Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NetHead

Real Name NetHead   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NetHead
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2010, 00:00
Total Comments 73 (Suspect)
User ID 55500

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > 2K's BioShock Tease?
7. Re: 2K's BioShock Tease? Jul 24, 2014, 11:02 NetHead

Task wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:27:
Come on just do system shock 3 already. Enough of the linear roller coaster bioshocks.

What do you think System Shock 3 would be like if they did it now...

I'd have higher hopes for http://routinegame.com/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 24, 2014, 08:52 NetHead

Okay, the "QuakeCon Wrap-up" is on www.elderscrollsonline.com. Seems rather desperate.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 23, 2014, 22:41 NetHead

DangerDog wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:43:
Apple is the new Prenda Law

New? Wasn't it Apple what patented, or at least tried to patent "slide to unlock", something which was being done in the physical world since before doors had hinges.

As far as I know Apple is by far the worse at this crap, hell I think they even tried it on "rounded corners" or some crap like that.

Though that said, it's not entirely Apple's fault, it's the system. Companies will do whatever they can, whatever they can get away with.

I also wouldn't expect such nonsense to stop in certain countries any time soon, especially in the ones that have legalised certain forms of corruption hence it is no longer "corruption"...

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 22, 2014, 11:55 NetHead

How on earth did they suddenly get the funding and shoot past their goal of 50,000.

Last I saw they seemed to have stalled in the thirties for a long time and publicity only became worse at that point, like the Reddit AMA etc...

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jul 18, 2014, 12:19 NetHead

Fletch wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 10:39:
Weapon wheel? Mortal Kombat finishing moves? Action button quicktime BS? Losing interest fast.

I'm not thrilled by the sound of those either, though I still have hope that it could be a good fun Doom game in the end.

When Doom 3 came out, I was very disappointed. Everything was so predictable, when and where monsters would spawn etc, yet today it's probably the game I've most replayed from start to end even though it could be much better with a few simple design changes.

I guess my expectations of Doom are much lower than before and have to keep in mind it's meant to be mindless brutal run and gun fun.

Hopefully the simplicity of Doom will make it harder to screw up by trying to add modern trends which would go drastically against its grain.

News Comments > Sacred 3 CGI Competitive Co-op Trailer
5. Re: Sacred 3 CGI Competitive Co-op Trailer Jul 18, 2014, 09:11 NetHead

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 01:11:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 21:46:
Is it down to $20 yet?

More like 5$ ;/

It's another sad turn, I don't know why they bothered calling it Sacred from what I've read about it.

The console owners won't care about it's past or the franchise while fans who do will probably be disappointed by the change. There's a reasonable chance that it won't be a great success on either platform, while tarnishing the franchise's name on both.

One preview I read the writer was playing it on PC but had to use a gamepad as keyboard and mouse hadn't even been implemented.

They probably see a lack of such games on console and are desperate to get in there with Sacred, Diablo may be their only competition, though with the changes it's no longer Sacred anymore.

I guess with Ascaron gone change is to be expected but the change doesn't seem good for existing fans which is hardly a good way to get a franchise going again.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Comcast Service Call Jul 15, 2014, 21:28 NetHead

I'm quite sure I remember reading something about employees pretty much being forced to be like that when it comes to people wanting to cancel their service.

When they do those ever so useful things called performance reviews they see who lets customers get away to easily/quickly and guess who's job is on the block for a completely unrelated reason.

Imaging being the guy trying to stall each customer for 20 minutes while they just want to cancel. Just think how much screaming, swearing and insults he takes from those poor customers all because he doesn't want to lose his job.

That's why I almost laughed out loud when I read "Comcast 'Embarrassed' By The Service Call Making Internet Rounds." The whole story is painfully apparent at that point already. Employee does exactly what is expected by the employer, employer acts shocked etc etc to point the finger at the employee.

That is one of the reasons some places have laws about making canceling a service quick and easy, along with limiting or blocking penalties, even when canceling a contract service.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 21:16 NetHead

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:24:
Google+ kills off “real names” policy.

Huh! A little surprising, considering how much push they put into it...

Wonder if they'll do the same for youtube...I still get prompted to use my "real name" or account name.

Must be more desperate than they let on since they were so insistent about real names.

As or Youtube, just give them your real name, I eventually chose Fuukayu Tuube (or something along those lines, took a few tries to get it accepted).

Though that was pointless as shortly afterwards I go so sick of their nonsense I just deleted my Youtube account. Turns out you can watch virtually any youtube video you want (any if determined enough to download it before watching) without having to put up with their god awful, atrocious and horrific website, and constant bullshite about logging in, using your name etc. Also means watching videos without any buffering or slowdowns whatsoever.

News Comments > West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions
5. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 10:36 NetHead

I haven't followed all this that closely, only reading bits here and there but one or two things always come to mind.

The first is that this seems like a disaster, a PR train-wreck or nightmare especially since they're asking for funding.

The second is if it's genuine, I feel so sorry for the people who are doing the work behind the scenes because someone else is running it right into the ground before its even going.

In the end, from what I've read, it seems very likely that they want the money so they can make a prototype or demo to take to someone else who will further fund (and thus control) the future/full development, which could make keeping Kickstarter promises problematic at best.

If that, or whatever is the case, they should just come out and say it, because at this rate they are not only running this into the ground but also the companies and their names.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Video Interview
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Video Interview Jul 12, 2014, 22:23 NetHead

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 18:17:
Reminds me of the original Far Cry. I used to tell people about HDR and try to explain it, then just show them that game....

I remember doing that too, think I had a new 6800GT which was very high end at the time and showing a friend Far Cry's HDR, jaw dropped when seeing HDR cost about 100FPS.

Far Cry's HDR could be pretty messed up sometimes if I remember right, especially at night. Though the game was so impressive to me especially because I didn't see it coming, there I was waiting or Doom 3 to push graphics further and out of nowhere came Far Cry and the CryEngine.

News Comments > CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak
22. Re: CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak Jul 9, 2014, 07:43 NetHead

Since it's Free To Play, I wonder where he will point the finger should this flop, since the piracy scapegoat won't be an option.

News Comments > Rooster Teeth RWBY Game Revealed
1. Re: Rooster Teeth RWBY Game Revealed Jul 5, 2014, 15:40 NetHead

Used to really like Red vs Blue, especially when it was starting. Though that went so horribly downhill later on, was like that crap Dragonballocks Z where things power up/fight for 5-10 minutes but nothing really happens.

Went from being funny and creative to something where they seemed far more intent on showing off their skills at producing something with neverending fight choreography, explosions left and right and "I'm so awesome"/"Epic stuff" dialogue.

Everything else I watched of theirs was just, hmm, not really worth the time and certainly not anything to be vested in.

I thought I'd have a quick look at this RWBY thing, and guess what, of the random video I chose it took 60 seconds before fighting broke out and lasted for the next 2 minutes, not surprises so far. The biggest surprise was how cliched and trite the humour is, even for them. Maybe it's targeted to pre-teens or something so I just don't get it.

Anyway the thought of them making a game, considering how they've evolved, couldn't care less.

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
4. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 09:48 NetHead

I can't sarcastically yawn hard enough about this.  

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Video
3. Re: Unreal Tournament Video Jun 28, 2014, 14:01 NetHead

I have mixed feelings about this new UT thing. From what I understand, could be misinformed I hope, people will be able to make mods/content and sell it on some kind of store and Epic will take a cut of it all.

If that is the case that's pretty lame if not out right a scaly thing to do. Especially since it seems this time they kind of expect most of the game to be made by the community.

Now I'm not saying people who make some great addon or content shouldn't be able to make a buck off it, if that's what they're after, I just don't think Epic deserves a single money grubbing cent from that.

It also makes it seem Epic genuinely doesn't have a clue what people want from UT, so they're just leaving most of it in the hands of the community and when/if things don't go well they can just hold up their hands going "not us, we didn't do that" all while making a buck off it, not to mention any PR and people using and getting used to using their tech.

People getting used to using their tech, even for free, is a big boon for them and they know it, they've always known it. Except now it seems like they want to make money off this boon that entrenches their position while others do the lions share of the work, for them.

Have to hand it to them, nothing to lose at this point, with everything to gain doing this, including money. It's not like another blemish however big on a at this point stained UT brand would hurt any more.

If it wasn't for this win/win/win model they wouldn't even be bothering with the UT brand, as evidenced by statements made not long before this UT model was revealed.

Have to hand it to them...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. 4K Is Officially the Next Dumb Format War. Jun 2, 2014, 09:33 NetHead

...if you buy a 4K movie from Sony, you'll need a Sony television to play it back. If you buy one from Samsung, you'll need a Samsung TV to view it

Curious as to how they enforce this, also do they want more people turning to piracy, because that seems like a great incentive.

Nonsense like this is a pretty heavy point on the side to pirate things, hell it takes it from piracy having a better experience to just working as opposed to not.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: hackers un-brick stolen iPhones May 23, 2014, 23:05 NetHead

Creston wrote on May 23, 2014, 11:29:
Good. Maybe now Congress can stop wasting time and money on laws that make the ability to brick phones mandatory....

I remember reading about that possibly happening. Something I wondered about though is it could end up raising the prices of phones.

Currently they get stolen and people of course get a new one, either from insurance, contract or out of their own pocket. If the thefts were somehow stopped the number of phones manufacturers sold would drop and the price would have to go up in relation as a result if they want to keep their profits per phone.

On another note it seems awfully convenient that "they" could just shut down anyone's phone at a whim, for instance if people started organising large protests or the like...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Gears of War can "do a lot more" now that Microsoft owns it. May 16, 2014, 10:39 NetHead

Because... now they can be shameless, follow whatever trend they want adding whatever to the game to make it appeal to more people. Personally I've never been impressed by the franchise while Epic was doing it and don't expect that to change or get better, though it was Epic's baby so they'd have some standards they'd be less willing to compromise on.

I couldn't be bothered to read everything on that page but what I did seems either like a sad joke or just sad.

Have to especially love the concept art the guy is holding up to show off. It's so blurry it could be anything, ridiculous I wouldn't be surprised if someone said "We need to show them something" and a quick image search plus a crazy blur filter later "This is what we've been working on, look, I work hard here".

I don't want to take it seriously because that would mean something screwy could be going on there claiming that smudge is concept art. If I was in any way responsible for that department I'd be heading there now to find out WTF is going on. 100 days work and that's what they have to show. Is it censored? Is it an inside joke? Or have they been jerking off for 100 days and pulled this blur out of their butts when asked to show something.

News Comments > Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3
6. Re: Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3 May 15, 2014, 10:30 NetHead

nin wrote on May 15, 2014, 10:01:
UPDATE: Cevat announces games are already pirated.

I think you mean Cry's.

News Comments > Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer
10. Re: Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer May 8, 2014, 13:11 NetHead

subx wrote on May 8, 2014, 11:43:
NetHead wrote on May 8, 2014, 09:52:
....loosing the entire world along with its countless hours of grind all in an instant so easily is overly harsh.

Doesn't everyone cheat and manually take copies of the save games? Just me? I wouldn't have got much out of this game without doing that....

I do too, without manually backing up save I wouldn't have the patients or time Don't Starve demands to get anywhere in it.

Though I'm guessing there are many people who are either not knowledgable or savvy enough to do that, chances are most people fall into that other category just like most don't know how to fix their car.

It's so odd to make this kind of game so sadistic, just a few changes to its design would have opened it up to so many more players and honestly I think have made it a better, more enjoyable game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: I Played Destiny, Was Boring. May 8, 2014, 10:11 NetHead

I watched some gameplay of Destiny, it showed a number of things but it seemed pretty poor to be honest, at least when you consider this isn't from some new small indie studio making their first lower priced game.

It all seemed to be a mix of stereotypically average or poor gameplay and design with some Halo like things thrown in. They seemed incredibly proud, showing off in the video, taking a moment to look at things they want to make sure you see, like the distant scenery which was just average for any experienced studio or title with such hype or expectations.

The aesthetics clashed quite badly, almost as if they had different designers for things like scenery, characters, levels and somehow that clash seemed to be in the gameplay too.

Also it was blatantly clear it was a console game so I don't see why there is any fuss in bringing Destiny to the PC. It looks like it would be like playing one of those no-name FPS games that get released on PC only because releasing on console takes money.

If a different company was making this exact game, no one would really care about it.

--
One thing I can't help suspecting though, with the issue of it being released on PC coming up over and over. Is that if they do release on PC or have plans to, it's all part of a PR stunt. Exactly like Ubisoft has pulled when it comes to PC versions.

73 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo