Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ravener

Real Name Ravener   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ravener
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 1
Description Sentient
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 21, 2010, 18:52
Total Comments 11 (Suspect)
User ID 55475

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2014, 14:52 Ravener

I'm also a long-time Tivo user that would encourage you to go that route. I'm currently using the DirecTV Tivo, which makes a lot of trade-offs compared to the latest cable versions. But I'd still pick it because the software and UI. I got my box from Weaknees with an upgraded hard drive.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2013, 18:41 Ravener

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 17:12:
Ravener wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 15:49:
Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 13:43:
Are you high or just stupid? ...bigot...hate group...fuck him...fuck all his other hatemonger religious whacko friends! Fuck DC...Fuck them...Fuck Sprouse...fuck all the other bigots and racists

So let me get this straight. You think (rather emphatically I gather) that CARD is the hatemonger? What does that make you, exactly? Mr. Peace, Love, and Understanding?

Yes, you're right, let's all go out and hug some bigots and racists because that'll just fix everything. It' called justifiable anger. Being intoklerant of bigots and racists doesn't make me intolerant. they're actively trying to curtail other peoples freedom simply because they don't like them and you think that's a good thing do you? Go put on your brown shirt then and show everyone where you stand.

Calling people with different opinions bigots and racists doesn't make it so. It merely shows that you claim to understand the basis of their opinion, when in fact you do not even attempt to do so.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2013, 15:49 Ravener

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 13:43:
Are you high or just stupid? ...bigot...hate group...fuck him...fuck all his other hatemonger religious whacko friends! Fuck DC...Fuck them...Fuck Sprouse...fuck all the other bigots and racists

So let me get this straight. You think (rather emphatically I gather) that CARD is the hatemonger? What does that make you, exactly? Mr. Peace, Love, and Understanding?

17. Re: Out of thBluee Oct 4, 2012, 18:11 Ravener

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 17:00:
But in any case, child, I'm sorry I wasn't entertaining enough. Run back to college and scream real loud how unfair the world is and how it NEEDS TO BE BETTER, DAMMIT!

Creston

Actually, I'm much more aligned with the Tea Party than with the OWS people, as you seem to suggest. And I didn't mean to insult you, just a bit weary of the cynical disengagement I see from some, when I think we need more informed participation instead.

Are you a Ron Paul guy? If so, I can understand some of the bitterness at the status quo.

11. Re: Out of thBluee Oct 4, 2012, 16:00 Ravener

Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 13:52:
Liar #1: ....
Liar #2: *crickets*

Creston

Congratulations on having figured out politics! Your cynical insight has really cut through the issues and raised the level of intelligent discourse. Your country thanks you.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 12:46 Ravener

I'd like to take this opportunity to request that all of you refrain from any questing, leveling or heroic deeds in ESO, as that will be the sole domain of my Dovahkin/Courier/Lone Wanderer character, and necessary to my personal immersion.

Thank you.

News Comments > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo
3. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo Jan 17, 2012, 20:18 Ravener

You do have to log in to Origin from within the game client before playing. I had an account from Mass Effect 2, so it wasn't a big deal for me.

The gameplay rates about a 9.7/10 on the Console Design scale, though (clunky interface and key mapping). Art and animations are awesome, but after an hour I don't know that it has more to offer than Torchlight, let alone Diablo III.

I was expecting a lot from the Schilling/Salvatore/McFarlane/Big Huge Games alliance, so maybe it's worth delving deeper.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Delayed
14. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Delayed Aug 10, 2011, 15:42 Ravener

I'm surprised so many people are down on Dead Money. I thought the design was quite brilliant. It especially worked as a contrast to the normal Mojave gameplay. I was forced to leave my comfort zone with no companions, sniper rifle, or other usual comforts. Great use of a relatively small area (the Villa) with multiple levels, collar barriers, and the mist. Creepy atmosphere.

And now I can hoard my 37 gold bars in my Underground Hideout mod.

Old World Blues did raise the bar, however.

News Comments > Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play
41. Re: Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play Jun 29, 2011, 14:45 Ravener

Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 11:30:
Here's what I don't get about grinding for gear: Why do you do it? I can see grinding for better loot if that better loot helps you beat specific dungeons and stuff, but it seems that in WoW, you're already DOING those dungeons (or raids, whatever) just to get better gear?

So with that better gear you can then... do that exact same raid with less effort?

That's never really made any sense to me. Admittedly, I've never played WoW, so perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the whole thing.

Creston

There are several tiers of raid dungeons after the level cap. So, while you stop raising your level at 85, you continue raising your item level, through tiers of increasing difficulty, to the hardcore raider status, if you want. Similarly, you can find the level of PvP you enjoy. If you want easy PvP, gank noobs in World PvP. A step up in organization and teamwork is in Battlegrounds. And the hardcore tactical fights are in Arenas.

There are so many ways to play the game, that the problem becomes not that Blizzard doesn't care about your specific gameplay preferences, but that it can take a while to find it yourself.

News Comments > VGA Ratings Dip
5. Re: VGA Ratings Dip Jan 26, 2010, 12:11 Ravener

Great comment, Raurus.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Patched
5. Re: When does this beta exactly end? Jan 21, 2010, 14:04 Ravener

Whenever I'm feeling good about an MMO, I can always count on Bluesnews comments to bring me back to earth.

Skinner box? Same three missions? Tough crowd. There's repetition in everything we do. I think some of you think it's a badge of honor to be the first to rip a new game, especially if it's an MMO.

Star Trek has a lot going for it. The starship combat is awesome, and the quests are varied, interesting, and sometimes fairly complex (in terms of one segment leading to another). Some areas obviously need work. Champions was a disappointment, but don't hold it against this development team. Suspend your cynicism and give it a shot.

11 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo