running console games as consoles. If they are being used to game, however, is a different matter.

Why do you think the PC would be a draw when even Valve seems to be trying to make the PC more console-like?

Again, Valve billions answers that question. The PC is a draw, period. It's not the same draw as a console but is a draw that attracts enough people that developing games in it can be very, very, very profitable.

Do you look at crashing PC sales, going down much faster than console sales, and think that's something other than an issue with the platform yet look at console declines and put the blame squarely on them?

PCs are open, built by dozens of manufacturers and come in all shapes and sizes and prices. Consoles come in 1 size, 1 price. Go throw a strawman somewhere else.

I'll never understand how so many people think PC gaming is what the masses want. It isn't. It's what we want, but we're people that wrote bat files to get things to work. We're a different breed. We're not normal.

Again, Valve billions. If PC was as unpopular as you wish it was Valve would be a very poor company by now. Fact is, there's more than enough PC gamers out there to make a difference in publisher's fiscal numbers, and they often do. Just because some people say PC gamers are a small or irrelevant group doesn't make it so no matter how many times they repeat that.

And yes, mainstream crash is coming and now even Gamasutra keep reporting that something bad is coming fast, all the signs are now as clear as ever. WiiU underselling below the lowest expectations? Yeah nice sign of a healthy industry, not. And publishers only have themselves to blame for what is coming, fast.

4048 Comments. 203 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo