Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 643 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd [Updated]
4. Re: Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd May 16, 2011, 20:38 Dirwulf

I think if you own Borderlands:GOTY on Steam you get early access as well. I seem to recall this article here before.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4484/

I DO NOT have the GOTY edition, however, when I look at the cd key, I see a key for DNF.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
46. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 20:01 Dirwulf

Luke wrote on May 16, 2011, 19:11:
Guess it is not enough for the gay people to be gay , everything should be gay in there eyes....gay western movies , gay chara in pc games gay here gay there ,

Their, there, they're. Learn the difference. If you don't know grammar, how do you expect the people you are bashing to understand you?

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway
7. Re: Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway May 16, 2011, 15:50 Dirwulf

Yes please  

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Activity
12. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Activity May 12, 2011, 19:03 Dirwulf

Krovven wrote on May 12, 2011, 17:50:
So I guess Microsoft has pretty much conceded to Valve in that they will never catch up to or make as good of a digital distro portal as Steam.

Seeing as Microsoft has a perfect opportunity to make Fable 3 a GFWL exclusive, yet they are putting Fable 3 on Steam (Microsoft's first on Steam). I don't even see Fable 3 being advertised on GFWL.

We aren't going to see anything until WGX is finished.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: LA Noire May 11, 2011, 12:50 Dirwulf

nin wrote on May 11, 2011, 11:56:
6 days to go! Can't wait!

That game is going to be some awesome fun. I've been waiting for a game like that since the Police Quest games lol.

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
6. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 12:03 Dirwulf

Hyatus wrote on May 11, 2011, 11:53:
So, Duke Nukem is bigger than Jesus?

Haha...I was going to say that but I wasn't sure anyone would get it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 11, 2011, 12:02 Dirwulf

I might have to give that MMO a try. That sounds pretty trippy. I would of course, be playing a pirate.  

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
3. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 11:52 Dirwulf

Not that I was all the interested to begin with, but now this is an instant NO BUY!!  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:26 Dirwulf

zirik wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:21:
Dirwulf wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:18:
I guess you can't read. "We do not sell or rent your personal information to outside parties."

i guess you are gullible AND cant read. ever wonder why you get junk mail named after individuals who used to live in your address? thats because the marketing firm who sent it does not have the most current opt out list. keep quoting that USPS website. even they wont admit to selling your address to marketing firms.

I built my own house. There was no previous owners. I get no junk mail from Valu-Pak or anyone, as I opted out many many years ago. If what you say were remotely true, the USPS would be sued by everyone and their brother for violation of their privacy policy. You're are just an uniformed liar, and now blocked.

9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 21:18 Dirwulf

zirik wrote on May 8, 2011, 21:09:
Dirwulf wrote on May 8, 2011, 20:21:
This is actually where junk mail comes from and how you can get rid of it.

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs4-junk.htm

the companies listed there get their mailing lists from the USPS. they buy bulk mailing permits and address database from the USPS. commercial printers hired by those marketing firms deliver junk mail by the pallets to USPS processing centers which inkjet mailing labels before sending them out. if you think opting out will remove you from the junk mail list then you are wrong. not all direct marketers buy up to date database with the most current list of opt out consumers.

I guess you can't read. "We do not sell or rent your personal information to outside parties."

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 20:21 Dirwulf

zirik wrote on May 8, 2011, 18:54:
ldonyo wrote on May 8, 2011, 17:38:
FYI, spam is related to unwanted email, something the Postal Service can barely grasp, let alone employ themselves.

not true. the postal service has a lot to do with junk mail. they offer services to direct marketers in the form of address database. they offer printing services of different types of address labels which contain information from database that they sell. they also offer logistics support in the form of storage facilities at various distribution centers across the country for junk mail.

Not according to the USPS web site...

http://www.usps.com/privacyoffice/privacypolicy.htm

" Key aspects of our privacy policy include:

We do not sell or rent your personal information to outside parties.
We do not market other products or services to you without your consent.
We do not use web analysis tools (e.g., cookies) to identify you personally without your express consent.
"

This is actually where junk mail comes from and how you can get rid of it.

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs4-junk.htm

This comment was edited on May 8, 2011, 20:31.

News Comments > BRINK Preloads on Steam
7. Re: BRINK Preloads on Steam May 6, 2011, 22:50 Dirwulf

nin wrote on May 6, 2011, 22:14:

yes I would like to purchase first-person hooters.

Here ya go...

Ah Yes...Trespasser. What an awful game.

News Comments > Total War: Shogun 2 Patch Monday
2. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Patch Monday May 6, 2011, 22:17 Dirwulf

And new maps:

"The team has been working really hard, and we know you’ve been waiting, so as a way of saying thank you for your patience, we’ve also sneaked in four brand-new free maps."

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 19:34 Dirwulf

Dades wrote on May 6, 2011, 18:44:
If you really need a history lesson on Microsoft's lack of support for the PC platform then I suggest using Google. You're either thick or just one of those morons who argues the opposite side of everything to be annoying but either way we're done here.

Yeah that's what I thought. Back up your insults with no facts...

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 18:29 Dirwulf

Dades wrote on May 6, 2011, 18:23:
Dirwulf wrote on May 6, 2011, 18:11:
So one three minute video, that has never been publicly released, that shows a Facebook integration with Farmville and Xbox, and suddenly that means Microsoft wants to turn WGX into Farmville? That's quite a leap there.

Yes it's quite a leap...if you ignore all of their actions for the past ten years and focus instead on a single press release where they halfheartedly suggest they will support the platform.

And what actions are those exactly?

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 18:11 Dirwulf

Dades wrote on May 6, 2011, 16:46:
Dirwulf wrote on May 6, 2011, 16:40:
Its a video about the integration of Avatars. So what? That's one thing they may be working on and means nothing. And what is bad about this may I ask?

It's a video that includes their vision of how the platform operates. They don't want a vibrant gaming community, they want to monetize the platform and turn it into Farmville.

So one three minute video, that has never been publicly released, that shows a Facebook integration with Farmville and Xbox, and suddenly that means Microsoft wants to turn WGX into Farmville? That's quite a leap there.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 16:40 Dirwulf

Dades wrote on May 6, 2011, 15:50:
Dirwulf wrote on May 6, 2011, 12:18:
There was an article posted here back in March how MS is committed to making GFWL viable.

http://tinyurl.com/6craueh

This is their idea of making GFWL viable. You would have to be really dense to think they were in any way serious about supporting PC gaming.

Its a video about the integration of Avatars. So what? That's one thing they may be working on and means nothing. And what is bad about this may I ask?

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 12:18 Dirwulf

nin wrote on May 6, 2011, 12:01:
The author is correct - GFWL is a broken mess.

It's just another half assed MS product. They see what the competition is doing, do a lazy attempt at the same thing themselves, and then they'll eventually just abandon it and move on.

There was an article posted here back in March how MS is committed to making GFWL viable.

http://tinyurl.com/6craueh

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 11:59 Dirwulf

I understand Microsoft's thinking. You can't sign into your WoW account but once. I believe this is for security purposes, but obviously in this case it can be a huge pain. So the wife gets a second account for watching movies and such. If she signs in to watch Netflix with her account he can still get achievements, etc. But I guess that "free" part kinda of wipes that out too, since the second account would be on the PC.

So then, MS should make free accounts for watching Netflix on your Xbox if you already have an existing account. But they want you to buy a gold subscription, so that's probably not going to happen.

I wonder what a good solution would be?

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews
15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews May 1, 2011, 12:47 Dirwulf

WyldKat wrote on May 1, 2011, 03:34:
I've actually been having a ton of fun with STO after all the changes they've made. Most of that is because of the weekly episodes and the Foundry, which lets people create missions for others to play. There's been some fantastic story driven player-made episodes I've played.

I have a lifetime subscription to this, and haven't touched it in 8 months. I think I might have to check it out again. I kind of forgot about it until you mentioned it :P.

Patch time...

643 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo