Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for wrlwnd

Real Name wrlwnd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wrlwnd
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 25, 2010, 16:22
Total Comments 143 (Novice)
User ID 55483

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Chinese Gold-Farming Chain Gangs
35. Re: Chinese Gold-Farming Chain Gangs May 26, 2011, 16:31 wrlwnd

El Pit wrote on May 26, 2011, 15:17:
What I was aiming at was that idea that the evil Chinese empire would only imprison political and/or religious leaders.

Yeah, we get it. Duh.

Completely irrelevant of course. But keep making a point that has nothing to do with the abuses illustrated in the article.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chinese Gold-Farming Chain Gangs
18. Re: Chinese Gold-Farming Chain Gangs May 26, 2011, 12:12 wrlwnd

DanL wrote on May 26, 2011, 10:50:
What's the fuss about? They're prisoners. They're in jail for a reason. Instead of taking them out for 8 hours of hard manual labor breaking rocks or building roads, now they side comfortably in front of a PC playing clicking a mouse for 12 hours. Boohoo. Criminals get no sympathy from me. And don't think for a second that the US is the only country in the world that has a fair legal system. Heck even that's not true.

DanL is a complete moron. One wonders how he makes it through the day with that type of stupidity.

News Comments > Brink Patch Plans
19. Re: Brink Patch Plans May 12, 2011, 15:32 wrlwnd

Why would anybody buy this game?

It's pretty much crap on all counts from what I'm reading.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews May 3, 2011, 11:57 wrlwnd

It's funny how all the Valve fanboys were saying what an awesome game Portal 2 is.

Uh, it's too short and it's not very challenging.

How does that translate into awesome at $50 a pop? Are we really that desperate for a good game?

It's too bad so many people are driven by emotion and not logic anymore.

News Comments > Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
2. Re: Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Apr 27, 2011, 11:04 wrlwnd

The first one rocked.

Really looking forward to this and I think it will be a nice sequel, unlike too many other recent disappointments (e.g. Dragon Age 2, Mafia 2).

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
153. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 26, 2011, 16:22 wrlwnd

Satoru wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 15:29:
It takes about 8-10 hours to finish up the campaign. That isn't much longer than most games these days. You can burn through Crysis2 and CoD in that timeframe.

Which is why I haven't bought either of those titles either. $50 for 10 hours of gameplay is a rip off IMO.

I try to buy games where the price doesn't exceed $2 per hour of gameplay. There are lots of good games that fit that bill.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Demo
34. Re: Bulletstorm Demo Apr 26, 2011, 12:52 wrlwnd

Beamer wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 09:58:
I'm going to announce a general rule here: anyone putting a dollar sign in the "Microsoft" or "MS," especially if misplaced, is just going to get ignored.

Is there a better sign of stupidity?

Hey idiot, I realized what I did as soon as I posted, but I didn't think someone would be stupid enough to worry about it, let alone comment on it, so I left it alone. Apparently I was wrong.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Demo
31. Re: Bulletstorm Demo Apr 26, 2011, 09:30 wrlwnd

The bulletstorm demo is a perfect illustration of everything that's wrong with PC video games today.

I downloaded it via steam to try on my new computer.

I'm a lefty, so I use the mouse left handed and the keypad for everything else.

So it won't let me redefine the Keypad 5 key.

It also won't let me redefine the Keypad 0 key.

Then when I try to redefine the Keypad 7 key, Games for Windows Live pops up, which I don't want or need.

So I get out of the demo so I can read up on how to re-define the GFWL home key to something else, and it forces me to sit though some 5-minutes BS video before it quits the game.

So I read that I can redefine the home key to ctrl-home once I login to GFWL. So I restart the game, login to GFWL, and it asks me for the product key for the game. IT'S A DEMO. I DON'T HAVE A GD PRODUCT KEY.

So I can't redefine the Keypad 7 key, the Keypad 5 key, or the keypad 0 key. All of which I use on other games regularly.

So I'm like, screw it, I'll muddle through and try to use some other keys. So I try to use the right arrow key, but it won't distinguish the right arrow key from the Keypad 6 key. WTF. This is 2011. Those should be seen as independent keys as works in ALL my other games. So I say screw it, I'll just walk around handicapped not being able to use half the keys I want.

So after all that it takes about SEVEN MINUTES to get through the ENTIRE demo. After which I'm forced to watch that stupid video YET AGAIN.

Instant de-install. No way I'll ever buy this POS, regardless of how cheap it is.

Fvck Epic. Fvck $MS and their BS GFWL.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview
50. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interview Apr 26, 2011, 09:20 wrlwnd

Wow, really?

It's okay to slaughter people wholesale but as soon as you smack a woman on the ass you've crossed a line?

Idiots.

136. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 22:50 wrlwnd

Dev wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 18:07:
wrlwnd wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 17:13:
I'm not paying $50 for 6 hours of gameplay.

I don't care how "polished" it is.

Yeah, the haters that gave it a 0 are idiots. But so are all the slavering sites that gave it a 100.
6 is running it through as fast as they can. I took around 10 or 12 hours and enjoyed the scenery. Plus there's the whole other co-op campaign which is totally different and something like 6-8 hours. So in total its about 20 hours. Hopefully valve will stick to its pattern of free DLC for PC users and release some additional co-op campaigns.

I don't know anybody else who has bought it, or will anytime soon, so that takes co-op out. Which leaves, even according to your figures, 10 to 12 hours max of gameplay. That isn't worth $50. I'll pick it up when it hits the $25 to $30 mark.

109. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 17:13 wrlwnd

I'm not paying $50 for 6 hours of gameplay.

I don't care how "polished" it is.

Yeah, the haters that gave it a 0 are idiots. But so are all the slavering sites that gave it a 100.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2011, 11:36 wrlwnd

Why are the Xbox reviews of Crysis 2 put here instead of the appropriate section?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2011, 16:58 wrlwnd

Should be 1:59:27  

News Comments > Carmack: Direct3D Now "Rather Better" Than OpenGL
12. Re: Carmack: Direct3D Now Mar 11, 2011, 11:29 wrlwnd

Beamer wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 10:35:

I was being sarcastic, as many seem to think that DX10 and DX11 were marketing stunts rather than actual advances.

Oh bull.

The reality is most people were upset that the DX10 features weren't available for XP, not that the features weren't real.

News Comments > Dragon Age II and High-Rez Patch Released
99. Re: Dragon Age 2 and High-Rez Patch Released Mar 9, 2011, 17:12 wrlwnd

joe2tiger wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 11:11:
wrlwnd wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 11:01:
Tying high-res textures to DirectX 11 is total fail.

WTF are these developers smoking?

I don't understand, how that is a total fail? Perhaps they are thinking if you have the hardware to run high res, you likely have the latest gen cards on the market.

Uh, yes, I have a good card, one with enough memory to run the high-res textures. But I'm running it on XP, which doesn't run DX-11. So to tie DX-11 to high-res textures as was stated in the release notes doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

News Comments > Dragon Age II and High-Rez Patch Released
11. Re: Dragon Age 2 and High-Rez Patch Released Mar 8, 2011, 11:01 wrlwnd

Tying high-res textures to DirectX 11 is total fail.

WTF are these developers smoking?

News Comments > id Software Relocating
14. Re: id Software Relocating Mar 7, 2011, 14:43 wrlwnd

250 people??

WTF have they accomplished with all those folks?

News Comments > Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans
40. Re: Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans Mar 6, 2011, 00:54 wrlwnd

What idiot pays $60 for a 6-hour game??  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans
4. Re: Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans Feb 8, 2011, 11:04 wrlwnd

Pretty ridiculous this wasn't in from the get go.

WTF?

I can't remember the last time a game didn't allow basic things like "move forward" being mapped to the mouse. This is 2011, FFS.

News Comments > Banned Games on Steam in Australia
6. Re: Banned Games on Steam in Australia Jan 7, 2011, 16:55 wrlwnd

Midnight wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 16:52:
Bah, that's some shoddy reporting from VG247.

AFIK, the only game on that list to be refused classification in AU is Manhunt, the rest are freely purchasable from EB, JB-HiFi etc (and I own most of them, locally bought). I suspect their previous unavailability on Steam was related to arrangements with local distributors rather than the OFLC.

What's wrong with Manhunt?

143 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo