Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3868 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
15. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 15:31 ASeven

Thank goodness all indications seem to show that Win8 is currently a sales disaster. The biggest share of clients of a new Windows, companies and corporations, don't want to touch it like PC gamers don't. There's simply no reason whatsoever to upgrade from Win7 or even WinXP, despite what MS fanbois might say.

If this turns out to be a huge financial disaster for MS, as the indications seem to show, I wonder how long Balmer will be able to survive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
31. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 16:35 ASeven

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 16:09:
Quit bitching.

Bitching, bitching, bitching, bitching

ooops, sorry.

28. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 15:33 ASeven

JM wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 15:03:
ASeven wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:38:
JM wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:05:
Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:48:
This is a world full of stupid and ignorant wretches

Yes, because everyone that likes something that you don't is automatically stupid and ignorant. What a bunch of whiny drama queens.

Oh look, someone used the tired old bitching trope to rationalize his bad taste in games!

This to point that opinions are subjective, both yours and everyone's else and that you are as much as a drama queen as those you accuse of being when you come with that type of responses.

Interesting. The labeling of people with different tastes as "stupid ignorant wretches" elicits no response from you, but my pointing out that that kind of hyperbole is overly dramatic compels you to jump into the fray.

Because you are the one bitching about bitching, and that's always fun to point out, when people use the bitching trope to justify their own bitching.

...rationalize his bad taste in games!

Show me where I stated I liked (or disliked) the game.

It was (badly made) irony. I hate what the sales of the same copypasted mechanics do to the industry and hence the future of gaming. You like CoD? Fine. I don't but if you do, that's up to you.

24. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 14:38 ASeven

JM wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:05:
Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:48:
This is a world full of stupid and ignorant wretches

Yes, because everyone that likes something that you don't is automatically stupid and ignorant. What a bunch of whiny drama queens.

Oh look, someone used the tired old bitching trope to rationalize his bad taste in games!

This to point that opinions are subjective, both yours and everyone's else and that you are as much as a drama queen as those you accuse of being when you come with that type of responses.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P
33. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 14:34 ASeven

nin wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:36:
Thank god no one got a tattoo!

Someone must be looking at laser clinics right now...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2012, 11:14 ASeven

Damn, JFK sure sounds like a hotspot for the mob.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 11:10 ASeven

Today is NOT a good day to be a biodrone. What is the phrase that applies to the biodrones in this instance? What was it?....

Fucking told you so!

8. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 11:08 ASeven

Depressing.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 11:12 ASeven

A shame about the situation. The NS2 team is the real innocent party here and it's the only one that ends up suffering because of other's people retardness.  

News Comments > Next Call of Duty Tidbits?
4. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 14, 2012, 20:10 ASeven

CoD10.

10 fucking games with the same fucking mechanics and people will still buy it and call it GOTY.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
82. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 20:09 ASeven

born2expire wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 18:27:
Blah Blah Blah, COD's are all the same, and bring nothing new to the table, whah!!

You know what, so far (the short 2hrs I've spent with the MP so far) BO2 has been fantastic (we'll see in a few days when everyone has the drones and killstreak shit) BUT what other MULTIPLAYER game actually did it well this year? Yeah that's right, NOTHING!

Defending CoD9. Easily amused indeed.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2012, 10:50 ASeven

One more nail in the Win8 coffin.

Win8 has the potential of dethroning WinME has the worst Windows ever made.

News Comments > Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes
4. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 12:56 ASeven

Have they fixed the douchebag attitude of pcdev yet?  

News Comments > THQ in Default on Credit Line
28. Re: THQ in Default on Credit Line Nov 12, 2012, 10:21 ASeven

Also, THQ's stocks crashing 11% right now.  

27. Re: THQ in Default on Credit Line Nov 12, 2012, 10:20 ASeven

Verno wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 09:43:
I don't think they're going to make it to March 2013 at this rate SR4, COH2, Metro LL, so many good games down the drain. Shame that they were mismanaged for so long.

If a private equity firm grabs them we might see those games launched at least.

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
4. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 10:20 ASeven

This won't make people buy your OS, MS. Go support PC gaming somewhere else.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2012, 23:23 ASeven

Absolution has leaked on consoles.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 11, 2012, 21:53 ASeven

I've been receiving some reports that Win8 is doing abysmal in sales. MS is going to get hurt with this one, more than it did with Vista. Hell, if my sources are correct we're talking of a WindowsME type of abysmal.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2012, 21:52 ASeven

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 20:56:
jimnms wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 20:35:
spindoctor wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 19:29:
If you're considering buying Towns, I'd recommend having a look at the Steam discussion forum for the game before deciding. There seem to be a lot of threads saying that the game is unfinished and still basically a beta.

Actually it's still in Alpha, but I don't see any indication of that on the Steam store page. I have this from a bundle, and it's been a while since I played it. The last time I played I couldn't stop the people from running off to attack things when they didn't have weapons. I would end up losing my entire population because they would see a monster when out gathering stuff go attack it and die. You can designate people as soldiers and equip them with weapons and armor.

Is it fun? I'd not heard of it until it showed up on steam, but was hesitant to buy it.

Thanks!

It is fun but I prefer Gnomoria to be honest. It's still in alpha and a lot of features are still going to be added from what I heard but you would do well to get it at a discount or on an indie bundle. If you have to get it now, get Gnomoria instead.

I also don't understand why Steam didn't mark this one as an ongoing alpha or like Don't Starve, it's not released but if you buy it you get access to the alpha/beta. Steam did bad in not marking this as an alpha game.

5. Re: THQ in Defaults on Credit Line Nov 11, 2012, 15:23 ASeven

killer_roach wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 15:12:
NewMaxx wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 14:47:
Companies default all the time. Sometimes it's news, sometimes it's not, but of course they have to report it to the stock exchange. I don't think this was an unexpected event in any regard. There will be a restructuring/renegotiation of debt, and the commission of future milestones, at which point there might be another renegotiation, and so on.

The modern world of finance has its roots a thousand years back (feudal kings did this all the time), but to spare the public a history lesson, essentially imagine THQ as a nation-state who borrows money from a rich trade state so that it can field an army with the intent to expand its domain. It fails to meet this goal and is thus unable to pay as anticipated, but still is able to pay something and still seeks to eventually achieve its goals and avoid the alternative of bankruptcy.

Except THQ is hemorrhaging cash - they're losing money greater than their market cap on a quarterly basis, with no real pathway back to profitability. With a default comes likely downgrades to their credit rating as creditors worry about their ability to satisfy current debt obligations (if their debt instruments aren't C-rated already, they likely will be now), which likely will constitute increased costs to their debt service, further hastening their debt spiral.

Your argument only holds water in the situation where THQ had a clearly outlined path back to profitability, which they don't. This default isn't a temporary setback - it's a symptom of further underlying issues. Without even a current accounts surplus on the horizon (much less an overall profit), it's only a matter of time before the sharks start to circle (if they haven't already).

This pretty much. At the rate events are happening I'm even starting to question if THQ won't publicly declare bankruptcy before the end of the year.

3868 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo