Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 654 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW
26. Re: Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW Mar 21, 2011, 13:00 Dirwulf

kxmode wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 11:30:
Tumbler wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 11:21:
That is an odd comment...based on diablo and diablo 2 I don't see a lot of crossover. Did torchlight suck players away from WoW?

Torchlight wasn't made by Blizzard. People are loyal to brands. It's like that line in Tommy Boy: Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. I know there are people who buy nothing but Madden or Final Fantasy games because that is what they are loyal to.

You are correct in stating that Torchlight wasn't made by Blizzard, but it was made by the same guys who made Diablo and Diablo II and the LOD expansion, Max and Eric Shaefer. Who were working on Diablo III when Blizzard closed the studio. So they went and formed Flagship with Bill Roper and made the FPS Diablo clone Hellgate London. Well after that tanked, they went and formed Runic, who made the Diablo clone Torchlight. They finally got it right by going back to their old formula.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up
15. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 20, 2011, 17:30 Dirwulf

Also, the settlement specifically says SecuRom Copy Protection Technology, not release date activation protection:

http://img14.imageshack.us/f/disclosures.jpg/

But I'm no lawyer.

13. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 20, 2011, 17:16 Dirwulf

Kosumo wrote on Mar 20, 2011, 17:11:
You should go see a good psychologist about these issue (cock sucking, semen) you keep bring up and projecting on other ASeven.

I think you have gone pass just being vial with it and it starting to look like you've had a bit of trauma in your life.

Or you may just be 15, I don't know.

Yes, ASeven does have an obsession with semen. He needs serious help.

6. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 20, 2011, 16:05 Dirwulf

Reclaim Your Game is doing nothing other than trying to shake down publishers. They have lost all credibility. He is trying to monetize his "service." The publishers are going to laugh in his face.  

News Comments > The Boondock Saints Game Possible
17. Re: The Boondock Saints Movie Possible Mar 19, 2011, 21:58 Dirwulf

wtf_man wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 20:46:
Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 14:57:
So long as we get some rope.

So long as I get to splatter some ho-chick's cat on the wall, I'd definitely buy it.

Is it dead?

5. Re: The Boondock Saints Movie Possible Mar 19, 2011, 15:10 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 14:57:
So long as we get some rope.

Charlie Bronson's always got rope.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2011, 14:37 Dirwulf

Might have to watch The Howling tonight. Or An American Werewolf in London.  

3. Re: The Boondock Saints Movie Possible Mar 19, 2011, 14:32 Dirwulf

I loved the first movie. Its one of my favorite all time movies. But Troy Duffy is a one trick pony. That second movie is such a piece of shit its almost unwatchable. If you want to know what a true asshat he is, watch this movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overnight

As far as a game goes, I would have ZERO interest. A cult fan base does not equal game sales.

News Comments > RIFT Account Security Measures
1. Re: RIFT Account Security Measures Mar 19, 2011, 14:27 Dirwulf

I know its only been two weeks, but the hype for this game certainly seems to have died down rather quickly. Is anyone still playing? I'll be very curious at the numbers after the free month is up. Until they get a trial, I can't justify the cost.  

News Comments > Stretch Armstrong Game TM
8. Re: Stretch Armstrong Game TM Mar 19, 2011, 01:01 Dirwulf

Stretch needs a corn syrup transplant:

http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/stretch-armstrongs-problem.html

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2011, 11:56 Dirwulf

I can't believe Bear is dead. Truly a sad day. I will be listening to Bear's Choice all day in tribute.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Legends Launches
7. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 17, 2011, 04:30 Dirwulf

Grokk wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 01:39:
entr0py wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 00:56:
I still don't know how facebook games addict people, but it's best not to give it the chance. No good can come of this.

You get started playing, once you've used all your turns or whatever you find there's still more to do. Log in the next day and you've got some turns to use, so you burn through those and realise there's still more to do. Rinse/Repeat.
One of your friends starts playing the game and now you've got a little competition going. If you fall behind they'll win, so you keep going, day after day. etc..

This is every single game on Facebook. Its the same damn game, in a different wrapper.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Trailer, Campaign Length
18. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer, Campaign Length Mar 16, 2011, 21:01 Dirwulf

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 19:52:
Why are their game testers taught to rush through it?

No one is taught to rush through a game. But believe me, on your 500th play through of the same game, that you have been living and breathing for the last few months, 8+ hours a day, you are going to rush through with the exception of regressing current bugs, praying they didn't break something that was already fixed.

News Comments > More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up
36. Re: More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up Mar 16, 2011, 18:46 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 18:34:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 17:34:

You still need a license to drive a car, and if you misbehave when in your vehicle, they will take your license to drive away. You still own the car, but you can't legally drive it anywhere.

If only this was actually true. You need to be a complete and total retard to have your license taken away, in most places they practically let you get away with murder before doing that because it prevents most people from making an income.

I don't know where you live Verno, but I live in California, and they are pretty hardcore. Driving on a suspended license will get your car impounded for 30 days automatically, and you know how easy it is to get your license suspended? Its as easy as not paying a parking ticket. DUI's are an automatic 6 months no license, and there are plenty of people in CA getting busted for DUI. And all that includes not being able to drive to work.

Regardless, the laws exist, whether they are enforced or not, so your car analogy is still a fail. The bottom line is you need a license to drive a car and that privilege can be taken away at any time. You certainly have the right to own a car, but unless you are licensed to drive it, you can't. Hell, someone could buy a car at the age of 12, but no one would even give them a license to drive it.

33. Re: More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up Mar 16, 2011, 17:34 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 17:22:
Erebus wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 16:16:
While it's amusing to see the publishers running scared over this issue and un-banning left and right, as fas as I'm concerned one of the biggest problems with internet gaming is people feeling they can act like a horse's ass with no repercussions.

Name one "real life" business where you can stand in the middle of the store, act like a jackass, criticize and run down the establishment and its employees, and literally cause damage to the business with no repercussions. With the exception of a WWE wrestlish match or the Republican National Convention, I can't think of too many.

Ban 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

Well obviously you've never had a job in your life because that happens everywhere all the time. It boggles the mind that some of you just don't seem to fully grasp the situation here and/or really enjoy being a victim of a greedy corporation. I can only assume it's like some sort of Stockholm syndrome you have with these corporations. Seek professional help.

No one has a problem with EA banning the guy from the respective forum. The guy even said himself that he went overboard and deserved a temporary ban. Banning him from enjoying the game he purchased is something else entirely. As others pointed out it's like your car's manufacturer not allowing you to drive it after you've paid for it. I don't see how that we can make any more clear what's wrong with that.

You still need a license to drive a car, and if you misbehave when in your vehicle, they will take your license to drive away. You still own the car, but you can't legally drive it anywhere.

30. Re: More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up Mar 16, 2011, 17:00 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 16:29:
I don't know what kind of world you inhabit but I see people being assholes in stores all the time without repercussions. Seriously where are you? People will want to move there. To name a few - Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Any Grocery Store, stores that sell lottery tickets to old people and so on. Contrary to what you may think, people don't need anonymity to be dipshits.

I was a manager at a Blockbuster many years ago. I had a customer who parked in the handicapped spot in front of the store. He was very not handicapped. I told him to leave the store, I would not help him, and he was not welcome to come back. As a store manager/owner/whatever, you certainly have the right to refuse service to anyone who is acting in a manner with which you don't agree.

Aseven will disagree, but when you "buy" a game, you are buying a license to use the intellectual property that someone else owns. If they set out certain rules, and you violate those rules, they have the right to revoke the license.

Of course, in this case, EA won't enforce it because of all the bad press one would get for banning someone from playing a single player game.

29. Re: More Dragon Age II Ban Follow-up Mar 16, 2011, 16:53 Dirwulf

7.62WorldOrder wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 16:10:
So I take it you would have no problem with, say, GM repossessing your car because you're being a dick on the road to other people? People behaving in ways you don't approve of is not legal grounds to steal their property. Give me a break.

Its called a drivers license. If you are a dick on the road, it will be taken away. Of course, that depends on how you define dick. If you're driving around flipping people off, that's one thing, but if you are causing accidents, then yes, you no longer should have the right to drive. You can own a car, but you sure as hell can't drive it.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
11. Re: Quote of the Day Mar 16, 2011, 14:26 Dirwulf

Beamer wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 11:13:
How much worse can it really be than for the PC?

For the PC you tend to get, and I'm obviously making gross estimates, here, 1% people that give valid feedback, 10% people that constant gripe about things far outside the scope of the test, and 89% of people just there to play the game. This is why many beta tests are just done as stress tests, compatibility tests and balance tests - the types of things that can be determined without getting any feedback at all. All the extra stuff you get is just gravy.

I got in the Beta test of Old Republic. They did something I haven't seen in a Beta test before, although others said they had. After every single mission, a feed back screen popped up asking you to fill out a survey about that mission. I thought that was a great idea, not that you were forced to fill it out or anything. But having that come up on the screen I'm sure gave them a lot more feedback than hoping someone might post something on a forum or send in an email.

News Comments > World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups
4. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 14:21 Dirwulf

I've been playing since closed beta. It can quite easily suck away an entire evening. You earn coin while your offline and it doesn't take very long to earn enough to buy your XP boosts. You're matched against players of the same relative level, so you aren't getting owned by people who have more time to earn more coin. Its not very deep, but neither is Counterstrike.

I love playing Arty. So much fun to take people out when they can't even see you.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Trailer, Campaign Length
10. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer, Campaign Length Mar 16, 2011, 14:10 Dirwulf

I played this game on Xbox first, and then picked up the GOTY edition when it went on sale on Steam. I found it interesting that Xbox Live counted the games separately when it came to achievements, so I have most achievements for this game twice.

No problems with GFWL on this end, ever. I have Dirt 2 as well. I love the fact that it tracks achievements in the PC versions of games. Ok, well, that's only two games so maybe that's not a good sample.

654 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo