Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4124 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2013, 18:09 ASeven

LittleMe wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 17:53:
Good links here thanks! Loved the Amiga demos, too.

Anyone remember the one short Amiga demo, I think by Silents or by Crystal (?) where it just had a bunch of balls with piano music going? You could set all sorts of parameters for the balls as they animated and make lots of very cool patterns. Been trying to find it for years and haven't yet. I loved the music, oddly, and it was fun and rewarding to see all the different animations by changing the values..

That demo is likely to be found in this FTP:

ftp.amigascne.org

In fact pretty much every demo ever made on the Amiga can be found there. I recommend using WinUAE as the emulator.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch_Dogs in November
17. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 16:59 ASeven

Creston wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 16:02:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 15:30:
I'm leery about the inter-connected / social thing. I don't want to be constantly online, nor have some random asshat in my game. So I hope you can play the game entirely offline, if you wish, otherwise it is a no-sale for me.

Same here, but I'm pretty excited about this game. Let's hope that they haven't turned into full retards at Ubi, and are not going the Sim City route.

History, unfortunately, proves that Ubisoft can go full retard too many times. I have an eye on this game but I'll get it only if it can be played offline.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2013, 16:05 ASeven

I was part of the C64 and later Amiga scene and was a legal trader. Damn, those were the days, sending and receiving huge packets filled with diskettes that contained only demos. Didn't stop the police from opening them in search of piracy or even seizing some of them mistakenly thinking it was pirated goods. Always get a laugh remembering the police in those days usually had no idea on how to operate an Amiga.

I miss these days. I met most of the guys that went on to form DICE when they were part of The Silents group, and met a ton more people that are pretty much legends in the gaming industry today. It was fun being a trader back then, using mail and/or BBS to distribute and spread demos and intros and megademos and dentros.

News Comments > Spamalot Unchained
4. Re: Spamalot Unchained Apr 27, 2013, 15:49 ASeven

Hope this gets funded, if only to stop the spam.  

News Comments > EA Partners to Close?
33. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 26, 2013, 12:54 ASeven

Dev wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 23:13:
Prez wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 22:05:
You can't hate one company for being monopolistic, while praising or being ok with Valve doing the same thing pretty much.

If you really think people only hate on EA because they are being 'monopolistic' then you have your head in the clouds... or up somewhere a little closer and smellier.

Your continued attempts to draw parallels between how Steam and EA do business and treat their customers when in truth there is no comparison at all serves to prove you are either an EA Fanboy or a Valve hater - and in either case, easily ignored.
The easiest and most recent example (and not even the biggest crapfest they've been involved in), would be simcity. Not just the initial problems, but the totally incompetent way they handled dealing with it.

If you look at my comments on threads about that fiasco, I was initially willing to give EA (yes even EA) some benefit of the doubt. But noooo. Everytime I thought they couldn't get any stupider or screw it up more, they went and did something even worse.

Hell, the new Simcity 2.0 patch has broken more stuff than it fixed!

News Comments > EA Cuts Staff
33. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 19:36 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 19:34:
ASeven wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 19:30:
A nice article from some stock brokers that pretty much share my view on EA. They're heading for extinction if nothing is done soon.

Nice article.

They also pretty much spell what I've been saying about the gaming industry for a while, if nothing is done it's heading for a crash, though thankfully this crash, if it happens, will only affect publishers. Indies may save the industry and gamers in more ways than one.

32. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 19:35 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 19:31:
I do feel terrible for anyone who loses a job in this economy. I'm sure the vast majority of the people who got let go have nothing to do with the EA policies we've all come to love to hate.

It all sounds, and feels, like blindly cutting costs. Seen this happen too many times and often the corporation that starts doing this ends up on a downward spiral that often cannot be stopped.

It's the people who are now out of a job who get to carry the weight of EA's failure.

29. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 19:30 ASeven

A nice article from some stock brokers that pretty much share my view on EA. They're heading for extinction if nothing is done soon.  

28. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 19:26 ASeven

Jackplug wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 19:25:
so who is gonna make all these games now, not all the moaners thats for sure.

Indies. They pretty much have already taken over anyway.

27. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 19:26 ASeven

You know Creston, I now share your pain that the idiots we put on ignore should not have their quotes shown up for us.  

26. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 17:42 ASeven

Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 16:31:
Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 13:18:
At this point, the only thing that probably would make sense for EA to do is find a way to go private.

Is that even feasible for them, though? I doubt they have anywhere near enough cash to buy themselves into the majority, and otherwise it just means they'd have to get a major investment venture to buy their majority stake and they just become beholden to said investment capitalists rather than the shareholders at large.

They are fucked either way. Their stock prices have plummeted and have not recovered since but, as you say, if they go private they will need to borrow such an insane amount of capital to buy themselves into a majority position that they might as well shut themselves off and save a lot of trouble.

And the beauty of all of this is that they have nobody to blame but themselves. Honestly, I believe we're starting to see the first steps of the publisher crash as publishers suddenly realize that they cannot support their business model for much longer and see themselves starved for capital which they cannot afford or create.

14. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 17:38 ASeven

EA is reaping now the price of the fucked up business model that permeates the publishers all over and unfortunately it's the people that get sacked that truly pay the price.

Honestly, it seems as if the new-old CEO took a look at the financial papers of EA and went "Holy shit we're almost extinct! Quick, cut costs everywhere!"

Publishers are stupid though and the price they will pay for this fucked up business model will be huge.

23. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 13:41 ASeven

All this cost cutting, from several layoffs across the board to this, it smells of desperate cost cutting and that is always a bad sign about the company's finances.

At this point the possibility of EA going under is starting to become rather strong.

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage
2. Re: Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage Apr 24, 2013, 17:41 ASeven

That looks pretty good.

Fun fact, even today nobody really knows where the battle site is located, even though a lot of archaeological findings have narrowed the battle site to some specific locations.

News Comments > Orion: Dino Horde Controversies
11. Re: Orion: Dino Horde Controversies Apr 21, 2013, 14:12 ASeven

As I've been telling people about PA, it has the potential to become the greatest Tycoon-type title on the PC. As Sepharo said, it's overflowing with potential, plus the devs are very capable of shaping that potential into a great game.

I advise everyone to get and support PA, it can, and most likely will, become one of the greatest strategy games on the PC of all time.

News Comments > Orion: Dino Horde Controversies
2. Re: Orion: Dino Horde Controversies Apr 20, 2013, 17:31 ASeven

TB buries this game pretty badly:

http://youtu.be/RCMRpia6K_o

News Comments > SimCity Patch Monday
6. Re: SimCity Patch Monday Apr 20, 2013, 08:12 ASeven

It'll be hard to top this stinker as the worst launch of the year and one of the most disappointing games of the decade.  

News Comments > Monaco Preorders; Trailers; Interview
3. Re: Monaco Preorders; Trailers; Interview Apr 19, 2013, 13:48 ASeven

I expect great things from this game.  

News Comments > Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games
3. Re: Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games Apr 18, 2013, 09:13 ASeven

Publishers are falling to pieces left and right. People warned them that the path they took was financially unsustainable but they didn't listen. Now they are reaping what they sow and nobody will shed a tear if they all crash, as it seems that's now the path they're heading.  

News Comments > Deadly Walkers Kickstarter
7. Re: Deadly Walkers Kickstarter Apr 15, 2013, 15:31 ASeven

That looks real bad, plus as was mentioned the music is ripped from 28 weeks later.  

4124 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo