Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4014 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked
8. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked Apr 9, 2013, 10:49 ASeven

InBlack wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 10:07:
So is the game any good? Is it a standalone expansion or what?

From people playing this, they say it fixes FC3 problems and is a better game than FC3. Standalone game BTW.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked Apr 9, 2013, 10:48 ASeven

Apparently you can download any game stored on Uplay's servers, even unreleased ones, and play the full version if you use the hack.

Holy fucking shit, this is a major, major screw-up by ubisoft.

1. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked Apr 9, 2013, 09:06 ASeven

It isn't only footage that leaked but the whole bloody game is now out and playable for the PC due to a hack that allows anyone to download any game from Uplay.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 17:51 ASeven

Apparently, the pirate version of AoE2HD has been fixed of some game-breaking bugs that the original game has.

"Some users of our release approached us with what they believed to be a crack issue. The game would crash on certain setups during the first Age of Kings campaign, upon finding the second relic. This is in fact a game bug that can be reproduced on the original version of the game as well. Because we like this game, we've patched the problem away and present you with this game-related fix. The publisher is allowed to use this fix in their next update provided they remove DRM Wink "

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 17:35 ASeven

Draugr wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 16:31:
ASeven wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 15:55:
Valid points on the industry in general. However if you want a nice rebuttal, Thunderfoot's videos are great at dismantling the whole modern feminism pseudo-theory, along with a lot of other good videos out there.

You mean that video you linked to that where 3 minutes in he accuses anyone who disagrees with his premise of being a 'white knight?' Accusing people of 'white knighting' is far from a place of reason and dismantles nothing.

If I didn't know any better I'd think you were a plant to help prove the point this article is trying to make. You seem to be more interested in checking off all the bad arguments that are discussed in this article then actually engaging in any discussion. -- Which, as mentioned, is the point of such arguments.

The moment an idea is thrown out but discussion of it is shut then that idea becomes worthless since it's impossible to discuss it from both sides. Theunderfoot's video is correct because these people are whiteknighting, they are plunging into the idea without thinking about it, without thinking of the ramifications and pretty much being mindless in following whatever these web personalities of feminism tells them to do. And as thunderfoot says, the problem here is simple, thick skin or the lack of it and though he calls them, fairly in my opinions, a lot of names, he also doesn't shut out discussion and for me that's the crucial part. He doesn't shut out discussion, you can go and disagree with him all you want, or me, or whomever, but at least you have a place to disagree.

The moment an idea shuts down any chance of rebuttal, of analysis, of counter-pointing, the moment an idea does not lend itself to discussion then that idea becomes dangerous to all free expression. An idea, good or bad, must be open to discussion even if that discussion brings the inevitable trolls, idiots, braggarts, imbeciles, but that's the way of the internet and life, you can't use the excuse of people getting hurt by words to shut down discussion.

And that is why I stand strongly against this new kind of professional victim business and this is also why I have no patience to people like Yougon who instead of entering the discussion, harshly or softly, goes ahead and makes half-assed irony in a desperate attempt to wave away the discussion. As such I replied in kind since it is obvious we won't get anything of value out of him/her/it.

News Comments > Distant Worlds Expansion Announced
2. Re: Distant Worlds Expansion Announced Apr 6, 2013, 16:03 ASeven

I heard this 4x game was a good one, but 100 for the whole package... that's insane. That kind of price is reserved to really hardcore wargame titles with tons of details and mechanics. 100 for a 4x game, either it has to be the best game ever made or I won't bother. Too expensive.  

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 16:01 ASeven

And now I'll be waiting for the next Yaougon diatribe that pretty much equates to: "WAAAAAAAAAAAH people are talking sense in the net and now I much dismiss what people say because I'm a butthurt feminist! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Opinions are hurtful, shut them off, shut them off, shut them off!"  

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 15:55 ASeven

NKD wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 15:44:
ASeven wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 14:54:
And here's a great rebuttal from an actual girl. Shock, horror!

Kind of a weak video. Points out flaws in that other video, but without putting forth any kind of solution, or even addressing whether or not there's an issue.

It's like a procedural critique rather than an actual counter-point. This girl never claims that there is, or isn't an issue that needs correcting. She also falls into the same trap as Anita Sarkeesian by focusing too much on two specific characters.

That's why point-by-point rebuttals are argumentatively weak. They miss the big picture. She didn't actually put forth any evidence that says that Anita is barking up the wrong tree, just that her arguments were not that strong. But neither are this girls. She gets her point across in an eloquent manner, but she doesn't actually make that strong of a point to begin with.

It's really a simple issue anyway. There isn't any overt, intentional sexism going on. It's just a lack of imagination. White male heterosexual game developers are going to make games that appeal to, and are largely about, white male heterosexual protagonists. That's who they identify strongest with, and who will first come to mind when creating a character. They have no motivation to create anything else, since no one is calling for a change.

As far as the Damsel in Distress goes, again, it's not sexism but lack of imagination. Games in general don't stray from the basic story tropes of yesteryear. The Damsel in Distress, the Mad Scientist, the Kid Hero, the Supervillain with no real motivations other than just being the best villain he can be. That many of these tropes are sexist is coincidental.

Now, that's not to say there isn't an issue here. But the issue isn't intentional sexism, it's boring cliche writing.

But the issue IS something that warrants some change: The industry shouldn't branch out to appease feminists. They should branch out to attract more customers. They've hit the cap on white male heterosexuals 18-35. It's time to maybe think about expanding their customer base instead of continually milking the rest of us for more and more cash.

Valid points on the industry in general. However if you want a nice rebuttal, Thunderfoot's videos are great at dismantling the whole modern feminism pseudo-theory, along with a lot of other good videos out there.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 15:54 ASeven

Yaogun wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 15:34:
Oh man you hit it right on the head! There used to be places a man could go. Gaming! Atheism! These were *our* clubs. Places where we were the default like we aren't anywhere else in life. We were the gatekeepers!

And look at them now. I share your pain, my fearless gender equality warrior bro. Look at them now! Now people have the nerve to TURN OFF COMMENTS ON A POST. That's pure CENSORSHIP! Why isn't everyone else angry about this?

At least we have each other. Those of us with thick skins who aren't professional victims need to take up arms and write long diatribes about these 'miserable sacks of shit' and bring up unrelated causes on web sites!

And here we have an example of an idiot that doesn't take the time to actually read anything but just talk out of his ass. Congrats, you win idiot of the day award. BTW, whiteknighting these professional victims won't get you laid, you know?

You're the perfect example of a feminist, unable to argue the validity of the modern theory and instead acting like a victim or trying to dismiss anything that goes against your dear victimization with idiotic irony.

Here's a tip for you, chum: Get educated and actually start reading facts instead of diarrhea spouted by professional web victims.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 15:10 ASeven

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 15:08:
ASeven wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 14:54:

That video had a disturbing lack of titties!!1

There, here's some bouncing titties for you.

News Comments > Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans
6. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 15:01 ASeven

A friend of mine, a BF3 fanboi unfortunately, wasn't aware of the new BF4 footage. When I showed it to him he said he was now quite excited for this new expansion for BF3.

Knowing that DICE lied throughout the development of BF3, lied after BF3 was released, was slow in making patches and even so they didn't fix half the problems of BF3, knowing that DICE doesn't care about cheaters in their own game and allows them to roam free in BF3, only a fucking imbecile will pre-order BF4. DICE has done nothing to earn our money, if anything they have done a lot to not earn any money, ever.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 14:54 ASeven

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 14:48 ASeven

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 14:26:
I call this new breed of feminists... -> fembots

to clearly distinguish that it is not an attack on REAL sexism issues. But rather on the hilarious thin skinned modern professional (web) victims that indeed make sure we all get aggressive over this topic.

And let me be clear, fembots means both men and women who do this. This 2nd breed of "feminists" has absolutely NO INTENTION of equalizing genders. Their only goal is self-fulfillment by control, denouncement, censorship and oppression.

So what are fembots? Women who claim that microphones on conferences are somehow modified to make their voice appear "screachy". I am not making that up. 1:1 translation of a post by a women that circulated in Germany's Pirate Party web-bubble. The same women who runs the circle of gender equalization at the party. So you can know what you get there. 100% bullshit, 0% actual feminist issues solved.

This 2nd type of feminists really pisses me off too. If putting them down is sexist, then MEH, I don't care ;p

I am for gender equalization. Not for thought equalization.

Well spoken. I am more straight to the point and call these new breed of men and women as feminazis and femistasis, because those two words aptly describe their goals, to silence anyone they don't agree with, or that offends them.

The sad thing is that people like the guy below who has no idea what he's talking about would do much good to view videos that deconstructs this new feminism with facts and facts alone, and then all that is left remaining after all the pseudo-bullshit these professional victims shout is just a plan to censor and control everything they don't agree with. I am all for equality, I fought and fight for actual gender equality since, unlike these professional victims I actually do stuff in real life to further the cause of gender equality, however I am against censorship, oppression of free expression and free thought just because someone on the internet was offended by a post. Grow a fucking skin, you miserable sacks of shit.

This new breed of feminism is poisoning atheism like nothing I've seen before. They have attached to atheism like parasites and are effectively destroying atheism and all their communities, a thing that not even any religious group ever was able to do. But this is a discussion for another time and place.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 14:37 ASeven

Yaogun wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 14:34:
Yeah! Those chicks just need thicker skins! I mean, I've never been the target of that level of hatred because, hey, I'm a privileged dude on the internet (HIGH FIVE BRO!). But that just must mean I've got the thickest skin EVER. See, I've got this whole feminism thing figured out. I mean, a bunch of dudes on the internet told me about it, and let's be honest is there a better way to learn about feminism? Game, set, match! There's NO WAY! In fact I'm SO sure I know what it's like that I'll explain it to you! Thank god you all have me!

You You're an idiot to believe in what you wrote . <- The point you missed.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 13:39 ASeven

killer_roach wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 13:27:
ASeven wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 13:11:
Exactly. The double-standard is sickening.

"I am not willing to let this post become yet another platform for the people who wish to silence this debate."

Therefore his solution is to silence the debate. Amazing!

"Open debate" is never about open debate. It's about one side getting to say whatever they want and the other being forbidden to. People want to be thought of as bold and courageous, but at the same time want to be protected from the consequences of their own decisions.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you reap what you sow or you admit that you're a coward that craves a level of attention that your merits do not deserve.

Indeed. Without wanting to open a can of worms here, I consider there exists two types of feminism. The first type is the real feminism, the one fighting for equality between women and men, fighting for equality of all, and the second type this new breed of PC feminism, where people play the part of modern professional victims, using the pseudo-social term of patriarchy. These people who are so PC, have so much of a thin skin, want to censor everyone in the name of "feminism". This article is an example, they want people to discuss and speak up and yet close discussion. This is the internet, people will always be trolls, harsh, idiots. You either grow a skin or try to censor people from expressing opinions, no matter how stupid they are, and this second option not only is deeply wrong, it's what they are now trying to do, because they're professional victims that get offended by the slightest thing, and I mean slightest.

As much as I disagree with Thunderfoot in different points, he has been spot on in denouncing this new breed of "feminism", which has more to do with controlling and censoring free expression than actually fighting for equality between genders.

Here's a good video explaining how rotten this modern "feminism" is and how far it is from actual feminism: http://youtu.be/95LG9crl3yo

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 13:17 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 13:15:
Hey, look, white cisgendered males already acting as expected!

Hey, look, Beamer being an idiot. Again!

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 13:11 ASeven

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 13:10:
I like how he wants people to "speak out" and yet the comments are closed.

Exactly. The double-standard is sickening.

"I am not willing to let this post become yet another platform for the people who wish to silence this debate."

Therefore his solution is to silence the debate. Amazing!

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 13:08 ASeven

Let's start a fire!

http://youtu.be/QJeX6F-Q63I

News Comments > Morning Interviews
43. Re: Evening Q&As Apr 3, 2013, 18:01 ASeven

nin wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 17:17:
Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 17:16:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 17:05:
saluk wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 15:53:
KS wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 15:15:
Can I use a mouse and keyboard in 3D games? Or am I limited to a console controller, which is like limiting a surgeon to boxing gloves?

Ah, who am I kidding? Even with mouse, you're still limited to a handful of powers and CLICK RIGHT TRIGGER FAST TO BREAK FEEE CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK IT CLICK WEEEE WE'RE HAVING FUN NOW!

If I sound furious like I want to murder people, yes.

I want to break free

Oh how I want to be free.

But life still goes on.

Creston

I don't want to live alone...

God knows got to make it on my own.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
24. Re: Evening Q&As Apr 3, 2013, 13:18 ASeven

Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 12:29:
Approximately one week after the PS4/720 are out, Epic's monkeys will be back to their "TEH PC IS PIRATEZ! FUCK TEH PC!" rhetoric.

They're the most predictable clowns in gaming history.

At least it won't be Cliffy B spouting that crap. But that crap will be spouted, no doubt about that.

4014 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo