Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Esoteric

Real Name Esoteric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Esoteric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2010, 10:00
Total Comments 421 (Amateur)
User ID 55469

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 28, 2010, 11:38 Esoteric

I think I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 more than any other game at this point, including Diablo III.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Brazil Woman Declared Dead Wakes Up 2 Days Later Dec 27, 2010, 12:14 Esoteric

Sorry about the Giants. Again.  

News Comments > Diablo III Encounters
2. Re: Diablo III Encounters Dec 22, 2010, 10:46 Esoteric

I wonder if Diablo III will break some PC game sales records, like most sold in 24 hours, a week, etc. I think it definitely has a chance.  

News Comments > Ye Olde TF2 Holiday Update
2. Re: Ye Olde TF2 Holiday Update Dec 18, 2010, 03:37 Esoteric

In before, "I hate anything new and/or added to TF2, I only liked it when it was vanilla, it started getting bad at the xyz update, waaaaa!"

Crocket to the face!

News Comments > Monday Night Combat Beta
7. Re: Monday Night Combat Beta Dec 17, 2010, 01:12 Esoteric

I heard it was pretty good on XBLA, but I'll wait to see what the general consensus is for PC. If it is good, though, it should see a decent audience on Steam.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG
14. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 01:07 Esoteric

I think that next year is going to be the year that WoW finally loses some numbers. Between SWTOR (which I don't think will be very good) and GW2 (which I think will be very good), people will be finished with Cataclysm, and move on, either to another MMO or other games. Obviously nothing is going to "kill it," and it's silly to talk about it that way, but Bioware and Arenanet are both quality developers that look like they're on track to make the game they want.

I have nothing against WoW personally, only that it makes other possibly good MMORPGS very hard to be successful.

News Comments > On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle
28. Re: On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle Dec 15, 2010, 10:28 Esoteric

Haha, I see Notch from Minecraft contributed 2,000 on the Humble Bundle, nice. And some of the other top contributers are advertising, lol.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced
46. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced Dec 13, 2010, 02:34 Esoteric

EDIT: Already updated.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2010, 02:54.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2010, 12:48 Esoteric

I'm glad he resigned, too. I do a lot of driving for my work and it makes the road a lot more amusing.  

News Comments > Dragon Gaming Speech Pack
4. Re: Cheating? Dec 8, 2010, 22:24 Esoteric

The technology isn't quite there yet to be completely reliable, but I think voice control will have a place in games in the future.  

News Comments > The Great Steam Treasure Hunt Begins
14. Re: The Great Steam Treasure Hunt Begins Dec 6, 2010, 21:10 Esoteric

Well, I already had my profile avatar. Don't have the other games. Hopefully one of the other objectives is one of the really hard achievements on Defense Grid.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch
3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Nov 30, 2010, 11:27 Esoteric

The 4 new free maps. They'll just unlock the use of them when they want to.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Patched
7. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Patched Nov 30, 2010, 00:51 Esoteric

You just breathed new life into MMOs! Just like stadiums being sponsored/paid for by huge companies, so can MMO quests!

Just imagine it now... The Lord of the Rings Online presents the Fedex Epic Quest Line, now with 50% more Orc Decapitations!

I'm actually looking forward to this patch, though. Have a 43 Loremaster (only paid for one month to unlock bags, traits, etc.) I like that I can take a break for a month or 3 and go back to it anytime. You never have that feeling with a subscription.

News Comments > Drakensang Online Announced
2. Re: Drakensang Online Announced Nov 30, 2010, 00:40 Esoteric

I've never really played a "real" game in a browser that I thought was good. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the deck is stacked against it.  

News Comments > Rift Beta Friday
6. Re: Rift Beta Friday Nov 30, 2010, 00:37 Esoteric

I signed up for the beta (like I do for most MMOs), just to try it out. I don't know much about the game, but it seems like they've stated that they're focusing more on PvE than PvP. Not sure where all the hate is coming from unless you've actually played it (I haven't).

As for using the beta as a marketing tool as opposed to testing purposes, it's quite easy to do both.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2010, 17:52 Esoteric

I like it a lot, but I liked HoMM III a lot, too. KB doesn't have base/town building like HoMM does. There's actually a demo of King's Bounty: Armored Princess on Steam, that's probably the best way to find out.

EDIT: Doh, too late. Hope you enjoy! I particularly enjoy the graphics and the way the land is set up to explore. Very whimsical-like.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 18:05 Esoteric

I put Portal 2 on my wish list as #1. Hopefully that gains me favor with the contest gods and allows me to win.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Plans
17. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Plans Nov 23, 2010, 09:21 Esoteric

If I play the 10 day trial thing, are the patch changes included in that? The revamped starting zones and such?  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Extended
6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Extended Nov 18, 2010, 23:51 Esoteric

Icewind wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 23:37:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 22:13:
FREE TRIAL!!!! (after you buy the game for $50)!!!!!!

I know 12 million people disagree with me, but MMOs should either cost $50 to "buy" and then have DLC or be free to download and then cost a monthly fee. They should never cost money to "buy" and then cost more money monthly.

Give it about 3-4 years and every single MMO will be following that rule.

I think you may be right, but it really depends on what kind of content the company puts out. LOTRO, in my opinion, has struck a fairly good balance on different ways to pay for an MMORPG.

And FFXIV is a horrible game, and the redemption of it is very improbable. There are too many horrible design decisions already implemented.

News Comments > Mass Effect Online?
17. Re: Mass Effect Online? Nov 18, 2010, 16:58 Esoteric

If it's an actual multiplayer shooter, they better have a new engine in the works.  

421 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo