Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Dias

Real Name Michael Dias   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASeven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2010, 22:06
Total Comments 3940 (Veteran)
User ID 55543

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Areal Conspiracy Theories
31. Re: Areal Conspiracy Theories Jul 22, 2014, 13:25 ASeven

NKD wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 13:14:
Ehh I guess, but I think the previous red flags were more about quality and worthiness rather than willful fraud. I feel like Kickstarter should let us decide which projects are worth backing, and stick to policing fraud and willful misuse of their platform. They have tens of thousands of projects. Some of them are going to be a lot more worthwhile than others.

Still, it's nice to see these fuckers get their shit taken down. I can't wait for them to throw a big ol' fit.

Hmmm. I agree with you about Kickstarter being as much hands-free as it can be but this project had some important red flags, like the constant ad hominem attacks from the devs behind it and not showing anything like a screenshot or trailer for a long, long time. These two should have at least merited a closer look, not to mention the sudden deluge of trolling comments to drown out people complaining.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Areal Conspiracy Theories Jul 22, 2014, 13:10 ASeven

NKD wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 13:07:
ASeven wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 13:02:
SUSPENDED! At last! Took Kickstarter bloody long enough.

What? The funny money came in over the weekend. At least give them a couple days to investigate bro... I think this is a plenty quick enough resolution.

True but there were a lot of other red flags raised that at least deserved an investigation from Kickstarter, which didn't happen.

I love Kickstarter but damn, they really have to start tightening their policies to include investigations on projects that raise a lot of red flags.

26. Re: Areal Conspiracy Theories Jul 22, 2014, 13:02 ASeven

SUSPENDED! At last! Took Kickstarter bloody long enough.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2014, 16:14 ASeven

The Commodore 64 and Amiga days sure were so fucking awesome.  

19. Re: Areal Conspiracy Theories Jul 21, 2014, 16:13 ASeven

They just posted a new update apologizing for their last update. Holy shit this is getting better and better.  

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
38. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 08:22 ASeven

And now they're attacking Forbes reporter Erik Kain.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 17, 2014, 12:15 ASeven

"As you may have heard, Winterkewl Games have stopped work on Yogventures - but this is actually a good thing"

"Although we're under no obligation to do anything, instead we're going to do our best to make this right, and make you really glad you backed the project!"

Are these guys for real? What enormous cunts these guys are to have the nerve to say that a project people backed got canceled and it was a good thing.

News Comments > Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline
16. Re: Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline Jul 16, 2014, 12:26 ASeven

No matter how many caps they use, this shit game will remain a shit game.  

News Comments > West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions
11. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 12:48 ASeven

I'm surprised the KS still has much money as it has.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jul 12, 2014, 13:22 ASeven

Julio wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 12:25:
87% from PC Gamer, compared to high 90s for Dragon Age 2. Clearly wrong.

Was going to say that. DA2 got 94. Witcher 2 got 89. D:OS, which IMO is better than the amazing Witcher 2 and a fucking lot better than the rancid pile of shit that was DA2, got an 87.

And the comments are a laugh since a lot of commenters have called out PC Gamer on their shitty reviews and some PC Gamer writers have come to defend it, though their arguments are pretty weak and standard fare for these type of "journalists".

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 12, 2014, 13:20 ASeven

Oh man, the Amstrad CPC. I had my trusty Commodore 64, my Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K with its wonderful rubber keys but I never got an Amstrad CPC. Wish I had, just so I could say I had the three most important microcomputers of all time, and it was a pretty decent microcomputer to boot.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak
16. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak Jul 10, 2014, 13:15 ASeven

I like how he completely avoided any question about his treatment of PC gamers in the past, like a true douchebag.

More people should have pressed that issue on him in the AMA, if only to see what his hilarious response would be.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jul 10, 2014, 10:00 ASeven

The comments on that review show how much this review is terrible, from using screenshots taken from the kickstarter page to not knowing the features of the game or the release date.

Game journalism at its finest.

News Comments > CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak
4. Re: CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak Jul 8, 2014, 15:46 ASeven

It wouldn't be Cliffb without him becoming a massive douche in the process of announcing a game that will no doubt fail and that he will no doubt blame on PC pirates or gamers or whatever as he did in the past.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Survarium Designer Joins Areal
3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Survivarium Designer Joins Areal Jul 8, 2014, 10:55 ASeven

First comment on the Eurogamer article, which points out the obvious:

2 hours ago
It's interesting that they promote him as a big hire, when he's behind the project all along. Sytyanov finished his work on Survarium on September 25, 2013. And it was Sytyanov who started looking for programmers for the Areal project, back in March. And now he's the new and big hire?

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D
12. Re: Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D Jul 7, 2014, 15:41 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:04:
From the Wired comments:
DF is easily the most complex and most in-depth game ever created.
Would any players of Distant Worlds: Universe disagree?

As player of both Dorf and Distant Worlds:U I can agree with the Wired comment. Not sure if it is the most complex game ever made but DF is easily one of the most complex games on PC right now though it's not that hard to get into. Distant Worlds:U, as awesome as it is, doesn't hold a candle against Dorf in sheer complexity.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
28. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 18:24 ASeven

Wonderful, this is well deserved for these guys. No doubt at this point they have sold even more units to start getting a profit.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Change Plans
25. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 13:08 ASeven

Creston wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 12:18:
InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 05:30:
Slick wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 04:18:

Snobbish elitist richer than thou argument.

Narcissists are amusing.

Slick's an EA shill, but the dumbest kind, because I'm pretty sure they don't even pay him.

You are assuming shills aren't dumb by nature.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Change Plans
15. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 06:48 ASeven

There's still people that hasn't slick in their ignore list? Holy crap!  

3940 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo