Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4122 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. Re: Evening Q&As Mar 27, 2013, 21:13 ASeven

The hypocrisy and stupidity of EA. It's DRM, calling it anything else is trying to make us all look like idiots, and the sad thing is that some will eat these words and spew this shit.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
67. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:33 ASeven

TGro wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 17:01:
ASeven wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:51:
TGro wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:40:
I had to make an account (been reading Blues since the 90s) to post a rant....but I erased it and am posting the sum.

Gamers have become the bitchiest bunch of prima donnas, often I read the comments just to see the views of another...but this is starting to turn into youtube.

So you made an account to bitch about people bitching? You're not the smartest person, are you?

Geez, we're attracting more and more idiots by the hour. Must be the water.

Said the pot to the kettle, coincidentally enough your exact post earlier is one in which my rant was about. Meh, I have said all I feel like saying on the subject...bitching about bitching, so be it.

Don't let the door hit your ass on your way out! As Redmask said, won't someone think of the poor corporations! Idiot.

60. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 16:51 ASeven

TGro wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:40:
I had to make an account (been reading Blues since the 90s) to post a rant....but I erased it and am posting the sum.

Gamers have become the bitchiest bunch of prima donnas, often I read the comments just to see the views of another...but this is starting to turn into youtube.

So you made an account to bitch about people bitching? You're not the smartest person, are you?

Geez, we're attracting more and more idiots by the hour. Must be the water.

32. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 13:17 ASeven

So, it's confirmed this is BF 3.5.

Guess BF has gone the way of CoD quite fast. Mass appeal over actual good gameplay. A shame, another series destroyed by EA.

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
13. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 10:19 ASeven

InBlack wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 10:11:
Well that makes a lot of sense. You mention liquidity. So they have a lot of cash at hand, so if they use that to pay for their losses wont they have to make up for it somewhere else? (Like in worker pay cuts or whatever) What Im really asking is, is that cash just sitting there or is it part of the usual company cashflow?

Cashflow, assets, stocks, etc. The fincial capital of a company is never cash sitting there, it's made up of a ton of assets, financial or physical, that often are spread all over the company.

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
12. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 10:17 ASeven

Called this long ago, I said either Square or Codemasters was next and I wasn't wrong.

Square-Enix is rapidly approaching THQ levels of a no return point. There are several factors playing against Square as well that may jeopardize their attempt at regaining solid financial footing.

-The FFXIV launch has truly proved to be a strong financial burden for Square. The botched release, then all the money they spent trying to redo the game has cost them dearly. This is the main factor in my opinion of throwing Square into the financial situation today. FFXIV has brought no revenues of note but has caused heavy costs that will be hard to recoup. They should have dumped FFXIV right after the botched release and not incur in extra, heavy costs to try and salvage it.

-The heavy focus on iterations and the diminishing quality of the FF games on consoles. All I've read about the latest FF was how linear it played and how terrible the ending was. This kind of flogging of their main series may have proven disastrous since FF sales are no longer what they used to be. There's been a markedly loss of consumer confidence on the FF series which is, to all extentes, the main bread and butter of Square-Enix.

-Mismanagement, something quite common to publishers, has bit them in the ass and will bite them again in the ass unless this restructure really fixed the structural problems that exists within all publishers.

At this point nothing short of a bloody miracle can save Square. If they can produce a FF game that sells as FFVII used to sell, they'll be in the clear for a while but I see no good ending for Square.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 24, 2013, 21:15 ASeven

The Cyprus situation may spike the prices of Bitcoins even more. Europe is heading towards chaos and their leaders are sheer lunatics.

Bitcoins are also in their path to become a legitimate currency. It's an interesting economics study, Bitcoins, and it's pretty fascinating to watch it evolve, for better or for worse. If there's ever been a digital currency that could claim to legitimately be compared to real world currencies then Bitcoins are slowly approaching that goal. If it ever reaches it though is something that shall be interesting to watch.

News Comments > Door Kickers Announced
8. Re: Door Kickers Announced Mar 23, 2013, 15:10 ASeven

For $7 this is a must.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced
1. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced Mar 22, 2013, 21:43 ASeven

Interesting choice for a game though knowing some Magic players I know the collectible card game genre is as addicting as crack. Blizzard may be into another gold mine here.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: gaming industry crashing Mar 22, 2013, 17:33 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 17:27:
A lot of words, a lot of noise, a lot of nothing.

Bravo, you just described all your posts ever made. Truly commendable.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
53. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 22, 2013, 15:20 ASeven

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer
51. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 15:12 ASeven

Redmask wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 07:04:
Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:51:
several long diatribes

Why are you always attempting to smother what other people say with long, rambling posts that try to offplay their subjective views? Do you think this isn't apparent to other people, what you're doing only in EA threads? How many times have you posted in this thread alone?

I don't have any rose tinted glasses except for on my avatar, I still play older BF games all the time because they are functionally superior to BF3 and BC2 in most areas where it matters.

It's Slick. He has lied, from saying Steamguard was DRM to saying we should make a chargeback on Simcity, knowing full well EA was banning people who did that. He also uses his own brand of logic, which is to say he doesn't use any logic, facts or anything related to intellect as you have read so far, and when you get the upper hand on him, a very easy feat to do, he goes on with ad hominens. As you also noticed, he is quite good at trying to demean anything that isn't EA and derail anything that may paint EA in a bad light.

My advice, put him in the ignore file. That's the only attention he deserves.

13. Re: gaming industry crashing Mar 22, 2013, 15:03 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 13:37:
Show me where I denied indies or THQ. Show me where I've been wrong.

I remember full well when I first came here that you were quite skeptical of indies rising. As for THQ, we all know that your attitude that no publisher can do wrong is prevalent. You never denied but you affirmed by your words regarding publishers in general.

Also, funny to use the "waving the epenis" line at me then follow with "my clients would be the oens you would dream to work for." Idiotic. Hypocritical. And, sorry, I'm not impressed by external financial analysts.

Sorry, you're the one who started waving your epenis by mentioning I was incapable of being hired by anyone. That is your epenis waving away, trying to assure yourself that you diminish me. Epenis waving goes both ways so while you were subtle in waving it, I wasn't. Besides, I wasn't the one announcing everyone I had a MBA and couldn't care what people believed, an MBA I'm sure you don't have, you don't have the skill and knowledge for that. Then again, as it was mentioned, you seem to acquire any degree whenever the discussion demands you have to have some credentials for the bullshit you often spout. Just sayin' I'm not the one making up degrees as I go along.

As for not being impressed by external financial analysis, it shows in your lack of knowledge about financial analysis and anything business related. Pachter is a genius compared to you.

Anyway, "Financial analyst, worked with the industry before so yes, I do know what I'm talking about regarding this." is among the things you've said that make it seem like you focus on this industry.

What part of the tense of the verb worked didn't you understand? Worked, as in the past, and saying I worked in the industry doesn't say what I did. If you want to know, one of my clients at S&P was interested in the industry and I got involved in it and got most of my contacts in the industry from it. I told him to bail from the industry before the 2008 crash hit and I never again worked in the industry again nor do I plan to, hence I can be biased on an industry I tell people to stay the fuck away from. S&P and most rating agencies have the industry downgraded to hell, BTW.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied
7. Re: BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied Mar 22, 2013, 11:48 ASeven

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 11:11:
nin wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 09:22:
They have to deny it, or the shareholders would have a fucking stroke.

Yeah, no shit.

If it really cost that much, though, they're going to lose so much money. I just don't see this selling 10s of millions of copies.

This is the biggest problem with the gaming industry today, rising development costs that are quickly approaching insane and impossible to sustain levels. When SWTOR was $300M, probably more, to develop then you know something is very wrong with this business model. No game should ever cost that much, nor should it come close to $100M. It speaks of a flawed model and flawed management at publishers.

11. Re: gaming industry crashing Mar 22, 2013, 11:44 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 11:34:
[Says the guy that claims to be a video game industry analyst despite that no respectable company would pay someone as biased as he is.

I don't know why you put "MBA" in quotes like that. 99% of MBAs aren't worth the paper they're written on and an MBA can be had for, like, $200 per credit online. It's not like the initials are hard to get or meaningful on their own.

Sorry? Where did I ever said here I was a video game analyst? I know I'm used to your constant bullshit but sometimes you throw something as hilarious as this.

I am a financial analyst. I never claimed to be a videogame industry analyst. And even if I were, I got more things right, like THQ going down and indies rising, than you ever did in all your time here. So please kindly shut up when you have nothing to show for your supposed work and business sense.

If there's someone who keeps bullshitting every single day here that person is you. And if you're going to wave your epenis around by saying I don't get paid by any respectable company, it's safe to say that the companies I deal with as my clients would be the ones you would dream to work for, and that's all I'll ever say about my work.

9. Re: gaming industry crashing Mar 22, 2013, 11:19 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 08:42:
Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 21:59:
ASeven wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 20:39:
swedishfriend wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 20:27:
Gaming has never been mainstream before. The big publishers are not the only game in town these days. It is very easy to find out about the quality of a game before buying these days. Plus there are many more high quality games now than there ever were before in history. Gaming today is very different from the way it was in 1983.

Doesn't makes their points any less valid.

Yes it does. That diatribe was flawed on every level. It was just whining.

Video won't load for me. Did ASeven make it?

As bad as the video is, it has more business sense than you ever could, even with the supposed "MBA" you have.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Roadmap
27. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 08:34 ASeven

Droniac wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 07:50:
It's almost as bad as the CoD kiddies whining at (a completely correct) TotalBiscuit on Twitter yesterday, proclaiming their "godlike intelligence" and then proceeding to not understand that their saying "you're entitled to head-butt a knife" actually qualifies as a death-threat.

Oh, what happened? What did TB say?

6. Re: etc., etc. Mar 22, 2013, 06:08 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:00:
PC gaming is wide open, but PC gamers are the most discerning and sophisticated gamers out there, and unlikely to be duped by poor quality games in any great numbers.

Diablo 3, SimCity anyone?

Redmask wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:06:
He has some good points later on in the video but he muddies the whole thing when he starts obsessing on stock prices and trying to create correlations out of them.

Yeah, have to agree. There are some good points completely muddled by fallacies, focusing on red herrings and a lot of baseless whining. However the good points he makes are still good, strong points, shame he couldn't have delivered this in a more proper analysis.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2013, 20:43 ASeven

What you did there, Blue, I see it!  

4122 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo