Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Esoteric

Real Name Esoteric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Esoteric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2010, 10:00
Total Comments 421 (Amateur)
User ID 55469

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?
27. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 12:27 Esoteric

You want an Aliens game? Try this! http://www.mostimpressive.nl/AKF/index.html It's a free mod (just released, in the works for 2 years) for Killing Floor (it's also on Steam Workshop).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More NPD 2012 Sales Analysis
2. Re: More NPD 2012 Sales Analysis Feb 5, 2013, 22:26 Esoteric

How do they get their digital figures when the biggest digital store, Steam, doesn't release sales figures? (except to the people selling the game, obviously)  

News Comments > Wizardry Online Launches
14. Re: Wizardry Online Launches Jan 31, 2013, 02:02 Esoteric

It's sad that they have the name. Wizardy 8 was awesome (it still is). My favorite turn-based RPG ever.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
13. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 07:23 Esoteric

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 06:34:
What's the chance of a decent game experience by doing a public random party game from level 1 onward in this? Also what's the ping like for Europeans?

I am actually waiting a day to get all these beta guys out of my view The further they are from my first game experience the better it will be. And the higher imo, the chance to find a decent guy or gal to do a bit of relaxed coop gaming in this...

My main (and basically only) gripe with this game is that loot is not individually instanced, it's a race to pick it up first (although you get a short timer where only you can pick it up if you kill the monster). This system makes it so I'm very unlikely to ever party with someone I don't know. But I tend to solo anyway, so this isn't a huge problem for me.

Awesome game, by the way. Great character-building game mechanics in the form of skills, support skills, loot, passive skill tree, and stats.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
24. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Jan 23, 2013, 14:01 Esoteric

Yes, it's F2P, and one of the most generous F2P games I've seen. They're adamantly opposed to selling power in any form. Most things are just going to be cosmetics like different weapon effects, pets, graphical effects for your character, different skill effects. They also sell more character slots, but they give you 24 slots for free. They also sell more stash tabs, but they give you quite a lot for free.

There are some other things in the works for the shop like custom ladders where you can just invite your friends/guild.

Basically, you don't feel gimped if you don't want to pay anything. You'll have access to the full game.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
7. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Jan 23, 2013, 10:46 Esoteric

PoE open beta starts today!  

News Comments > Edge: Valve, Mojang "Greatest Developers"
19. Re: Edge: Valve, Mojang Jan 14, 2013, 12:48 Esoteric

I know it's a "greatest developer" title, but I think one must also consider all the "side" things Valve does, like release Source Film Maker for free (which is an awesome tool), all their games are incredibly moddable, letting fans who make the mods/items make a lot of money, they do Free To Play done right, Steam Workshop integrates mods in other games in an easy to use manner, Big Picture Mode, The International tournament, pushing Linux/Linux client, cloud services, lowers the price on their games quickly, etc. They do a lot of little things right and I think it adds up to a lot.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDP Reveal Next Month?
10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 10, 2013, 19:26 Esoteric

The game isn't due out until 2015 at the earliest.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware
36. Re: Steam Hardware Jan 8, 2013, 19:48 Esoteric

Interview with Gabe HERE  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2013, 02:08 Esoteric

Good article.  

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
12. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 11:18 Esoteric

Well, I suppose it's better than them saying, "We currently have no plans for a PC version at this time."  

News Comments > Epic Seattle Hiring
5. Re: Epic Seattle Hiring Oct 18, 2012, 20:21 Esoteric

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 15:26:
As long as you can use the word 'badass' at least 10 times in any project your working on, then you too can work at Epic Games, because Epic Games only makes the biggest, and most badass games ever (only on Xbox).

You forgot EXTREME!

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
13. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 15:49 Esoteric

Both are good games, but LoL is a lot more casual than DOTA 2. You can just jump into LoL and have a decent amount of fun. Not so with Dota 2. It's more like a decision to decide to learn to play, an investment of time. In the end, it will be more rewarding, but it takes work to get there. Checkers Vs. Chess, IMO. I have a few hundred hours in LoL, and although I'm in the Dota 2 beta, I'm still debating whether I want to make the time commitment to learn the game.
Another major plus to Dota 2 is that everyone has access to all heroes at full power, all the time. LoL you're limited by the current hero pool, trait lines, etc.

And anyone who thinks Valve is too late to the party... ha. Dota 2 is consistently at the top of Steam game stats, and it's not even released yet! Not everyone who wants to play can play.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ Currently 100k playing right now, about as much as Borderlands 2 and XCom combined.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Dungeon Editor
2. Re: Legend of Grimrock Dungeon Editor Oct 6, 2012, 02:47 Esoteric

I wonder if it's possible to do random loot with this? Or even random dungeons? I think this would make a very fun rogue-like if possible.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2012, 00:29 Esoteric

I feel bad for the Browns. They seem to be an actual decent team this year, they just can't pull it off (Eagles/Ravens/etc). Put up a good fight every time.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2012, 11:38 Esoteric

The Packers were the blood sacrifice necessary to make this happen. Bless you, Packers. And with the real refs officiating tonight, there goes any chance the Browns had at winning. (Sorry Browns fans!)  

News Comments > Mass Effect Trilogy Announced
11. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 27, 2012, 02:33 Esoteric

I did enjoy the first and second installments. But I got the first for $5 and the second for free, so that might have something to do with it. Won't play the 3rd until it's $5.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion Sep 20, 2012, 02:08 Esoteric

I would probably get this if there wasn't so many good games out right now. GW2, BL2, TL2, X-Com coming up... Too many great games, not enough time.  

News Comments > G4 Makeover Coming?
10. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Sep 7, 2012, 13:10 Esoteric

Every time I see G4 in the TV listings it's playing 8 hours of Cops.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow
15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Tomorrow Aug 15, 2012, 01:31 Esoteric

WyldKat wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 01:13:
Esoteric wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 00:46:
Everyone decided on their first main profession? I'm going necro, even though it needs some love.

Engineer! I love plopping down turrets, supply crate drops, and making my flamethrower go *FWOOOSH!*

Engineer was in my top 3 possible mains, will be an alt soon! Pretty different from the other professions in the use of weapon kits instead of a lot of weapons.

421 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo