Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4166 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Nov 1, 2014, 05:35 ASeven

BBC Radio News interviews Sargon of Akkad, comes out pretty well. Full interview here.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
51. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 16:51 ASeven

Total Biscuit's interview on the David Pakman show is now up, discusses the lack of journalism ethics in gaming and other topics.  

News Comments > etc.
22. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 13:03 ASeven

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 13:02:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:48:
You seem to be going to great lengths in trying to dismiss the women in the group, which sounds kind of sexist to me.

A common viewpoint among third wave feminists is that any woman who doesn't believe in their particular flavor of feminism is simply so oppressed that she doesn't realize she's oppressed. It's incredibly condescending and demeaning to women.

Which is why many feminists disregard third-wave feminism, it's demeaning to women and encourages them to play the victim instead of empowering themselves. Third-wave feminism is the most toxic thing to ever happen to feminism and equality movements.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 12:47 ASeven

From a post in the Escapist forums, about Colbert:

"Here was the entire tone of the interview:

HA HA HA NERDS! LOOK AT THE NERDS WITH THEIR VIRGINITY, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, AND WOMEN PROBLEMS!

HA HA HA LOOK AT THESE STUPID FEMINAZIS BEING ALL PISSY AND WANTING EVERYONE TO PLAY A GAME WHERE YOU PLAY AS A GUST OF WIND.

HA HA HA GAMING IS FULL OF OVERLY SENSITIVE RETARDS!

He kept making everything a joke and slandering the entire industry and making everyone look stupid for even having this as a scandal. He didn't even let Anita talk. It was a VERY SHORT interview where he lays into the entire industry.

What did I tell you people? Big media is not gaming journalism's friend. They WILL turn on them at a moment's notice.

It was basically 90% colbert making fun of everyone."

Anyone that thinks Colbert took a side in the interview does not understand what nuance means. Colbert did what he always does best, he rained on everyone and I loved it. I know the pro-GG side has a lot of flaws but at least we do recognize them, unlike some people who shouldn't be giving lessons on what nuance means, especially when they failed to see that Colbert didn't take a side.

Now Beamer, what were you saying about intellectual dishonest? Also, you should do well to actually research feminism, especially the differences between first, second and third wave.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 12:07 ASeven

One more real feminist writes in defense of GamerGate.

"The feminism of male demonization and female victimhood has become an insidious force that, despite its faux-progressive trappings, stands in the way of genuine equality. Whatever its flaws, GamerGate is a politically diverse movement of cultural resistance to this brand of toxic feminism. For that, it deserves at least two cheers."

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 11:36 ASeven

Fun fact: Anita supported #CancelColbert. The creator of #CancelColbert is not pleased.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
60. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2014, 09:08 ASeven

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 09:06:
ASeven wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 04:38:
I enjoyed it a lot. Did you?

Seems fair. He said "some gamers" not "gamers" describing the harassment. And when he specifically asked for for examples, all she could come up with was GTA, before sidestepping and going back on message.

Whereas she says gamersgate is about "terrorizing women", and dismissing any view besides the one that furthers her own agenda/promotion.

Yeah, Colbert dismantled her quite well, he did his research and called her to provide facts to sustain her argument and she couldn't, at all.

Here is the clip.

57. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2014, 04:38 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 19:29:
So, uh... it may be a good idea for most of this board to make a point of not watching Colbert tonight.

Though I'm fairly certain many here make that point every night.

I enjoyed it a lot. Did you?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 28, 2014, 13:15 ASeven

Kellogs has dropped Gawker.  

News Comments > etc.
50. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 17:51 ASeven

David Parkman interviews Brianna Wu and asks all the relevant questions. Hilarity ensues. At last, an interviewer who actually did research and isn't afraid to ask the right questions.  

News Comments > etc.
49. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 17:08 ASeven

Here's the latest PopeHat Gamergate article which was written after Beamer's article and shows a more neutral stance, wherein he proves GG is about ethics and was always about ethics.

Nintendo may be the latest company to cut ties from Gawker.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Ziggurat
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Ziggurat Oct 25, 2014, 17:46 ASeven

It's actually a pretty fun little game. Think of it as Hexxen-lite of a sort with roguelite elements. Good for killing an hour or two.  

139. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 14:34 ASeven

nin wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 14:33:
Prez wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 05:11:
Loopy wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 04:46:
I feel sorry for Gamersgate. They've even had the name for 10 years!

Yeah me too. Very unfortunate turn of events for them. They may want to consider changing their name.

I'd totally forgotten about them until it was mentioned here the other day.

Pretty awesome store to be honest, usually buy many games from there.

137. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 14:25 ASeven

beremot wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 14:07:
ASeven wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 13:44:
While the Media Slanders Gamers as ‘Terrorists,’ GamerGate Is Hunting Trolls and Abusers

"Supporters of the GamerGate movement have been working tirelessly to hunt down those who would use their banner to cause personal harm—all while the media continues to claim that GamerGate members are either participating in or indifferent to the harassment of women in the gaming industry."

Breitbart.com? Really? That you would point to a website like that, in support of your movement, is more revealing than you know.

Here's a little info on Breitbart's long history of falsehoods:

[url=LongURL]mediamatters.org/research/2010/07/21/big-falsehoods-an-updated-guide-to-andrew-breit/168051[/url]

(EDIT: Arrrrhg, how the hell do you make long urls work on blues news? The advice the site gives does not work.)

The fact that you guys are allied with or are fast becoming indistinguishable from right wing shills like this, does not do your arguments any favors. The right has a long history of discriminating against women, when it isn't outright trying to control them by banning abortion, birth control, making bizarre statements about rape, etc etc.

You should see if you can find any Taliban-related sites in favor of your movement. That'll really help the cause.

So... your strategy is to attack the messenger and not the message. Gotcha. Doesn't make anything in the article any less valid and true. Also, your conspiracy theories of political ideology are just that, GG is apolotical. That a site like this is doing actual, proper journalistic research should be a mark of shame on sites that declare themselves journalistic instead.

Also, ad hominems and generalizations lead you nowhere. The taliban, fucking LOL.

135. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 13:44 ASeven

While the Media Slanders Gamers as ‘Terrorists,’ GamerGate Is Hunting Trolls and Abusers

"Supporters of the GamerGate movement have been working tirelessly to hunt down those who would use their banner to cause personal harm—all while the media continues to claim that GamerGate members are either participating in or indifferent to the harassment of women in the gaming industry."

126. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2014, 02:07 ASeven

Loopy wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 00:46:
I haven't been keeping up on the corporate side of this. I've heard Intel and some others have pulled advertising from some sites. How have those sites responded, and have the changes (if any) they've made to their journalism codes been effective yet?

Believe it or not, they actually insulted their ex-advertisers.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2014, 15:25 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 14:55:
ASeven wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:43:
From what I've been reading on forums, the game isn't that worth buying if you were expecting something much different from Civ 5. A shame, I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Huh, on the gaming podcast I listen to they said, "If you're expecting this to be like Civ 5, you'll be disappointed."

Well, TotalBiscuit seems to have my opinion. Either way I'm not entirely convinced this is worth the asking price right now.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2014, 12:43 ASeven

From what I've been reading on forums, the game isn't that worth buying if you were expecting something much different from Civ 5. A shame, I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.  

4166 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo