Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Esoteric

Real Name Esoteric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Esoteric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2010, 10:00
Total Comments 409 (Amateur)
User ID 55469

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
27. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 17, 2013, 08:23 Esoteric

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:19:
I don't know why DICE even bothers to patch any of their games. They know you suckers are just going to keep giving them money no matter what. Lol!

You're a fucking retard, and the world would be better off without out. You're nothing but negative about everything. I don't even own or like BF4, but I wish I could erase your thoughts and existence from the universe. It'd be a better place.

EDIT: Forgot my Lol!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
7. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 12, 2013, 22:21 Esoteric

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 22:14:
Why would anyone give them more money for Diablo when:

A: They made enough off of the RMAH to fund a free expansion.
B: They still have not added all the content that was supposed to be in the retail game! The PVP stuff they promised is not there.

People don't have to give them more money if they own the base game. Most of the big mechanics changes in the expansion are free in a patch for base D3 owners. Should be easy to see if it's worth a purchase after trying the changes for free. (It probably won't be worth it)

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
5. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 12, 2013, 21:30 Esoteric

Cutter wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 21:09:
"Darling, it's a Mr. Death or something? He's here about the reaping?"

I get this reference.

Also, under the Reaper of Souls patch notes, it lists new class skills. I know many things are included for the base game in the patch, but are the skills among them? Or do you need the expansion for them?

I'm not getting my hopes up. I was severely disappointed with D3, but I'm willing to try the changes since it's free to do so. My biggest problem was with the incredibly boring loot. If it still sucks, I'll just keep playing PoE and Grim Dawn.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 14:04 Esoteric

I bought the alpha about a month ago and put quite a few hours into it already. Really like it so far. Can't wait for Act 2.  

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
33. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 04:34 Esoteric

I've gone months in offline mode before with no problem whatsoever. Sorry some of you are having troubles, but it's not a conspiracy.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
24. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 24, 2013, 05:51 Esoteric

PoE is a great game if you're a "hardcore" action RPG fan. The mechanics are involved and complicated, allowing tons of build possibilities, through passives, skill gems, and unique gear. This is what makes it great for some people, and bad for others.

But it's free to play in its entirety. And if you like it, and have some cash to spare, send some to the devs. They're truly a good company and deserve all the credit and money they get. I suggest extra stash space as your first purchase.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter Sep 12, 2013, 23:31 Esoteric

It is an online game, it has PvP. And they've stated they're interested in adding a co-op element as well, which would be pretty cool.

I got to about level 10 in the beta, and really enjoyed it. Only stopped because they were going to wipe at end of beta. Glad it is now released.

It's free to play, so anyone who's interested in D&D, turn-based strategy, and TCG mix should check it out, it's pretty damn fun.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 13:47 Esoteric

Found this infographic on Reddit: http://abload.de/img/gw2yearone6jkfp.png

Yeah, I think they've been pretty damn good at pumping out content at a quick rate, all for free.

News Comments > Valve Closes SF Satellite Office
16. Re: Valve Closes SF Satellite Office Aug 9, 2013, 07:31 Esoteric

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 00:59:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 23:25:
Whew, close one guys. Almost thought Valve was going to release a game this year.
Didn't they release DOTA 2?

It doesn't really count since hardly anyone plays that game.

Oh wait. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

News Comments > Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year?
7. Re: Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year? Jul 21, 2013, 13:26 Esoteric

What about Apple and iTunes? Are they going after the ability to resell 99 cent digital song purchases? Just curious.  

News Comments > LoL Players Athletes
5. Re: LoL Players Athletes Jul 13, 2013, 00:27 Esoteric

What do visas have to do with health insurance?

Anyway, whether you're a fan of LoL or not, this is good for gaming in general. The more e-sports are recognized and considered legitimate, the more money developers make, the more they can spend making good games.

Even if you don't like LoL or e-sports, how would it negatively affect you in any manner whatsoever?

And to focus on the word "athlete" is a bit silly, as chess is considered a sport, and the players are "athletes" as well. Same goes for billiards and several other activities I'm sure people would find questionable.

News Comments > Dota 2 Rollout Details
9. Re: Dota 2 Rollout Details Jul 10, 2013, 12:46 Esoteric

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ Yeah, just a few diehards enjoying that snorefest.

Stop liking things I don't like!

News Comments > Steam Trading Cards Launch
23. Re: Steam Trading Cards Launch Jun 26, 2013, 19:50 Esoteric

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 18:25:
they are starting to lose customers in droves, im one who has left. So to help slow down the exit lane, they try and lock you in to shopping here, with this bs collecting crap.... its pretty sad....

Droves? Really? Wow. Rolleyes

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Keys [Updated]
8. Re: Dota 2 No Longer Requires Beta Keys Jun 21, 2013, 13:33 Esoteric

Yeah, you still need keys to play. The reason why everyone has it in their inventory (even before this) is because it's free to download and you can use it for spectator mode without a key.  

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Begins
12. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Begins Jun 13, 2013, 08:20 Esoteric

I played it for a few months when it was first released, and it's a good MMO in the traditional vein. Trion (at least regarding Rift) has been a good dev company with lots of free, fun content updates at a reasonably fast pace.

Will definitely check out the F2P version.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
22. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 04:29 Esoteric

I really wonder if Microsoft will backtrack at all on the online connection once every 24 hours after the gaming public blows up tomorrow over it. I don't understand how they could be so stupid.

I found this quote on reddit (not mine) and thought it was hilariously true:

"I think that's going to be everyone's response. At this point, basically all that Sony have to do is prove that their console exists and won't actively try to murder the user, and they'll win this generation of games consoles pretty decisively. I don't know what Microsoft are thinking."

So, they going to backtrack or no?

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
4. Re: Path of Exile Patched Jun 6, 2013, 10:16 Esoteric

Haven't played the game for a while, but think I will start anew in the Anarchy league when it begins tomorrow. Should be fun.  

News Comments > Defiance Free Weekend
6. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 06:41 Esoteric

If you're in the mood for co-op, run and gun, interesting loot/modifications, check out Warframe. I gave up on it after 10 minutes before, but after giving it more time, it's pretty damn fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's free. I suggest Excalibur for your first Warframe.

News Comments > Trion Layoffs
19. Re: Trion Layoffs May 18, 2013, 03:35 Esoteric

Rift is actually a pretty good MMO and the team behind it has updated it frequently and well. Don't play it anymore but might fire it up again when it hits F2P. Haven't played Defiance, but my experience with Rift was positive, Trion seemed like a good developer who listened to feedback and had good, free updates quite often. Sorry to see people lose their jobs.  

News Comments > Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed
15. Re: Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed May 16, 2013, 11:34 Esoteric

ItBurn wrote on May 16, 2013, 11:16:
Verno wrote on May 16, 2013, 11:13:
ItBurn wrote on May 16, 2013, 11:09:
I can't understand why people like MOBA games. It sucks. Same thing over and over. Interaction is extremely limited. I mean sure there's tons of different heroes, but who cares... I guess the attraction may be that it's so simple to play. Wow has proven that simple beats "good" in the general population.

I don't love them or something but the itemization, hero skill, teamwork elements and ability to think on your fee make it seem deceptively simple, MOBA games actually have a very high skill ceiling and more strategy than people realize.

They are far from simple but you really need to play one for an extended period of time to wrap your around it, if you just play a few games or watch some casts they don't seem like much.

I absolutely get that there's lots of strategy. I can understand the simple to learn/tough to master angle. I just don't understand why people find MOBAs fun.

It's like chess, except the pieces change every game. And although the goal is simple, the gameplay can be very complex, and there are a lot of variables one must adapt too. LoL is certainly easier to start playing and having fun. Dota 2 takes more time to get in the swing of things. They're not very fun if you have no idea what you're doing, but if you invest the time to learn the game they're one of the more rewarding genres.

409 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo