Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mlw

Real Name mlw   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 19, 2010, 00:24
Total Comments 89 (Suspect)
User ID 55538

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
14. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 19, 2014, 00:05 mlw

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 22:38:
1badmf wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 20:38:
is this game anything new from previous mmos? is the combat still ability spam/cooldown/autotarget?

Ability spam, well, it wouldn't be much of an RPG if you didn't have abilities to use. That being said, you do use your normal attacks quite often as well, it isn't nonstop ability spam. Cooldowns, not really, most skills you can use as often as you wish until you run out of mana/stamina. Autotarget, yes and no. You have to actually aim at your target, however your attacks do "zone in" on your target as long as you are pointing in their direction.

Combat is a little more involved than many MMO's, you can block attacks, interrupt attacks, and even dodge many of them. So yes, better than the average MMO of late.

In reference to the guild banks being taken down, they shouldn't even exist. The game desperately needs a global AH, it is incredibly difficult for the average person to sell their items without a lot of effort, you often see folk complaining about full inventories/banks.

Well said and true.

My family and I are having a huge amount of fun with this game! We plan to play for a long time. The naysayers, who judged this game on a few beginning levels are simply idiots.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
10. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 19:40 mlw

My adult son and daughter and myself are all playing this game.

WE LOVE IT.

The sub fee is pocket change. You pay the same price for one 3D movie ticket, which entertains for 90 minutes. But we get dozens of hours a month of entertainment from MMOs for the same cost.

SO TIRED of complaints about the sub fee and people trolling. Just go away!

Do movie theaters let you watch movies for free?
Do restaurants let you eat for free?

Welcome To The Real World.

News Comments > More Elder Scroll Online Invites
6. Re: More Elder Scroll Online Invites Mar 11, 2014, 21:28 mlw

I've played in quite a few of the betas. I have enjoyed all of the starter islands for all 3 alliances, there is a lot of variety to the zones. I do understand some of the criticisms of the starter areas for 2 alliances which were basically split in two. But, Aldmeri Dominion started on a large island with many many quests.

And now, you bypass the starter islands completely and begin in the huge alliance home city in a huge zone. You can travel to starter islands and do the quests also. I hadn't read about the FOV slider, but that would make a good improvement to the first person experience.

The quests have stories associated with them. No run here and kill 10 mobs. You find quests by exploring. The many ways to build your character are huge. I enjoy the fighting.

Now. That MMO with quest towns with npc's with ! on their heads. Run here kill 10 mobs, run there kill 20 mobs, run here kill 10 mobs. Then back to more ! heads. Never read useless boring text quest info. Now THAT is boring!

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
8. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 3, 2014, 19:20 mlw

Loved Dishonored! Bring it.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 19:25 mlw

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 18:51:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 18:06:
Thief is not as bad as everyone seems to suggest.

What do you mean "seems"? And yes, yes it is. The only thing I give it a positive nod for is the artwork. The look of the city is right. Everything else? No.

You can't tell another person whose opinion differs with yours that he is wrong. They are opinions! You spoke your opinion and he spoke his. I am playing and greatly enjoying Thief 4. That is my opinion. I am happy with my purchase.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2014, 21:25 mlw

Prez wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 09:16:
I have a friend at work who comes to me with his computer needs since I'm the closest thing to a computer geek he knows. Yesterday he brought me his brand new laptop and said in an exasperated tone "Please take this thing and put Windows 7 on it. I just can't use windows 8 anymore. It is AWFUL." He is a low tech, lite PC user. This is the exact type of person that Windows 8 was supposed to appeal to, and he can't get away from it fast enough.

I am leaning towards leaving Windows 8 on it and just installing Classic Shell; I suspect that is the far easier solution.

I immediately put classic shell start menu on my Windows 8 at release. I bypass the garbage Metro and disable the active corner menus.

It works very well. I am actually happy with it. I haven't installed the SP though. Leaving well enough alone.

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
6. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 23, 2014, 15:00 mlw

Quinn wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:33:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:17:
Like how they list Other PC features.

Love it! Again I'm pleasantly surprised. Very surprised by the ability to manually jump save the same way as in DE:HR! I always love to do a quicksave and then just play around and try silly things.

Also, FOV slider! Woo!!

Agreed! Pre-loaded on Steam. Ready for release.

I love knocking out guards and throwing them off roofs or into the drink.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2014, 21:20.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
32. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 20:17 mlw

SlimRam wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 18:01:
Awesome, well this honestly was the only fucking MMORPG that I've ever given a shit about. I have loved Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim with all my heart, they were without a doubt my most favorite games ever! For some stupid, fucking ridiculous reason I was hoping this game was actually going to be good? The Elder Scrolls games are a proven formula for a game that actually works! HOW the fucking hell are these developers not able to use this to make a online game that's awesome? Please tell me, is it that much of a stretch to put this universe into an MMO successfully? Well NIN said it best and most simple; I simply haven't heard anything good about this game. Either way, I seriously believe it's going to be a very long time before I give one shit about any other MMO. Honestly, I'm heartbroken and I feel like I'm going to VOMIT. Fuck it either way, this is the last time I will ever comment on this game again. Ever.

Ignore the trolls in this forum who have only watched youtube videos and have never been in game. I have been in several betas and I enjoy this game. The questing is the best of any MMO I've played with good stories.

Sure, there are still some bugged animations, but these can be fixed. The world graphics are excellent. Of course, they are not better than Skyrim, as some have said elsewhere.

ESO is as close to playing Skyrim with your friends as you will ever see. There is an open beta on the way, try it out for yourself and make your own decision.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 3, 2014, 19:49 mlw

Only 4 applications in the article? Junk article. I have used free Comodo firewall on my PCs for years. The best free firewall I have seen. Works great. You must have outbound blocking. Far better than junk Windows built in firewall. Windows firewall as a best free firewall? The author is clueless.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 15:11 mlw

Bride of Pinbot! Bride of Pinbot! Bride of Pinbot!  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 12, 2014, 23:34 mlw

Asmo wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 17:20:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 16:26:
Julio wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 14:53:

I'm thinking Windows 9 might be the end of every other Windows release being ok. Prediction: They'll stick with Metro/Big Icons/Walled Garden
Apparently next release of Win8 restores the start menu fully, though that's rumor mill. Though the rumor mill was right about 8.1 bringing back the start button.

Fuck M$, http://www.classicshell.net/ works perfectly (I use it on Server 2012 boxes because remoting 4 sessions trying to deal with Metro = /wrists...).

I've use Classic Start Menu since day 1 with Windows 8. I never see the garbage Metro fiasco. I have no problem with Windows 8 at all. Of course, I'm not even thinking about installing 8.1. I'm not going to fix what works fine.

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
11. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 21:42 mlw

Got mine. This is my 5th invite. So many fun, interesting builds with several classes I love. Going to be tough to decide on a main.  

News Comments > Hitman Game Not Cancelled
5. Re: Hitman Game Not Cancelled Jan 6, 2014, 23:39 mlw

I will never buy another Hitman PC game using their garbage savepoint system again. I feel like I wasted hours replaying pieces of levels over and over again. I hate that!  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
16. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 23:32 mlw

Isn't this based on Valve's fear that Microshaft will close their O/S in the future?

How will they make games designed for DirectX work Properly on Linux anyway?

News Comments > Thief at 15
2. Re: Thief at 15 Dec 1, 2013, 14:38 mlw

Thief: The Dark Project remains one of my all time favorite games, right there next to Elder Scrolls Arena and Privateer.

These games originally got me excited about PC gaming and hold a very special place.

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
77. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 19:35 mlw

I played all of the Wing Commanders, Privateer and Freelancer. I loved them all.

But, for me, the greatest joy is to start with a cheap crappy ship and earn in-game money to improve it and move up to better ships.

So, I have only invested $30 in SC way back at the beginning. It is unbelievable to have gathered such a huge sum.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
17. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 22:19 mlw

Preloaded and ready to go.

Used a 25% off voucher from Gamefly Digital. I was going to wait for reviews, but 25% off swayed me to preorder.

Egosoft will patch up any bugs anyway.

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
37. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 19:19 mlw

Re: "dropping a hint they may have something positive to say about QTEs in the future"

The only positive would be to say, there are NO QTEs in our Thief game. No, just no.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2013, 21:48 mlw

Good riddance to the Buffoon Balmer. What an embarrassment that guy was! Gates screwed up Royally.  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Sep 16, 2013, 23:55 mlw

Also, I 'hear' the characters keep getting wiped. Can't progress.  

89 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo