Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zoom

Real Name Zoom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2010, 09:02
Total Comments 197 (Novice)
User ID 55511

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side in August
2. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side in August Jul 8, 2014, 16:47 Zoom

While i enjoyed the KB series a lot (and that music !!!!!), there are times when a little bit of proper timing comes in handy. They are getting these out a bit too fast, with too little changes between each "episode" to make the new ones worthy.. Maybe that's time for 1C to take a breathe on that series and re-think the game engine, gameplay, graphic assets (which are too obviously reused). While i love those turn based HOMM-like games, too much of a good thing is bad.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 1, 2014, 14:41 Zoom

on "Megatechnews" review:
the Samsung Galaxy Tab S, the first ever tablet from Samsung that boasts the company’s signature Super AMOLED technology
My Galaxy Tab 7.7 seems to disagree. First paragraph and what i read is obviously non informed...
(edit) and the rest of the review is equally poor. They fail to compare it properly to the ipad air, they fail to quantify its advantage relative to its price premium (OLED goodness), etc. I'll stick to Ars and Anand...

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
13. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 13:24 Zoom

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 12:55:
Without any media and a lot more information I'm not going to get excited yet. This is awesome news, but how many times have we been let down before. Let's just see what the reality is first, mmmkay.
The guy got some of the greatest games of all times to his pedigree. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
48. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 13:01 Zoom

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 22:03:
It certainly goes back further then Roman times, Greek and Etruscan which that 'Roman' art is probably from. Its clear that WaltC has never picked up a history book.
Let's go even further back, to the first writings from Sumerians and Babylonians. We can cite Gilgamesh, for example, quite striking actually...
That makes it as old as written history. Of course what of prehistoric times, we can only guess.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 14:59 Zoom

And happy anniversary QUAKE. Just two years until it's 20th. Wow!
You dont make us look any younger, Blue. I remember playing Quake in makeshift LAN parties like it was yesterday. I strongly believe i havent aged since then.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
40. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 15:24 Zoom

@SpectralMeat that's only true for atmo flight (with rudder connected to the plane's tail). For space flight there is no such rule, agility on each axis will only depend on where and how many thrusters you have.
In a space fight roll is mostly used to keep visibility and battelfield awareness.
I would also mention helicopters on which yaw can be very, very fast (dependant on tail rotor power basically).

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
35. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 14:56 Zoom

jimnms, i was about to mention KSP too. I am a "sim jock" and i like the approach taken by Roberts here. I am certainly not expecting atmospheric-like flight, that would be very disappointing.
KSP is a good example of a fun, ultra-realistic simulator (yes, check it out, especially with some realism mods like FAR etc..). People love it anyway.
Here by taking a hard core approach, they'll allow skill progression for the pilots, a newbie will get his ass handed over by veterans unless he's a native space pilot The differentiation by skill is better IMHO that forced game mechanics ("level up", which in MMO's is translated into "pay to win")..
Let's see how that plays out over time. Also consider that bigger ships will handle like trucks, there it's less about 3D piloting skills and more about having a good team.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
15. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 14, 2014, 11:33 Zoom

nutshell42 wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 17:59:
MS could have created something like Steam, living proof that even without a forced tax like on consoles you can make a lot of profit off PC games; instead we got GFWL. MS can go and fuck themselves.
This ^
At one time they had all the cards in hand. Hardware, OS, studios, and even distribution channels.
Their clueless management let all of this go away and turn a blind eye at the market grabbing happening just after. I am glad i am not a MS share holder or i'd be quite pissed at them.
The positive side is thanks to this neglect the indies are taking over, injecting a fresh air of creativity in an otherwise very bland market. Look at what MS did with the Shadowrun license to understand why it's finally a good thing they abandoned PC games altogether.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
19. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 16:40 Zoom

harlock wrote on May 31, 2014, 16:02:
the issue is complex
So very true, and so many hormone-overloaded primates react without thinking around this topic, on both sides of the gender continuum.
I watched a few of her videos and she repeatedly states the obvious ad nauseam which gets tiring i admit. But still, that's the obvious truth.
I tend to play western CRPG or 4X games where there's a full choice regarding who your characters are, but for example on Mass Effect she is spot on, the whole marketing campaign was displaying male Shep, with no trace of female Shep.
I tend to like The Witcher for him being not even apologetic about his womanizing, and the strong women found in this game series. Beyond Good and Evil comes to mind too. Too few exceptions...
Latest mainstream stuff is still very much into testosterone tropes, which is fun when you are 14 year old but gets old quick after that.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews May 24, 2014, 03:48 Zoom

Good to see some people keep a strong creative direction and make no compromise while delivering polished gems such as Bastion or Transistor. Even if i have a huge backlog of not-even-started stuff i'll buy that one at full price to show my support.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
51. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 03:21 Zoom

TheWitcher wrote on May 24, 2014, 03:14:
I'm a bit worried about the phrases in that launch trailer.

"Remarkable" -IGN

Yeah, probably the whole quote would be "Remarkable how this is way over hyped"

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
84. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 08:10 Zoom

Drillo wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 05:22:
Harm and Good are subjective terms among many other things and this being a new AAA game done with out all the suits and baggage. It does call for some caution and wait an see approach BUT not blind caution. Given i have seen more harm done by Publishers and Shareholders for decades in the gaming industry.
Because exposing the same to a dumb mob is any better ? Dont rush to false good ideas. Of couse dumb publishers have been the bane of this industry. That doesnt mean being naive and showing unfinished code to the masses... The result is always, always the same. I know, i have been there.
What you really want is truly independant devs. We do have that today and that trend is rising. Roberts is one creative guy, but seemingly no good at project planning. Once the initial funding (and then some) was closed he should have shut doors and only showed stuff to stakeholders (that includes some of the top kickstarters) until post-beta. At the moment all he's doing is making a fool of himself.
A thing you have to remember is the IQ of a mob is that of a 5-y old kid or something, the bigger the mob the more retarded the collective mind.
We do have other examples of indies who do things the proper way, and give us great products in the end because of good vision, and good project management.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
79. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 04:46 Zoom

While i share the skepticism, and the view that Roberts seems to be poor at project management, i still reserve my opinion on that game for when it's actually released (or at least the Squad 42 part).
Disclaimer: i am a dev, i fully know how deceiving an unfinished program can look, i learned to never show in-progress code to anyone outside the project team which includes some very select end-users for agile feedback but NO ONE ELSE especially upper management or marketing (and certainly not other end users !).
I know that's the trend for crowd funded projects to communicate continuously to everyone (and not just stakeholders), some day they will realize that does more harm than good.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: •Gauntlet on Shacknews.com. Apr 5, 2014, 14:36 Zoom

Funny that, not too long ago i was wondering why no one was making any remake of Gauntlet. I hope that one is just as intense as the original, with the overwhelming hordes of respawning monsters and many fun features such as random bonuses...  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
55. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 5, 2014, 14:22 Zoom

BitWraith wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:28:
I'd say very few. It's obvious that World of Warcraft was a unique case. I like this game, but I don't see any reason why this one will buck the trend.
WoW was nothing special either. The only thing going for it was a very expensive and clever marketing campaign that involved grassroots propaganda to spark up the social networking around it. I remember i was quite surprised many of my friends would fall for it, but they went "because everyone else is there"...
I'm not saying TES online will repeat this, just that popularity is not tied to quality.

News Comments > Abyss Odyssey Details & Trailer
2. Re: Abyss Odyssey Details & Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 17:02 Zoom

Their art team produces splendid stuff as usual. Love their art direction, and their vision for games. This looks really promising indeed.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month
20. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 03:34 Zoom

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 02:55:
Ssssssssso, how many A's do you give it?
Depends if you are a pedestrian, in which case it's a "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*splatter*"

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC to Add 1998 Mode
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 16:45 Zoom

Task wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 09:10:
Zoom wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 03:06:
ROFL
Sorry. Have to vent after losing $40 on the new game.

And what did you learn?
Not sure what you mean here. I buy all games that look intereting to me.
Sometimes i win sometimes i lose. There i felt bad, mostly because that game which is actually totally on rails (like that rambo game..) really shouldnt have been using that title. All that from a team who shouldnt have disappointed either.
On another note i never bought Diablo 3 even though i'm a fan of the genre, due to having played TQ:IT and being on PoE which are pretty much the real successors to Diablo series. Also a lot is coming our way in that genre, without having to give to my addiction and fork some dollars for D3.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month
4. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 16:32 Zoom

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 16:22:
Doesn't look nearly as impressive as Next Car Game.
Not sure that Next Car Game will give you an "extra bonus" for maiming pedestrians in reverse or juggling while dismembering them.
Really a game i look forward to, i hope they'll give the finger to censors and go for all out gore and splatter.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
10. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 28, 2014, 03:55 Zoom

How's Grim Dawn compared to Titan Quest (with Immortal Throne) and PoE ? I'm about to pull the trigger on it, enjoyed TQ:IT and PoE a lot especially when playing co-op.  

197 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo