Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3966 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > DayZ Mod on Steam
10. Re: DayZ Mod on Steam Feb 21, 2013, 14:30 ASeven

Amazingly enough the release of this mod on Steam just made ArmaII:CO shoot to the #3 place on the top sellers list.

And there's idiots who say mods don't sell games.

Also, ArmA3 announced as a Steam exclusive by Bohemiah.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
77. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2013, 14:26 ASeven

Apparently, development costs of AAA games are going to rise even more.

If they do indeed rise even more then it all fits to what I said would happen right before publishers start crashing hard. The gaming industry cannot and will not be able to sustain bigger development costs.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
16. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 14:00 ASeven

Nice, can't wait to play it, loved the first one. Love this style of old-school dungeon crawlers. Hope the singleplayer is longer this time though.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
66. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2013, 08:31 ASeven

Makes me wonder on the price. I can't see this being sold at a price of around $400 without Sony selling each unit at a loss.  

News Comments > Murdered: Soul Suspect Next Year
10. Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect Next Year Feb 20, 2013, 17:38 ASeven

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 13:31:
It contains an O and there is an O in my name, clearly I am the lead development platform

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Shown
42. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 17:13 ASeven

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:56:
Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:54:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:51:
Eh it's not like he's wrong, you really don't see the majority constant stream of negative on say RPS that you do here.

Oh boy this again, it really adds to the discussion and we totally need to rehash it every day Alien

What discussion? It's a thread full of mostly hating for the sake of hating. A spade is still a spade.

http://i.imgur.com/IBPjGSG.jpg

40. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 17:11 ASeven

Quboid wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 14:03:
Slick wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 11:22:
hate on blues posters, hate on, i'd expect nothing less.

Your bad grammar is quite ironic. Assuming you meant "hate on, Blues posters", you actually summed up all you seem to do here - hate on Bluesnews posters. I've been critical of people here in the past but that's all you seem to do.

Indeed. Amazed he's still around considering he's a one-trick pony always doing exactly what you described well.

News Comments > Murdered: Soul Suspect Next Year
3. Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect Next Year Feb 20, 2013, 12:44 ASeven

Small detail of the trailer. The PC symbol is the first one in the symbol's order at the end of the trailer.  

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 12:30 ASeven

Wonder how much lies DICE will throw into the hype train this time.

"Oh PC is the main development platform for BF3!" "Oh wait, no it isn't anymore."

"We'll deal with cheaters!"

"We'll have esport features for BF3!"

News Comments > Counter-Strike Map Legal Threat
13. Re: Counter-Strike Map Legal Threat Feb 19, 2013, 14:35 ASeven

As Techdirt correctly puts it, we are living in the "ownership" society, where corporations and idiots will do everything they can to abuse the copyright, trademark and patent systems to benefit them. It doesn't help that those 3 systems are all broken as hell.  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 19, 2013, 12:13 ASeven

That Ars article is amongst the worst pieces of crap I've ever read and the RPS article is smart in using the same baseless speculation of the Ars article and turn it against itself.

It's scary to see the amount of dumb, the amount of idiots in this industry. And it's more scary to see how many people defend those same idiots.

Only in the gaming industry.

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
22. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 15:30 ASeven

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 13:39:
3,474 - FTL: Faster Than Light (how awesome is THAT! )

Because it's an, wait for it, AWESOME game! FTL is my GOTY of 2012 with Legend of Grimrock a close second.

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
4. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 18:23 ASeven

Frijoles wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 18:20:
Saw this on RPS:

"We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game – almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to."

Riiiiighht....

Yeah was going to post this. Sigh, more retarded assfuckery from mainstream devs. Good grief. It's ok to release this only on consoles, it's not ok to slag of PC gamers in the process.

News Comments > More Valve Layoffs
50. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 15, 2013, 12:19 ASeven

Verno wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 09:17:
Just put each other on ignore already, sheesh. I realized nothing productive would ever come out of discussions with Beamer so I put him on ignore a year ago and life is probably much happier for both of us and the rest of the forum. At this point it's more personal than topical so it's just pointless noise.

I personally never put anyone on the killfile because I believe in hearing every opinion, no matter how idiotic it might be. Then again, it's a personal thing I do and the advantages of using killfiles are becoming more and more attracting to me.

48. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 15, 2013, 08:25 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 07:39:
You're as dumb as RollinThundr.

You: They're crashing
Me: They're not crashing
You: Oh yeah, it's the golden years!
Me: I never said they're the golden years.

There is middle ground between "crashing" and "golden years." You realize that, right?

Also, you ass, I'm pretty sure that no matter what people here think of me, they'd admit I tend to be pretty good with business management abd basic finances. You, on the other hand, have never once proven this. You've never joined in with the basic economics when we discuss a business plan here. You never join into any true business speculation. All you ever do is say "OMG, they're going to go out of business."

You've claimed to be an analyst, but there's zero chance that's true. Zero. Again, you don't join into any of the business plan discussion.

Lastly, Josh? You mean... Jason? And again, YOU CAN'T JUST TRANSFER PEOPLE TO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS! Some people are hardware people. Some people are Android people. When you cease doing hardware or Android work, typically they don't want to switch. Fuck, men, just fuck. You're like RollinThundr. Especially because switching them means taking them to an area they do not have as much ability to contribute, but paying them as if they did.

This is the real world. You can't just take someone expensive and move them to an area that they can't carry their weight. And, typically, when someone is at the top of their area, as people need to be to get into Valve, they aren't happy moving somewhere else and being at the bottom.

These people have Valve on their resume. They will be able to find excellent jobs quickly.

Man, it's crazy that you tell me I have no business sense. That's like Tara Reid telling me I have no sense of modesty.

For someone who chastised me in the last reply about "Go back to school and understand being made fun of" you sure went full mental with me making fun and being cynical about a golden age. Then you keep on blabbering about me being an analyst or not, which whether you like it or not I am, and go on being mental about you having business sense.

Ah well, what can I say? The above is enough to show that not only you really have no idea about what you talk about most of the time, I truly enjoy how you go all foaming in the mouth to desperately try and make me something I am not.

And if you actually knew what you were talking about you would know that most people working on Valve have a lot of skills and talents and are able to be transfered to other departments far more easily within Valve than in other companies. You only have to check a few resumes about them to see that what I say is true. They have the ability to work on other departments, if they weren't moved then that's a case of a management decision.

Ah well. BTW I'm a damn fine Financial Analyst who called THQ going down 3 years ago while you were foaming in the mouth about publishers and if you don't like it, well,

http://i.imgur.com/VDHCvq0.gif

43. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 14, 2013, 17:21 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 14:41:
Yes, I'm mocking you. You've been trumpeting the industry collapse for like 3 years.
So I'm mocking "very wrong." It's very early to say this is a sign of things being "very wrong." We know Valve is valued at over a billion dollars. If they actually accepted a buyout, especially at less than that, things would be "very wrong."

Go back to school and understand being made fun of. Well, my guess is that happened to you plenty at school, so you probably do understand.

But my point was that it's so ridiculously premature to sit here and say "clearly something is very wrong." It isn't clear at all. In fact, there's plenty of discussion in this very thread about how it may not imply things being even kind of wrong, let alone very wrong.

Tell me, though, what the hell am I apologizing for that you call me an apologist? Especially weird that you call me a corporate apologist and backing you is RollinThundr, who calls me a bleeding heart liberal. Those two are diametrically opposite, so you two should get some kind of conference and decide which I am.

Because you are a god damn publisher apologist. That you aren't aware of that is either sad or laughable, likely both.

As for the crash, I mean, sales have been rising for the past 3 years and no publishers have closed or their stocks crashed, am I right?!

Christ, you're as dumb as you're an apologist if you still can say that there won't be a crash, especially now. Just a few days ago Codemasters effectively ceased to exist as a publisher, becoming a dev house only. Nintendo, MS and Sony are in dire financial straits with MS losing money like hell due to their console department. Nintendo expects lower than expected WiiU sales as the demand for it is sinking fast. Demand for the next-gen consoles isn't as high as people expected it would be.

Yeah, this industry is headed for a golden age, for sure.

And as others pointed out, since you have no grasp of business management or basic finances, with the sort of workforce Valve employs being talented in multiple areas that they could be easily transfered to other departments and with Josh being fired, the same guy that also made Big Picture, Steam Mobile, came up with Daily Sales and a lot of promotions that brought Valve a lot of money, yeah, something is not quite right at Valve, a blind man can see it, but then again, you go beyond blind and become dumb of mind on purpose sometimes.

Get some common sense and some intelligence and then you'll probably be taken a bit more serious around here.

News Comments > Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games
1. Re: Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games Feb 14, 2013, 12:05 ASeven

Well, this was unexpected.  

News Comments > Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game
3. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 09:53 ASeven

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:37:
So..gambling basically? Weird.

Pretty much. I think these guys got the wrong idea from other crowdfunding sites and plans.

32. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 14, 2013, 09:48 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:17:
Captain negative. Companies never let people go unless something is wrong!

For one, Jason wasn't the head of steam, he was the head of business development. Yes, this put Steam deals on his plate. It also put engine licensing on his plate.
If you're looking for an issue, Steam isn't signing companies up very quickly these days. They're somewhat saturated, and larger companies are trending towards leaving and opening their own store.
Then there was the WarZ failure.
And how successful has engine licensing been?

There are reasons you can find other than "OMG VALVE IS FALLING APART!"

Captain apologist. Go back to basic school and learn how to read!

I said something is very wrong, I didn't say Valve is falling apart. Go back to basic school and learn to read a message before you reply to it.

And yes, there's a lot of reasons for Jason to be fired, still news of firing at Valve are relatively unheard of. There may be something wrong at Valve, there may be not, however Valve is far from falling apart.

28. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 14, 2013, 08:20 ASeven

http://youtu.be/yOSJjVD8dPI  

3966 Comments. 199 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo