Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4125 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2
30. Re: Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2 Jul 11, 2013, 14:32 ASeven

Jerykk wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 12:42:
There's a big difference between a publisher and a distributor. A publisher funds actual development and thus has a significant amount of creative input. A distributor merely distributes the game and has no creative input because they aren't paying for development. If Deep Silver has agreed to handle QA and localization for inXile, that's a pretty good deal. RPGs need a lot of testing and most developers don't have the resources to handle that. Ditto with localization.

Quoting this for truth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
53. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:54 ASeven

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:51:
ASeven wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:40:
3:45, the van crashing against the wall. That looks a lot like PhysX, doesn't it? And that means the footage could be on the PC.

Then again, I'm probably hoping too much.

They use Euphoria for physics and it's been in some of their past console games already. The trailer does not look like a PC at all to me, it's well edited and the game looks good but not uprezzed + 4xMSAA good.

Ah true enough, forgot about their own engine. Still, one can hope against hope.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
50. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:40 ASeven

3:45, the van crashing against the wall. That looks a lot like PhysX, doesn't it? And that means the footage could be on the PC.

Then again, I'm probably hoping too much.

News Comments > Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned?
10. Re: Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned? Jul 1, 2013, 11:10 ASeven

As a reminder, this game had the infamous always-online DRM, like SimCity and C&C4, so if they can't play this game it means they'll never be able to, ever, since it's online-only for a mostly singleplayer game.  

News Comments > Steam Trading Cards Launch
15. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 18:49 ASeven

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 18:25:
they are starting to lose customers in droves, im one who has left. So to help slow down the exit lane, they try and lock you in to shopping here, with this bs collecting crap.... its pretty sad....

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch
9. Re: BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch Jun 26, 2013, 11:59 ASeven

This game looks and feels like an expansion to BF3 and not a full sequel.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2013, 12:47 ASeven

Meanwhile Donald Trump suggests Snowden be killed to cut costs.

Shit's getting ridiculous. Snowden did the right thing to flee.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
19. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2013, 13:02 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 12:41:
I never said it was right. I specifically said "doesn't make it better." It may even make it worse.

But you called it illegal. Illegal isn't subjective, it's objective. If there's no law forbidding something, then it is not illegal. It may not be right, such as this case, but it isn't illegal. Running around calling it such just hinders your argument, because the counterargument is just "it isn't illegal, and here's why" and suddenly you've lost your point.

Argue that it's an outrage and should be illegal. Don't yell "it's illegal" unless you can point to the law that says it as such.

That Techdirt article is good. It basically says what I said here in that, what's worse, is that they didn't need to change laws to do this. That Techdirt article, though, kind of proves my argument that this wasn't illegal.

That isn't defending it, it's just trying to get people to use the correct argument.

It's a great Techdirt article. But I live in one of the countries in the EU that (if what has been brought to public is true) appears to have been the target of NSA's PRISM. From my standpoint, it is illegal because the laws in this country make it so. It may be legal in the US, doesn't make it legal in the countries where they spied on citizens.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2013, 12:45 ASeven

Prez wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 12:34:
I just can't help but find it ironic that Snowden fled the U.S. to go to Communist China and (Communist-in-all-but-name) Russia. I think he would have been better off staying here in the U.S. He is going to have tons of sympathy from a huge number of Americans - it's doubtful to my mind that he would be charged with treason, since that isn't what he commited by definition. He violated a legally-binding signed non-disclosure clause, but that isn't treason.

A name: Bradley Manning. He saw what happened to Manning, it would likely happen to Snowden as well had he not run, of this I have no doubt. Or what would happen to Assange, no matter how much of an asshat he is.

The US, in the last two presidents, Bush Jr and Obama, have erased so many civil liberties and rights that I no longer mock (much) people saying the US is slowly turning into a police state. What's been happening in the US since 2001 is making the country turn into an Orwellian nightmare.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2013, 12:41 ASeven

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:29:
By the way.. obviously China and Russia spy just as much. They just don't claim they are the paragons of civil liberty like the US does.

But yeah, for China to point the finger at the US about this is BEYOND the pot calling the kettle black.

The irony is that this NSA crap stinks so bad that even China dares to point a finger at the US, even if China is anything but a paragon of human rights and civil liberties. Then again, neither is Russia, the US, the EU, pretty much every fucking country under the sky.

News Comments > Steam Cards Leave Beta - Summer Sale Hint?
7. Re: Steam Cards Leave Beta - Summer Sale Hint? Jun 24, 2013, 12:38 ASeven

Steam sales?

http://i.minus.com/iU2Y8bZWjrrA2.png

17. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2013, 12:37 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:36:
Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 08:57:
I don't really understand the hero worship, looking at what they were actually collecting surprised me because I had assumed it would be much worse based on all of the press coverage. They were doing it legally from what I can tell too, just not with a lot of public awareness. The public will forget anyways when the next celebrity dies so I think this whole thing will be in vain.

Yup, it 100% looks legal, which is why I don't get ASeven't comment. I haven't followed it closely, but it appears to be entirely legal.

Which doesn't make it better, but the outrage of "he uncovered the most illegal thing our government is doing" isn't at all correct.

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. The law is not always right, in fact it's often wrong. Considering NSA may have spied on foreign countries, from where I'm standing they did something illegal, and even if it's legal within the US it sure as fuck ain't right.

I refer you to this article.

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 15:47 ASeven

That Snowden is now being persecuted of spying when he exposed one of the most illegal crap the US government has done since Watergate tells a lot about how bad the US are right now in respecting human rights.  

News Comments > Skulls Of The Shogun & Windows 8 Follow-up
5. Re: Skulls Of The Shogun & Windows 8 Follow-up Jun 20, 2013, 12:30 ASeven

Sharing the sentiment with Creston. They knew what they were getting in, they deserve no sympathy. When you deal with the devil you deserve all you get.  

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2013, 04:19 ASeven

Damn, terrible news, he was an awesome actor.

RIP James

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
42. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 18:24 ASeven

They had no chance, they were forced to do this or risk seeing their console be steamrolled by the PS4. Hell, I'm pretty sure they did this after seeing their own pre-order numbers plummet after the PS4 announcement.

Still, it'll be amusing to see what all those guys, like the one who said to get a 360 to play offline, have to say now. The spin will be hilarious. And I think a lot of gamers will not come back to the xbox after all this debacle.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2013, 12:05 ASeven

I like this reply on their own page:

"I agree with William and Joe, skipping the NPD numbers, in the biggest crisis since 83 looks like the site thinks they doesn't want to bother their readers with reality and construct a fluffy bubble for them instead. This month retail software sales are down 44% to the lowest level since May 2000 and this I is the moment Gamasutra stops reporting the NPD numbers?

Nobody in the industry thinks that digital sales are as important for revenues right now, as retail sales are. At least not in the console space, that is the financial motor of the industry, regardless, if you like this part of the industry or don't.
It looks even more strange, that Gamasutra plans to continue using NPD hardware numbers, this looks like cherry picking and it leaves me with the question, if Gamasutra will skip these numbers too, if they don't look pleasant enough.

Besides I don't see why it should be a flaw, that the numbers are US only, of course they are, last time I checked, the US where a big single territory for video games with some importance. Madden NFL simply doesn't sell outside the US, nonetheless it's a big title and Microsoft is currently preparing a console, by many considered as being US centric,, but I think Gamasutra won't skip reports about Madden or the Xbox One. "

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month
4. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 12:04 ASeven

No inventory, no loot, only one magic class, amongst a ton of stripped features.

This game no longer holds the sway it held with me.

News Comments > No BF4 Mod Support
4. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 13, 2013, 21:25 ASeven

And don't forget that there's a good chance this game will have microtransactions.  

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
3. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 16:53 ASeven

Pass the popcorn, please.  

4125 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo