Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 646 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2013, 14:50 Dirwulf

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 14:39:
People who thinks PC games are "Free to Play" are casuals at best. You might be able to demo or sample a lot of the game, but if you want to do anything endgame related, you better start paying up.

Put down the crack pipe. Zero of my PC games require purchases to finish. Either you suck at gaming or you are buying the wrong games. What the heck are you playing anyway that you need to pay to finish?

Maybe you are referring specifically to free to play MMO's?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com
22. Re: Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com Nov 21, 2013, 16:53 Dirwulf

Mmmmm....Ginger Lynn....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2013, 15:17 Dirwulf

Javier Bardem looked ridiculous with the blond hair in that movie. After the train scene, that movie sucked balls. So slow and boring.

I think I'm one of the few who thought One Her Majesty's Secret Service was the best film. George was a man's man and fought like he knew what he was doing. Too bad most people hated him.

I'm sure everyone has a different favorite for many a varied reason.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 17:31 Dirwulf

One of my favorite Dreyfus scenes.

News Comments > QVADRIGA Announced
5. Re: QVADRIGA Announced Oct 23, 2013, 00:01 Dirwulf

Avalon Hill's Circus Maximus anyone?

And I also thought it was an announcement for a video card. Like some quad SLI thing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
318. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2013, 17:45 Dirwulf

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 17:29:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:14:
I'll just leave this here, post shut-down poll results:

The numbers:

* Dems lead in the generic ballot matchup by 49-38. Among independents — a key midterm constituency — those numbers are 46-35.

* Only 21 percent of Americans approve of the way the Congressional GOP is handling the federal budget, versus 77 percent who disapprove. Among independents: 20-78. Among moderates: 14-85. Among seniors: 18-79. Fewer than one in three regard the GOP favorably.

* Only 20 percent think Republicans are “interested in doing what’s best for the country,” while 77 percent think they’re “interested in what’s best for themselves politically.” Among independents: 14-83. Among moderates: 18-81. Among seniors: 24-74.

* Americans blame the GOP for the shutdown by 53-29; moderates by 60-24; indies by 49-29; and seniors by 46-35.

Crucially, large majorities think the shutdown damaged the country. Eighty six percent say it has damaged the U.S.’s image in the world, and 80 percent say it damaged the U.S. economy.

When the majority of Americans are getting there news from liberal sources like NBC and CBS how do you think they're going to process things?

You know as well as I do, if a republican president didn't pass a budget for a term and a half we'd never hear the end of it, and the president would be the focal point of the blame.

Obama has been given pass after pass after pass since day 1 and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Because Obama is not the one playing obstructionist politics.

News Comments > Panzer General Online Closed Beta
7. Re: Panzer General Online Closed Beta Oct 22, 2013, 17:41 Dirwulf

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 05:52:
Panzer General reduced to a card game, how sad.

The xbox live version is almost identical and its quite popular.

News Comments > 7th Guest and 11th Hour on Steam
2. Re: 7th Guest and 11th Hour on Steam Oct 22, 2013, 00:40 Dirwulf

Nut wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 09:45:
So, I like that these old throwbacks are available for sale (apparently they have been on GOG.com too, but Steam is great), and they are fun in a retro way.

But I think it's inappropriate that the product description contains no warnings that this game is from 1993 ! (release date is listed as 2013), and it still contains the old praise.

I would hate to be the people who buy without checking based on sales copy such as "terrifyingly real virtual environment".

Steam needs to have some sort of disclaimer in place warning consumers who don't do their research that they are buying relics, even likable ones.

If you go to the store page, the release date is in the upper right.

I was working at Virgin Interactive in the support department when these came out. Having to create DOS boot disks to get enough memory to run these games was such a pain in the ass.

236. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2013, 15:49 Dirwulf

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 09:35:
Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 08:47:
You can't get mad at them, you totally misrepresented something and got nailed on it. There is no dancing around it, my 5 year old knows better than to pull that crap. You want to push your agenda then at least own it when you screw up.

I'm not really mad to be honest, just eye rolling at how hypocritical most left leaning people are. I have read so much whining and crying about the tea party and what they stand for, when everyone who likes freedom and their rights should be moving to embrace them.

The 2 party system really is one party, they just have their spending priorities in difference places. I'd never thought I'd say it but really if we want any small possible chance at actual Hope and Change and not that bullshit Obama's been selling you, people would start voting for the Cruzs' and Pauls' of the world, rather than continuing to reelect the same bozos every 4 years, be they either D or R.

George Carlin really said it best, "Sooner or later the people of this country are going to realize government doesn't give a fuck about them,government doesn't care about you, All they're interested in is keeping and expanding their own power"

“I don’t know of anybody in the business community who takes the side of the Taliban minority,” said Dirk Van Dongen, longtime chief lobbyist for the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors.

Even the business people are turning against the tea party now.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 15:54.

207. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 17, 2013, 21:01 Dirwulf

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:26:
Redmask wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:20:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:16:
Yeah as a parent it's your job, not the government's.

Hahah that was in a thread about in app phone purchases, good try to save face though!

Sure thing cupcake, doesn't make it any less true. Speaking of phones has Obama paid your mortgage and given you a shiny Obama phone yet? Allthumbsup

You should really educate yourself about the Lifeline program. There really is no such thing as an Obama phone, but you like to spread lies and Dittohead bullshit.

News Comments > Panzer General Online Closed Beta
5. Re: Panzer General Online Closed Beta Oct 16, 2013, 15:15 Dirwulf

Have any of you actually played the game, or you just like to badmouth shit with out even trying it?  

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:31 Dirwulf

Draugr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:20:
scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:29:
The tea party movement is truly a grassroots movement, not a giant political machine like the Republican or Democratic parties.

Hahaha.

I guess he's never heard of the Koch brothers.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 15:44 Dirwulf

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 22:48:
Let me guess, you don't play MWO and didn't KS Star Citizen right? Yeah I thought so. I think you are one of the most toxic people I've ever had the displeasure of reading posts from.

This has to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read on BN. The Troll calling out another troll.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2013, 20:52 Dirwulf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 20:40:
The easiest way to fix this - make a button that you click in someone's profile that says "Avoid" and you won't join any game they are playing and they can't join a game you are on.

Problem fixed and super simple.

They already have this.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2013, 20:48 Dirwulf

And there is the article...never mind...  

News Comments > EA: "We will continue to support Darkspore"
9. Re: EA: Jul 1, 2013, 20:17 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 19:31:
Of course they'll continue to support it until the Failbox launch then quietly pull the plug on it and a pile of other games to force people to upgrade.

I'm confused...upgrade what? Its a PC game.

News Comments > Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned?
19. Re: Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned? Jul 1, 2013, 13:30 Dirwulf

Who played this as single player? It was so much better multiplayer. I forgot I even rented this game until I read this post.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 28, 2013, 18:10 Dirwulf

Redmask wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 17:59:
Dirwulf wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 17:37:
You don't have to have your TV on. It's a streaming service.

They will probably limit this to the point of uselessness and it's one provider. It will go away when Microsoft gets tired of paying for it too.

Limit how? And the article is related to the 360(Obviously this will be on the xbox one). They already have tons of streaming services in the app center if you've ever bothered to check it out. A lot of them are tied to your provider so you don't pay extra. Although you do have to pay for the gold account.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 28, 2013, 17:37 Dirwulf

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 09:45:
Microsoft teases Windows 8 applications on Xbox One.

Aaand another...So I turn on my tv, and turn on my console...so I can watch tv through my console? Insert "yo dawg, I heard you like..." joke here.

You don't have to have your TV on. It's a streaming service.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2013, 18:29 Dirwulf

The comments in the Fable 3 article led me to this.

1-Month free Xbox live gold membership.

Worked for me.

There is also a link for 2 months for $2, but I didn't try it yet.

646 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo