Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mlw

Real Name mlw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2010, 00:24
Total Comments 89 (Suspect)
User ID 55538

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Open Beta
7. Re: Silent Hunter Online Open Beta Sep 16, 2013, 19:03 mlw

Free To Play and Browser Based.
JUNK and JUNK

You just pissed me off SO much with that latest fiasco online DRM for the single player game.

No Thanks, UBIFAIL.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
36. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 18:22 mlw

I am a PC Gamer.

I don't own a console, and never will. If they want my money, they will have to provide a PC port. Otherwise, screw them.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Transfers
5. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 12, 2013, 18:50 mlw

Shok wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 16:32:
I got one of those "come back and play for 7 days" emails. I logged in once lol.

Yep, I have done that twice. I look at my main and run around my location for 5 minutes. Log out and done.

News Comments > Walking Dead DLC Detailed
11. Re: Walking Dead DLC Detailed Jun 12, 2013, 20:14 mlw

Krovven wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 16:08:
I really enjoyed the first game, but there was no replayability. The "choices" you made in the game ultimately made no difference whatsoever.

Aside from a few instances where they force you to choose between one character or the other, regardless of what you did had no real impact.
This.

Also, on PC, I had a lot of technical problems getting new episodes to work and even each play session. I had to backup and re-copy config files around.

I really enjoyed the game, but, am very reluctant to give them any more money.

News Comments > Thief (4) Details Inbound
36. Re: Thief (4) Details Inbound Mar 5, 2013, 14:48 mlw

Very excited about this. Thief 1 is my favorite game of all time. Ha, and I have been playing computer games since pong.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2013, 20:12 mlw

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 19:57:
mlw wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 19:45:
Yep, I am afraid of that too. On hearing about all the QTE and auto savepoints, I have cancelled my pre-order.
Why did you even bother preordering the game if you aren't sure about it? Just wait until it is out and read the reviews, player feedback etc., and get a better deal then by preordering.
The "extras" or discount they give you for preordering a game these days hardly ever worth it.

I saw the 10% discount on steam and had used a steam wallet gift card. I enjoyed previous tomb raider games, so thought this one a no brainer. BUT, then I discovered, the QTE mania and auto checkpoint save system that I hate; hence, cancelled.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2013, 19:45 mlw

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 16:19:
Watch Tomb Raider fucking suck, and all those morons who pre-ordered are pissed off that it's an oversimplified quicktime-event sequence on rails for consoles.

I fully expect that to happen. I'll wait for some reviews first (and not the kind that are paid to review games before their release). And then I'll wait some more for a sale. XD

Yep, I am afraid of that too. On hearing about all the QTE and auto savepoints, I have cancelled my pre-order.

News Comments > Tomb Raider PC Details; Specs
14. Re: Tomb Raider PC Details; Specs Feb 22, 2013, 19:19 mlw

Tanto Edge wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 12:04:
Yes but it's such a faithful recreation of Dragons Lair.
Replete with cartoony deaths.

I will enjoy getting Lara killed at every opportunity. This is a fun part of the game. lol.

I have this on pre-order, but, need to check on the 'save' feature. If it uses checkpoints, I will cancel. I hate that with a passion.

News Comments > Blizzard Linux Plans?
17. Re: Blizzard Linux Plans? Jan 7, 2013, 19:58 mlw

El Pit wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 15:11:
I think Actiblizz', Valve's, and the other bigger game companies' new found love for Linux is a bluff. IMO they're trying to put some pressure on Microsoft to rethink its Win8 market place. I really don't think the big game companies want to irritate their customers with Linux and its not very consumer friendly "compile your own files" approach. Yeah, I know, it's easy to use for nerds, but we're talking the Average Joe Steam customer here.

Ah, no. Average users would not have to compile code now. Many years ago, yes. Times have changed.

Also, have you tried to use Windows 8 Metro with only keyboard and mouse? Ubuntu is far more user friendly.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Multiplayer
19. Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Dec 30, 2012, 00:52 mlw

deqer wrote on Dec 29, 2012, 23:21:
We all know what "multiplayer" means now a days.

DRM.

BINGO. The more I hear, the more I think about cancelling my pre-order.

News Comments > The Secret World F2P Plans?
3. Re: The Secret World F2P Plans? Dec 10, 2012, 23:06 mlw

I played in the Beta a little bit. I was planning to check it out for a month perhaps under subscription. But then these hit me: Guild Wars 2, Hitman Absolution, Dishonored, Skyrim, Swtor FTP?, The Walking Dead adventure game, Batman Arkham City.

Too many games and too little time to play. If TSW goes FTP, I will check it out .. eventually. I am done with subscription MMOs.

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
25. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 3, 2012, 23:17 mlw

One word to debate this idiot: Skyrim  

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
5. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 14:38 mlw

Sweet. Can play as a hot fem-marine. With the main heroin in the Alien movies being a female, damn right, you should be able to play as a female!  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
107. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 17:41 mlw

wtf_man wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:41:
I haven't bought NOR PLAYED an Ubisoft game since the DRM-Free Prince of Persia (2008).

BECAUSE of their DRM.

So, if 93% - 95% is truly pirating their games (which is probably a number being pulled out of their ass)... that's because the rest of us gave up on them altogether, and won't buy an "always on-line single player game".

I agree. And, I haven't pirated any games either. Screw that moron Yves and his bs company Ubifail.

News Comments > Zeschuk's Changing BioWare Role
10. Re: Zeschuk's Changing BioWare Role Aug 10, 2012, 16:02 mlw

Zeschuk is the guy who insisted on making SWTOR a clone of WOW.
Fail Fail

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: Anyone Use Get Games? Aug 4, 2012, 01:44 mlw

jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 22:56:
How is the service? How does it work? The site's about link just listed the team members, not how the service works exactly. Do you just buy the game, get a key, and DL it?

Just ordered Batman Arkham City for $6.99. Ha, can't beat that price. I am downloading it now. They sent me the activation key in an email.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month
28. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Support Coming Jun 4, 2012, 20:02 mlw

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 16:59:
I think folks are just getting tired of mmos...

I agree. There seems a finite number of people anyway who play MMOs. No one else at my job of 40 people play MMOs, while many do play multi-player like Diablo.

And allowing anyone to play the game up to a limited level like 15 is NOT Free To Play.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
60. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 21:44 mlw

Prez wrote on May 22, 2012, 20:44:
Okay, I'm gonna get creamed for this, but I didn't think the last one was that bad. It actually set up the original trilogy nicley. Take away the goofy shit like that crap with R2-D2 and replace whiney Christiansen with someone who could actually act and you may have had something. You have to admit the opening space battle scene was pretty sweet, right?
Right??
Helllllloooooo?

Episode 3 is actually my favorite of all 6. Well except for every scene Natalie Portman was in.

I thought Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine/Sidious did a fantastic job in every movie he appeared in. Big Emperor Palpatine fan here. Probably another reason for Episode 3 being my favorite.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 FemShep Trailer
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 FemShep Trailer Feb 10, 2012, 22:52 mlw

My FemShep is hotter.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
40. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 2, 2012, 20:39 mlw

Who is the more foolish? Ubisoft, or the Fools who buy their DRM laden software?  

89 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo