Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Esoteric

Real Name Esoteric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Esoteric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2010, 10:00
Total Comments 412 (Amateur)
User ID 55469

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2011, 11:34 Esoteric

I still can't believe they beat the Patriots. I don't think the Patriots can believe it either. Being a Steelers fan, I was rooting for the Jets, as I think the Patriots are a better team overall (no offense Jets fans!).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Champions Online This Month
15. Re: Free Champions Online This Month Jan 12, 2011, 17:40 Esoteric

H4WT wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 13:19:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 12:50:
and GW2 suceeds.

We'll see about that. All GW2 has released are blog hype posts decrying the rest of the MMO industry (thus building rapport with gamers who are burnt out and tired of the same-old, a common PR tactic), some screenshots, and maybe a video or two.

I remember when SWTOR was considered the new herald of MMOs before they actually released anything that included actual content.

I'll believe it when it's in my hands.

Um, GW2 has had a PLAYABLE DEMO at several conventions. That's a little more than "screenshots and a video or two."

News Comments > DC Universe Online Trailer
7. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 13:07 Esoteric

I had no problems playing it with m/kb on a PC in the beta. The combat is fast-paced and does have more in common with an action game than a traditional MMO. There isn't a TON of customize choices when you create your character, but that's because they decided they wanted you to receive loot that altered your appearance as the game progresses.  

News Comments > ArenaNet Retrospective
1. Re: ArenaNet Retrospective Jan 10, 2011, 15:34 Esoteric

Interesting video, seems like a group of people that actually love playing and making games. A good vibe within a company goes a long way. They also have an awesome art team for GW2.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Revenues Triple
2. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Revenues Triple Jan 7, 2011, 11:20 Esoteric

I agree that the majority of F2P MMOs in the past haven't been very good, but the landscape is changing. LOTRO is still a quality MMO, they now just allow users different methods of paying. You can still choose to sub monthly, or you can buy the areas one at a time. LOTRO is F2P done right, and I think you'll start seeing the trend becoming more common place in both new MMOs and old.

WoW is a Pay-to-Play MMO, and that has an extremely high number of kids and morons. LOTRO players are much, much more mature and friendly in general. Making something pay-to-play doesn't keep out the kids and morons.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2011, 01:34 Esoteric

I don't think STOR is going to do that well long-term either, but it's not because of WoW. It's because the graphics are plastic-looking crap, the gameplay doesn't seem to offer anything new (except perhaps focus on single player...why a sub?), and it's Star Wars, so any good ideas they may have has to go through lore lawyers. I respect Bioware as a company in general, but what I've seen so far has not impressed me in the least.

Now Guild Wars 2, on the other hand, which already has a plethora of information, demo videos, design philosophy details available...that has impressed me. And I only have to buy it once.

News Comments > Million Tank March
3. Re: Million Tank March Jan 4, 2011, 14:32 Esoteric

That actually looks like it might be fun.  

News Comments > APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month
7. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 14:28 Esoteric

They've already stated that the relaunched version won't have a monthly subscription.  

News Comments > On Bad Company 2 Stats
4. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 30, 2010, 03:18 Esoteric

To be fair, that IS a lot of actions that need to be simultaneously computed. I know they planned the event ahead of time, so of course they're blameworthy, but still. Millions of events each day.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Dec 28, 2010, 11:58 Esoteric

I'm not sure if it's in yet, but I did find this:

Curtis Johnson – Game Designer: Guild Wars 2 includes a full Marketplace for players, which will differ from the usual MMO auction house in a number of ways. The biggest and most important difference is GW2’s Marketplace supports postings from both buyers and sellers. You might put your sword up for sale, then offer 100 gold for the specific axe you’re looking for without having to find any specific seller. The market can display the history of average value and trends for an item, making it easy to determine a fair value for your goods. It might be worth waiting to sell your item, depending if the price is rising or falling.

Items you put up for sale may sell while you’re offline, and the funds will be deposited in your account bank. You must be in game to put a new item up for sale, but you will be able to browse the market, bid from your account bank, or cancel your own auctions and offers while logged in to a web browser without running the game.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 28, 2010, 11:47 Esoteric

I remember using some of those AOL CDs for coasters... They were EVERYWHERE.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 28, 2010, 11:38 Esoteric

I think I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 more than any other game at this point, including Diablo III.  

2. Re: Brazil Woman Declared Dead Wakes Up 2 Days Later Dec 27, 2010, 12:14 Esoteric

Sorry about the Giants. Again.  

News Comments > Diablo III Encounters
2. Re: Diablo III Encounters Dec 22, 2010, 10:46 Esoteric

I wonder if Diablo III will break some PC game sales records, like most sold in 24 hours, a week, etc. I think it definitely has a chance.  

News Comments > Ye Olde TF2 Holiday Update
2. Re: Ye Olde TF2 Holiday Update Dec 18, 2010, 03:37 Esoteric

In before, "I hate anything new and/or added to TF2, I only liked it when it was vanilla, it started getting bad at the xyz update, waaaaa!"

Crocket to the face!

News Comments > Monday Night Combat Beta
7. Re: Monday Night Combat Beta Dec 17, 2010, 01:12 Esoteric

I heard it was pretty good on XBLA, but I'll wait to see what the general consensus is for PC. If it is good, though, it should see a decent audience on Steam.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG
14. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 01:07 Esoteric

I think that next year is going to be the year that WoW finally loses some numbers. Between SWTOR (which I don't think will be very good) and GW2 (which I think will be very good), people will be finished with Cataclysm, and move on, either to another MMO or other games. Obviously nothing is going to "kill it," and it's silly to talk about it that way, but Bioware and Arenanet are both quality developers that look like they're on track to make the game they want.

I have nothing against WoW personally, only that it makes other possibly good MMORPGS very hard to be successful.

News Comments > On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle
28. Re: On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle Dec 15, 2010, 10:28 Esoteric

Haha, I see Notch from Minecraft contributed 2,000 on the Humble Bundle, nice. And some of the other top contributers are advertising, lol.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced
46. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced Dec 13, 2010, 02:34 Esoteric

EDIT: Already updated.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2010, 02:54.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2010, 12:48 Esoteric

I'm glad he resigned, too. I do a lot of driving for my work and it makes the road a lot more amusing.  

412 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo