Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zoom

Real Name Zoom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2010, 09:02
Total Comments 197 (Novice)
User ID 55511

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Dishonored Gameplay Trailer
19. Re: Music Jun 2, 2012, 09:54 Zoom

Arkane Studios track record, the team involved, the setting, everything let think it will be what us fans of Deus Ex and Thief were expecting for years...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle V
10. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Jun 1, 2012, 17:04 Zoom

Too bad i already own and finished each one of these... Fantastic bundle indeed. Very highly recommended.  

News Comments > EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched
33. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 28, 2012, 07:07 Zoom

Its gameplay is indeed what the next Deus Ex should have been. The references are multiple..
I am disappointed at the comments here, finally you people deserve the consolized corridor shooters that you seem to complain about. Go play CoD:whatever.
For my part i loved the real hardcore gameplay, the open sandbox style, the mutliple level of consciousness story, and was a bit disappointed by the simplistic (and sometimes repetitive) mission objectives, and disappointed by the very basic inventory system.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 15, 2012, 17:21 Zoom

A well deserved top spot for Grimrock. Go indies !

Wargame: European Escalation is a surprise too, thought this kind of game was reserved to an obscure subgroup of wargamers...

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Patch Plans
28. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patch Plans Apr 14, 2012, 19:38 Zoom

jimnms wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 17:39:
This has nothing to do with games being dumbed down. In this case the game has made something more complicated than the old school games it's modeled after.
It's modeled after Dungeon Master which did it like this, almost precisely (i'll come back to that).

jimnms wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 17:39:
I don't know how Dungeon Master did it
There, go revise your classics before complaining And prepare a pen & paper.
I remember noting down all the spells of Dungeon Master (and then Chaos Strikes Back), along with the hand graphed maps.

As for the spell system in Grimrock, my only complaint is the runes mask the character selection (and its hands) and that i cant give him an item when the runes window is open.
Also in Dungeon Master the rune system had a certain logic to it, and more importantly the 1st rune was the power rune: you decided which power to apply to your spell with that one. Runes also had a translation, which made memorizing spells a lot easier (FUL IR = fireball, i can remember that 25 years later..). This was my favorite spell system, over the D&D style that EoB used...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
119. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 17:40 Zoom

I have spent a few hours in it already. Loved every minute. Tip: play with headphones or good surround setup. You can hear the footsteps just like in good ol dungeon master. And just that is fantastic. Hear hear modern game developers: a good audio setup is a solid way to give your game great atmosphere.
Alright, returning to it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Grimrock Apr 4, 2012, 15:54 Zoom

Happily pre-ordered the drm-free version, and got a nice package of goodies with it (dungeoneer graph paper ! yay). I really love these dungeon crawl RPGs...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 14, 2012, 13:04 Zoom

9 really makes no sense. Many of the best games these last years come from eastern Europe or Russia, and are not at all pro-american. Or american games, like Skyrim or Deus Ex: HR that are either apolitical or not related at all with the situation. The very few games that i can think of (Call of Duty ? Homefront ?) are very far from the best, and dont get rave reviews...  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: AC3 Dev on "Cancerous" AAA Games Growth
12. Re: Quoteworthy: AC3 Dev on Mar 10, 2012, 15:12 Zoom

jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 15:37:
That's a little true now, but when AC first came out there wasn't really anything like it. It has turned into a franchise, but it started out as something innovative and unique.
Wrong. It was a slightly consolized spin-off from the Thief series. Thief: Dark Project was the innovative one.

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 22:43:
There is a definite artistic quality to the games in the history - written and architecture. However, let's not get carried away thinking it's high art or anything. In fact, apart from a small minority of history geeks like me I seriously doubt most people really even care all that much about that stuff.
I did, even tough i'm not an history maniac I loved the settings in both AC1 and AC2, with the intricate historical settings, real historic figures here and there, and apart from the sci-fi plot a rather well documented approach. The game itself was a bit bland and repetitive though... Seeing more stuff is what made me go through these games.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer
19. Re: MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer Mar 10, 2012, 14:49 Zoom

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 22:11:
Heh, seriously though. This has me wondering about tactics now. Could you employ a swarm mentality with a dozen or so scout mechs zipping around chipping away at the assault mechs as they try to keep up?
As a former commander of a (successful) mercenary unit in MW2, MW3 then MW4, and countless table top Battletech games, i can say this tactics works even with fewer small mechs if the guy in the assault mech doesnt know how to do his job. On the other hand, with a proper lance, the big guy's back will be covered by at least one medium or heavy mech who will keep the small fry away and generally take care of his blind spot.
Of course if the assault mech spots the little guys before they come at range, and if he knows how to do his job, they better not come in range of his main guns..

News Comments > Tim Schafer on Psychonauts 2
7. Re: Tim Schafer on Psychonauts 2 Mar 10, 2012, 14:25 Zoom

Well done Tim, had a laugh at these pictures.
Quick note: on some shots we can see the back of your fake bills is white Next time print them double side.

News Comments > First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots
9. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 14:15 Zoom

Cant wait for it.
I like the 2nd design for the Eagle remake, with the huge blade, more than the batmobile inspired thing that they mention after it.

News Comments > Game Developers Choice Awards and IGF Winners
3. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards and IGF Winners Mar 9, 2012, 07:20 Zoom

Agreed, Portal 2 audio is good but Deus Ex: HR soundtrack is outstanding.
Also "best visual arts" to Uncharted 3 ? Aint this a console game ?

News Comments > Outerra Engine & Anteworld Revealed
2. Re: Outerra Engine & Anteworld Revealed Mar 8, 2012, 06:44 Zoom

Amazing engine. Flight sims and RPGs will be awesome with that engine.  

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
13. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 10:55 Zoom

Come on Peter, please just remake Powermonger with the same game engine, and modern graphics. And yeah a true to the spirit successor to Populous would be nice too, although the excellent but very short From Dust was pretty much it.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
55. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 3, 2012, 06:51 Zoom

Nice to see a small indie like Bastion up there. They deserve it, this is a finely crafted game in all aspects.  

News Comments > On Sale
51. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 11:57 Zoom

Cutter wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 11:55:
Just grabbed Dark Messiah too! I see there's a seperate multiplayer client. Anyone ever play the multiplayer of it?
Heard it was quite appreciated in its time, but now there's no one to play with really...

News Comments > CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers?
31. Re: CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers? Dec 15, 2011, 09:06 Zoom

The multiple fallacies here are they believe downloaders
- are pirates (and make money off their back)
- wont buy any of their products
- wont give them free advertisement (Witcher series got quite far on word of mouth...)
Free downloaders or not, they are their user base. See how well suing your user base worked for the MAFIAA...

News Comments > Risen 2 in April 2012
5. Re: Risen 2 in April 2012 Dec 15, 2011, 08:54 Zoom

There is good hope that this will be as good as Risen (or Gothic 2), i'll certainly buy it from day one.  

News Comments > Dungeons of Dredmor Expansion Announced
2. Re: Dungeons of Dredmor Expansion Announced Dec 12, 2011, 11:13 Zoom

i logged a very decent amount of hours on that game, it's very well done, fun and strangely addictive. And highly replayable too.  

197 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo