Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3940 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Arma III Trailer
17. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 09:06 ASeven

Joss wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 23:35:
Now what would really be interesting is if Dice released a full-on Free SDK for the current Frostbite engine out of spite.

DICE won't do shit if there's no money involved for them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
2. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 20:34 ASeven

SImCity's new feature: Take away features! Only $69.99!  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
168. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 7, 2013, 12:34 ASeven

Is it me or is the kickstarer website acting up?  

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
31. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 12:24 ASeven

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 12:18:
NegaDeath wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 12:16:
Update via Kotaku via EA forums.

We are continuing to do everything we can to address the server issues. In the meantime, so that we can give you as good an experience as possible, we are in the process of deploying a hotfix to all servers. This includes various improvements and also disables a few non-critical gameplay features (leaderboards, achievements and region filters). Disabling these features will in no way affect your core gameplay experience.

We will continue to let you know as we have more information. We know it has been said before, but we do appreciate your patience as we complete this latest update. Getting you playing is our absolute highest priority.

Disabling online features so that people can just play the game. That's a new one to me.

There is some hilarious hypocrisy going on there. First the online requirements were due to game design aspects that they consider core to the experience but now it's ok to turn them off because they're secondary? They even listed leaderboards specifically. That is pretty amusing.

Careful Verno, you're EA hating!!11!!!derp!

28. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 12:17 ASeven

On a serious note, Civitas finally posted their first prototype video on their Kickstarter.

Has potential to become something great.

166. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 7, 2013, 12:13 ASeven

On a Kickstarter related theme, check out this project:

http://kck.st/ZK6OR3

2. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 09:18 ASeven

In b4 Slick and RollingThunder post in this thread.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues
116. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 7, 2013, 08:19 ASeven

I see Slick is back at it again.

Also, reviews are becoming more honest on this game.

109. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 6, 2013, 19:40 ASeven

Best review for SimCity yet.  

128. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 18:54 ASeven

vrok wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 18:50:
Let's do this! Brohugs to everyone! For Freedom™!

Hush now, some people think we're always negative so we must now make a grumpy face to please them.

127. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 18:51 ASeven

Now, I don't mean in saying that crowdfunding will destroy the classic publishing business model. It'll take a lot more than that. However I think crowdfunding, by its very specific nature, cannot fail in the sense that it cannot ever go away. Individual projects will fail and the model itself still requires a lot of fine tuning but due to the semi-anarchic nature of the model it becomes pretty impossible for it to ever fade away. It's here to stay.

I do believe that Obsidian's Project Eternity must have sent some shivers down some publisher's spines though. That, for me, was the defining moment of crowdfunding in gaming, when an established developer did get quite a lot of funding from random people to make their own game their own way. That signaled to everyone who was watching that big developers don't necessarily need publishers to get games out, not anymore.

This is why I think crowdfunding is a game-changer in business models, because it's opening the door for more innovative models to come through and trounce the classic business models. Much like RIAA and MPAA, the fight of the classic business model has long been lost, they just don't know it yet. Consumers are starting to become aware they have more choices now and are acting upon it, especially in this economic recession climate where the existence of different choices of models and slightly more informed consumers is resulting in less people spending money blindly.

Simply put, crowdfunding removes the middleman. And let's be honest, the middle man never really brought anything to the table that a developer couldn't offer if it got the money directly from the people. And I don't count marketing in this.

116. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 18:10 ASeven

Dev wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 17:57:
ASeven wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 17:33:
And Chris Taylor (and numerous idiots) announced the death of Kickstarter when his project failed.

HAH! Crowdfunding is here to stay.
I don't get the hatred and vitriol towards crowdfunding from people who aren't even in publishing business. Its like they can't WAIT for this stuff to fail horribly and are gleefully standing around with a gas can to pour onto the fire when a project goes south.

There WILL be projects that fail. It doesn't mean the rest will, or that crowdfunding is stupid and should die and go away in a year. Its like investing in a startup. Protip, they sometimes fail.
KS's model of only funding if it reaches the goal reduces a lot of crap from getting funded. People are also expected to use a modicum of common sense, if something doesn't sound legit... guess what? It might not be!

The main reason for this hatred directed at crowdfunding from certain sectors of the entertainment industry is, I believe, simple to explain.

Crowdfunding threatens the status quo of publishers, gaming and otherwise. The dinosaurs don't want anything to threaten their ancient business model and crowdfunding is the biggest threat to classic publishing yet. It threatens the whole status quo of the publishing world and hence a lot of corporate people and their cronies can't wait to see this new model fail and fail hard. Bad news for them though, due to the nature of this model this can never, ever fail.

109. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 17:35 ASeven

$1,150M

Holy shit, this project is on fire.

107. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 17:33 ASeven

And Chris Taylor (and numerous idiots) announced the death of Kickstarter when his project failed.

HAH! Crowdfunding is here to stay.

13. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 12:23 ASeven

$600K.  

105. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 6, 2013, 12:17 ASeven

http://i.imgur.com/gXcaWns.png  

104. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 6, 2013, 12:16 ASeven

You can't make this shit up. Polygon lowered the review score due to all the problems that this new SC has.  

10. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 12:08 ASeven

nin wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 12:00:
edit: God I'm such a KS whore...weak weak weak.

Hey niiiiiiiiin....

http://kck.st/14fgMKW

99. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 6, 2013, 08:39 ASeven

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 08:25:
Popcorn

In this world nothing can be said to be certain except death, taxes and RollingThunder and Slick always posting on EA threads.

3940 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo