Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Petra Fyde

Real Name Petra Fyde   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Petra Fyde
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 102280987
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2010, 13:37
Total Comments 1 (Suspect)
User ID 55490

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Lord of Ultima in Beta
11. Re: Lord of Ultima in Beta Jan 29, 2010, 08:43 Petra Fyde

Anonymous wrote on Jan 27, 2010, 03:36:

Anyone ever play Ultima Online? That game was so addictive that I used to play all day after getting home from school, would "macro" my character during dinner, resume play, begin macroing again as I went to sleep, kept it going in the morning, and then made sure it was still on when I left for school.

That game had so much depth to it. I loved how they tried to make everything usable/interactive to some extent. Like how you could harvest lumber/kindling (using an applicable weapon/tool) from any actual tree in the game.

Or how you could then take those logs and craft them into lumber to be crafted into a multitude of different wooden items (like chairs, boxes, tables, and God knows what random stuff).

I loved all that stuff! I want another MMO where there's SERIOUS focus on crafting/trade-skills. I don't want to play an MMO where the idea of crafting is weapons/armor/potions.

I want a game where I can play the entire damned thing as a craftsman exclusively. I want to be able to mine ore out of the actual mountains, and fish in the water, and skin that fish with my knife, start up a fire with my camping skill from the kindle I carved off the tree over there, and then fry up some fish steaks with my cooking skill.

Or perhaps head into town, where an oven is, and cook some into an actual dish.

Or perhaps I should just macro my shitty bard character endlessly at the bank and see how people love my beautiful noob music.

Why past tense? Ultima Online still exists, I play it daily. I craft all the things you list, and more, much much more. come and see

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo