Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4145 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Banished
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Banished Feb 19, 2014, 13:54 ASeven

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:55:
It looks nice, but is that all you can build? Simple houses and such? It seemed they only had like four or five different things to build.

The snow effects are very cool, though.

You can build quite a few things, actually, but the focus of the game is not in building a huge village but rather a balanced village that can survive famine and winter and cold and plague and a lot of nasty stuff. It's SimCity3 if it was focused solely on the survival of the city.

Personally, I'm loving the game. It has some Dwarf Fortress levels of complexity in the interactions happening in the game. I believe this game will make my top 5 games of 2014 easily.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
28. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 13:12 ASeven

Wow, what an utterly disgusting attitude from the part of the publisher.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
77. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 12:23 ASeven

My view of early alpha is this, basically it's like a kickstarter where you get a product immediately instead of waiting. Simply put, if I like the developer, the plan, the idea their pitching after I've done a lot of research about it then I'll be glad to help them fund the game.

However I also agree with what most people have against early alpha. A good start in making early alpha a more solid business model would be to have, in each game's page, a very thorough description from the devs about the game, their plans, etc, much like you find in the average KS project. That would be a good first step.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 13:18 ASeven

I'll also chime for Insurgency. Very fun FPS, very tactical, teamwork is a must. Perhaps the best FPS I've played in a long time, it may not pack the graphics but it packs the gameplay and feel in droves.  

News Comments > Metacritic Analysis
10. Re: Metacritic Analysis Jan 20, 2014, 13:32 ASeven

This study is more a condemnation of horrible "gaming journalism" more than it is of metacritic. Creston is 100% on the spot.  

News Comments > Incognita Renamed Invisible, Inc.; New Alpha Trailer
5. Re: Incognita Renamed Invisible, Inc.; New Alpha Trailer Jan 18, 2014, 07:59 ASeven

LanikTnt wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 07:15:
They should have called it Team Fortress: Invisible given the blatant rip off of the art style.

... What?

News Comments > Rambo the Video Game Trailer
16. Re: Rambo the Video Game Trailer Jan 18, 2014, 07:57 ASeven

WTF did I just see?  

News Comments > Midwinter Remake Plans
4. Re: Midwinter Remake Plans Jan 11, 2014, 14:34 ASeven

A game way, way ahead of its time, along with its sequel and spiritual "threequel".

Maybe with the technology of today we can finally do the game justice.

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 11:25 ASeven

nin wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 11:18:
Slick's account is still active. And frankly, I always thought he came off sounding more like an asshole (which is why I flagged him for ignore) than this guy. This guy seems more...I don't know, amateur?

You have to say though, the writing style, atrocious grammar and the emphasis on certain words by using capital letters is very close to Slick. Also, being a brain-dead EA fanboy.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 09:56 ASeven

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 08:24:
Wintyr seems to be a parody identity, like good ol' Jeff K. If it's for real, I have zero doubt that this tool yells "Wintyr is coming!" at the start of every match, thinking he's clever.

Wintyr, your abominable grammar IS a problem. The instant you prove you don't even understand the language you're using, everything you say is considered idiotic, even if you were revealing the cure for cancer.

Damn, I fell for it. No way that's a real person.

Pretty sure Wintyr is Slick. Compare both users' grammar and writing style.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 05:46 ASeven

Oh how nice, Slick is back. Same bad grammar, same idiotic arguments, same fallacies, same emphasis on some words using caps, same terrible shilling.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 14:56 ASeven

How the fuck did that zhinto fellow got the job? I mean, that tweet reeks of him being very unprofessional and stupid.

Then again, when even ex-DICE devs tell him to shut up then you know he's a dead weight.

Glad to see DICE getting all the shit from everywhere, they deserve every single bit of it.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
74. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 12:03 ASeven

Seems Steam is down once again. Maybe this will finally be the impetus for Valve to get better servers.  

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
49. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 19:47 ASeven

And it's down again.  

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
34. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 14:32 ASeven

On a slightly related news, the Fallout Collection seems to be gone from Steam as well, or at least you are unable to buy Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics anymore.  

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
20. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 12:48 ASeven

Seems Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 was also removed from digital shops.  

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
80. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 09:12 ASeven

Also we now have this worrying news.  

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
77. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 08:17 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 06:53:
@ Jerykk, I agree with pretty much everything you said, but Ladron's got a point: Steam is a defacto monopoly, and that's problematic. A benevolent dictator is still a dictator. I have 270 games on the system, and I love its features, but it's scarily dominant. I spent most of this year avoiding buying games on Steam, instead buying them on Gamefly and Humble. As the year went on, more and more games from those platforms included or required Steam keys. Valve has PC gaming by the balls, and so far they've been gentle. But I'd prefer my balls to be in no one's hands. Keeps me from being locked in, or losing all my marbles if the monopoly sells out or goes belly up. I lost access to a lot of games when D2D sold out to Gamefly. If Steam did that, it would be a nightmare.

Completely agree with this. Steam has done wonders for PC gaming but it is, for all matters, a monopoly, and monopolies are never good for any market. The problem, has was pointed out, is that no other stores offer as much service and value as Steam does right now but I do hope this changes in the future. Monopolies are never good and they tend to screw people sooner or later and Valve won't be any different in that regard.

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
7. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 12:32 ASeven

Wolfox wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 11:57:
ASeven wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 11:37:
Terrible bad fortune for them, hopefully they rebound well. I bet we'll see a kickstarter for No Man's Land soon enough.

Was that an intentional pun on the game's title (which is "No Man's Sky"), or just a mistake?

Damn, it was an honest mistake. Didn't notice it until you pointed it out for me.

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
5. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 11:37 ASeven

Terrible bad fortune for them, hopefully they rebound well. I bet we'll see a kickstarter for No Man's Land soon enough.  

4145 Comments. 208 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo