Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mlw

Real Name mlw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2010, 00:24
Total Comments 89 (Suspect)
User ID 55538

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
27. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 18:11 mlw

Ratty wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 12:01:
MajorD wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 11:32:
T1 is in my Top 10 without a doubt.
Return to the Cathedral: The one where you navigate the ruins of the old city crawling with undead, burricks and spiders. Has to be my all time favorite level of any game ever. The atmosphere of that place was sublime.

LOL, I was going to say the same thing. Thief 1 is my favorite game of all time. Return to the Cathedral is IMO the best designed and fun level I have ever played in any game before and after. I have high hopes for the next Thief game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
1. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 7, 2012, 17:08 mlw

I have been playing since early start and have many days of played time. I have not noticed any 'responsiveness' problem at all.  

News Comments > PC Batman: Arkham City This Month
22. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 9, 2011, 00:13 mlw

saluk wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 13:25:
Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 12:54:
mlw wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 12:51:
Sorry, but the developers screwed up on this one. If it was available when the console versions were, I would have bought it at premium pricing.

Skyrim will monopolize my PC gaming time up until SWTOR is out (and longer perhaps). I have no time for Arkham City until maybe some time next year. I will be buying it a bargain prices then.

So you're saying they should have launched with the consoles even though it wasn't ready and would have been buggy, or that they should have launched all 3 platforms on November 22nd when everyone everywhere is playing Skyrim and MW3 and waiting for this to hit the bargain bins?

Lol

Also, who on the pc is going to be playing skyrim when it first comes out? I thought all of us cranky pc gamers were waiting for 3 years for all the problems to be modded in by other early adopters? And MW3? We already have BF3 right? Isn't MW3 a console game?

Hehe, yea I always hear about how terrible the Elder Scrolls games are on release. Yet I have bought every one of them since Arena on release day and have had a blast every time. So, yea, I am luckily off for holiday this friday and will be putting many hours in Skyrim. Looking forward to it!

News Comments > PC Batman: Arkham City This Month
5. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 12:51 mlw

Sorry, but the developers screwed up on this one. If it was available when the console versions were, I would have bought it at premium pricing.

Skyrim will monopolize my PC gaming time up until SWTOR is out (and longer perhaps). I have no time for Arkham City until maybe some time next year. I will be buying it a bargain prices then.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 15, 2011, 15:33 mlw

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 13:50:
As for SWTOR, it wasn't on my radar... I had very little interest (not a SW fan; watched each movie once), but I am enjoying this weekend's beta...

I was in last weekends, and had a lot of fun. Hoping I get back in soon.

I have been registered on the swtor website and following it for 3 years now and no beta invitation yet. Bigcry

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
61. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 9, 2011, 00:19 mlw

Argue Amazed  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
35. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 16:19 mlw

Always-on DRM = Never-buy for me.

Welcome to the Ubisoft FAIL parade.

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
58. Re: id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms Oct 8, 2011, 00:34 mlw

Carmack: "We do not see the PC as the leading platform for games,"

Me: I don't see id as a leading developer for games. In fact, far from it.

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
21. Re: id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms Oct 7, 2011, 22:38 mlw

Carmack: "A game built with a tenth the resources on a platform 10 times as powerful would be an inferior product in almost all cases."

Me: Inferior product means no buy for me.

A pity, both my son and I were looking forward to purchasing this game. Now, forget it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message
16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 29, 2011, 19:39 mlw

vrok wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 19:31:
Anyway, they can take their special message and shove it where it belongs. Waste of time.

Agreed. With this nonsense and The Secret World beta requiring a Facebook account, WTF is wrong with these idiots.

News Comments > The Secret World Beta Signups (For Real)
2. Re: The Secret World Beta Signups (For Real) Aug 29, 2011, 19:35 mlw

I WAS going to apply for beta. I am not creating a lame Facebook account just to play in a beta. If they ever drop this ridiculous requirement for beta, I will then try. I said the same on their forums.  

News Comments > Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a "Cautionary Tale"
18. Re: Eidos Montreal On Deus Ex: Invisible War Aug 12, 2011, 14:11 mlw

My step son and I both played the leaked version and really liked it. My son will probably buy it based on reviews. Hence, my family will purchase 3 copies.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
128. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 17:54 mlw

Xenovore wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 16:17:
I've been looking forward to Rage for a long time now, but I guarantee if id Software jumps on the online-connection-required bandwagon, I will not be purchasing Rage. (Just as I am not purchasing Diablo 3, or any other single-player games requiring an online connection.)

In my experience "always connected" is more like "mostly connected"; inevitably, it's exactly at the moment that I want to play a game that my internet connection craps out. And there are still millions of square miles on this planet where it pretty much impossible to get an internet connection, but people still want to play games in those locations. (This is a issue particularly here in the western US.)

This. I will not buy always on DRM for a single player game. Fail Willits.

News Comments > Hellgate Easing Beta Access
8. Re: Hellgate Easing Beta Access Aug 1, 2011, 19:43 mlw

I have been playing it a lot. Contrary to many, I really enjoyed hellgate:london. Of course, I never made the mistake of subscribing.

I have duke nukem forever and the witcher 2 both recent purchases on my computer. Alas, I have been spending far more time playing Hellgate Global.

I have never had any waits to play the game. They have added new content beyond what was available before. However, I have yet to be of a level to see it.

Know that it is only free through act 2. To enter act 3 and complete all of the remaining content it costs only $4 per account.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Bloodlines... Jul 31, 2011, 16:01 mlw

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 15:25:
I hope this isn't setting a bad precedent. Release a bug ridden mess, over the next ten years the fans patch it, profit!

I hope they are sharing some of it!

Well, I played the game through twice at release and had no problems at all with it.

Happy to see the game getting recognition for it's excellence. Too bad no game studio one can step up and create a similar vampire game.

News Comments > On Ubisoft DRM
2. Re: On Ubisoft DRM Jul 28, 2011, 20:49 mlw

JaguarUSF wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 20:41:
I wonder what impact, if any, it has had on sales.

well they certainly lost sales to me.

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
31. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 14, 2011, 17:10 mlw

I don't care if there is a demo. I have loved every elder scrolls game made. These, along with all Thief games are guaranteed buys for me. Love them.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2011, 17:06 mlw

I will be cancelling before the price increases.

My DSL service is not the greatest when my daughter is streaming youtube. So, the very few streaming movies I have watched have been acceptable quality, but just not worth paying the increased price. If they ever really obtain good recent movies for streaming and I get faster DSL, perhaps, I will reconsider.

My dvd selections have been dwindling down to nothing for months now.

I will just use redbox from now on.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit
68. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 20:47 mlw

Tumbler wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 18:30:
I was not excited about Deus Ex Human Revolution. But, then I played the leaked version or demo or whatever it is for 8 hours. I am now going to buy it. I like it.

You're in luck! This game is or sale right now!

Deus Ex HR

It's even on sale for 10% off! So buy it.

Thanks. I just beat that price. Preordered from gamesplanet.com for 18% off.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit
57. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 18:18 mlw

I was not excited about Deus Ex Human Revolution. But, then I played the leaked version or demo or whatever it is for 8 hours. I am now going to buy it. I like it.  

89 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo