Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3945 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack
3. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 12:59 ASeven

Less than 200 people playing on PC. Wonder if EA will do another MoH and crash and burn all over again.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM
4. Re: EA Can't Say It Wasn't Warned About SimCity DRM Dec 18, 2012, 11:43 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 11:32:
"It's not DRM! It adds to the game! You can, like, have your friends build a city tiny hamlet next door, and then their police will come over and fight your crime, because that's exactly how it works! See, we're doing this for realism!"

This is what you caused when you all bought Diablo 3. Enjoy. :)

Yeap, completely agree. And like D3 I have a feeling this game will become a massive disappointment and a very mediocre game.

News Comments > Project GODUS Prototype Footage
7. Re: Project GODUS Prototype Footage Dec 17, 2012, 23:05 ASeven

Not bad at all for a Populous remake. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised at this and I wasn't expecting to feel that way.  

News Comments > Frontier Layoffs
14. Re: Frontier Layoffs Dec 17, 2012, 16:59 ASeven

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 16:52:
Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 14:32:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 13:14:
Creston as someone who was recently let go in Nov. I'm glad I was let go before the holidays as I would have spent money that I thought I had coming in for the holidays. It's not a matter of blowing money, it's a matter of suddenly not having a steady source of income that was expected.

Alright, fair enough. I would call my (previous) boss a fucking asshole for firing me two weeks before Christmas.

Creston

Well, it's a shitty deal no doubt but better to know immediately. Beside I'd wager they'll be getting some form of severance package anyway. At least knowing in advance helps you plan accordingly.

True. It sucks either way but it's best to plan ahead and not spend money you won't have on the holidays rather than come from a festive holiday mood and be hit with the reality.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2012, 10:13 ASeven

Verno wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 10:11:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 10:09:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 09:57:
Made it 7 days on my first try of Don't Starve. Was walking along and some HUGE OWL looking thing just ran at me and pecked me 1x. Dead. WTF!?!?!? hahahahah
How do you guys play that game already Steam page says coming in March 2013?

Pre-Purchase Offer

Pre-Purchase Now and gain instant access to the Beta on Steam!

Honestly the game is kinda meh though, gets old fast.

They do add major features every two weeks though so until the release date this game will grow, hopefully you'll enjoy it at release date.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
22. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 17, 2012, 09:24 ASeven

Prez wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 00:03:
ASeven wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 20:54:
nin wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 20:19:
Prez wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 19:51:
Hellbinder wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 19:15:
in other news God loves everyone despite killing everyone in a flood and inventing eternal torment....

Ummm... okay. Confused

Yep.

I like waffles!

Waffles are nothing but cheap pancake knock-offs. Pancakes ftw!

Now you've done it! I'm calling reinforcements to defend the waffles!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2012, 20:55 ASeven

Don't Starve is quite an amazing little survival game. I recommend it to anyone who loves total freedom to do whatever the hell you want games.  

15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 16, 2012, 20:54 ASeven

nin wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 20:19:
Prez wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 19:51:
Hellbinder wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 19:15:
in other news God loves everyone despite killing everyone in a flood and inventing eternal torment....

Ummm... okay. Confused

Yep.

I like waffles!

4. Re: Dec 16, 2012, 14:29 ASeven

The only thing they are committed is to the almighty dollar.  

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2012, 21:04 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 13:46:
I'm not sure that I'd go as far as to say that Molyneueeheueenex (and others) are ruining Kickstarter. (I'd be far more inclined to point the finger at guys like the Code Hero developer who no longer posted updates until someone accused him of just taking the money and running, and he finally remembered that he has an obligation to his backers to keep them up to date on what's happening.)

First off, from the looks of it, GODUS won't even make funding, in which case Peter and his promises will just go away again, and maybe he can make another retarded "curiosity" thing or something.

Second, I'm not really sure that there is such a need for everyone to keep worrying over the integrity or purpose of Kickstarter. Whether you feel that a guy like him is justified in using it or not can be easily expressed by your decision to either fund or not to fund. There doesn't need to be a grand dialogue every single time an established developer tries to cut out the publishers and wants to get a game made through crowd sourcing.

After all, where do we draw that line? Peter can't use it, but Obsidian can? Double Fine can? Where is really the difference, other than that Peter can never keep his stupid yap shut and always promises shit that he knows full well he can never deliver? (this may also more aptly be called: Lying.)

I have no problem with Molyeneneeyeususuxuxx using Kickstarter to try to get a game made that no publisher will touch with a ten foot pole. And his campaign has been well though out, with frequent updates and lots of information, unlike several others I have (frequently) mentioned. I just have no confidence that the game will be anything like what he promises, and I have no confidence that 450K GBP can make a game anywhere NEAR like what he thinks. Ergo, Latin, I don't give him any money.

It really doesn't need to be more than that, and all this handwringing over "Oh, won't someone think of the sanctity of Kickstarter!" is really kind of getting stale.

Let's look at it this way: Every game made through Kickstarter is a game for which those fucking parasitic roaches at publishers get ZERO FUCKING DOLLARS. In my opinion, we need hundreds of thousands more games like those. It's our best chance to finally make the publishers either die out, or at least maybe make them realize that the SHIT they've turned the gaming industry into isn't worth sustaining anymore. (And I say this knowing full well that we've just had an incredible year of games behind us.)

Anyway, deep thought mode off.

Creston

Number1

News Comments > Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics
1. Re: Yerli on Crysis 3's Superior Graphics Dec 14, 2012, 19:59 ASeven

Didn't I hear this same crap back with Crysis2?  

News Comments > SimCity Trailer
14. Re: SimCity Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 07:47 ASeven

One more series ruined by EA and it had to be SimCity. Damn, this game manages to look worse and worse with each reveal. SC4 with mods is still, and more than likely will be, the best SC experience and it's a crying shame that there will be no more SC games to come close to the brilliance of the best games of the series. This new SC sure isn't it.

I just hope that one day someone can make a city-building game that rivals the best SC games since Maxis sure won't do that anymore.

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Grows
2. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Grows Dec 6, 2012, 21:07 ASeven

nin wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 21:03:
Insane amount of value there!

Hope it keeps THQ afloat.

The amount of revenue generated from the humble is already more than half their market cap value, and that by itself is both amazing and distressing.

Personally, it'll buy them some time but they can't evade the unavoidable bankruptcy at this point.

News Comments > IGF Finalists on Steam
7. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 19:09 ASeven

Been following Gunpoint for a long time by now, one of my most wanted indie games.

Also, you guys should look into Spy Party. It is, along with Monaco, the indie game I want the most right now.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans "Scumbag"
15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 13:20 ASeven

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 13:13:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 13:00:
This game is free to play, right? So... hackers can just make a new account whenever they want... right?

I assume its tied to their steam account so they'd have to make a new steam account aswell? Which although not impossible sure would suck

PS2 is not Steam exclusive, you can download and play the game with its own launcher which is what I do.

I presume they could ban people by IP though, for the little good that does anyway.

News Comments > Mike Capps Caps Epic Career
8. Re: Mike Capps Caps Epic Career Dec 4, 2012, 22:39 ASeven

Makes you wonder what's really happening backstage at Epic, all these exits can't be just a mere coincidence.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2012, 17:35 ASeven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:50:
ASeven wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:10:
Dades wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 15:33:
The foot into the living room has cost them a lot and given them little in return.

Exactly, and now this is coming to bite them in the ass as people dump Windows8 for other platforms or simply stick with Win7. The traction MS wanted to gain over Apple will not happen and what will happen instead is that they realize far too late that Windows was and always will be their bread and butter and not consoles. Add to this the terrible direction that Win8 is moving towards and the sales numbers, the real ones, showing Win8 is doing far less sales than Vista did, and the nightmare scenario for MS is pretty much a given

Do you have a link to those "real" sales numbers? The only thing I can find about Windows 8 selling less than Vista is a ZDNet report using dubious sources to put it mildly. Not saying you're wrong. I have no dog in the Windows 8 fight as it were but as I understand, it's not selling horribly. PC sales are down, largely because the world economy is still in the dumps and people are realising they don't need new PCs every 2 years when all they do is surf the Internet.

Well, my numbers come from a lot of reports I subscribe and pay to from various financial firms who do market research and all that stuff. Right now Win8 sales are below Vista and well below Win7 and XP sales according to the reports. The licenses numbers is grossly overstated because most of those licenses doesn't translate into direct sales and revenue.

If these numbers hold up, Win8 will be the least sold Windows since WinME.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2012, 16:10 ASeven

Dades wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 15:33:
The foot into the living room has cost them a lot and given them little in return.

Exactly, and now this is coming to bite them in the ass as people dump Windows8 for other platforms or simply stick with Win7. The traction MS wanted to gain over Apple will not happen and what will happen instead is that they realize far too late that Windows was and always will be their bread and butter and not consoles. Add to this the terrible direction that Win8 is moving towards and the sales numbers, the real ones, showing Win8 is doing far less sales than Vista did, and the nightmare scenario for MS is pretty much a given.

In the end, however, they have nobody else to blame but themselves. Consoles would have never given them any significant revenue share compared to Windows or Office but I guess only in their and their apologists fantasy world would that ever be possible.

News Comments > Ravaged Free DLC Plans
3. Re: Ravaged Free DLC Plans Nov 30, 2012, 22:26 ASeven

Good grief, a handful of servers, all empty. Shame, this game had potential but they released it far too soon.  

News Comments > New Steam Greenlight Approvals
15. Re: New Steam Greenlight Approvals Nov 30, 2012, 22:24 ASeven

I remember playing Space Ace and Dragon's Lair on my Amiga. The animation quality of that game made it something quite special back in the day.  

3945 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo