Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 645 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2011, 17:50 Dirwulf

How did "tits up" become something bad?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: EA Origin Sale Jul 30, 2011, 12:30 Dirwulf

Septerra Core was an awesome game. I might have to pick that up and relive some old memories.

News Comments > More From Dust DRM Follow-up
6. Re: More From Dust DRM Follow-up Jul 29, 2011, 13:12 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 11:51:
Dust DRM Dust Up Dusted Off and not by Dusty Springfield.

Anyway, I want to try this game but will need to see some reviews and/or a demo for certain.

If you have an Xbox, you can try the trial version on console...

I bought it. I'll probably get the PC version too since it will be prettier and the controls will be a lot better.

I haven't gotten very far really, though, because I've been too busy with Catherine. If your tired of the same old thing, I highly recommend that game. I've never played anything like it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 27, 2011, 11:41 Dirwulf

That should be a quote of the day:

"We're building the strength of our most important IP. And for EA, this means about a dozen very substantial IPs,” he added. “Each of these will be transformed into year-round businesses with major packaged goods launches, social launches, mobile launches, downloadable content and micro-transactions."

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
15. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:32 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:53:
Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:43:
Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:39:
Leak was fucking awesome.

That's too much information, Verno.

Creston

The leak was fucking awesome

Did you see the Youtube video I made in the last thread? I decked a hooker - Game of the Year.

So you find hitting women makes a game, Game of the Year? ... classy...

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
20. removed Jul 25, 2011, 16:01 Dirwulf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 25, 2011, 16:57.

News Comments > Unstoppable Gorg Announced
3. Re: Unstoppable Gorg Announced Jul 19, 2011, 11:40 Dirwulf

These guys did the horribly broken and unfinished Trapped Dead, which happens to be on sale on Steam right now.

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
38. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 11:58 Dirwulf

I want to thank EA for saving me money, since I will now not be purchasing BF3 from them.

News Comments > Gratuitous Tank Battles Announced
9. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Announced Jul 12, 2011, 16:23 Dirwulf

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 14:03:

Some more form and structure may make GSB more fun (or fun), but I'm a firm believer that tower defense games belong on the phone (where they're a great way to kill 10 minutes) not the computer (where they're casual games.)

You really should try Defense Grid. I couldn't imagine trying to play that game on a phone.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Jul 6, 2011, 23:19 Dirwulf

Wow...a real JA game that's new? The previewer seems pretty excited about it. He did pretty good transferring that feeling.

News Comments > Really Bad Day at Black Rock
2. Re: Really Bad Day at Black Rock Jul 1, 2011, 12:34 Dirwulf

Split/Second was a little shallow, but it was pretty unique and I had a ton of fun playing it. That's a shame for those guys. On the other side, I will say, maybe if they were making another racing game, they would still have jobs.

News Comments > Out of the Park Baseball 12 Patch [Updated]
2. Re: Out of the Park Baseball 12 Demo, Patch Jun 26, 2011, 15:04 Dirwulf

I downloaded the full version and there is no demo as far as I can tell. Your two options are buy or enter a license.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2011, 16:04 Dirwulf

This web site is pretty good. It even has the sounds they make. I only see the word "flock" used though.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Common_Grackle/lifehistory

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
3. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 25, 2011, 15:53 Dirwulf

|oR|jonvall wrote on Jun 25, 2011, 15:50:
Sounds like this whole Play for Free movement has got somebody nervous!

Gee....so they charge $50 for the game....and then..what....$15 per month? What a cash cow that thing is!

Wikipedia says they have 11.4 million subs x $15.00....JESUS that's a boat load of cash per month! That's about $171 million PER MONTH!

It's a little less because sub rates are different if you buy it in monthly blocks....but still....

Why does everyone assume its $15 in every country. Not Even Close.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: PS3 hacker expects jail term Jun 22, 2011, 12:17 Dirwulf

I'm sure he'll be squealing a different tune when he's taking it up the ass.

News Comments > Gaikai's Walmart Deal
6. Re: Gaikai's Walmart Deal Jun 21, 2011, 14:56 Dirwulf

Teddy wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 14:09:
Dirwulf wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 13:39:
Bumpy wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 13:22:
LOL. They have a horrible Gameboy-like 8 bit scroller Hawx2 shooter and a defense web game PlantsvsZombies, that's it.

Apparently you've never played either of these games. Hawx 2 is a arcadey combat flight sim, but no way is it an 8 bit scroller. You are very high. And Plants Vs Zombies is a very good tower defense game, I highly recommend it. It sold quite well on Steam and many other platforms. And the web version is just a demo.

Why not click on the link for information before you try to tell someone they're wrong?

"Own the skies with your piloting skills and support Ghost Recon Troops in our 8-bit H.A.W.X. game - H.A.W.X. Blast from the past."

Direct quote about the game available. Add to that, the title bar for the game says "H.A.W.X. 2" for some reason and has the picture of the H.A.W.X. 2 cover beside it.

You're right...I didn't click on the buttons, since I had played both games before. I've played time restricted full game demos over a web site previously, so I mistakenly assumed Walmart was doing the same thing. I have no idea how that 8 bit Hawx is going to sell Hawx 2, and I think that home page is slightly misleading as it says "HAWX 2 play now!!" I blazed over the tiny writing that says 8bit in the description. I apologize.

News Comments > Gaikai's Walmart Deal
4. Re: Gaikai's Walmart Deal Jun 21, 2011, 13:39 Dirwulf

Bumpy wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 13:22:
LOL. They have a horrible Gameboy-like 8 bit scroller Hawx2 shooter and a defense web game PlantsvsZombies, that's it.

Apparently you've never played either of these games. Hawx 2 is a arcadey combat flight sim, but no way is it an 8 bit scroller. You are very high. And Plants Vs Zombies is a very good tower defense game, I highly recommend it. It sold quite well on Steam and many other platforms. And the web version is just a demo.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 20, 2011, 21:42 Dirwulf

I'm not a hacker, never have been but I wanted to see how easy it would be to get into someones account.

I just got into this girls Juno account from their list. 600 of the passwords are "romance."

http://dazzlepod.com/lulzsec/?page=6

I'll let you figure out the rest.

News Comments > Tomasz Gop Leaves CD Projekt RED, Interview
2. Re: Tomasz Gop Leaves CD Projekt RED, Interview Jun 20, 2011, 19:38 Dirwulf

I bought Witcher 2 on Steam mostly because of the positive comments here. I'm already getting bored with the game and I'm not that far into Chapter 2. I find it very interesting if you look at the stats on Steam, less that half the Steam players have finished chapter 1. 47.6% to be exact. Only 28.2% of Steam users have finished the game. Its also still selling well on Steam.

Combat is getting boring. Block, riposte, insta-kill.

The camera is very restrictive. Especially during some of the boss fights that take place in small rooms, the camera will get stuck on the wall and you can't see what you are doing.

Lots of boring quests. Arm wrestle, gamble, fight, find people, fetch quests. There are a few go here and investigate, but not many. I think if you did just the main story line quests the game would go by very fast.

I read a nice article somewhere, probably from here, about how completely useless the alchemy tree is, but I don't know about that since I've gone swords.

I hardly ever have to use magic. Yes this is my fault for playing on normal, but during the prologue the game seemed like it was going to be a challenge. That is just bad design. They even tweaked the prologue in the patch to make it easier.

I'll finish the game because I've invested the time and I want to see where to story goes, but I would rate this game only a 7 out of 10 at most. Not the 8 and 9's its been getting. I think everyone is just sucked in by the good graphics.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2011, 10:58 Dirwulf

Hey Blue, are you one of the lucky ones "affected" by asparagus?

LOL

645 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo