Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3866 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
13. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 13:10 ASeven

Other than the colorbling mode, it's as if with each new announcement EA is determined in having absolutely nobody buy this.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Sale Results?
7. Re: THQ Sale Results? Jan 23, 2013, 16:26 ASeven

RIP THQ. A shame. It now joins the ranks of Ocean and Microprose.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Cave
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Cave Jan 23, 2013, 15:49 ASeven

Yeah, Strike Suit Zero is getting a lot of surprising negative reviews. Eurogamer gave it a 3 out of 10. Ouch.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
71. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 23, 2013, 14:31 ASeven

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:22:
ASeven wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:18:
Maybe not $300M directly invested into the game but this game is already moving that amount of money around. Source

That article says that an investor bought 300M worth of preferred Zenimax stock, and that Zenimax will use said money to increase its online studios and for use in future games.

In my book that doesn't really translate into 300M being assigned to TESO?

True but I think it's safe to say that their long-term plans for online games go through TESO first and foremost. Besides, if Bethesda is smart, they know they have the WoW behemoth to go against and they might decide to invest as much as possible on TESO.

69. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 23, 2013, 13:18 ASeven

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 13:00:
ASeven wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 12:30:
Truth is, this game is exactly like SWTOR at the beginning. It could either succeed spectacularly or fail spectacularly, there won't be a middle ground for this game, this one will either become a massive game and a massive success or put SWTOR to shame if it fails. And like SWTOR a lot is riding on this one, Bethesda will either become a lot more richer or suffer a financial hole they may not recover from. Already there are reports of $300M being invested in this game but Bethesda is no EA when it comes to financial power.

Whatever happens, it should be a fun ride watching the developments of this game.

I seriously doubt Bethesda is putting that much money into it. For one, they don't have to buy a hideously expensive license like EA had to do with ToR, and second they are not going the whole "let's voice everything" route.

Bethesda also seems more sane than EA is where marketing is concerned, budget wise. I have no doubt TESO is expensive, but it's not going to be anywhere near TOR expensive.

Maybe not $300M directly invested into the game but this game is already moving that amount of money around. Source

News Comments > SimCity EULA to be Fixed
17. Re: SimCity EULA to be Fixed Jan 23, 2013, 12:33 ASeven

People served some class action lawsuits at EA over Spore because of things of less importance than this. And the people won over EA.

The way publishers keep treating their customers like shit, it's only a matter of time until some well-financed gamers get fed up and repeat the process again.

67. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 23, 2013, 12:30 ASeven

Truth is, this game is exactly like SWTOR at the beginning. It could either succeed spectacularly or fail spectacularly, there won't be a middle ground for this game, this one will either become a massive game and a massive success or put SWTOR to shame if it fails. And like SWTOR a lot is riding on this one, Bethesda will either become a lot more richer or suffer a financial hole they may not recover from. Already there are reports of $300M being invested in this game but Bethesda is no EA when it comes to financial power.

Whatever happens, it should be a fun ride watching the developments of this game.

News Comments > Shootmania Storm Delayed; Open Beta Next Month
3. Re: Shootmania Storm Delayed; Open Beta Next Month Jan 23, 2013, 07:26 ASeven

Anyone wants to do some cliffs of what happened with this game? Why such a hostile reaction to it? Weren't the Trackmania devs actually good ones?

Genuinely curious over here.

News Comments > Flashback HD Remake Planned?
17. Re: Flashback HD Remake Planned? Jan 22, 2013, 18:54 ASeven

I was all happy reading this then noticed these are the same devs that made Amy....

Excitement gone. God damn it!

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
58. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 18:53 ASeven

Dades wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 18:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 18:34:
it's amazing to me that there's such a hate for EA here though, every publisher is on the DLC/microtransaction bandwagon at this point. It's like you guys think it's only EA who does this sort of thing.

You spam this crap in every thread, get over it. People in general don't like EA, they were voted the worst company in America last year. It's not just this site and EA gives people a lot of good reasons to dislike them. EA doesn't just monetize something, they crank that shit up past the point of reasonable. So they are different from other companies and that's ignoring their reputation of running purchased entities and franchises into the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/JCLpemS.jpg

57. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 18:49 ASeven

Shok wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 16:42:
I just hope everyone complaining in this thread actually ignores this game when it is released. The less sales the better. I'm doubtful though after Diablo 3 and how everyone complained and bought it anyway.

I never touched D3 nor any Ubicrap or other shitty DRM games nor any EA games that really fuck consumer rights up. I stick to my word on these forums.

40. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 14:48 ASeven

DS2 didn't sell that well to begin with. Another IP killed by EA.  

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:46 ASeven

Another TORtanic in the making?  

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
36. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:51 ASeven

MxxCon wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:45:
See https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/genre-simulation-city-building for some other games.

Nice, thanks for the find.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2013, 17:47 ASeven

Kim Dotcom is a douchebag but in this case I have to stand for him, the US govt case against Megaupload has been revealed to be so full of holes and illegalities that it's best to let a scammer and douche run around free then allow a govt to carry out such a miscarriage of justice in the name of Hollywood.  

33. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:43 ASeven

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:35:
There are very few choices when it comes to City Building, and at least Sim City 5 offers a proper simulation engine so for people who want complexity, here you can really fine tune things to perfection.

I mean, nobody is forcing anyone to play this in beta or to buy it, but if you are curious on release you will most definitely be able to read my opinion about it here... ^^ I had lots of credit and 25% coupon on GMG.. hence an extremely good deal.

I at least can understand if you got the game for a really killer deal. The price on the European side of Origin for SC is about $100 (80) for the deluxe edition. That's just crazy.

And yeah, to this day the only game I know of to use zoning and then allow said zoning to develop itself without the direct interference of the player has been SimCity. I never understood why no other game used this mechanic.

Maybe the new game by the devs of Dungeons of Dredmor will use that mechanic.

31. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:38 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:29:
yeah, you're just trolling, i don't think anyone on here is taking you seriously. you have no valid points. you're just trying to cause shit. you are encouraging people to steal from artists who make the art that we all love. That's really low. On a forum for people who love videogames trying to subvert and sabotage the industry which makes the content we all love, instead of just you know NOT BUYING IT. trying to encourage others to steal and follow your ill-advised lead is criminal. you shouldn't be allowed the right to even post here. yes "YOUR KIND" i'm happy that "YOUR KIND" won't be anywhere near my game. and you can take that to the bank.

Here sport, let me type clearly so you can understand:

At no point did I advocate piracy except in your diseased mind;
I don't give a fuck if people like mediocre games or not, it's their business to buy them or not, but when a publisher pulls draconian, customer-harming stuff then that then it should become everyone's business and even fanbois like you should take notice and not allow this to happen;
The fact you let this happen just to play a shiny that will no doubt be a huge disappointment only shows your absolute lack of spine;
Since almost nobody is interested in buying this new SC due to all the bad information about it, enjoy playing in a forced multiplayer game with a tiny community.

27. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:21 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:17:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:10:
Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:06:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:47:
Holy shit Slick, you're going beyond fanboi levels of insanity.

lol really?

i'm saying: "if you don't like it, don't buy it, that's your freedom, that's capitalism. it doesn't not give you free license to steal. doesn't give you the right to pirate. theivery is bad"

and you think that's beyond the fanboi levels of insanity? can you read?

LESS HYPERBOLE! MORE REASONDED ARGUMENTS!

Still with the same fanboi insane levels. A shame.

so i'm to assume that you and your kind won't be playing my game? then i take back everything i said. it's a perfect system. a system that keeps hate filled victimized thieves away from my game? PERFECT! the system works! infact you should probably never play any game online again! i should be thanking my lucky stars that you won't be apart of the community that i'll be enjoying playing this title.

Oh god this is priceless. "My kind". BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Like I said, insane fanboi levels. Hey Slick, here's a shovel, keep digging that hole more!

24. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:10 ASeven

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:06:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:47:
Holy shit Slick, you're going beyond fanboi levels of insanity.

lol really?

i'm saying: "if you don't like it, don't buy it, that's your freedom, that's capitalism. it doesn't not give you free license to steal. doesn't give you the right to pirate. theivery is bad"

and you think that's beyond the fanboi levels of insanity? can you read?

LESS HYPERBOLE! MORE REASONDED ARGUMENTS!

Still with the same fanboi insane levels. A shame.

23. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:09 ASeven

MxxCon wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 17:05:
ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:56:
This is just insane and reaching unheard levels of draconian measures. Ah well, one more nail in the SC coffin. My only complain is that EA is again killing another damn good series for good all because they got greedy.

Dammit, the thought of never playing another SimCity as good as 2000 or 4, or playing another SC at all, makes me sad. EA sure loves destroying their IP.
Will Wright left EA long time ago, and most of good Maxis talent as well. There are many equally good city-building games around.

I don't agree with the many good city-building games around part. Not like SimCity where you zone land and watch it grow by itself. The Anno games are economic simulators, CitiesXL doesn't even come close to SC2000, let alone 4, Tropico is the most decent of city builders out there but there's no zoning and the complexity of the game is pretty low.

My only hope right now is an opensource game called I,Mayor though that one still has a long, long way to go before it reaches a level comparable to any SC game.

Unfortunately there's really nothing good right now that compares to SC.

3866 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo