Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4140 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Hacked to Play Offline?
63. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 12:25 ASeven

Let's not forget Darkspore, which was also a Maxis game with the same kind of DRM as well.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 11:57 ASeven

InBlack wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:40:
http://www.gamestm.co.uk/reviews/simcity-review/

Thereís no doubt about it; Maxisís latest SimCity is the most considered, most in-depth and most appealing SimCity game to date.

The first sentence of that review, yesterdays date on it. 8/10 final score...

Still better than that 100% Eurogamer Sweden review.

Holy shit, knowing what we know now, that the engine itself is broken to hell, you really start wondering if those idiots who reviewed the game weren't paid by EA, I mean it's the only logic reason I can think of for giving this a 100%. I don't want to think there are human beings so fucking stupid to the point of reviewing this for a 100% so I'll just settle with a bribe otherwise I'll be depressed as fuck.

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
38. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 14, 2013, 11:52 ASeven

Say it ain't so!!11!!

http://youtu.be/IECDGp_lHTU?t=8s

19. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 10:01 ASeven

Yakubs wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 09:59:
When everyone is blasting EA for lying, let's not let Maxis off the hook here. They deserve just as much indignation for this mess of a game release and it pains me to see them potentially getting away from this without much damage to their reputation.

At this point I make no dinstinction between EA and Maxis. They're both the same crap.

11. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 09:48 ASeven

Nobody, absolutely nobody, can defend EA on this. Anyone who does is either a fucking retarded idiot or a shill. We've reached a point where everything that EA has told us about this game was a blatant lie and EA is now without any defense of any kind. They lied, they fucked up the launch, they did everything they shouldn't have done.

And the only persons they can blame are themselves. This is EA at its best, a company not worth of a single cent from any gamer.

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
30. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 14, 2013, 08:42 ASeven

Aaaaand it can be run totally offline.  

News Comments > Underrail Trailer; Alpha Released
7. Re: Underrail Trailer; Alpha Released Mar 13, 2013, 18:19 ASeven

Can attest that this is a hell of a game. Very recommended if you enjoy these kind of games.  

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
76. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 16:43 ASeven

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 15:41:

Another day, another TrollingThunder useless post whining about people treating his darling EA fairly.

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Ships; DLC Announced
9. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Ships; DLC Announced Mar 13, 2013, 12:32 ASeven

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 12:17:
ASeven wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 12:09:
People are saying the campaign can be finished under 3 hours.
Bullshit. I've been playing for 5 hours so far and I'm a Sniper Vet & still going... it should be 8-10 hours?

I stand corrected then.

63. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 12:31 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 12:26:
ASeven wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 12:07:
Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 11:48:
Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 09:14:
EA has gone above and beyond in this latest round, they have earned every iota of condemnation from the mainstream press, people on forums and their own customers. Any suggestion otherwise is an obvious attempt to troll or shill at this point, it went well beyond that like 4 stories ago with the refund crap. EA gets treated different because they act different, bottom line is that someone just wants an attention fix and it's time for us to stop giving it to him.

I wonder why the asstard keeps quoting me, even though I've already told him half a dozen times he's on ignore. Maybe it makes him feel better to helplessly flail his little fists against an uncaring wall?

Even if you have him on the killfile it's pretty easy to guess what he writes. It's always him whining about people here rightfully hating on EA, always. And it's sad that even with a killfile you know what he wrote.

Broken record taken to the extreme.

Even if you think people are unfair to EA, this is a fairly epic meltdown/backfire.

That keeps getting worse for EA with each day. There's really no way to defend EA on this and as Verno said one has to be either a troll or a shill to even think of defending EA at this point.

It's a clusterfuck the likes we might not see repeated this year and EA only has themselves to blame.

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Ships; DLC Announced
6. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Ships; DLC Announced Mar 13, 2013, 12:09 ASeven

People are saying the campaign can be finished under 3 hours.  

60. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 12:07 ASeven

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 11:48:
Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 09:14:
EA has gone above and beyond in this latest round, they have earned every iota of condemnation from the mainstream press, people on forums and their own customers. Any suggestion otherwise is an obvious attempt to troll or shill at this point, it went well beyond that like 4 stories ago with the refund crap. EA gets treated different because they act different, bottom line is that someone just wants an attention fix and it's time for us to stop giving it to him.

I wonder why the asstard keeps quoting me, even though I've already told him half a dozen times he's on ignore. Maybe it makes him feel better to helplessly flail his little fists against an uncaring wall?

Even if you have him on the killfile it's pretty easy to guess what he writes. It's always him whining about people here rightfully hating on EA, always. And it's sad that even with a killfile you know what he wrote.

Broken record taken to the extreme.

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2013, 19:38 ASeven

This story gets better and better as EA lies get exposed one by one.

While we're this early in the year I doubt that we'll see a worse release than SimCity the rest of the year. This one is truly something for the business books on how not to release a product and market it.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
89. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 19:31 ASeven

RPS really nails this.

"What EA and Maxis have done with SimCity is attempt a year-long PR assault to suggest that the online-only nature of SimCity is designed to offer enhancements for gamers. This is simply not true. Itís utter rubbish. Itís a backward step for a format that seemed to be managing for years to offer single player and multiplayer options for games without the universe cracking in two. The idea that multiplayer-only is an enhancement is such an obvious piece of newspeak, such a ridiculous untruth, that we can only loudly and furiously react against it if weíre to not see it incredulously accepted as fact. I do worry itís maybe already too late."

"To see anyone defending EA and Maxis for the state of SimCity, even were it in perfect working order on launch, depresses me to my core. This self-flagellation-as-skincare notion, where gamers loudly and proudly defend the destruction of their own rights as consumers, is an Orwellian perversity."

This last paragraph reminds me too much of some people here.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
75. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:59 ASeven

Taiwan's news reporting on this:

http://youtu.be/2uFEYIVKOwA

70. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:13 ASeven

CitiesXL is horribly broken, both in game design and technically. It's a bad city simulator all around.

City Life is pretty much SimCity Societies under another name.

46. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 13:34 ASeven

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 13:29:
This is one of those cases where I hope a crack team can come up with a method to allow offline play.

It would be quite interesting and would be the icing on this train wreck.

From the reviews of the game proper, SimCity appears to be a more streamlined game but with much less content compared to its predecessors. The simulation also pretty much breaks down when the city starts to fill its borders. Another point in common with many reviews is that the game, due to the limit size, gets boring too fast.

43. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 13:28 ASeven

EA's handling of SimCity in one handy pic:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZEFfs4q

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
65. Re: EA Will Mar 11, 2013, 13:21 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 12:26:
Quboid wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 12:19:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:10:
Quboid wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:58:
Yes, it was pretty dumb of me. I preordered before the DRM was made public I was aware of the DRM.

It's been known nearly since the announcement and certainly before pre-orders were available.

Possibly. I was aware that it had online features, which I took to mean you can put a screenshot of your city on Facebook or something like that. I didn't realise it was always-on until months after the pre-order. Perhaps I missed something.

A little less than a month after it was announced:
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/131125/new-simcity-only-playable-online

edit: Wait! You're the third damn post in that thread:
"Awwwwww what the fuck EA. Has it come to this? I was just defending you pricks. If this is true, I sincerely hope this utterly bombs and proves me wrong."

I wish you woulda kept that opinion.

Take comfort that at least here on Blue a lot of us do stick to our word and don't buy the next crack drug game that has consumer-adverse features.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2013, 13:19 ASeven

When I read any of Pachter's analysis, I feel ashamed that guy has my profession. PC gaming is probably making a comeback this year? Holy fuck Pachter, next you will predict that water is most of the time wet!

Still, a silver lining from this, publisher's CEOs listen to this guy and if he says PC gaming is coming back this year then maybe we'll see publishers treating us better.

On second thoughts, the farther away publishers are from the PC the better.

4140 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo