Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3866 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter
15. Re: Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter Nov 21, 2012, 17:20 ASeven

Well, I'm going to wait for more updates but I believe I'll end up funding this one, if only because I kept insisting on him doing a remake of Populous and this is it. If Moulyneux can get some of his sanity back, like back in the day, and apply it to this project then we may have the potential of him doing one of the best games of our generation.

I'll wait a bit to see what updates he does though, to see his crazy level. If it's way too high I won't, otherwise I have to keep my word.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
10. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 17:17 ASeven

There's a lot of indie games at a great price, like Cargo Commander.  

News Comments > THQ Default Follow-up
4. Re: THQ Default Follow-up Nov 20, 2012, 22:49 ASeven

They are simply trying to delay what now is inevitable, and with the CFO leaving that is pretty much the confirmation they are on the verge of declaring bankruptcy.

Also I think people should expect a THQ humble bundle of some sort.

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
5. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 21:50 ASeven

Dades wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:28:
They control what maps your server plays now? And people pay for this?

What servers? No dedis after all.

News Comments > Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars
56. Re: Star Citizen Kickstarter Reaches for the Stars Nov 19, 2012, 18:55 ASeven

$6M... Publishers have to be worried at this point since $6M is enough to produce a AAA game, without marketing.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
23. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 11:29 ASeven

Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:26:
I actually did read the Eurogamer review. Personally, while I found it more positive I didn't necessarily find it more fair. Of course, I'm not really one to be passing judgment on NS2 since I've only played it for around 10 hours and have had only marginal fun with it in that time.

That is part of the problem, the nature of the game itself. This isn't a game you can unlock its potential in a few hours, it requires a lot of investment to unlock all its potential. That may make it a lot harder to review or enjoy it.

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
15. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:22 ASeven

If what I hear is true, the game will be released for PC in or around November. Let's hope that is true, remember GTA IV that took a hell of a long time to come out after it came out for consoles.

Still, with the PC market booming, the only ones who will lose with this are Rockstar themselves as they lose a potential source of substantial revenue, and they sure are needing it.

21. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 11:19 ASeven

Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:11:
ASeven wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:08:
Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:06:
This is the guy that said "Part of the reason it's difficult is that the game is well balanced" in the NS2 review,

People keep bringing that up, but I don't see what is so bad about it. Taken in context he makes a fair point.

The problem is that that's the context, he really is complaining that a well-balanced game makes the game difficult. If you read the rest of the quote he does not justify that phrase at all nor gives a reason to why he said it, therefore I have to assume he really meant what he said and honestly, saying what he said is about the most retarded thing I've ever read in a review.

It sounds like you are assuming that he's presenting the idea that being difficult makes a game bad. I didn't get that at all. In fact, among PC gamers who often complain about excessive hand-holding and general lack of challenge, I would think that would be taken as a positive.

I got that idea from his words and I don't believe just because a game is difficult to learn has to be a bad game, to me he seemed to paint that as a huge negative and it simply isn't. Read the Eurogamer review on today's update and compare both reviews. The Eurogamer review is far more fair than this one.

19. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 11:08 ASeven

Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:06:
This is the guy that said "Part of the reason it's difficult is that the game is well balanced" in the NS2 review,

People keep bringing that up, but I don't see what is so bad about it. Taken in context he makes a fair point.

The problem is that that's the context, he really is complaining that a well-balanced game makes the game difficult. If you read the rest of the quote he does not justify that phrase at all nor gives a reason to why he said it, therefore I have to assume he really meant what he said and honestly, saying what he said is about the most retarded thing I've ever read in a review.

18. Re: Game Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 11:06 ASeven

Truth be told, I wish free weekends were more of a marketing tool rather than a bonus for when games get discounted. Indies games that come out, if they had a free weekend in the first weeks with a minor discount, could probably have stronger sales in the succeeding weeks if they didn't have the free weekend. Just find it a bit disappointing that free weekends are now intrinsically associated with deep discounts of the game in question as well when they could be used to further promote the game right in the early release weeks.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 11:03 ASeven

The reason I stopped buying and caring about CoD is simply because they don't give a fuck about PC features like dedicated servers and modtools and I believe each sale of CoD only reinforces publishers to ditch more and more PC features. This is why I haven't bought a CoD title since CoD5:WaW.

Had BO2 had dedicated server files (not like BO1 which was rent-a-server without any control) and real modtools (not the shit they called modtools in BO1) and if it was $40 I would have bought it. As it is, I refuse to support games that fuck up PC gaming and all the others should be ashamed of supporting such games. Don't come whining when more and more mainstream games ditch away more and more PC features.

And that's the reason I don't buy CoD anymore and hate it. Not because the game is fun or not but because it takes a hot steaming dump on PC gaming features since MW2 and I can't honestly support publishers and games that do that.

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 15:32 ASeven

That is one of the most insincere, passive-aggressive apologies I've ever seen. I'm willing to bet he is "apologizing" because his reputation is nil right now and he's desperately trying to still have a job in gaming journalism after his latest fuckup.

This is the guy that said "Part of the reason it's difficult is that the game is well balanced" in the NS2 review, or this little gem in the Yakuza 3 review:

"And if you're all butt-hurt about not having the same stuff as the kids across the Pacific, I hear you, but please believe me when I say that if you allow that butt-hurtedness to prevent you from buying and playing this game, you fail at life and will never have sex. Yeah, I said it. Because it's true. Don't say I didn't warn you."

This fucker is as clueless as they come.

Found his Natural Selection 2 review for anyone who hasn't read it yet:

http://pastebin.com/77esakn7

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
134. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 10:18 ASeven

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:23:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:15:
ASeven wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 07:53:
I suppose there were apologists, fanbois and shills who defended WinME so seeing them do the same on Win8 is hardly surprising.

1/10 ... your mention of WinME gains you that one point.

Oh, and if you were being serious then you're incredibly obtuse.

Someone asking if that was serious or not, obviously is one of the guys he mentioned... lol

LOL! Oh Beaver... you're the wittiest!

How do they say it?...

Butthurt a lot, are you not?

121. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 07:53 ASeven

I suppose there were apologists, fanbois and shills who defended WinME so seeing them do the same on Win8 is hardly surprising.  

70. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 22:40 ASeven

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 22:12:
How do these people find us?

Guess we're special. In a good, crazy way.

68. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 22:39 ASeven

FloodAnxiety wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 21:17:

New user registering today just to post this. Yeah, not suspicious at all.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 15:39 ASeven

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 15:28:
Ah... freedom.. we miss you so. Was good knowing you.

Not unless you do something about it.

16. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 15:35 ASeven

Dades wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 14:43:
There is no financial incentive for microsoft to keep supporting them in the long term.

There is, if Win8 sales are piss poor. MS won't be able to ignore the fact that their cashcow, Windows, is doing poorly. They certainly won't be able to survive on their console business alone, that's for sure.

Then again, this is what they get for neglecting the PC market to the point they become deluded enough to launch Win8 and its slippery slope.

15. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 15:31 ASeven

Thank goodness all indications seem to show that Win8 is currently a sales disaster. The biggest share of clients of a new Windows, companies and corporations, don't want to touch it like PC gamers don't. There's simply no reason whatsoever to upgrade from Win7 or even WinXP, despite what MS fanbois might say.

If this turns out to be a huge financial disaster for MS, as the indications seem to show, I wonder how long Balmer will be able to survive.

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
31. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 16:35 ASeven

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 16:09:
Quit bitching.

Bitching, bitching, bitching, bitching

ooops, sorry.

3866 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo