Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 612 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2010, 12:53 Dirwulf

Ebony and Ivory...the dynamic duo!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lead and Gold and Shattered Horizons Free Weekend; Sale
1. Re: Lead and Gold and Shattered Horizons Free Weekend; Sale Nov 5, 2010, 12:19 Dirwulf

If you want a challenge, I recommend Shattered Horizons. Its the hardest team based shooter I've ever played, and I've played most of them.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
5. Re: Quote of the Day Nov 5, 2010, 12:15 Dirwulf

NicklePop wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 12:02:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 11:30:
I'm sure there are still legions of fans that will buy this game, however.. the overall sentiment I am seeing on various game sites and in talking with friends is.. "meh... pass"

Of course, that's only based on what we know thus far.

I've seen that too, but honestly I think most people are going to be surprised at how awesome this game ACTUALLY is.

I see big profits, and millions of subscribers.

I was in the beta. Its pretty meh. Its very much like Star Trek online. I will state though that my beta session only lasted 3 days and there were only 2 classes and you could only play to level 10. The best part of the game that is different from any MMO I've played so far is the dialog wheel, so depending on your dialog choices, the quests can change. I'm not sure if that's enough though to set the game apart from the other 100 MMO's out there.

Also we haven't seen any of the flying part of the game, but from what I've read, its on rails, so...yeah...whatever...

I wonder if I just violated my NDA lol...

21. Re: 8 Sequels That Destroy Their Originals Nov 4, 2010, 19:06 Dirwulf

I'll tell you why Wrath of Khan was not a better move than the first one.

THAT TERRIBLE FAKE CHEST!!!

yes I know the debate rages, but it is obviously fake. I never hear any dialogue when Ricardo is on screen. All I can see is the fakeness. I obsess over how unnatural it is, and how it never flexes or moves.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Harpoon Ultimate Edition
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Harpoon Ultimate Edition Nov 4, 2010, 13:37 Dirwulf

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 11:43:
Babbages!

Remember when Egghead actually had store fronts? They were the first computer software store I went to back in early 80's.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2010, 14:59 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 13:11:
What's really bad are all those stupid rope necklaces.

They are called Phiten necklaces. They have powdered titanium in them and they are supposed to help with your energy flow. Its a total scam. I think most players wear them now as "good luck" charms. I'm sure a lot of young kids are unfortunately going to be influenced by what they see and ask their parents to buy them one.

I thought Texas was going to win the series, they looked hungry, its their first post season appearance ever. But damn if the Giants aren't pwning them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2010, 14:29 Dirwulf

Should revise that Kinect headline to read "in the UK."  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
11. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 29, 2010, 14:26 Dirwulf

Bumpy wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 13:20:
PC hardware and graphic improvements have really slowed down a great deal. Where as consoles are still increasing in power and functions at a fast rate promoting more developer interest.

What are you smoking? When did the last new console come out? Intel and AMD are always coming out with new processors and ATI is cranking out new video cards every 6 months, if not sooner.

News Comments > Champions Online Going Free-to-Play
14. Re: Champions Online Going Free-to-Play Oct 26, 2010, 19:04 Dirwulf

I wonder how long before they do the same thing to Star Trek Online. LOL I paid for a lifetime subscription and haven't played since month one.  

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Patched
2. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patched Oct 21, 2010, 18:31 Dirwulf

skyguy wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 17:07:
Oh man if only I didn't have 5 games in my "to play" queue I'd be all over this one.

I downloaded the demo, what, 3 weeks ago, and still haven't installed it.

News Comments > On PC Battlefield 3
51. Re: On PC Battlefield 3 Oct 21, 2010, 18:21 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 17:07:
Civ 5 doesn't even have a console release, why would the previous game dumb it down? Amazing post buddy.

He's saying Civ 5 was dumbed down because of Civ Rev.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Tools
40. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 10:28 Dirwulf

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 01:55:

Btw, anyone notice that you now only seem to get perks every other level? They add like 15 new perks, then half the number you can get. Sigh.

Creston

In 1 and 2, it was every 3 levels. They dumbed it way down for FO3. So every 2 is better than every 3. Also traits are back, which was left out of FO3.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2010, 16:18 Dirwulf

let me delete please lol

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2010, 16:25.

News Comments > Industry Down 8% Over Last Year
2. Re: Industry Down 8% Over Last Year Oct 14, 2010, 22:29 Dirwulf

I predict December will be better than last year. One word:

Cataclysm.

News Comments > Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned Sunk
1. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned Sunk Oct 14, 2010, 22:26 Dirwulf

I played the first one, if this was even a sequel. It was fun for a few minutes, but nothing special. Who knew they were even planning a second and without a movie to tie it into. Bad move. I feel sorry for the people that got layed off. I'm sure the guy who greenlighted the project still has his though...  

News Comments > Big League Online Beta
10. Re: Big League Online Beta Oct 14, 2010, 21:38 Dirwulf

Ant wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 15:15:
Dirwulf wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 15:12:
Ant wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 08:44:
How is this game compared to old Hardball games? Is it fun?

Actually, I've been unable to play so far. Always says my username/password is invalid no matter how many accounts I make. The bad english email is also wrong. They don't send you a link. You have to login to the web site, which I can do, and download the zip from there. So far everything about this game is FAIL!!

It better be F2P...

Of course they push the shit out of buying cosmetic upgrades. It seems to me some foreigner thought he could rape U.S. baseball fans by creating a baseball MMO who's sole purpose is to take your money via upgrades. But since I have been unable to login, maybe I'm full of shit.
Have you tried contacting its support for account issue? It seems like the game is low quality due to bad English and these annoying issues. I will just wait.

Its even worse than I thought. I can't type my UN/PW in the interface without having an Xbox controller plugged in. I did send an email to support. It bounced back lol. So I filled out the support form. That bounced back too: (I added the red). The "leaderboard" on their web site hasn't been updated in I don't know how long. All I know is the Leaderboard has never changed. The names and the number of hits are all the same. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME!!!

playbigleague@gmail.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<playbigleague@gmail.com>:
host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [74.125.91.27]:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 y15si9149646qci.149

8. Re: Big League Online Beta Oct 14, 2010, 15:12 Dirwulf

Ant wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 08:44:
How is this game compared to old Hardball games? Is it fun?

Actually, I've been unable to play so far. Always says my username/password is invalid no matter how many accounts I make. The bad english email is also wrong. They don't send you a link. You have to login to the web site, which I can do, and download the zip from there. So far everything about this game is FAIL!!

It better be F2P...

Of course they push the shit out of buying cosmetic upgrades. It seems to me some foreigner thought he could rape U.S. baseball fans by creating a baseball MMO who's sole purpose is to take your money via upgrades. But since I have been unable to login, maybe I'm full of shit.

6. Re: Big League Online Beta Oct 13, 2010, 21:13 Dirwulf

So here is my registration email. Maybe they should hire someone who speaks English.

"Welcome to Big League Online

Thank you for sign up to become the open beta tester to Big League Online baseball Game!
For now, the Big League Online is open for approved members only
once you got approved, you will receive the welcome latter with download link
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.

Big League Online
playbigleague@gmail.com"

1. Re: Big League Online Beta Oct 13, 2010, 18:17 Dirwulf

Where are all the baseball fans? Is the state of baseball on PC so pathetic this story doesn't even garner 1 comment? I think I just answered my own question...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 14:30 Dirwulf

My roommate has an African Grey Parrot. She lets me pet her head sometimes, but you have to be ready, cause she'll snap at your fingers at any time. And those things can bite hard. Its also amazingly smart. Its learned my dogs name and calls out to the dog whenever she sees it and whitsles too. Confuses the hell out of the dog.  

612 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo