Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3962 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
16. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 21:33 ASeven

NKD wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:32:
ASeven wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:10:
This is the beginning of the end for MS as a relevant company, calling it right here.

So when can I call you on being wrong? Never? because "beginning of the end" is so vague as to mean nothing? Let's put a year on it. When does MS go out of business?

There's a palpable difference between not being relevant anymore and going out of business. I infered the first, you thought I meant the second.

As for a year, it all depends on 2 things, if they can make win8 attractive in the least, and if the new xbox doesn't turn to be as bad as it's looking. If both things don't happen though, within 4 or 5 years MS will no longer be the behemoth it is today. As was said here, they are no longer too big to fail, like Nintendo no longer is, like Sony no longer is.

A perfect storm may be forming, the conditions for it sure are all in place.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PCs This Summer
1. Re: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PCs This Summer May 22, 2013, 20:12 ASeven

About god damn time!  

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
3. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 20:10 ASeven

The fact is that MS gets their money from the Windows and Office divisions, their entertainment division has been a money sink from the start. Now they alienate not only PC gamers but console gamers as well. Mark my words, MS is about to come down, hard. They do not have the money to withstand a failure of both the Windows front and the Entertainment front, MS is no longer the behemoth it was in financial terms.

This is the beginning of the end for MS as a relevant company, calling it right here.

News Comments > FIFA 14 PC Using FIFA 13 Engine
8. Re: FIFA 14 PC Using FIFA 13 Engine May 22, 2013, 09:58 ASeven

Ah well, EA being EA, no surprises here.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
39. Re: Evening Consolidation May 22, 2013, 09:12 ASeven

The reason this will fail will be mainly one and only one, the blocking of used games. No matter how sheep and stupid gamers are, I think this is the line they will not cross.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation May 21, 2013, 20:10 ASeven

Redmask wrote on May 21, 2013, 19:49:
Xbox One instantly boots from a rest state.

Glad that the consoles have finally discovered S3 Sleep.

My favorite bit so far was hearing the Giantbomb guys talk about how the audience and press were dumbfounded and that the only people clapping were MS employees in the back.

MS really, really dropped the ball on this one. With Win8 doing abysmally and now this I wouldn't be surprised if real harsh financial times will be the future of MS in the mid-term.

Xbox One may become the disappointment of the decade. Always online, blocking used sales? WTF were they thinking?? No wonder EA dropped the online pass thing to pretend to be the good guys.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
33. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:01 ASeven

Those rumored specs... if true, damn, the cost of producing this console is not going to be low.  

News Comments > Penny Arcade Episode 4 Next Month, Episode 3 Free Today
4. Re: Penny Arcade Episode 4 Free Next Month, Episode 3 Free Today May 20, 2013, 21:26 ASeven

Can't say no to a free game.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews May 20, 2013, 09:30 ASeven

You may ask for sorry as many times as you wish, Dyack, you still won't get my money.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2013, 09:30 ASeven

Reus is such an amazing little game, one of the best god games to come out in a decade. Highly recommended though it isn't for everyone.  

News Comments > Trion Layoffs
23. Re: Trion Layoffs May 18, 2013, 06:33 ASeven

Warskull wrote on May 18, 2013, 03:00:
Creston wrote on May 17, 2013, 23:54:
I've never really ever had that urge to "make games", like so many other gamers do (or claim they do.) If anything, I always figured that if I ever got the say over what kind of game to make, every programmer would quit in disgust over my absurd requirements and list of features that I had to have.

Even so, I could have had the largest hankering in the world to make games, and I'd never go work in the fucking gaming industry. I think the fry cooks at McDonalds get treated with more respect than the unfortunate souls who work in this industry. (a few companies like Valve and Egosoft excepted.)

Why they continue to let themselves be treated this way is baffling...

Creston

It is because there is a perpetual influx of young people who want to make games because they think it will be a fun job. The megapublishers can hire them and pay them peanuts.

The industry in general has an immense disrespect for the people who make the games and a disrespect for talent. It is a major reason why you have so many mediocre games. People with experience all quit because you can't have a family (or life) while working in the industry.

This industry has also become one of the most hostile industries to work with, which by itself is quite a feat. It's a shame that the devs take all this in stride and don't do nothing about the terrible treatment they get at the hand of publishers. The idea of a game devs union wouldn't be too bad considering the appalling work conditions.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed May 15, 2013, 11:58 ASeven

Verno wrote on May 15, 2013, 09:28:
What is a Gamer Horizon? Some cheetos and anime set against a picturesque sunset?

This is the main character:

http://i.imgur.com/ZPUPDON.jpg

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
18. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 11:53 ASeven

Creston wrote on May 15, 2013, 11:42:
KS wrote on May 15, 2013, 11:25:
Wallshadows wrote on May 15, 2013, 10:54:
Being a fan of Republic Commando, I'm interested to see if this is the direction DICE will take since fps/action is their bread and butter.

"A Sith is trying to mind control you. Press RIGHT TRIGGER quickly to resist!"

"Sorry, you failed to resist the Sith Mind Control. Click here to buy the Immunity to Mind Control DLC for only 642.7 DICE Points!"

"Please press the AWESOME button for awesome."

News Comments > Grim Dawn Alpha Tomorrow
19. Re: Grim Dawn Alpha Tomorrow May 15, 2013, 10:35 ASeven

First impressions: Wow.

Second impressions: Fucking wow. And this is only an alpha. I think we potentially have a true classic here.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Alpha Tomorrow
2. Re: Grim Dawn Alpha Tomorrow May 14, 2013, 20:52 ASeven

On the anniversary of D3 the alpha for what could perhaps become the best ARPG of all time comes out.

Oh sweet, sweet irony, how I love thee.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter
6. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter May 14, 2013, 11:06 ASeven

Verno wrote on May 14, 2013, 10:57:
ASeven wrote on May 14, 2013, 10:25:
I haven't followed Eternal Darkness for a while, could someone explain what's up with this Dyack fellow?

Denis Dyack was the owner of Silicon Knights, the makers of games like Eternal Darkness and Too Human. Through mismanagement, arrogance and hubris he basically bankrupted what was a moderately successful developer. First he embarked on a mission to make Too Human for Microsoft Game Studios. After years of building hype it was at best an okay game but was long over due and over budget, Microsoft cancelled the rest of the trilogy. He also sued Epic for supposed breach of contract over the Unreal Engine. They famously lost that lawsuit and it was discovered they had implemented unlicensed UE code into their own offerings, the judge ordered older copies of their games recalled and destroyed. They did an awful job with XMen Destiny in the meantime.

Employees who worked there described a very disorganized and lazy work ethic combined with very hostile internal politics. Dyack would hear no wrong about Too Human and his other personal projects. He also took significant tax subsidies from the Canadian government despite knowing his studio was in significant financial difficulty and had few future prospects.

tl;dr - you do not want to give your money to any company with Dyack involved.

Ah thanks for the info. I wasn't going to give them anything, this only makes sure I'll remember that name if other projects come up.

Also, the KS is going at $38K.

In the meantime, here's a great KS project people should buy into.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter
3. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter May 14, 2013, 10:25 ASeven

I haven't followed Eternal Darkness for a while, could someone explain what's up with this Dyack fellow?  

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals and "Donations"
5. Re: Shadow of the Eternals and May 11, 2013, 20:01 ASeven

nin wrote on May 11, 2013, 16:25:
What a scam...

Indeed. Not returning the donations if the goal isn't met is scummy.

News Comments > Road Redemption Funded
1. Re: Road Redemption Funded May 10, 2013, 12:22 ASeven

This got about $40K overnight. Good for them, I put some money into this one, has promise to be a great Road Rash spiritual sequel.  

3962 Comments. 199 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo