Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 643 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Million Tank March
2. Re: Million Tank March Jan 4, 2011, 14:17 Dirwulf

Its a lot of fun with beer...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta
3. Re: Din's Curse: Demon War Preorders, Beta Dec 30, 2010, 19:02 Dirwulf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 17:00:
Wolfox wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 16:21:
Definitely getting this. Din's Curse is a brilliant game, and the new features in Demon War sound awesome.

Really? Maybe I will try the demo; it looks like Yet Another Diablo Clone, with worse graphics, so I had written it off.

It is a clone. I enjoyed Torchlight much more. And the graphics are horrible. I couldn't get past them even with the good game play. But you should try it and decide for yourself.

News Comments > PC BC2 Vietnam Hastings Unlocked
5. Re: PC BC2 Vietnam Hastings Unlocked Dec 30, 2010, 11:59 Dirwulf

spindoctor wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 11:22:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 11:17:
Simply put Battlefield was & still is MEANT FOR THE PC.....PERIOD!

Then how do you explain that console players (on both the 360 and ps3) have played twice as much BC2 as PC players?

Because the console players aren't doing the required actions to unlock the maps. Console players just zerg the maps and don't work in teams like they do on the PC. You have to perfom actions on the other players, like first aid, etc. L2P.

News Comments > PC BC2 Vietnam Hastings Unlocked
4. Re: PC BC2 Vietnam Hastings Unlocked Dec 30, 2010, 11:58 Dirwulf

I thought PC gaming was dead...  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated]
11. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL? Dec 23, 2010, 13:47 Dirwulf

Actually Creston, you do get Xbox Achievements through the GFWL version of Batman, so that is something :P. I login using my Hotmail/Live UN/PW so I don't know what you are using to login with?  

News Comments > More Legal Fallout
10. Re: More Legal Fallout Dec 23, 2010, 13:41 Dirwulf

Game companies buy name only licenses all the time and create new games from the ground up. It sounds to me like Interplay is complaining they have to make the game from the ground up. It should be fairly easy to determine if they licensed the name only or the assets as well. Of course, I have no idea what the contract looks like, so who knows.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2010, 13:06 Dirwulf

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 12:48:
Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 11:29:
I hope they do repeal it, because in its current form it's just a blank slate for carriers to do whatever the fuck they want. Fucking Genachowski.

Creston
Cite your sources Creston. From what I have read, it prevents Comcast, AT&T et all from throttling your connection, and deciding what content you can and can't see and it also prevents companies from charging for higher speeds. The party of NO is continuing to prove the only interests they have are for the big corporations and not the people.

Ok, I found a rebuttal to my own post. This says the opposite of what I read before. Interesting.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/12/fcc-rule/comment-page-1/

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2010, 12:48 Dirwulf

Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 11:29:
I hope they do repeal it, because in its current form it's just a blank slate for carriers to do whatever the fuck they want. Fucking Genachowski.

Creston
Cite your sources Creston. From what I have read, it prevents Comcast, AT&T et all from throttling your connection, and deciding what content you can and can't see and it also prevents companies from charging for higher speeds. The party of NO is continuing to prove the only interests they have are for the big corporations and not the people.

News Comments > Ex-Rockstar Dev Speaks Out?
43. Re: Ex-Rockstar Dev Speaks Out? Dec 21, 2010, 18:23 Dirwulf

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this story. California has INSANE laws when it comes to working overtime. There is NO WAY they were asked to work hourly uncompensated overtime. As others have stated, he HAD to be a salaried employee, and working in the game industry, you KNOW you are going to be working TONS of overtime as release approaches if you've ever worked any game prior. They ask you in the interview if you mind working overtime. I've never NOT been asked that at any game company I've worked at.

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,43248/

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion Dec 21, 2010, 14:34 Dirwulf

Its sad that the sheeple have accepted a 5 hour single player game as a record breaking standard. I still have much more fun playing BFBC2.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup
7. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup Dec 10, 2010, 15:58 Dirwulf

This game just straight up sucks. Its not fun, the mechanics are wonky and ITS NOT FUN!!!

However, Cataclysm has totally changed the face of World of Warcraft and I am back playing after a 3 year lay off and having just as much fun as when it was first released.

News Comments > Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed?
23. Re: Re:Gamerleaks Dec 1, 2010, 13:37 Dirwulf

Techie714 wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:59:
I'm buying the domain "Gamerleaks" to hell with Wikileaks...LOL.

Too bad it already exists...but there is no web site. I'm sure the guy would be willing to sell it to you for about $10,000 though...

Registrant:
david beyda
888 east 8th street
brooklyn, New York 11230
United States

I checked gameleaks.com as well. Also already taken. But hey. .net is available for both...until I log into my Godaddy account...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Revolution Under Siege
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Revolution Under Siege Nov 24, 2010, 18:33 Dirwulf

Optional nickname wrote on Nov 24, 2010, 16:02:
Turn Based??? I saw the familiar box art logo and almost wet my pants

Why isn't this RTS a-la-original Red Alert? Yuri?

Matrix makes historical turned based strategy games. They are all quite good if you are into that.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 16:58 Dirwulf

BUY ALPHA PROTOCOL for $7.50 on STEAM. This was one of my favorite games this year and got a bad rap from reviewers who don't know how to play a game like this. BUY THIS GAME!!!  

News Comments > Indie Web Portal
4. Re: Indie Web Portal Nov 19, 2010, 14:37 Dirwulf

Cliff,

Where are the forums on the page? How about a contact link? Something...

Yeah...more work for you...better hire an admin...

This is an awesone idea though. Hopefully a lot of the indies will jump on board.

Thanks.

General Discussion > Computer Spec Signatures
1. Computer Spec Signatures Nov 18, 2010, 17:40 Dirwulf

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Becasue your dick is so small you have to show off your epeen to feel better?

I could care less about your computer specs. I only care about MINE. And I feel no need to show them off.

/rant off

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2010, 16:16 Dirwulf

PHJF wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 15:54:
You trained your dog to use the bathroom???

WHERE CAN I SIGN UP?

Its easy if you have the patience

http://www.ehow.com/how_4781134_train-puppy-use-toilet.html

That is but one link. Google is your friend.

News Comments > The Bizarre Bazaar
3. Re: The Bizarre Bazaar Nov 16, 2010, 16:46 Dirwulf

I love racing games, but I admit I'n not the best racer, but I can usually make it through most racing games. Split/Second was my favorite racing game to come out this year. Who knew Disney would publish such a great arcade style racing game. I played Blur. It actually got to the point the some of the races were so hard, I quit playing. I refuse to play on easy to get past anything. It was a pretty game, but I think even though it was geared as an arcade style racer, it was just too hard for most people. I didn't play much MP in Blur. So little I don't remember much about it. I also feel Activision failed the marketing of this game. Bagging on Mario Cart was not a good way to draw an audience, nor was using Danica Patrick, IMHO.  

News Comments > Beta Access with Bloodline Champions Preorders
3. Re: Beta Access with Bloodline Champions Preorders Nov 16, 2010, 16:41 Dirwulf

Played the beta. Not worth my time or money on any level. You can control the player only with the WSAD keys. You use the mouse to aim. Its 3/4 view top down and boring as hell after a few minutes. If I want to play real arena PvP, I'm going to be playing WoW, which I haven't touched since Dec 07, so I'm certainly not playing this game. If you're 15 years old, you might find some enjoyment in it.  

News Comments > Dynasty Warriors Online Open Beta
2. Re: Dynasty Warriors Online Open Beta Nov 12, 2010, 13:58 Dirwulf

sir wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 12:08:
Sorry, I can't help it - every time I see a story with this game's title I think of Joan Collins and Linda Evans slugging it out in a swimming pool.

Only us old folks are going to get that hilarious image. And thanks for putting that into my head, forever...

643 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo