Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 612 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed?
23. Re: Re:Gamerleaks Dec 1, 2010, 13:37 Dirwulf

Techie714 © wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:59:
I'm buying the domain "Gamerleaks" to hell with Wikileaks...LOL.

Too bad it already exists...but there is no web site. I'm sure the guy would be willing to sell it to you for about $10,000 though...

Registrant:
david beyda
888 east 8th street
brooklyn, New York 11230
United States

I checked gameleaks.com as well. Also already taken. But hey. .net is available for both...until I log into my Godaddy account...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Revolution Under Siege
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Revolution Under Siege Nov 24, 2010, 18:33 Dirwulf

Optional nickname wrote on Nov 24, 2010, 16:02:
Turn Based??? I saw the familiar box art logo and almost wet my pants

Why isn't this RTS a-la-original Red Alert? Yuri?

Matrix makes historical turned based strategy games. They are all quite good if you are into that.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 16:58 Dirwulf

BUY ALPHA PROTOCOL for $7.50 on STEAM. This was one of my favorite games this year and got a bad rap from reviewers who don't know how to play a game like this. BUY THIS GAME!!!  

News Comments > Indie Web Portal
4. Re: Indie Web Portal Nov 19, 2010, 14:37 Dirwulf

Cliff,

Where are the forums on the page? How about a contact link? Something...

Yeah...more work for you...better hire an admin...

This is an awesone idea though. Hopefully a lot of the indies will jump on board.

Thanks.

General Discussion > Computer Spec Signatures
1. Computer Spec Signatures Nov 18, 2010, 17:40 Dirwulf

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Becasue your dick is so small you have to show off your epeen to feel better?

I could care less about your computer specs. I only care about MINE. And I feel no need to show them off.

/rant off

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2010, 16:16 Dirwulf

PHJF wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 15:54:
You trained your dog to use the bathroom???

WHERE CAN I SIGN UP?

Its easy if you have the patience

http://www.ehow.com/how_4781134_train-puppy-use-toilet.html

That is but one link. Google is your friend.

News Comments > The Bizarre Bazaar
3. Re: The Bizarre Bazaar Nov 16, 2010, 16:46 Dirwulf

I love racing games, but I admit I'n not the best racer, but I can usually make it through most racing games. Split/Second was my favorite racing game to come out this year. Who knew Disney would publish such a great arcade style racing game. I played Blur. It actually got to the point the some of the races were so hard, I quit playing. I refuse to play on easy to get past anything. It was a pretty game, but I think even though it was geared as an arcade style racer, it was just too hard for most people. I didn't play much MP in Blur. So little I don't remember much about it. I also feel Activision failed the marketing of this game. Bagging on Mario Cart was not a good way to draw an audience, nor was using Danica Patrick, IMHO.  

News Comments > Beta Access with Bloodline Champions Preorders
3. Re: Beta Access with Bloodline Champions Preorders Nov 16, 2010, 16:41 Dirwulf

Played the beta. Not worth my time or money on any level. You can control the player only with the WSAD keys. You use the mouse to aim. Its 3/4 view top down and boring as hell after a few minutes. If I want to play real arena PvP, I'm going to be playing WoW, which I haven't touched since Dec 07, so I'm certainly not playing this game. If you're 15 years old, you might find some enjoyment in it.  

News Comments > Dynasty Warriors Online Open Beta
2. Re: Dynasty Warriors Online Open Beta Nov 12, 2010, 13:58 Dirwulf

sir wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 12:08:
Sorry, I can't help it - every time I see a story with this game's title I think of Joan Collins and Linda Evans slugging it out in a swimming pool.

Only us old folks are going to get that hilarious image. And thanks for putting that into my head, forever...

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
61. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 11, 2010, 14:56 Dirwulf

Tumbler wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 13:50:
It's definitely a concern if a game forces you behind steam, ala Civ V. Civ V is a game I'd likely sell at this point because it's so buggy for MP. I don't remember there being any way to try it prior to purchase so I'm stuck with it but that was a problem before steam on many games.

Civ V has a demo on steam. Not multiplayer though.

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
53. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 11, 2010, 14:08 Dirwulf

I haven't read any of the other comments yet, but this sounds like sour grapes to me. Someone complaining that the competition is kicking their ass. Please, if you can't keep up with the competition, you are going to fail. I love steam, and I think the people who use Steam have spoken with their wallets. I choose NOT to go to stores. I choose NOT to deal with snotty, asshole, salesmen. I choose to use Steam. I have used Impulse, D2D, Amazon, and others, and Steam has so far provided me with the best experience. Why would I use an inferior service?  

News Comments > Alganon PvP Launches
1. Re: Alganon PvP Launches Nov 10, 2010, 22:14 Dirwulf

And...?  

News Comments > Kinect PC Drivers
2. Re: Kinect PC Drivers Nov 10, 2010, 22:12 Dirwulf

space captain wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 21:55:
holy fucking shit... isnt adafruit that same chick that built the x0xb0x? (googling)

yep, wow shes come a long way .. good on her

Your statement implies she was the hacker?

Anyway, it will be very interesting to see how MS responds to this.

News Comments > Rulers of Nations Patch
1. Re: Rulers of Nations Patch Nov 10, 2010, 13:54 Dirwulf

$39? For a game that's just a patch? $49 if you want a cd? No demo? WTF?

I love these types of games, but no way will I commit that kind of cash to a game I can't even try from a studio I've never heard of that's just a patch of a previous game.

News Comments > Need for Speed World Patch
4. Re: Need for Speed World Patch Nov 10, 2010, 13:39 Dirwulf

I played the beta. It was pretty below average. I think they also went f2p on the day of release lol.

Isn't APB already dead?

News Comments > Perpetuum Online Launch Plans
6. Re: Perpetuum Online Launch Plans Nov 10, 2010, 13:25 Dirwulf

Deathhead is correct, this game is Eve with Mechs. If you like Eve, and you like Mechs, you will like this game. I'm having way more fun than I thought I would.  

News Comments > Immortal Souls Demos
1. Re: Immortal Souls Demos Nov 9, 2010, 14:38 Dirwulf

This game looks like it might be fun and the art style is cool. I was the first person to post on their forums. Thats a little odd. I hope they get more activity.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops
34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 13:42 Dirwulf

Elessar wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 13:21:
Fion wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 11:52:
And the sheep storm the corral!
How exactly, are people sheep if they buy a game they enjoy?

As far as I know, sheep are people who make uninformed decisions. You're misusing the term or at the very least, stereotyping. In fact I'd go as far to classify you as the sheep, as that was a typical uninformed response to Call of Duty threads.

Look, one has escaped from the corral...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Metal Gear Solid Rising release date 2012? Nov 8, 2010, 13:29 Dirwulf

Hmmm...that is a very interesting article on the potentials of the Kinect. Another awesome reason not to buy one. I never thought of it as a spy device before.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
32. Re: Quote of the Day Nov 6, 2010, 05:18 Dirwulf

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 22:30:
Dirwulf wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 12:15:
NicklePop wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 12:02:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 11:30:
I'm sure there are still legions of fans that will buy this game, however.. the overall sentiment I am seeing on various game sites and in talking with friends is.. "meh... pass"

Of course, that's only based on what we know thus far.

I've seen that too, but honestly I think most people are going to be surprised at how awesome this game ACTUALLY is.

I see big profits, and millions of subscribers.

I was in the beta. Its pretty meh. Its very much like Star Trek online. I will state though that my beta session only lasted 3 days and there were only 2 classes and you could only play to level 10. The best part of the game that is different from any MMO I've played so far is the dialog wheel, so depending on your dialog choices, the quests can change. I'm not sure if that's enough though to set the game apart from the other 100 MMO's out there.

Also we haven't seen any of the flying part of the game, but from what I've read, its on rails, so...yeah...whatever...

I wonder if I just violated my NDA lol...

So you beta tested for 3 days, even though the game hasn't even started beta testing

Come back when you know what you are talking about.

"Your account has been selected to participate in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. You have been invited to specifically test Hutta where you can play as either the Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent between the dates of September 22nd through September 24th."

612 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo