Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4161 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 13:11 ASeven

Techdirt puts some light on this poll.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 09:32 ASeven

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:19:
Narrator is the British version of Illidan.

It's actually the actor that played Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies after Richard Harris died.

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
71. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 09:08 ASeven

NKD wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 08:29:
ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 07:18:
And it seems that the PS4 will have mandatory fees in the form of acessing MP. This will balance the cheap price of the console though no doubt it will drive more people into the PC. If you want to play MP on the PS4 you now have to pay Sony every month.

Still, I have no doubts the PS4 will break the sales records of the PS2.

A master stroke really. Existing Playstation fans are so psyched about having the better console, that migrating to PSN Plus isn't going to be a big deal. A lot of PSN users already have Plus for various reasons. Meanwhile, Xbox 360 players are already used to paying monthly, and won't have to get used to a change on that front.

Sony just outclassed Microsoft in every way this time round. PS4 is better hardware, better software, better business model, and they presented it in a much more palatable way. And MS can't pull enough marketable exclusives out of their ass to dig their way out of this one. They'll definitely be playing second fiddle this generation.

Makes you wonder about the future of MS. Many people have predicted their end for a long time but the facts are, never before in MS history have the conditions for a perfect storm against them been set like they are right now.

Win8 is not selling, to the point PC makers are blaming the OS for declining PC sales. With declining Windows sales comes declining Office sales, and it's the Windows and Office departments that bring the grunt of revenue for MS, not the entertainment department which seems to have a very bleak future now.

MS may survive this but it won't survive unscathed. All I know is this will, in the end, bring more people to the PC and may shake the industry quite badly. And we must hope that Sony doesn't pull a rabbit out of the hat in the last hours of marketing and announces that used games are also restricted on the PS4. If that happens it's safe to say the industry will shake and probably crumble.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
20. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 07:21 ASeven

How many awesome buttons they will implent this time?  

69. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 07:18 ASeven

And it seems that the PS4 will have mandatory fees in the form of acessing MP. This will balance the cheap price of the console though no doubt it will drive more people into the PC. If you want to play MP on the PS4 you now have to pay Sony every month.

Still, I have no doubts the PS4 will break the sales records of the PS2.

65. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 03:51 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 01:26:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 23:44:
If MS doesn't drop their price down to $400, they're screwed.

I don't know if they can do that. If they do, it would have to be, like, a week before launch. "Uh oh, we just noticed our costs are lower, you guys all benefit!"

I think they can hold their own in NA at that price. Barely. But globally? Not only were they going to be doing poorly globally to begin with, but between the price and half the new features being NA specific...

ASeven's DOA is looking more and more likely.

Yeap, at $399 MS is in deep shit. Sony realized that they want to win the people that will buy a single console.

MS has bazookad their own foot.

53. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 20:53 ASeven

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 19:50:
Either way it's safe to say MS has already lost the race before it even started.

As much as I'd like this to be true, you clearly have some awesome kool aide and need to be sharing. Cause it's waaaaaaaaaaay too early to be making those kind of predictions.

Well, this is in part due to my conviction the next generation of consoles will do poorly financially, as I've said before. The generational leap isn't that big, games are becoming too derivative, even exclusives, to draw people to consoles, the PC is ahead of them right from the start which means this next generation we may see more people choosing a PC over a console and combine with that the terrible features of the xbone.

Sure it will sell extremely well on the first months but with online DRM, second-hand market being killed and even more control from the console makers and publishers, I don't think many will buy into it as they did in the past.

One thing is certain, the success or failure of these consoles will determine the success or failure of the industry, namely the publishers.

48. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 19:46 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 19:37:
ASeven wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 18:21:
Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 16:46:
ASeven wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 16:41:
$500 for the Xbone. MS is really doing its best to kill itself.

Any guess on the PS4?
I'd say +/- 10%. It only matters is they come down 20%, though. Anything less than $100 off is a non-factor I think.

Between $370 and $460, I would say. With the Xbone price announced and all the terrible features that comes with it, Sony may strike gold even if the price difference is only $50. Sony now has the advantage.

However I still believe this console gen will be an overall disapointment in terms of sales.

$370?
I think there's zero chance they go below $400. They'd be losing way too much money per unit shipped.

With Microsoft getting bad buzz, though, and with Microsoft releasing the pricing first, I wouldn't be surprised if they had several copies of their presentation, with price points between $400 and $600, in $50 increments.

With Microsoft falling at $500, do they come in the same, or do they cut the legs off Microsoft at $400, even if it means losing ~80-~120 per unit? Is that worth leaving your biggest competitor DOA?

It all depends on how Sony views the price elasticity of the PS4. Remember, the xbone has already a tarnished reputation and many people who thought of buying only 1 console will definetely choose the PS4.

So, price elasticity. It's only a question of how much Sony wants to become the king of this generation and how many consoles they want to sell. Either way it's safe to say MS has already lost the race before it even started.

46. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 18:21 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 16:46:
ASeven wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 16:41:

Any guess on the PS4?
I'd say +/- 10%. It only matters is they come down 20%, though. Anything less than $100 off is a non-factor I think.

Between $370 and $460, I would say. With the Xbone price announced and all the terrible features that comes with it, Sony may strike gold even if the price difference is only $50. Sony now has the advantage.

However I still believe this console gen will be an overall disapointment in terms of sales.

37. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 16:41 ASeven

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2013, 15:32 ASeven

Damn. RIP Iain Banks.  

News Comments > Verdun Open Beta
1. Re: Verdun Open Beta Jun 9, 2013, 15:30 ASeven

Has potential to be a fun MP game in WWI.

Speaking of WWI, if anyone wants to know more about the Great War, watch this awesome BBC documentary about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2vOYmu90KM

This is the equivalent of WWI as World at War was for WWII. Disregard that this documentary was made in 1964, most information is still up to date and the interview with WWI veterans are priceless, especially when you consider that there is no longer any WWI veteran and participant alive anymore.

Many myths about WWI will be broken by watching this awesome documentary though be warned, it's a rather raw documentary that holds no punches in showing human misery and death.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2013, 15:26 ASeven

Nice to see Prison Architect and ArmA3 there too. Both games have been making tremendous progress during their alphas. Arma3 is almost unrecognizable since it's initial alpha launch and PA is becoming one of the finest tycoon game ever for PC.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 8, 2013, 19:05 ASeven

PropheT wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 18:28:
They're kind of all over the place right now. Gamefaqs has a few for sure, although I try not so spend a lot of time there to get extremely acquainted.

Hell, even 4chan got a few recently, and that's 4chan we're talking about!

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 8, 2013, 18:03 ASeven

Rain wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 16:59:
OMG, right around the corner of being Britain, that's if Sharia law doesn't kick in first!! Doom and gloom folks! Get yer guns!

Because having the privacy of citizens broken for no good reason is always a good thing, amirite?

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2013, 19:03.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 8, 2013, 16:35 ASeven

I'm starting to think that those saying the US are turning into a police state aren't that wrong after all. This is scary stuff right here.  

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 8, 2013, 16:32 ASeven

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 15:36:
Julio wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 15:01:
We definitely know there are Microsoft shills here too, not very surprising. Basically anyone who likes Windows 8 and Xbox One is pretty much guaranteed to work for Microsoft.

I have no care or love for the XboxOne, but Windows 8 is just fine to those of us who have the mental capacity to do a little adapting when an OS changes.

I think I prefer those of us with actual mental capacity to realize that win8 is more of a downgrade than an upgrade and that realize that change isn't always good or for the better.

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 8, 2013, 16:28 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 16:25:
Pretty certain there are no shills here for any major company.

Explain Slick then.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 6, 2013, 12:26 ASeven

Ah yes, the final big climatic Fuck You from Blizzard to PC gamers everywhere. Not only they make the console version a lot better than the PC version by removing the AH and allowing it to be played offline, it makes everyone who bought D3 feel as betatesters for the console version.

And still people will give these monkeys their money. Blizzard no longer is what they were.

News Comments > Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer
1. Re: Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 11:36 ASeven

Hmmm, trailer launched on the same day as the anniversary of the D-Day landings. Some may call this timing tasteless, others may call it good marketing.

Despite that, game looks better than I thought it would.

4161 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo