Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Esoteric

Real Name Esoteric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Esoteric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2010, 10:00
Total Comments 421 (Amateur)
User ID 55469

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Loadout
13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 23:51 Esoteric

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 23:46:
Do they have European servers? I am spoiled by BF4 and sub 30ms servers .p

Yep, so far they have NA, EU, and AUS. And I think they said dedicated servers will be coming eventually.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 23:42 Esoteric

Whether you like the humor or not, the actual gameplay is good, which is more important to me.  

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 22:48 Esoteric

If you can't get in the NA servers tonight, you can go to game options and change it to the Australia network, only a 2 minute wait there and the ping isn't that bad.

Played a few more matches. Very fun game.

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 18:30 Esoteric

Got to play one match of this before the matchmaking servers went kaput. Was pretty fun, and the gun customization was pretty slick. It's pretty fast-paced, too.  

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
8. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:59 Esoteric

I'm seriously curious how much that trailer cost. At least a million? Crazy.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots
12. Re: Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots Jan 28, 2014, 04:10 Esoteric

I really wanted to like LoG, but the real-time strafe combat kind of turned me off (that, and the focus on puzzles more than combat). I think it could have been more tactful/engaging combat if it had been turn-based, less puzzles, and more adventure.  

News Comments > Valve Beta Streaming Impressions
4. Re: Valve Beta Streaming Impressions Jan 27, 2014, 11:18 Esoteric

You can stream to/from anything that can run a Steam client (doesn't have to be SteamOS).  

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
35. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 17:55 Esoteric

Nighthawk wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 17:25:
From Friday, January 10th at 6:00PM EST
Until Sunday, January 12th at 11:59PM EST

E97TWX4CFJ9PJW7K667L

I can't stand stress tests, so enjoy, someone....

My girlfriend says "Thank you!"

News Comments > On Sale (2)
16. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 03:52 Esoteric

It's being DDOSed.  

News Comments > On Sale
40. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2013, 03:30 Esoteric

harlock wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 22:45:
Esoteric wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 17:59:
Anybody have anything to say about Risk of Rain? I love Binding of Isaac and FTL, this is supposed to be similar in the "rogue-like" fashion. Seems to have generally favorable reviews from what little I've seen.

its.. ok.

not particularly super fun imho, but its ok for a while.. im not a fan of timed games tho, and thats a main part of it

also, your ability to survive and thrive is generally predicated randomly by which loot drops show up.. also the gameplay is sorta meh, with not a lot of variety to it

its fairly difficult btw, even on easy mode .. and the only thing that saves between games is the unlocks

Thanks for the info, but I pulled the trigger and bought it...and really like it! While what you said is true, I like random gameplay (that can be overcome by pure skill), which so far I find to be the case. Good drops obviously help, but you can overcome bad ones with enough tactics/strategy (at least to level 3).

So, Risk of Rain is really good, if you like Contra + BoI type gameplay. It is hard, though.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 17:59 Esoteric

Anybody have anything to say about Risk of Rain? I love Binding of Isaac and FTL, this is supposed to be similar in the "rogue-like" fashion. Seems to have generally favorable reviews from what little I've seen.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
54. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 24, 2013, 03:10 Esoteric

I'm rooting for them. Just for the sake of a good space sim, and for a monetarily AAA game supported by fans that's a success. So far the only kickstarter/early access game I've got is Grim Dawn, and the first act is promising. I'm sure it will take them a while to finish it, but I don't think I will regret it by any measure.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
27. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 17, 2013, 08:23 Esoteric

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:19:
I don't know why DICE even bothers to patch any of their games. They know you suckers are just going to keep giving them money no matter what. Lol!

You're a fucking retard, and the world would be better off without out. You're nothing but negative about everything. I don't even own or like BF4, but I wish I could erase your thoughts and existence from the universe. It'd be a better place.

EDIT: Forgot my Lol!

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
7. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 12, 2013, 22:21 Esoteric

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 22:14:
Why would anyone give them more money for Diablo when:

A: They made enough off of the RMAH to fund a free expansion.
B: They still have not added all the content that was supposed to be in the retail game! The PVP stuff they promised is not there.

People don't have to give them more money if they own the base game. Most of the big mechanics changes in the expansion are free in a patch for base D3 owners. Should be easy to see if it's worth a purchase after trying the changes for free. (It probably won't be worth it)

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta
5. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Dec 12, 2013, 21:30 Esoteric

Cutter wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 21:09:
"Darling, it's a Mr. Death or something? He's here about the reaping?"

I get this reference.

Also, under the Reaper of Souls patch notes, it lists new class skills. I know many things are included for the base game in the patch, but are the skills among them? Or do you need the expansion for them?

I'm not getting my hopes up. I was severely disappointed with D3, but I'm willing to try the changes since it's free to do so. My biggest problem was with the incredibly boring loot. If it still sucks, I'll just keep playing PoE and Grim Dawn.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 14:04 Esoteric

I bought the alpha about a month ago and put quite a few hours into it already. Really like it so far. Can't wait for Act 2.  

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
33. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 04:34 Esoteric

I've gone months in offline mode before with no problem whatsoever. Sorry some of you are having troubles, but it's not a conspiracy.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
24. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 24, 2013, 05:51 Esoteric

PoE is a great game if you're a "hardcore" action RPG fan. The mechanics are involved and complicated, allowing tons of build possibilities, through passives, skill gems, and unique gear. This is what makes it great for some people, and bad for others.

But it's free to play in its entirety. And if you like it, and have some cash to spare, send some to the devs. They're truly a good company and deserve all the credit and money they get. I suggest extra stash space as your first purchase.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter Sep 12, 2013, 23:31 Esoteric

It is an online game, it has PvP. And they've stated they're interested in adding a co-op element as well, which would be pretty cool.

I got to about level 10 in the beta, and really enjoyed it. Only stopped because they were going to wipe at end of beta. Glad it is now released.

It's free to play, so anyone who's interested in D&D, turn-based strategy, and TCG mix should check it out, it's pretty damn fun.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 13:47 Esoteric

Found this infographic on Reddit: http://abload.de/img/gw2yearone6jkfp.png

Yeah, I think they've been pretty damn good at pumping out content at a quick rate, all for free.

421 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo