Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 642 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 30, 2011, 13:59 Dirwulf

Brother still makes Typewriters, just not manual ones.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2011, 12:33 Dirwulf

Congratulations

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Darkspore
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darkspore Apr 26, 2011, 13:45 Dirwulf

Its an ARPG. Lots of ARPG's are repetitive. I consider them light fare for when you're too drunk to play heavier games. Amazon's download is $10 less, and I like beer. I played as far as the beta let you, and I kinda want to see the other planets. Some of the boss fights at the end levels were pretty fun, it wasn't just the usual swarm of mobs. The customization is pretty deep. You can spend a lot of time tweaking your hero's with all the different loot you get.

But yeah, its a beer and pretzels game. I'll still get $40 worth out of it easily.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway
30. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Apr 26, 2011, 11:26 Dirwulf

If there are any keys left I would like one please.

Thank you very much.

News Comments > StarCraft II Ban Laser Strikes
6. Re: StarCraft II Ban Laser Strikes Apr 25, 2011, 22:09 Dirwulf

Sepharo wrote on Apr 25, 2011, 21:40:
Anyone care to explain what Laser Strikes are?

At least that's what I thought the first 3 times I read the headline, before I noticed "Ban" was missing an 's'.

Its not missing an s. Blue used the word "laser" instead of the usual "hammer." As in Blizzard has struck with the ban hammer/laser.

When you get banned from a game/forum/website, etc, it is said you have been struck by the ban hammer.

News Comments > StarCraft II Ban Laser Strikes
1. Re: StarCraft II Ban Laser Strikes Apr 25, 2011, 21:32 Dirwulf

Is that what our forefathers wore? Wigs of Liberty...  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 25, 2011, 15:37 Dirwulf

After doing more research on this, go into your cell phone's location services, I bet you already have Google tracking turned on if you are using an Android device. WebOS has the same thing. Its on by default, but you can turn it off. Apple seems to be going a little further by caching this info in the phone. That's the part that I believe is nefarious.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 25, 2011, 12:41 Dirwulf

That's some pretty serious shit Apple is doing there. The article linked on the BN article is even more scary as it goes into detail.

http://tinyurl.com/64n3z6e

News Comments > Borderlands Proposal
9. Re: Borderlands Proposal Apr 24, 2011, 20:58 Dirwulf

Grats on getting married. Your life is now over.  

News Comments > Rocksmith Trailer
6. Re: Rocksmith Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 23:59 Dirwulf

If knowing a few chords and notes is what qualifies as a musician then I guess most of us are musicians in that case, right? It's not like this GAME teaches actual music knowledge and theory. Can you read sheet music? Probably not. Just because a parrot learns words doesn't mean it understands language. However, that takes real intelligence, something you lack.

Oh, and don't bother replying because you're finally going on ignore with your other moroic pal, space captain.

I guess you don't listen to the radio much. Most bands these days only seem to know a few chords and apparently they qualify as musicians (that's an entirely different discussion). Of course these games don't test theory and knowledge. I don't know many musicians that actually know theory let alone what the circle of fifths is. And I really doubt the plethora of Blink 182's on this planet do either.

Not that you care, but I started playing trumpet in 2nd grade when they still had music programs in elementary schools in the US. I eventually went to New Mexico State University on a marching band grant where I studied music composition and theory. So Yes, I know how to read music. I also play several instruments.

Someone who has never played a guitar will certainly learn something from this game. What do you think learning licks is anyway...parroting. There's hardly a musician on this planet with an original lick or musical idea. You learn by copying the people you like and then develop your own style. They'll learn basic chords and fingering. Its a start. Something no other music game has done yet. How is this bad? You made no points except to be a condescending asshole.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 19, 2011, 22:05 Dirwulf

This history lesson on Blizzard has been fantastic so far. Looking forward to the next installment.  

4. Re: Rocksmith Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 21:45 Dirwulf

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 21:41:
And "learn how to play a real instrument" comments are tired and played out.

How so? What other popular music games are using real guitars? As someone who has taught guitar to many people in the past, I can see by watching the video alone that people who don't know how to play real instruments WILL learn to play using this game if they take the time. Its a lot cheaper than paying someone like me who secretly hates the fact that you have no clue how to play a guitar.

2. Re: Rocksmith Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 21:41 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 21:35:
Music games are stupid. If you want to be a musician learn music and learn to play.

Actually, Cutter, as a musician, I must say this is going to be a pretty awesome tool for people who want to learn to play. I don't think you even watched the video. You read the headline and made s stupid comment. Its using real instruments. You can even use your own guitar. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this up, as its a music game I can actually excel at. I hate all the other games specifically because its using plastic, fake instruments. I'm not sure how well this will sell, as I'm sure a lot of wanna bes will discover it takes years of dedication and practice to become a good player.

Even if you know how to play but are a lazy song learner, this game will teach you how to play those songs. It has value in that alone.

News Comments > One Potato, Two Potato...
45. Re: One Potato, Two Potato... Apr 18, 2011, 14:22 Dirwulf

Some Comedy Relief:

The headline to the article reminded me of the Banana Splits theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS8RVkaIM9c

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Apr 18, 2011, 14:04 Dirwulf

Dragon Age II still moving up in the UK. I don't think its doing so well in the US right now though. With all the Steam sales its wasn't even close to the top 10. I think I saw it in the top 20 once.

I hadn't checked D2D. Its #4. That's surprising.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2011, 14:49.

News Comments > Portal 2 Watch
74. Re: Portal 2 Watch Apr 17, 2011, 12:42 Dirwulf

grudgebearer wrote on Apr 17, 2011, 03:36:
@Beamer

Dude, put that crap in your newsletter, no one wants to read your long-winded rambling diatribes in a Blues News Post...

I do.

And he's right.

News Comments > U.S. Retail Gaming Sales Slip 4%
8. Re: U.S. Retail Gaming Sales Slip 4% Apr 15, 2011, 12:47 Dirwulf

descender wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 12:37:
Maybe you misunderstood what I said (I mean, there's no maybe about it... I'm just being nice)

Overall B&M retail sales (nothing to do with video games) are down 6% from last year. If B&M Video game sales are only down 4%...

That's why I hate forums sometimes...misinterpretation is far too easy.

News Comments > Best Buy Adding Game Staff
11. Re: Best Buy Adding Game Staff Apr 15, 2011, 12:44 Dirwulf

kxmode wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 11:36:
Let Best Buy professionally install your video games because you're not a pro. We are.

LOL...you know those cases were previously used for something else. They never offered a service to install Xbox games...

5. Re: U.S. Retail Gaming Sales Slip 4% Apr 15, 2011, 12:35 Dirwulf

Dev wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 12:32:
Dirwulf wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 11:18:
Read the article a little closer? It doesn't count digital distribution, so the report is meaningliess, other than boxed products took a 4% dip. Unless they post DD numbers, for all we know sales actually went up.
Don't even have to RTFA, its in the summary blue did:
buying "apps" for mobile devices such as Apple's iPad, playing online social games or buying games they can download to consoles or computers -- all sales that are not included in Thursday's figures."

Yes, but if you read the posts below me, I would say they didn't read that sentence...

3. Re: U.S. Retail Gaming Sales Slip 4% Apr 15, 2011, 11:18 Dirwulf

Read the article a little closer? It doesn't count digital distribution, so the report is meaningliess, other than boxed products took a 4% dip. Unless they post DD numbers, for all we know sales actually went up.  

642 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo