Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4166 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed
83. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 18:41 ASeven

Techdirt posts the news of what was said here before: Anyone can destroy anyone's cities in SimCity.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Riccitiello Leaving EA
38. Re: John Riccitiello Leaving EA Mar 18, 2013, 18:30 ASeven

In completely unrelated news, Bioshock Inifinte just leaked for the PS3 and Xbox360.  

81. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 18:28 ASeven

Quboid wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 18:24:
That's a valid opinion ASeven, and one I generally agree with despite being a sucker who did buy this game. It's also my opinion that pistachio nuts taste nicer than cashews - and that's got about to do with it. Who is loudly defending SimCity in this thread?

The usual suspects. Texas Jake, Slick, etc.

News Comments > John Riccitiello Leaving EA
34. Re: John Riccitiello Leaving EA Mar 18, 2013, 18:11 ASeven

Called this a long time ago. The falling stock prices finally took their toll.

Unfortunately I have no hope that the next guy to take his seat will change the policy of fucking the customers left and right and center.

75. removed Mar 18, 2013, 17:57 ASeven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 18, 2013, 18:45.

71. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 17:51 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 17:50:
Did EA ever truly promise refunds?

I don't think I ever heard the bottom of that story. While free recent games are cool, they definitely don't come close to making up for promising refunds then rescinding. Not even a bandaid.

In the EU refunds are obligatory, digital good or not. It's not a question of promising refunds, it's a question of following the damn law.

67. removed Mar 18, 2013, 17:49 ASeven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 18, 2013, 18:47.

65. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 17:47 ASeven

Quboid wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 16:49:
That's very nice, but most of the comments are about the free gift game, not SimCity its self. Further more, people discussing SimCity are hardly defending the state of it and those who aren't 100% negative on the game aren't wrong because you found a neat little quote on RPS.

No one is loudly and proudly defending SimCity and certainly no one considers it controversial to call out anyone who did.

Try forming your own views, based on what you read and how you feel and applying that to the situation. Copying someone else's view is fine if you agree with it but then applying it to largely irrelevant situations doesn't look clever.

Uuhh... That IS my opinion, what I've always said here, that gamers are stupid and spineless for wavering away consumer rights that will come to bite us all in the ass and everyone who bought this just made things a little worse for everyone. RPS just puts it a bit more diplomatically then I would.

Also, nobody is loudly defending this? Just look at this thread and you'll find people who are.

As for giving a free game... I don't give a fuck, too little too late. All of this, all, could have been solved by one single decision, make this game offline. Giving away a free game after people spent $60 or more and are unable to play is the least they could do and the game no longer has the same value as SimCity anyway.

What they could have done was refunds, but they were banning people who asked for what was rightfully theirs, their fucking money. A free game is just a tiny compensation that doesn't erase the bad taste in everyone's mouths.

So yes, I will be using that quote a lot because it reflects everything I've been saying here for years, because it shows gamers are spineless and should grow a spine and because it pisses off the spineless, and they need to be pissed off until they either grow a spine or go fuck another market with their idiotic consumer practices than gaming.

44. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 16:24 ASeven

Kosumo wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 15:49:
So just to make it clear, you don't understand the saying of "Don't look a gift horse in it's mouth" then? hint, - It's got nothing to do with defending anyone. But don't let that stop you form calling people shills and fanboys.

By the way, if someone who has played the game, enjoyed what they played (people enjoy diffent thing you know) that does not make them a shill, a fanboy or a liar.

"To see anyone defending EA and Maxis for the state of SimCity, even were it in perfect working order on launch, depresses me to my core. This self-flagellation-as-skincare notion, where gamers loudly and proudly defend the destruction of their own rights as consumers, is an Orwellian perversity. That it might be considered in any way controversial to call them out on their crap, to point out that no, always-on DRM is not an advantage to anyone, is bewildering. Itís a sign of just how far the gaming world has fallen into the rabbit hole of the publisherís burrowing."

It's the only reply to anyone defending this game.

33. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 15:47 ASeven

Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 15:45:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 15:41:
Fuck you, I love hotcakes. Anyone outside of the culinary industry calls them pancakes now, but still.

Me too but they're always disappearing off menus around here

You all should bow to the mighty awesomeness of the waffle!

Hmmmmm waffles....

27. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 15:20 ASeven

I still haven't been able to stop laughing at the irony of getting SC4 Deluxe for free with this.

edaciousx wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 14:23:
holy crap guys you are all a bunch of ragers. Ever heard of the old saying "Don't look a gift horse in it's mouth?" I mean really, would you just prefer it if EA gave you guys NOTHING at all?

So what if they don't include DLC, like you need it. You guys just cry too damn much.

Let me guess, EA will now pay you a lot for you defending their darling corporation on this board.

Oh wait, no it won't, EA doesn't give a fuck about you, you're just raging because you're a mindless fanboy for whom EA can do no wrong.

Let me leave you the words of RPS because they represent you and TrollingThundr and all your ilk:

"To see anyone defending EA and Maxis for the state of SimCity, even were it in perfect working order on launch, depresses me to my core. This self-flagellation-as-skincare notion, where gamers loudly and proudly defend the destruction of their own rights as consumers, is an Orwellian perversity. That it might be considered in any way controversial to call them out on their crap, to point out that no, always-on DRM is not an advantage to anyone, is bewildering. Itís a sign of just how far the gaming world has fallen into the rabbit hole of the publisherís burrowing."

25. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 15:12 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 14:53:
Specifically, I expect some careers to have been ruined over the past 2 weeks.

And deservedly so.

News Comments > SimCity 20 Minute Online Timeout Hard-Coded?
19. Re: SimCity 20 Minute Online Timeout Hard-Coded? Mar 18, 2013, 13:05 ASeven

The supreme irony of getting SimCity4 Deluxe Edition for free due to the debacle isn't lost on me.  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition?
7. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 16:49 ASeven

I would buy this. This last MK was pure awesome.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2013, 14:20 ASeven

Glad to see A3 as #1, it deserves the top spot, a hell of a game and it's only alpha yet.

Don't know about Bioshock Infinite, I hope it's a great game but I'll be waiting for reviews before I open my wallet.

News Comments > On SimCity Offline Regional Play
19. Re: On SimCity Offline Regional Play Mar 17, 2013, 07:58 ASeven

http://i.imgur.com/GzAWOlh.jpg  

10. Re: On SimCity Offline Regional Play Mar 16, 2013, 19:41 ASeven

The sad thing is, when Spore was released gamers served EA with at least 3 classaction lawsuits and they all won against EA because of the DRM within Spore. Why can't gamers do the same now, where the case is even more clearcut than Spore? EA would have his ass handed by the courts.  

2. Re: On SimCity Offline Regional Play Mar 16, 2013, 18:01 ASeven

The story that keeps on giving.

Pass the popcorn, please.

News Comments > Maxis on SimCity: "In many ways, we built an MMO"
27. Re: Maxis on SimCity: Mar 16, 2013, 08:31 ASeven

I swear I haven't seen this amount of obvious spin in a long, long time. Not even in the oil industry have I seen this sort of spin.

Anyway, have a very fair review:

http://youtu.be/GV_94TQUvBA

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 20:09 ASeven

And the hype train begins. Buy BF4 and get less features for more money! PC is the leading platform, honest, until the day it isn't!  

4166 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo