Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4145 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access and Demo
11. Re: Next Car Game Early Access and Demo Dec 24, 2013, 06:49 ASeven

Amongst the most fun I've had this year, and the bloody thing is still pre-alpha!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2013, 08:14 ASeven

So... kill all whistleblowers then. That's truly fucked up, Snowden was right to flee the US.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
61. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 16:13 ASeven

This should be fun to watch. Pass the popcorn, nin.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
24. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 10, 2013, 09:45 ASeven

I've got a feeling that DICE is burning too many bridges at this point and that BF5 will have quite a low amount of sales. Nobody will trust them at this point.

And apparently, the supernova has returned in that new DLC. From the vídeos I've seen, it's pretty hard to look at the screen when you face the sun. Makes me wonder if anyone at DICE has learned anything at all from past mistakes.

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
203. Re: CONSUME Dec 10, 2013, 09:43 ASeven

nin wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 09:20:
Wow, you guys kinda slacked on the crazy overnight...at least compared to earlier.

My dented forehead appreciates the slack on the crazy.

106. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 15:18 ASeven

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 15:15:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 15:03:
I see the crazy is neck deep in this thread.

It seems inevitable, really.

My poor, poor forehead. The facepalms have put a dent to it.

105. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 15:17 ASeven

The amount of facepalming in this thread has hit catastrophic levels for my forehead.

Also, there are people who defend NSA, even in this thread. There's indeed no hope for humanity if there's even a single individual with a single functional braincell defending the shit NSA is doing.

News Comments > Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming?
19. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 4, 2013, 11:54 ASeven

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 10:20:
I was laughing my ass off yesterday seeing the Worldwide OS break down on Ars Technica.
Keep it up Microsoft, you are doing an awesome job at pushing people to use other OS, or stick with the old ones.
I really hope Steam OS will be good.

Yeap, MS really fucked up with 8, more than Vista I dare say, from a business point of view. The adoption rates are pathetic to say the very least and I'm glad they are, 8 is an abomination. Question now is, will Win9 go back to what made 7 great or will it simply be another continuation of the Win8 design choices.

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
9. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 11:51 ASeven

DICE showing once again they have become nothing more than a shitty developer. This is one major clusterfuck of a release and I dare say it rivals SimCity with its ongoing issues and woes.

So glad I swore off DICE after BC2.

News Comments > Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch
12. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 12:55 ASeven

This is the game D3 hoped to be. This, T2 and soon Grim Dawn will make up for quite some ARPG goodness that was robbed from us by publishers.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
54. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 13:55 ASeven

So very very sorry, RIP Hudson. Cry  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2013, 05:19 ASeven

Sorry for your loss, Blue.  

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2013, 05:25 ASeven

Sho wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 04:43:
As for the "Sarkeesian has been caught lying" thing: I actually don't know anything about that. If it's true then it's certainly a relevant fact about her person, though I'm not sure how relevant it is with regard to her videos. I watch her videos because I'm interested in the arguments they put forward, which I can then form my own opinion on and do my own research on -- let's say I'm fairly confident in my ability to do that. You're welcome to provide additional information on this if you feel it's relevant to the discourse, though. I'll have a look.

The video of her lying has been posted below, and it does change everything she says since in the KS she said she had an extensive gaming background and in truth she admits she doesn't like playing games and never plays it. Therefore all her background about being knowledgeable of games is put into serious question and that is the basis of her videos and campaign to begin with.

As for other info, this guy does a great job of debunking every single point of her videos, even if I personally dislike him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJeX6F-Q63I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGAvjwQPCHE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_O1R7Zq9EI

And he's just one guy compared to the many people, men and women, who have thoroughly debunked Sarkeesian videos.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2013, 04:36 ASeven

Sho wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 03:56:
ASeven wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 03:46:
(Nobody can convince me, for example, that making the role of women better in videogames will make the lives of women better anywhere)

I like games. I think my life is more enjoyable for the time I spend gaming - largely, anyway. I think it'd be nice if more women could say the same, and I think making interesting female characters more widespread in games might help with that. It also happens to be a win-win scenario for me: As a man, I like stories featuring interesting women, and right now, they're fairly rare. I also like spending time with women, so it'd be nice if there were more female gamers.

None of that means Sarkeesian has all the answers or a patent recipe for how to make all women happy - women are diverse, after all, and Sarkeesian also has plenty of female critics. But as a stepping stone for further debate I still think her videos have purpose.

Now, it's true that her tone is a bit antagonistic, and I agree she might serve that purpose better if it weren't. But you know, I visit gaming sites - can't say I'm not used to looking past hot temper.

Again, how does this help the real problems of women getting killed, abused, hurt for being women? It does not, in any way. In fact it detracts from it by painting a picture of feminism being about first-world problems, which videogames tropes absolutely is.

Want to help women? Ingress on Amnesty International and start doing your bit, like I do. These first world problems and the fact Sarkeesian has been caught lying, which makes me amazed at how people still defend this liar, help in no way making the world a better place for women. It only makes you feel better because you think you might be helping some cause. You aren't helping anything.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2013, 03:46 ASeven

Here's why this brand of "feminism" gets no respect from me, unlike real Feminism.

Real Feminism has always been about equality between genders and making the world a better place for women, and by that I mean making a world where women aren't killed because of traditions and honor killings, thrown acid at because they said something someone didn't like, abused because of religious or cast laws, etc. This is what real Feminism fights against, against outright abuse of women and making the world a better place where women and men are viewed as equal, regardless of laws, religion, casts and skin color.

This brand of "feminism" however, instead of fighting for those goals, spends its time fighting to get attention, fighting battles that make no fucking change in the world regarding making it better for women (Nobody can convince me, for example, that making the role of women better in videogames will make the lives of women better anywhere), and simply playing the professional victim card time and again, all the while trying to stifle free speech and opinions in order to empower themselves at the expense of others.

That isn't what Feminism is about, it never was. It wasn't about being a professional victim that gets offended by videogames, or something written on a shirt, or trying to change immutable biological laws. It was and is about fighting against real abuses perpetrated against women.

This brand of feminism is doing more harm to real Feminism than anything in the past 50 years. People are starting to associate feminists with these people and that is not good, for anyone.

News Comments > No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals
27. Re: No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals Nov 19, 2013, 09:19 ASeven

The retardness of EA knows no bounds!  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2013, 09:18 ASeven

After she was exposed as a liar who didn't play vídeo games in her youth at all, after all her vídeos were easily debunked since they are made up with pointless rhethoric, pseudo-science BS... she still goes at it. Amazing.

No doubt the usual professional victim defenders will pipe in here though.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 8, 2013, 12:15 ASeven

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 10:38:
Well deserved 9.0 for PoE on gamespot

Agreed. It has come quite a way to the brilliant state it is today. Superior to Diablo 3 in every aspect.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2013, 15:14 ASeven

The details on the email about how Steam works regarding the sales is also interesting. Someone is going to get shitlisted by Valve though.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Kickstarter
2. Re: Next Car Game Kickstarter Nov 2, 2013, 11:31 ASeven

Already pre-ordered this one the moment it went for sale on their site. I love Destruction Derby and Flatout and since this is Bugbear doing this, it kind of makes sense to support this one if you enjoy DD type games.  

4145 Comments. 208 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo