Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4166 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight
76. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 22, 2014, 01:41 ASeven

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 23:12:

His complaint is that others, by buying products they enjoy, are not shaping the market to his desires. If that isn't entitlement, then what is?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2014, 02:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 17:30 ASeven

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 17:25:
ASeven wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 17:22:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 16:46:
"Consequences it might do to the market"? Oh, do go on. This should be good for a laugh. What consequence is this game going to have that aren't perfectly ameliorated by the simple procedure I described in my post (JUST DON'T BUY IT!)?

This type of reply only shows you have really no idea what you're talking about, do you?

If I don't buy something, others might, something that seems to have not entered your flawed logic. And if others buy the game it shapes the market. If a game with draconian DRM sells a lot it will send a message to publishers, regardless if I bought it or not. And regardless if I bought it or not I will voice my displeasure about consumer rights being throttled due to draconian DRM. That's just one example of all the shit Ubisoft, and the gaming industry, keeps pulling on us.

Then again I'm starting to think you really have no idea of what you're talking about based on your continued flawed logic.
So what if someone else buys something you're not happy with! Publishers are in business to make money, and as long as enough people are happy enough with their products to pay for them, what does it matter what you, me, or any other one person thinks of them?

Oh boy, I can see I'm wasting time talking to you. Holy crap this flawed logic of yours.

46. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 17:24 ASeven

Quboid wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 16:55:
ASeven wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 16:40:
Are you subtly implying that anyone who doesn't buy a game doesn't have an opinion about it and about its consequences it might do to the market?

I don't think he knows it, but he's implying that the right to not buy a game is the only consumer right we've ever had (if that's what we're left with after giving up 0 rights). This is not true.

Yeah, sad really. There really are people out there like him that have this mentality. Sad and terrible for all consumers.

45. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 17:22 ASeven

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 16:46:
"Consequences it might do to the market"? Oh, do go on. This should be good for a laugh. What consequence is this game going to have that aren't perfectly ameliorated by the simple procedure I described in my post (JUST DON'T BUY IT!)?

This type of reply only shows you have really no idea what you're talking about, do you?

If I don't buy something, others might, something that seems to have not entered your flawed logic. And if others buy the game it shapes the market. If a game with draconian DRM sells a lot it will send a message to publishers, regardless if I bought it or not. And regardless if I bought it or not I will voice my displeasure about consumer rights being throttled due to draconian DRM. That's just one example of all the shit Ubisoft, and the gaming industry, keeps pulling on us.

Then again I'm starting to think you really have no idea of what you're talking about based on your continued flawed logic.

38. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 16:40 ASeven

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 16:32:
ASeven wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 16:24:
So... wanting to be treated with respect as a customer and not be bullshited before and after we buy a game is now entitlement.

Entitlement my ass!

You guys are the entitled ones to think we have to listen to your bullshit opinion and give up basic consumer rights just because publishers think we're walking wallets without brains, and you people eat this bullshit all the way and spew it everywhere.

Ubisoft has treated PC gamers as second class citizens and still does. From Watch Dogs locked PC features to Uplay always crashing and preventing people from playing and Ubisoft doing shit to fix this time and again. I don't think anyone here is in favor of any kind of piracy and yet we are still using the same old stupid fallacy of painting every PC gamer as pirates and that it's our fault for this only shows you either have an agenda to say such shit or you're just plain stupid.

As someone said, the only reason people might be defending Ubisoft is either if they're trolls, idiots or shills or a combination of the 3.
Actually, no, you don't have to give up basic consumer rights! You still have the most important one at all - the right to decline to purchase. If Ubisoft puts out a product you don't want, and you choose not to give them your money, then they can do exactly zero harm to you.

Are you subtly implying that anyone who doesn't buy a game doesn't have an opinion about it and about its consequences it might do to the market?

35. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 16:24 ASeven

So... wanting to be treated with respect as a customer and not be bullshited before and after we buy a game is now entitlement.

Entitlement my ass!

You guys are the entitled ones to think we have to listen to your bullshit opinion and give up basic consumer rights just because publishers think we're walking wallets without brains, and you people eat this bullshit all the way and spew it everywhere.

Ubisoft has treated PC gamers as second class citizens and still does. From Watch Dogs locked PC features to Uplay always crashing and preventing people from playing and Ubisoft doing shit to fix this time and again. I don't think anyone here is in favor of any kind of piracy and yet we are still using the same old stupid fallacy of painting every PC gamer as pirates and that it's our fault for this only shows you either have an agenda to say such shit or you're just plain stupid.

As someone said, the only reason people might be defending Ubisoft is either if they're trolls, idiots or shills or a combination of the 3.

11. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 21, 2014, 11:55 ASeven

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 11:52:
Then why is the PC Master Race pirating their products in the first place? If you guys don't see value in what they're producing, then why spend time on them?

You guys? Speak for yourself.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
44. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:23 ASeven

My wallet, it be bleedin'...  

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
20. Re: RE: Follow up Jun 19, 2014, 04:24 ASeven

That This is Phil Fish video is a pretty good one and hits the points quite well.

Fish is still an asshole though.

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2014, 04:22 ASeven

This new brand of feminism is more about playing the professional victim and trying to change inconsequential things rather than going for the real problems women face in the world today, from the abuse they suffer in countries where religion law is prominent to forced marriages to equality in work salaries and distribution. That was what real feminism was and is about, this new brand is nothing more than first world problems that don't solve shit and serve nothing more than to play the victim card whenever someone says something that they don't like.

Such a shame so many people still buy and eat all this shit, instead of actually working towards an equal society all over the world.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
15. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 11:34 ASeven

Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:18:
I didn't really enjoy this, spent a few hours with it on the weekend. I like BF games in general but this feels like a weird mishmash of BF mechanics with other subgenres and sits in a strange spot as a result.

Would this be the best way to describe what you feel?

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 09:36 ASeven

Nothing more than a total conversion mod with all the bugs from BF3 and BF4 and obviously EA is asking full price for this crap.

http://i.imgur.com/WfVDNGc.gif

News Comments > SCS Software Dev vs Valve
17. Re: SCS Software Dev vs Valve Jun 17, 2014, 07:54 ASeven

Quboid wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 18:13:
hello newman wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 17:47:
I wonder if Blue would ban an account that pulled that on bluesnews.com ...

Hmm, good question.

A duck wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 17:47
uack quack![/quote:

I broke the board! Muahahahaha!

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
49. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 07:53 ASeven

Did he just call any future buyer of his game freeloaders??  

8. Re: SCS Software Dev vs Valve Jun 16, 2014, 14:21 ASeven

Trevellian wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 13:40:
ASeven wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:09:
https://twitter.com/GranPC/status/478554937111371776

Apparently, the vulnerability isn't even fixed.

I find this to be an abuse of power from Valve. It's never good to have an almost monopoly of a market, in this case PC games digital distribution, because shit like this will happen.

But... they don't have a Monopoly. Origin, which everyone loves to hate on for no reason other than existing, exists.

No they don't, but the market is pretty much an oligopoly with Steam being the dominant supplier.

2. Re: SCS Software Dev vs Valve Jun 16, 2014, 12:09 ASeven

https://twitter.com/GranPC/status/478554937111371776

Apparently, the vulnerability isn't even fixed.

I find this to be an abuse of power from Valve. It's never good to have an almost monopoly of a market, in this case PC games digital distribution, because shit like this will happen.

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible
11. Re: Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible Jun 12, 2014, 12:23 ASeven

"This game is optimized for 30 fps on PC."

Holy shit, he said this with a serious tone.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
10. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 12:22 ASeven

So they are selling what is in fact a total conversion mod as a full game? Right, Battlefield has gone the way of CoD.  

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
15. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 14:25 ASeven

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:19:
including system specifications that start at 6MB RAM

My old Packard-Bell is all set!

My Amiga 4000 is all set! Wait...

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Steam Plans?
6. Re: Dead Rising 3 Steam Plans? Jun 5, 2014, 08:02 ASeven

Game didn't sell enough?? Quick, make a rush port to the PC to grab more cash despite our claims of exclusivity!

Not that I really mind, Dead Rising 2 was one of my guilty pleasures.

4166 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo