Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3946 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
75. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:59 ASeven

Taiwan's news reporting on this:

http://youtu.be/2uFEYIVKOwA

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
70. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 15:13 ASeven

CitiesXL is horribly broken, both in game design and technically. It's a bad city simulator all around.

City Life is pretty much SimCity Societies under another name.

46. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 13:34 ASeven

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 13:29:
This is one of those cases where I hope a crack team can come up with a method to allow offline play.

It would be quite interesting and would be the icing on this train wreck.

From the reviews of the game proper, SimCity appears to be a more streamlined game but with much less content compared to its predecessors. The simulation also pretty much breaks down when the city starts to fill its borders. Another point in common with many reviews is that the game, due to the limit size, gets boring too fast.

43. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 13:28 ASeven

EA's handling of SimCity in one handy pic:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZEFfs4q

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
65. Re: EA Will Mar 11, 2013, 13:21 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 12:26:
Quboid wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 12:19:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:10:
Quboid wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:58:
Yes, it was pretty dumb of me. I preordered before the DRM was made public I was aware of the DRM.

It's been known nearly since the announcement and certainly before pre-orders were available.

Possibly. I was aware that it had online features, which I took to mean you can put a screenshot of your city on Facebook or something like that. I didn't realise it was always-on until months after the pre-order. Perhaps I missed something.

A little less than a month after it was announced:
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/131125/new-simcity-only-playable-online

edit: Wait! You're the third damn post in that thread:
"Awwwwww what the fuck EA. Has it come to this? I was just defending you pricks. If this is true, I sincerely hope this utterly bombs and proves me wrong."

I wish you woulda kept that opinion.

Take comfort that at least here on Blue a lot of us do stick to our word and don't buy the next crack drug game that has consumer-adverse features.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2013, 13:19 ASeven

When I read any of Pachter's analysis, I feel ashamed that guy has my profession. PC gaming is probably making a comeback this year? Holy fuck Pachter, next you will predict that water is most of the time wet!

Still, a silver lining from this, publisher's CEOs listen to this guy and if he says PC gaming is coming back this year then maybe we'll see publishers treating us better.

On second thoughts, the farther away publishers are from the PC the better.

39. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 13:15 ASeven

The more you think this can't get any worse, it gets worse. SimCity will become, even more than D3 and UbiDRM, as the ultimate testament to the folly and uselessness of always-online DRM.  

8. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 09:20 ASeven

Techdirt has a nice article over this debacle.  

41. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 20:46 ASeven

wtf_man wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 19:53:
ASeven wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:28:
NKD wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:31:
Yes, it's technically possible that the game sold 7 copies, and the Commodore 64 hosting the game couldn't handle it, but I don't think that's the most likely scenario.

Don't you go dissing the Commodore 64 now!

He was mistaken... he meant TRS-80.

Don't you go dissing the TRS-80 either!

30. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 18:28 ASeven

NKD wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:31:
Yes, it's technically possible that the game sold 7 copies, and the Commodore 64 hosting the game couldn't handle it, but I don't think that's the most likely scenario.

Don't you go dissing the Commodore 64 now!

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
96. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 10, 2013, 10:56 ASeven

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 10:51:
"The text for this review is currently unavailable. Please check back later." I'm not sure if that is supposed to be the review, but either way it's funny.

Scroll down a bit for the proper review.

94. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 10, 2013, 10:28 ASeven

Ouch, Tom Chick reviews the game and says that the game design itself is broken.  

76. removed Mar 9, 2013, 21:13 ASeven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2013, 08:51.

71. removed Mar 9, 2013, 20:16 ASeven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 10, 2013, 08:52.

70. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 20:09 ASeven

uhlsla wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 19:52:
No thanks. Still not going to buy it. Anyone heard of the Kickstarter one Civitas? Maybe if this one sells a few million copies more than SimCity maybe EA will listen.....Nah who am I kidding!!

I like how you registered today just to promote Civitas, which looks more like a scam than anything else.

Good grief, we have Slick for EA and now this for Civitas. SimCity is sure attracting its share of idiots to Blue.

47. Re: Which free game? Mar 9, 2013, 15:37 ASeven

Kosumo wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 15:26:
Aseven totally attacked Slick in an inmature, personal nature, with nothing else in his post. Way to add to the discussion (Just like I did )

Hey, like I've always said here, I'm a brutally honest person with no patience for bullshit. If people don't like when I call them for what they are, well, tough shit for them.

43. Re: Which free game? Mar 9, 2013, 15:17 ASeven

Verno wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 15:14:
William Usher wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:57:
http://tinyurl.com/aufbgnu

http://tinyurl.com/b7dr6hm

Can't be bothered to find more at the moment. Basically it's just EA panicking.

Remember a similar thing happened when they staged that gay protest and then acquiesce to the LBGT community in order to misdirect some of the negative press they were getting? Yeah, it's just more stuff like that...sort of.

Those are pretty damning and makes you wonder about all of the supposedly happy users on their forums and the weirdos we see crop up here from time to time. I'm not surprised but I am disappointed, awhile ago EA made some efforts to curb their DRM usage and try to get away from this sort of behavior. It's a shame to see it all happening again and much worse than before. A public disinformation campaign though, that's just wow, yikes.

On the bright side, shills and imbeciles only show up on forums that do have a good amount of influence amongst gamers in order to sway opinions or to simply troll and misdirect attention.

In a way, this means Blue and us regulars are far more important than we think.

33. Re: Which free game? Mar 9, 2013, 14:47 ASeven

William Usher wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:46:
Unless he's a shill.

A few were actually spotted accidentally still logged into their EA accounts while singing praises to the company and managed to get caught.

It was a true "LOL" moment and a wake up call for everyone who thinks that companies don't do this.

Do tell about that incident, don't recall reading about it. I'm curious to read about it for a bit of entertainment.

31. Re: Which free game? Mar 9, 2013, 14:46 ASeven

Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 14:45:

I rest my case.

3946 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo