Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Snozzle

Real Name Snozzle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Snozzle
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2010, 20:28
Total Comments 32 (Suspect)
User ID 55527

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Chaos Reborn Multiplayer Prototype
2. No subject Apr 8, 2014, 23:58 Snozzle

Creating an account is just picking a name and a password. No email or anything else is required. Game seems fun.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Romero Jul 29, 2012, 19:54 Snozzle

Romero should speculate on the future of Romero instead.  

News Comments > WildStar Gameplay Footage
11. Re Windstar Aug 20, 2011, 11:27 Snozzle

describing it as "Firefly meets Indiana Jones."

To me it looks more like World of Warcraft meets World of Warcraft. The warnings and dodging attacks does make the combat look more fun though. But the whole time I was watching the trailer, all I could think of was that I wish Tabula Rasa had gone F2P instead of died. At least that game had a real future feel and some innovative game mechanics.

News Comments > World of Trailers
2. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Aug 18, 2011, 19:21 Snozzle

No subs. You'll have to wait for World of Submarines.  

News Comments > Wargaming.net and Revell Team
2. No subject Aug 13, 2011, 21:07 Snozzle

Man, I already built all those tank models back in 1974 before there were home computers or video games. Talk about time-warp cross-marketing!

FWIW, the Revell kits sucked. Tamiya tanks rock.

News Comments > Creatures Comeback This Year
5. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer May 27, 2011, 18:17 Snozzle

My creature in Black and White always amazed me. I remember getting it to rescue a drowning villager, and feeling so proud, until he ate him. Bad monkey!

RE: "The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

Off topic but true story: My company once had a celebration day at a local campground to promote the launch of our new product line. They gave everyone a yellow t-shirt with that with phrase written on the front, and a pair sunglasses. We had to wear them the whole day, while all the big wigs got up on stage and told us how bright our future was.

The NEXT FRIDAY, they laid off half the company.

News Comments > World of Tanks Milestones
5. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer May 24, 2011, 19:33 Snozzle

One of the things the I really like about this game is that you don't need the biggest and best tank to have fun. In fact, one of the most fun tanks (to me) is the M2 which is the first tank you can unlock on the American side. It's fast, nimble, and packs a punch for a tank in it's class. In the Beta, I was still playing it a lot even when I had Tigers and other "advanced" tanks.

There's a ton of tanks to unlock, and part of the fun is playing each one and figuring out if it's a gem that you want to keep or a dog that you can't wait to dump as soon as you research something better.

News Comments > PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week
16. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer May 23, 2011, 19:53 Snozzle

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2011, 19:10:
Hrm, I wonder how short this thing is going to be for $15.

Let's put it this way: If they let you roll your own characters, the game would be twice as long.

News Comments > Hellgate NA Closed Beta Keys
7. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer May 23, 2011, 19:49 Snozzle

Dirwulf wrote on May 23, 2011, 19:10:
In Firefox, I just get a message that says "close pop up." In IE 7, I get a message that says I must be logged in over and over, even though I already am. It finally worked in The World. What a pain in the ass.

Yeah, I had the same problem. Finally got in though.

Not a good sign that they can't even get their beta signup site working right....

News Comments > Over a Million Man-Hours of DNF Development
7. No subject Apr 21, 2011, 11:29 Snozzle

I've already gotten years of entertainment out of this game and I haven't paid a cent for it.

Now that's quality!

News Comments > World of Tanks Preorders
16. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Mar 25, 2011, 09:51 Snozzle

InBlack wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 05:07:
Sure if you want the BIGGEST BADDEST TANK RIGHT NOW!!!! Then I guess its a grind, until you realise that when you drive the biggest baddest tank, everyone else has a pretty big bad ass tank and can kick your ass accordingly and suddenly you realise its not about who has the biggest baddest tank its about skill and teamplay.

Amen!

I still have as much fun playing with my M2 as with the "better" tanks I got later. Since you're matched with othwer tanks around your same level, you're never gonna get a great tank that owns everyone else. That's not the point of the game at all. The point is to use what you have and win with tactics and teamwork.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Delayed Until June
49. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Mar 24, 2011, 19:19 Snozzle

I've gotten more entertaiment from this game than from most games I actually bought.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Record
8. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Feb 24, 2011, 17:06 Snozzle

I think it's a great game. As long as you don't expect FPS tactics to work, you'll do well. Actual tank tactics and teamwork work, with everyone playing their roles.

I suggest you ignore the 1v1 "Tutorial" matches and jump right into the multiplayer. Usually on the 1v1 matches, you face experienced players with better tanks and just get ganked - no fun at all and it turns off most people. To get a real feel for the game, you've got to play the normal matches. When you die (quickly) watch what the surviving tanks are doing and learn to play that way.

The best tank to start out with is the American one, mostly because the next tank you get (the M2) is a very fast and fun tank to play. Also, if you hide in bushes, you're practically invisible and can set up ambushes - an easy way to get early experience.

News Comments > Earthrise Launches
6. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Feb 4, 2011, 22:57 Snozzle

Earthfall?  

News Comments > Earthrise Intro Trailer
2. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Jan 20, 2011, 19:24 Snozzle

I highly recommend that they stop releasing trailers and previews before they scare off all their remaining potential customers  

News Comments > Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop
18. Re: Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop Jan 20, 2011, 19:15 Snozzle

Hammer wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 15:00:
his goal is to push the boundaries of social games with creative game design

Didn't we hear just about the exact same thing when they formed ION Storm?

And he succeeded. He pushed them downwards.

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering - Tactics This Month
4. Re: Magic: The Gathering - Tactics This Month Jan 8, 2011, 22:02 Snozzle

All I can think of is that totally horrible Magic the Gathering Battlegrounds that came out about ten years ago.

Managed to block it out of my memory until now.

News Comments > Million Tank March
5. Re: Million Tank March Jan 4, 2011, 18:19 Snozzle

I've been playing this for the last few weeks and having a blast. Once you get the hang of it, it's really fun. The nice thing is that it's a pretty detailed simulation, but the controls are super simple so you can just start playing and figuring out how to stay alive. The tactics are very different than a FPS and definately reward real tank tactics. You also have to know the capabilities of your tank and use it's strengths to win.  

News Comments > Earthrise in February
3. Re: Earthrise in February Dec 28, 2010, 17:01 Snozzle

It looks like a tacky version of Tabula Rasa. Look out below.  

News Comments > "Light at the End of the Tunnel" for APB?
2. Re: Oct 25, 2010, 20:47 Snozzle

The bad news is that the buyer is Bill Roper...  

32 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo