Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 654 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 26, 2011, 14:35 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on May 26, 2011, 13:43:
Dirwulf wrote on May 26, 2011, 12:23:
7.5/10 at most. The 9/10 ratings are ridiculous. People have been sheppified into "OMG Facial motion capturezor". If you like doing the same thing over and over 21 times for cases and 40 times for street crimes, then by all means, give it a 9.

I played with all assistance off and vibrations off, I found that helped quite a bit. I tried it first with everything on and found that it became a game of simon says instead of logically using your brain to assist in solving the case.

I turned those off straight away. I can't imagine when a real detective is at a crime scene his hands start to vibrate when he gets near a clue. I picked up a lot of bottles and cigarette butts and cigarette packs, but after a while you start to realize what is trash and what is evidence.

Search a body: head, arms, pockets. Oh look, another folded piece of paper or ID. They really should have done more with searching bodies, and every body you searched was the same tired, roll the body over and stand over it animation. And the variety of evidence was pretty weak too. I guess maybe that has to do with the era as they really had no forensics back then.

Locations for the most part were set in order in your notebook. They should have mixed it up a little. I found myself going out of order just for the hell of it. You are pretty much led by the hand on where to go. You don't even have to drive if you don't want to. I drove to every location myself, though. Got the 197.4 miles achievement on the last case.

Even with the hints off, it got easy. Even the facial recognition was easy. And kind of creepy because they had to act so over the top so you could tell the difference between doubt and lie. It was like looking at someone with facial ticks half the time lol.

I did have fun, but its way overrated.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2011, 15:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 26, 2011, 12:23 Dirwulf

Meh...I rented LA Noire from Gamefly. Finished it with 25 hours of gameplay. Its highly overrated. Same shit over and over. The story and graphics are amazing, but the shallow gameplay really takes away from the potential of this game. I had fun, I finished it, but I will not pay for any DLC.

7.5/10 at most. The 9/10 ratings are ridiculous. People have been sheppified into "OMG Facial motion capturezor". If you like doing the same thing over and over 21 times for cases and 40 times for street crimes, then by all means, give it a 9.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Frozen Synapse May 26, 2011, 12:14 Dirwulf

Someone remake Jagged Alliance please...properly...

News Comments > BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Tonight
7. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Tonight May 26, 2011, 01:32 Dirwulf

Dev wrote on May 25, 2011, 22:52:
It seems expensive but you know what? Blizzard is smart to sell them at a fairly high price. They have enough of a fan base there's plenty of people who will pay that price. Given how fast they sell out every year, they could probably sell them for $300 normal ones and charity at $1000 and still sell out quick.
Plus with ticket prices that high, they can not only take more profit but at the same time use a higher dollar amount in making the show even more impressive.

They don't make any money on Blizzcon. In fact, they lose money.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2011, 23:55 Dirwulf

LA Noire was fun, but I always missed at least one question during a case, if not more. Some of those peoples faces are impossible to read. I did find it frustrating in the beginning until I just said screw it, I'll take what I get.

Tackling perps is hard. I liked stopping them by shooting in the air.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the film reels. I did not see one the entire game, and never let my partner drive, I drove to every location. Got the 194.7 miles achievement on the last case. I wonder if that's a tip of the hat to the Mighty Met KMET 94.7.

Cars always getting in your way was a problem, so I just drove everywhere with the siren on. Kind of annoying, but it got the job done.

I've driven most of those street in real life so it was fun to see familiar places.

The game is a little anti-climatic. Cole even comments when he goes to Vice he thought Homicide was the top. So did I. Arson was pretty boring and by then you pretty much knew what was going on.

I think the game is great, but I also think its way over rated. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. Lots of repetition. Not very replayable, and I'm not so hot on paying money for more cases.

Major Spoiler: And now that Cole is dead, it seems fairly obvious to me whats going to happen in the sequel with Kelso taking over, especially since the Chief and Roy were never busted.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2011, 00:04.

News Comments > Hellgate NA Closed Beta Keys
6. Re: Hellgate NA Closed Beta Keys May 23, 2011, 19:10 Dirwulf

In Firefox, I just get a message that says "close pop up." In IE 7, I get a message that says I must be logged in over and over, even though I already am. It finally worked in The World. What a pain in the ass.

News Comments > Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted
15. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 12:55 Dirwulf

nin wrote on May 20, 2011, 11:40:
Do YOU like talking/drinking/kissing with your helmet on?

I just want to point out that this is not the case in DAII. They actually made it so you see the face in all those instances. I know this was a pet peeve of Creston in ME.

News Comments > About 40 Hours of Arkham City
21. Re: About 40 Hours of Arkham City May 19, 2011, 22:04 Dirwulf

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2011, 09:44:
Kajetan wrote on May 19, 2011, 08:36:
Thank you all ... but i think i'll pass. I'm not compatible with anything resembling a brawler. I sucked so hard at trying to play Jade Empire, i have no interest in repeating this experience. I've learned my lesson

Jade Empire was a turd, hell even the mainstream media gave it an average score.

Really? Jade empire PC has an 81 on Metacritic and the Xbox version has an 89. Too bad there is so much hate for that game here. It was fantastic. I played through the Xbox version twice as the different classes were so diverse. I wonder how it looks on PC?

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 18, 2011, 22:52 Dirwulf

Obviously I was really wrong. DAII already on sale...

I liked both games. I guess not too many liked the second (gee really?) or are waiting for...a SALE

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse May 18, 2011, 00:26 Dirwulf

Netflix just struck a deal with Miramax too, so more movies are coming in June.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 12:51 Dirwulf

My Xbox RROD'd about 3 weeks ago. Its coming back from Texas today. Gamefly will be delivering the game to me this afternoon, that I got through the extended 14 day free trial. Its all coming together so nicely.

I found a 14 minute playthrough yesterday and started to watch it. I turned it off after about 30 seconds. I'm avoiding reading reviews(I already know its going to be awesome). I want to play the game with fresh, unspoiled eyes, so everything is "WOW" to me. Just a few more hours...

This comment was edited on May 17, 2011, 12:56.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd [Updated]
4. Re: Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd May 16, 2011, 20:38 Dirwulf

I think if you own Borderlands:GOTY on Steam you get early access as well. I seem to recall this article here before.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4484/

I DO NOT have the GOTY edition, however, when I look at the cd key, I see a key for DNF.

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
46. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 20:01 Dirwulf

Luke wrote on May 16, 2011, 19:11:
Guess it is not enough for the gay people to be gay , everything should be gay in there eyes....gay western movies , gay chara in pc games gay here gay there ,

Their, there, they're. Learn the difference. If you don't know grammar, how do you expect the people you are bashing to understand you?

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway
7. Re: Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway May 16, 2011, 15:50 Dirwulf

Yes please  

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Activity
12. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Activity May 12, 2011, 19:03 Dirwulf

Krovven wrote on May 12, 2011, 17:50:
So I guess Microsoft has pretty much conceded to Valve in that they will never catch up to or make as good of a digital distro portal as Steam.

Seeing as Microsoft has a perfect opportunity to make Fable 3 a GFWL exclusive, yet they are putting Fable 3 on Steam (Microsoft's first on Steam). I don't even see Fable 3 being advertised on GFWL.

We aren't going to see anything until WGX is finished.

2. Re: LA Noire May 11, 2011, 12:50 Dirwulf

nin wrote on May 11, 2011, 11:56:
6 days to go! Can't wait!

That game is going to be some awesome fun. I've been waiting for a game like that since the Police Quest games lol.

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
6. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 12:03 Dirwulf

Hyatus wrote on May 11, 2011, 11:53:
So, Duke Nukem is bigger than Jesus?

Haha...I was going to say that but I wasn't sure anyone would get it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 11, 2011, 12:02 Dirwulf

I might have to give that MMO a try. That sounds pretty trippy. I would of course, be playing a pirate.  

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
3. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 11:52 Dirwulf

Not that I was all the interested to begin with, but now this is an instant NO BUY!!  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:26 Dirwulf

zirik wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:21:
Dirwulf wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:18:
I guess you can't read. "We do not sell or rent your personal information to outside parties."

i guess you are gullible AND cant read. ever wonder why you get junk mail named after individuals who used to live in your address? thats because the marketing firm who sent it does not have the most current opt out list. keep quoting that USPS website. even they wont admit to selling your address to marketing firms.

I built my own house. There was no previous owners. I get no junk mail from Valu-Pak or anyone, as I opted out many many years ago. If what you say were remotely true, the USPS would be sued by everyone and their brother for violation of their privacy policy. You're are just an uniformed liar, and now blocked.

654 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo