Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 4164 (Master)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2014, 15:13 ASeven

Oh fuck me, it's Skool Daze, my favorite ZX Spectrum game! Damn, I'll have to donate some money to these guys.

Also, IGDA... this is why GG exists.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 15:09 ASeven

Redmask wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 10:24:
This War of Mine is a great game and people should pick it up like now, not in a Steam sale.

I agree. Also, anyone who enjoyed FTL must get Death Skid Marks. Holy shit it's such an awesome game in the FTL vein, but with cars and heavy metal.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 15:05 ASeven

Fun fact: servers were down a considerable time during release, stopping everyone from playing.

Yeah, always-on online is such a great idea!

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2014, 12:19 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 11:31:
ASeven wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 11:28:
Beamer wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 10:56:
"You have to have thicker skin!" says a few thousand gamers who went on a three month long bender over an op-ed piece they think insulted them.

Because having thought police as law is always a damn fine idea, right?

Aren't you telling people what to think, too? Aren't you out there "white-knighting" developers as if they can't think for themselves and make their own choices on which criticism matters to them?

Are we really at the point in society where we think any criticism is an attack and any criticism must be shut-down immediately because it's "thought police," even though the people using that terminology are the ones screaming about what people are and are not allowed to think?

And isn't it funny that people claiming it's about ethics in journalism tried to get ad money pulled by a publisher over a negative review when part of the biggest issue in games journalism is good reviews in exchange for continued ad money?

I'm white knighting devs?... Where? If there's anything I am not is a fanboi for whatever dev there is. Sure, I've always supported the indie movement but it's the movement I support, not individual devs.

As for your allegations of attacks on criticism, it wasn't our camp that went out mad with censorship, shutting down accounts and discussion left and right like your camp did and still does. So your criticism is laughable at best and disingenuous at worst. It's always ironic when the ones criticizing actual constructive criticism are also the ones who wield censorship as a tool all the time in order to achieve their ends.

As for the third point, it's not part of GG and it's something GG is also fighting. This started due to censorship and in no way does GG supports it. You, on the other hand, seem happy to use it in order to protect your feels. Here, let Totalbiscuit speak for us all:

https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/oh-youre-upset

Glad you will no longer engage in these threads, your thread pollution was reaching Slick levels.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2014, 11:28 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 10:56:
"You have to have thicker skin!" says a few thousand gamers who went on a three month long bender over an op-ed piece they think insulted them.

Because having thought police as law is always a damn fine idea, right?

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
311. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 20, 2014, 04:40 ASeven

I wonder what would have happened had FD scrapped the online component and gone totally offline for ED. I think a lot of people defending FD would be the first ones to turn against them.  

288. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2014, 13:45 ASeven

Well, the forums are again alight, they are refusing all kind of refunds at this point.

I have a feeling this will bite them hard in the ass.

129. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 18:56 ASeven

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:49:
Comet wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:37:
But I also disagree that people should be upset when crowd funding projects don't deliver on all their promises.

Again, they would have known this LONG ago. They didn't make the decision to switch to a "the server does everything" model in the past few months. They made that decision basically all the way back in the beginning. Had they made the announcement then, it would have been quite a different story from them making it exactly one month before release.

Also, making it online-only means some people simply either can't play the game at all, or only sporadically, etc. People on satellite basically are screwed, because the latency would fuck everything.

I'd call that slightly more than a feature getting stripped out or a promise being broken. A portion of the backers backed this basically because he promised there would be an offline version of the game. He changes that promise with a month to go. I call that shitty. YMMV.

Yeap, this very much. I too wouldn't have minded at all if E:D had been announced as an online-game only, it's not my type of game but hey, at least they would be portraying the game's net requirement clearly and those who don't mind it would get it. This, however, is simply FD trying to call a turd as gold nugget, not to mention this simply kills modding, one of the things I was really looking forward. Without modding and with the already sparse content the game has I don't see a bright future for the game, not anymore.

This game wasn't announced as a MMO, hell even Braben went to Reddit and confirmed there would be an offline mode. Doing this at this point of development is a huge PR blunder and betrays a lot of KS backers who bought into it under the promise of offline play and, perhaps, modding.

Ah well, Limit Theory seems to be shaping up pretty well, better than Elite: Dangerous that's for sure. I guess I'll have to wait for that one instead now, at least the dev behind it is pretty honest and straightforward.

114. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 18:20 ASeven

There's still people that don't have slick in the ignore list? That's quite amazing, really.  

35. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:12 ASeven

Also, according to the forums, refunds are on a case-by-case basis, so refunds are NOT guaranteed.  

11. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:41 ASeven

Harrowing wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:38:
ASeven wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:24:
Fuck Braben, you had everything in your favor and you've become too greedy.

How is the choice they made greedy, you utter nonce.

I don't know, maybe lying to all their kickstarter backers is a start, to the point the one who gave the most money for their KS project is demanding a refund?

Damn fanboys...

8. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:36 ASeven

DDI wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:28:
Solo online mode will still exist. God everyone freaks out about the dumbest bullshit.

What part of offline, as in not connected to the net at all, and always-on DRM did you not understand?

God, fanboys really are the worst.

6. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:24 ASeven

Well, fuck. I bought E:D and the expansion pack at the store. Refund request has been sent now, I will not support this kind of always-on DRM bullshit, not to mention modding is now completely out of the question.

Fuck Braben, you had everything in your favor and you've become too greedy.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2014, 14:35.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 13, 2014, 12:23 ASeven

One of my favorite Amiga games ever being remade? Yes, please!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 15:36 ASeven

Seems reviews of this game are all over the board. Steam reviews are leaning on the negative as well.  

News Comments > Microtransaction Hints in Leaked Just Cause 3 Screenshots?
10. Re: Microtransaction Hints in Leaked Just Cause 3 Screenshots? Nov 7, 2014, 12:45 ASeven

http://a.pomf.se/fzpapb.jpg

Oh dear oh dear oh dear....

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
27. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 15:34 ASeven

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:30:
ASeven wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:30:
Steam has just pulled Far Cry 4 and AC: Unity from their store worldwide, nobody is sure why.

They were having a pricing dispute with Ubisoft over regional stuff (Ubi wants even higher regional prices or something), it started with the UK store. I assume its now escalating. I really hope Ubisoft doesn't sell exclusively on Uplay.

If they do they are shooting themselves in the foot. Ubisoft is pulling an EA but it doesn't have brands as strong as EA to draw people to their store. EA may have pulled it off but I don't think Ubisoft can.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
24. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 15:30 ASeven

Steam has just pulled Far Cry 4 and AC: Unity from their store worldwide, nobody is sure why.  

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Nov 1, 2014, 05:35 ASeven

BBC Radio News interviews Sargon of Akkad, comes out pretty well. Full interview here.  

News Comments > etc.
51. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 16:51 ASeven

Total Biscuit's interview on the David Pakman show is now up, discusses the lack of journalism ethics in gaming and other topics.  

4164 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo