Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for cdead

Real Name cdead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheBeefiest
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2010, 19:58
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 55523

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action Feb 9, 2012, 23:12 TheBeefiest

The pausable real-time is actually fairly good, and it has a very old school feeling in terms of enemies (and you) will die very quickly if you aren't careful.

However it also has the new school feeling of completely untested and unfinished software, I can't believe how every single game has total show stoppers now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rumored Syndicate Details Promise a "Visceral FPS Experience"
6. Re: Rumored Syndicate Details Promise a "Visceral FPS Experience" Sep 11, 2011, 13:48 TheBeefiest

STOP buying these is the only solution  

News Comments > Space Force Constellations Revealed
7. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 11, 2011, 09:37 TheBeefiest

Beware this franchise... They just kind of abandoned the first one without fixing much. Its also really bland.  

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
87. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 19:26 TheBeefiest

Why should he feel bad at all? The game is released, he will be layed off within a month anyway.  

News Comments > Dark Scavenger Announced
3. Re: Dark Scavenger Announced May 26, 2011, 00:52 TheBeefiest

Well they have absolutely no idea what the word "Strategic" means.  

News Comments > Frozen Synapse on Thursday
3. Re: Frozen Synapse on Thursday May 24, 2011, 21:54 TheBeefiest

You are going to miss out on alot of amazing things in life if you refuse to spend more than $25 on something.

This game has given me more hours of fun than any game I have ever bought before it, especially all the $50 and above.

News Comments > BF2 Content in Battlefield 3?
4. Re: BF2 Content in Battlefield 3? Feb 5, 2011, 17:07 TheBeefiest

Well at least they aren't really hiding the fact its a copy paste job from bad company and battlefield 2. (Exploding crotch graphic on the front cover, barely adding prone and more players features to bad company 2)  

News Comments > Monday Night Combat Beta
2. Re: Monday Night Combat Beta Dec 16, 2010, 21:23 TheBeefiest

beta indeed... I could not join a single server, and get crashes trying single player  

News Comments > X-COM Interview
6. Re: X-COM Interview Nov 29, 2010, 18:42 TheBeefiest

avianflu wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 14:18:
nice interview but it doesn't mention all of the "UFO" games from ALTAR interactive that were clunky attempts to bring the series back to form.

I guess the reason for that would be that that company has nothing at all to do with any XCOM franchise rights, nor the original authors.

That being said, I love that series of games as well. Also try out Brigade E5 and 7.62 high calibre. They are similar very difficult tactical games to the ufo series.

News Comments > Pre-Alpha Miner Wars on Sale
11. Re: Pre-Alpha Miner Wars on Sale Oct 6, 2010, 00:30 TheBeefiest

It is also a good way to make a bunch of quick cash on a game you never plan on finishing (see cortex command)  

News Comments > TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch
46. Re: TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch Oct 1, 2010, 02:42 TheBeefiest

ASeven wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 23:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 21:24:
God i hate this - its the death of PC gaming and Valve celebrates it as a good thing. Typical case of - blind men are bad tour guides.

If there wasn't a very strong indie scene right now producing AAA titles I would agree with you. However since the PC indie scene is strong and growing exponentially each day, I'm not too worried about the mainstream publishers, Valve included, fucking up PC gaming left and right since I no longer buy any mainstream game anyway, most of the best games I've played this year were indies.

There is a failsafe device for PC gaming, and it's called the indie scene. In fact if PC gaming went 100% indie it would actually be a good thing for everyone.

PC gaming ain't dead, it's being reborn to be what it was 15 years ago.

I wish I could agree with you, but the "indie payment model" has become paying for alpha games, and just praying they ever end up finishing the game.

So far I am happy with 2 purchases: Frozen synapse and minecraft, and totaly dissapointed with 1: Cortex command (no updates in over a year and the developer seems to have just fucked off onto something else)

News Comments > TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch
28. Re: TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch Sep 30, 2010, 19:07 TheBeefiest

What a bunch of flip outs.

What everyone needs to realize is: every time you make a purchase online, there is a FEE that is payed to financial institutions. At least 3% plus 30cents for every transaction. If you want to have any items selling for under a dollar or two, then you need to make bulk deposits every once in a while, and then you can buy things for a dollar or less and it isn't getting drowned in fees.

The steam wallett service specificly states the only restriction is depositing the minimum of $5 to minimize these fees. If you decide to want exactly $5.28 worth of tf2 goods, you can deposit that exact amount no wasted or stolen amounts.

News Comments > Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended
9. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 13, 2010, 15:06 TheBeefiest

The conquest is only available for clans, not only that but you need to have A HUGE clan where at least 60 people are online at any given time. The reason being is there is no limit to how many territories you can attack at any given time.

So my first experience with it was a clan of a respectable 20 or so people online all at once. But while we defended one tile, we lost 6 more all at the same time.
And if you have a few people online at a time, you lose everything without fail. There is no reason to even try unless you have a huge massive clan, and you need 60 of them online during the 4 hours or so a day that the conquest map is open for your timezone.

Also there is no sort of balancing whatsoever, so if the enemy has mortars but you do not... then you basicly lose with very little chance to succeed. (possibly extremely coordinated teamwork would have a chance)

There are a ton of ways that this online mode COULD be awesome, but it is not at the moment. Not worth playing free, definitely not worth paying a monthly fee for yet.

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo