Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3946 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
29. removed Mar 9, 2013, 14:34 ASeven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 9, 2013, 16:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 14:28 ASeven

Redmask wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:23:
Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:21:

yeah and like i said, if you call their support line, and tell them why, then it doesn't result in a ban. they don't ban for 1 chargeback, they ban if you're doing multiple chargebacks, as it costs them money everytime.

This is incorrect and doesn't jive with Origins publicly stated policy on chargebacks. There is a delay when chargebacks are processed before the merchant is notified, people doing them will likely get banned in a week or two. If you have evidence to post that says they will not ban accounts from the source (EA, Maxis or Origin) then do so otherwise be quiet and stop encouraging people to do something that will very likely jeopardize their accounts.

Slick lying in order to favor EA?? Say it ain't so!!

22. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 14:27 ASeven

nin wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:20:
Redmask wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:19:
Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:09:
nin wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:06:
Refunds?

if you want a refund, do a chargeback, they can't ban your account for 1 chargeback, just call their customr service and tell them why. pleanty of people on their official forums are doing this.

Yes they can and they have said any chargebacks will result in a permanent account ban.

Wait, someone doesn't have (s)Lick muted? Really??

He's off his meds again??

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month?
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 8, 2013, 21:15 ASeven

Now with 100% more cheaters and 100% less features!

Nailed it!

News Comments > SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused
38. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 20:49 ASeven

Things are taking a turn for the surreal now.  

37. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 20:48 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 20:46:
ASeven wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:49:
Sad thing is, gamers are the most stupid of consumers. Despite Command&Conquer 4, Dark Spore, UbiDRM, Diablo 3, they STILL bought SimCity and it STILL behaved like all other always-online DRM, terribly. And despite SimCity now fucking up for everybody, if they announced another strong brand name but all washed up like this new SC and with always-online DRM they would all still bitch and whine and yet go buy the game.

All I'll say is this:

Of course we want pure crack, but we'll smoke it anyway even if it's cut with talc and Borax. That's just the nature of addiction.

Then it's rehab time.

34. Re: removed Mar 8, 2013, 20:22 ASeven

And some last images:

http://i.imgur.com/UShqZts.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/o8AFkaH.jpg

And damn, my first ever removed post. I think. Shouldn't have quoted Slick I guess.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/8qBKNrq.png

This can't be real. Please, someone tell me this isn't real. EA can't be this dumb and insulting at the same time.

33. removed Mar 8, 2013, 20:14 ASeven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 8, 2013, 20:18.

30. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 19:58 ASeven

Here is the SimCity debacle in one picture:

http://i.imgur.com/BCgEpRn.jpg

29. removed Mar 8, 2013, 19:58 ASeven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 8, 2013, 20:35.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Trailer
23. Re: Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 18:21 ASeven

Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 17:33:
Tanto Edge wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 17:30:
Half a million dollars, and they're just reskinning XCOM.

How else do you expect turn-based combat to work? This is how turn-based combat has worked since the dawn of... turn-based combat.

Honestly. It's as if they never played a game before 2000. This is how many games back then resolved combat, turn-based. Even mighty Fallout.

Shit, next we'll have people saying Fallout 1 and 2 are just reskinned XCOM by the looks of it.

14. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 16:49 ASeven

Sad thing is, gamers are the most stupid of consumers. Despite Command&Conquer 4, Dark Spore, UbiDRM, Diablo 3, they STILL bought SimCity and it STILL behaved like all other always-online DRM, terribly. And despite SimCity now fucking up for everybody, if they announced another strong brand name but all washed up like this new SC and with always-online DRM they would all still bitch and whine and yet go buy the game.

No wonder indies have risen and are now an established alternative to publishers. It's as if the sane gamers have gone indie and the insane gamers are still only buying AAA games and nothing more.

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
53. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 16:45 ASeven

nin wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:33:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:26:
Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 12:56:
ASeven wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 12:15:
Hmm, I wanted a new Ultima but my points against this project have been exposed quite well by Creston.

Also, I am now having second thoughts on Civitas. Upon further review I think Civitas might be a scam and I'm not the only one thinking that.

Yeah, I have to admit that I've felt a little warning signal going off in my mind when I look at Civitas.

I hope I'm wrong, and I have a reminder on the page so I'll have another look 2 days before it's set to expire. But so far it does seem a bit iffy. And again, I see no way you can make a game of this kind with $250K, especially not if you're going to be releasing all these mod tools.

Creston

Might not be a scam, but it doesn't look to be a very experienced team, either. Posted by this guy.

I love the fact that they talk about getting PP links/page up and running, when they should never do that until they reach their initial goal...something fishy there. Obviously if you give to them now via PP, not only are you charged immediately, but it also doesn't count towards their KS goal...

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1584821767/comments

I think the biggest red flag for me is how much space he spends bashing the new SimCity, almost as much space to describe the game itself. I see this as a probable scam that is taking advantage of the shit that is SimCity.

Either way too many red flags for me. I was hoping for this project to be true but as time went on and I kept reading the project page my uneasy feeling just kept growing.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 16:40 ASeven

Wasteland 2, this one, possibly Project Eternity, Dead State, Planetary Annihilation, Grim Dawn, Maia, War for the Overworld, etc etc etc

Oh my, this year is going to be a very special year for PC gaming. All from kickstarter as well.

11. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 16:37 ASeven

This gets better and better, like a joke that never ceases to be funny despite how long it gets told.

Funny how the usual EA buttlicking apologists are strangely quiet now.

14. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 12:15 ASeven

Hmm, I wanted a new Ultima but my points against this project have been exposed quite well by Creston.

Also, I am now having second thoughts on Civitas. Upon further review I think Civitas might be a scam and I'm not the only one thinking that.

9. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 11:41 ASeven

Have I mentioned this could be the next FTL?  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Passes $2MM
12. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Passes $2MM Mar 8, 2013, 09:45 ASeven

InBlack wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 09:43:
Sho wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 09:39:
FTL is an example of a KS breakout success that's already been released, but I'm guessing you mean big KS games. I think the first one to release is Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse in September (which was a no-brainer for me, big adventure fan and fan of the series, and these guys know what they're doing).

Ahh thanks Sho, I guess Ill have to get around to checking FTL. If I had played that I would probably be aware of that fact.

You haven't played FTL yet? Burn the heretic!

News Comments > Mike Capps Leaves Epic Entirely
3. Re: Mike Capps Leaves Epic Entirely Mar 8, 2013, 09:39 ASeven

Makes me wonder what's going on at Epic when 2 key figures leave so suddenly.  

3946 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo