Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Countdown? [Updated]
11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Countdown? Feb 25, 2011, 22:42 Dirwulf

Drezden wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 21:50:
This was already debunked anyway. They already said it's not an official site.

I was curious so I found a source for you. Especially since there is more news about this being real than fake.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1152216p1.html

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 23, 2011, 11:48 Dirwulf

This article is a complete waste of time. Blizzard has been doing hotfixes for years. He is talking out his ass. He says the game was unfinished? No, Blizzard is ALWAYS tweaking their games for various balance issues. They are perfectionists. We need more developers like them.  

News Comments > Steve Nix leaves id
12. Re: Steve Nix leaves id Feb 22, 2011, 16:35 Dirwulf

There was a guy I used to work with at Virgin Interactive who's name is Neil Young. He also used to be an exec at EA. He had his name on his parking space. The first time I saw it I was like wtf? It looks like he does mobile games now.

http://www.giantbomb.com/neil-young/72-4818/

News Comments > Console Diablo III Confirmed?
37. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 17:48 Dirwulf

The PC and console versions are being developed separately by two different teams.  

News Comments > Cities in Motion Demo
2. Re: Cities in Motion Demo Feb 17, 2011, 16:33 Dirwulf

They uploaded the wrong demo lol. I played the open beta and I really enjoy the game. Hopefully they will get this fixed with File Planet soon.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?522012-Demo-feedback

Edit: OK the correct Demo has been posted now.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2011, 16:52.

News Comments > Crasher Price Cut and Demo
1. Re: Crasher Price Cut and Demo Feb 10, 2011, 21:55 Dirwulf

I downloaded the demo but I haven't tried it yet. From what I've read on the forums, no one is playing it so there is no one to play against. They did lower the price based upon customer feedback, which I find interesting.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Live Event Today
14. Re: Dead Space 2 Live Event Today Jan 26, 2011, 21:49 Dirwulf

Jerykk wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 04:53:
I played the console version before I played the PC version, and the best way I can describe it, is it felt like trying to move in mud.

That sounds like you're describing the console versions. You can aim and turn exponentially more quickly in the PC version.

I wish I was...I'd rather play ANY game on a PC.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC
5. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:45 Dirwulf

SOOOOOOO glad I waited to buy this game. Now I know which version I will be fishing out of the bargain bin when it hits there.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Live Event Today
11. Re: Dead Space 2 Live Event Today Jan 24, 2011, 23:17 Dirwulf

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 18:12:
JayDeath wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 17:49:
Overon wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 17:22:
If you guys played this on the pc, how could you stand the controls?

That was my problem. Couldn't deal with the controls.

Other than having to use WASD and needing to use the v-synch fix what was wrong with them? They worked fine for me after those two (admittedly stupid) hurdles were passed.

I played the console version before I played the PC version, and the best way I can describe it, is it felt like trying to move in mud. It just wasn't as "smooth." If its not fixed in DS2, I hope they have controller support.../ducks.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2011, 21:35 Dirwulf

"This is not the first time ADUC has taken to the courts over Windows preinstalls. In 2007, the group successfully sued HP after it failed to abide by the terms of the Microsoft End User License Agreement, which explicitly permits a user to refuse to accept the terms and receive a full refund."

So I can just say I refuse to accept the agreement and I get a refund for the copy of windows that came on my machine pre-installed? I wonder if this EULA is the same in the U.S? I doubt it.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Interview
21. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 21, 2011, 23:27 Dirwulf

Draugr wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 22:50:
Dirwulf wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 21:53:
TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 21:46:
you seem pretty eager to convince ppl of your great endeavours, although ruffling your feathers and puffing your cheast is quite an attractive quality of the human animal. i'm sure deep down inside your monetary wealth has brought you deep hapiness that would have otherwise been unattainable without selling your creative soul.

Yeah, I've definitely sold my soul by working at Blizzard...

If I recall, it was you who was saying that a devs primary is/should be concerned with the bottom line.
If you would like to use yourself/your career as an example as why that isn't the case though, I guess you're welcome to help defeat your own argument.

Which is to say (at the risk of being presumptious,) you have a job you like making games you enjoy/are proud of, and you well to do, financially speaking. So even though you're doing alright for yourself, Your not worried about job hunting for something that might pay more.

I can't stand Farmville. I do like a few beer and pretzel games, which I would call casual. All I'm pointing out is that making games is a business. Especially if you have stockholders to deal with.

Casual games are a great way to make money, especially the kind you find on Facebook that deal in microtransactions. People don't think twice about spending a few dollars here and there. 63 million + users times a few dollars each. I don't think I need to do the math for you. Of course, not all those people are buying Farmville cash, but hey, there are 20 more games like it on Facebook.

To ignore casual gamers could potentially be a bad move. That is if you want to be a billionaire. I'm sure Cliff at Positech is doing just fine. That said, I seriously doubt the PC Gaming Alliance "read between the lines" necessarily equates to them embracing casual games, but if it does, I have no problem with that.

Hardcore gamers tend to forget that they may be the loudest, but they are in the minority.

20. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 21, 2011, 23:14 Dirwulf

Beamer wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 22:29:
Kudos to Jeff for outting himself (although his name was in his profile and googling him led to his IMDB page.) Many of us aren't willing to do so if we don't have authority and/or aren't our own boss.

Any chance you know David Wang? He's a producer at Blizzard that helped me get an brand manager interview a ways back but I'd already accepted another job by the time it came through.

You said Wang...huhhuh...uhh...huh...

I have nothing to hide, except what my NDA says I can't

BTW, I've outed myself in the past.

16. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 21, 2011, 21:53 Dirwulf

TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 21:46:
you seem pretty eager to convince ppl of your great endeavours, although ruffling your feathers and puffing your cheast is quite an attractive quality of the human animal. i'm sure deep down inside your monetary wealth has brought you deep hapiness that would have otherwise been unattainable without selling your creative soul.

Yeah, I've definitely sold my soul by working at Blizzard...

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Trailer Blowout [Updated]
14. Re: Dead Space 2 Trailer Blowout [Updated] Jan 21, 2011, 21:51 Dirwulf

Dirwulf wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 17:48:
Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 16:29:
$60 for this game? LOL! Have another hit on the crack pipe EA. See you in the bargain bin.

Did you play the first one? It was worth every penny.

I would like to retract my own statement. I don't know what I was thinking. Well, actually I do. The console version. I will have to agree that $60 for the PC version is a RIP OFF. Just like what Activision has done with the CoD franchise. I refuse to pay $60 for any PC game. Hell, I'll rarely pay $50.

14. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 21, 2011, 21:36 Dirwulf

TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 19:54:
Dirwulf wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:06:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:02:
The expansion of who gamers are means Farmville, in case anyone couldn't read between the lines there.

Making games is a business, not a sport, or something you do for fun. If you want to make money, you need to find the biggest audience. That means casual games. As a hardcore gamer, a game developer and a captalist pig, I have no problem with this.

hopefully people like you can get on with failing miserably, so the rest of the "ecosystem" can heal and move forward.

Failing miserably? My bank account says otherwise...

I also work on kick ass games.

Here is my Moby profile...

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,43248/

Now you were saying?...

I was just pointing out the truth that you are so blatantly burying your head in the sand about. You know how many people play Farmville? 63,370,436 monthly active users worldwide. Compared to 12 million for WoW worldwide. I'm just sayin...

4. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 21, 2011, 17:06 Dirwulf

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:02:
The expansion of who gamers are means Farmville, in case anyone couldn't read between the lines there.

Making games is a business, not a sport, or something you do for fun. If you want to make money, you need to find the biggest audience. That means casual games. As a hardcore gamer, a game developer and a captalist pig, I have no problem with this.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Trailer Blowout [Updated]
10. Re: Dead Space 2 Trailer Blowout [Updated] Jan 20, 2011, 17:48 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 16:29:
$60 for this game? LOL! Have another hit on the crack pipe EA. See you in the bargain bin.

Did you play the first one? It was worth every penny.

News Comments > Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale
13. Re: Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale Jan 20, 2011, 17:15 Dirwulf

I am a Lifetime Subscriber to STO.

I haven't really played the game since the first month of release.

I tried creating a Klingon character when Episode 2 came out, but it crashed during character creation.

Haven't been back since.

Say what you will.

News Comments > Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop
17. Re: Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop Jan 20, 2011, 16:24 Dirwulf

Omnivox wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 13:35:
Anachronox 2, please. Thank you.

Now that would be awesome. I wonder if GOG has the first one. Anachronox is definitly in my all time top 10.

News Comments > Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop
16. Re: Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop Jan 20, 2011, 16:18 Dirwulf

Diakatana anyone?

LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo