Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 646 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Revival Possibilities
25. Re: EA Revival Possibilities Aug 18, 2011, 15:05 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 11:53:
Road Rash I'm not so sure about anymore, we have plenty of that style of game these days.

Where? I want to play. I haven't seen any motorcycle racing/combat games SINCE Road Rash. That game made me buy a Genesis.

What they need to revive, but never will is Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released
2. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released Aug 15, 2011, 22:28 Dirwulf

isdfwe wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 22:20:
y means to travel to new star systems is through highly restricted and well defended warp gates. It is well known that systems closer to the galactic core become richer and richer as well as more scientifically advanced. This has le

Bot

News Comments > Bethesda Forum Passwords Reset
2. Re: Bethesda Forum Passwords Reset Aug 13, 2011, 17:44 Dirwulf

Isn't this the 2nd time they've been hit?

I guess not...I've just had to change my passwords on so many gaming sites recently I can't remember them all.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2011, 17:51.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2011, 12:37 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 12:32:
So if a game isn't popular, then always on DRM doesn't matter? So it only matters if it affects you and not gamers in general? Where is the nerd rage? I smell selectivity in your arguments.

It's hard for people to rage about something they have no awareness of. It's a pretty simple concept to understand. Most people have no idea what Darkspore is in the first place. Generally speaking when you have some awareness involved then people will react, whether they do it one way or another is based on multiple factors. I smell troll in your posts.

So you have no awareness of always on DRM? That's what I'm talking about. I just used another game as an example. So I'll ask again, are you arguing against always on DRM, or always on DRM in Diablo 3, and you don't really care how if affects other games?

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2011, 12:30 Dirwulf

Bhruic wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 12:25:
Not one person here said, "I'm not buying that game because it requires an constant connection."

To elaborate on Verno's point, people only say "I'm not buying that game because of X" if they previously intended to buy the game. While there may have been one or two people who mentioned they were, by and large, I didn't see people claiming to have any interest in it at all.

So if a game isn't popular, then always on DRM doesn't matter? So it only matters if it affects you and not gamers in general? Where is the nerd rage? I smell selectivity in your arguments.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2011, 12:22 Dirwulf

I also want to point out the game Darkspore, which I own. I'm not sure what the sales of that game were/are, but it is a single player/multiplayer game that requires a constant connection. I never saw anyone complain about that for that game. Probably because its not Diablo 3. Not one person here said, "I'm not buying that game because it requires an constant connection."

Most people who tried it and said they didn't care for the game, or they bought it, but no complaining about the always on connection.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2011, 11:51 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 11:33:
Because the code that actually runs the game will not be available, it would take the creation and distribution of something like an MMO free server in order to play the game offline, and for a fast paced game with complex mechanics, I doubt you're going to see that pulled off anytime soon.

People reverse engineered most of the functionality of the old battle.net, it's certainly possible albeit time consuming. What's more difficult is going to be figuring out character file formats as Blizzard will almost certainly obfuscate that to hell and back. It'll have to come after the former too.

And they got sued and lost and Blizzard took over their domain, although its allegedly being used in other countries. I don't know why you'd want to waste you time, though, except maybe as an exercise or learning experience. Blizzard WILL shut you down, if they can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bnetd

Also, I think this open letter is pretty pretentious. Its not like Mike hasn't been doing this for 20 years. I would say he knows what he is doing, and after all the dust settles, nothing is going to change from all the complaints. This has been planned for a very long time, and they are not going to reverse this decision.

Also, I will once again point out that the number of people complaining are, unfortunately, in the minority. Most of the people who will be buying D3, won't know, or won't care about the always on connection. Most of the people who play Blizzard games are used to this by now anyway, even with the offline mode of SC2.

This is going to be the future of gaming. I don't necessarily like it, but this is where everyone is going to go. Its just a fact. You, as a gamer, may not like it, but it makes business sense in the end. Even with the "lost" sales. Corporations don't live in your reality. They live in red and black.

Also, Bridenbecker already said this had nothing to do with piracy. I'll let you decide if you want to believe that or not.

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/08/blizzard-surpri.php

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2011, 12:01.

News Comments > 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans
13. Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Aug 11, 2011, 12:58 Dirwulf

There is no way this movie is going to be better than one with Arnold and James Earl Jones. Or Mako. Or Max Van Sydow. Or Sandahl Bergman. All these reboots just proves that Hollywood ran out of original ideas a loooooooooong time ago.

News Comments > Alpha Centauri TMs
8. Re: Alpha Centauri TMs Aug 11, 2011, 12:49 Dirwulf

I was excited until I saw EA...

I guess that was about 2 seconds.

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future
9. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Aug 10, 2011, 01:18 Dirwulf

I am not embarrassed to admit it. I LOVED DAII, I played through it twice and I will play it at least one more time as a mage, for that story line.

I liked it better than DAO, as a matter of fact.

I am willing to bet that 99% of the people on Blues never even played the game, much less played through it, they just like to spew hate and vitriol.

"I spent 30 minutes with teh game and it SUZKZORS. Listen to me roar!! You are an idiot if you liked this game. My opinion is the only one that matters." - welcome to Blues News.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Website
2. Re: World of Warplanes Website Aug 8, 2011, 16:07 Dirwulf

Veterator wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 15:53:
WoW will be a WoW killer. You figure it out.

I don't even know what this comment is supposed to mean.

These guys did World of Tanks, which is doing pretty well for a f2P tank game with micro transactions.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ShakyCam Footage
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ShakyCam Footage Aug 8, 2011, 12:32 Dirwulf

Nothing to see here...move along...

News Comments > 1UP Label Closing
1. Re: 1UP Label Closing Aug 8, 2011, 12:27 Dirwulf

So is he saying Indies only get good sales if they sell on Steam? If Cliff was smart he would take that Indie web site he started to the next level. If it still exists...I don't even remember the name anymore.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Aug 7, 2011, 17:32 Dirwulf

Teddy wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 16:32:
If you haven't looked yet, check out the user reviews for Street Cleaning Simulator.

I smell 4chan.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2011, 16:38 Dirwulf

Are you have a pre mid life crisis, Blue? You keep mentioning how young you are and how old everyone else is getting the last few weeks...

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 7, 2011, 16:32 Dirwulf

Fallout New Vegas is $10 on Steam right now.

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam
46. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 6, 2011, 16:23 Dirwulf

PropheT wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 14:42:
Dirwulf wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 12:58:
It absolutely is Steam. They don't get a cut if DLC is sold IN GAME, so they don't allow it.

Explain Mass Effect 2. The DLC isn't available on Steam, or anywhere else besides through EA's stores, and you can buy it in game. The game itself is available on Steam.

And frankly, if I could buy the DLC on Steam rather than through EA's Bioware bucks pain in the ass system I'd rather do that. If that's the scenario Valve is trying to stop, well, then more power to them. EA's DLC system sucks, and if they were offering something better then maybe I'd be behind them a bit on this...but as it is the only people they're screwing are their customers. Again.

I thought about that too. I'm replaying ME2 right now. You can't buy the DLC "in game". When you click to download it, it opens a web browser and you buy the DLC there. Then download the DLC from the web site and install it. It automatically installs it to your Steam version. This is not the same as IN GAME DLC. That's my take on it anyway. IN GAME DLC means to me, that you pay for the DLC in the game, and it downloads in the game. Kind of like when an MMO updates.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 6, 2011, 13:13 Dirwulf

I think Mike Capps is right, consoles are history. Which should make the Blues News crowd happy. Until they start porting cell phone games to PC lol...

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam
5. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 6, 2011, 12:58 Dirwulf

Fion wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 12:51:
I don't think it has much of anything to do with Steam. It's more EA trying to push it's own bunk social/gaming service, Origin. If this is such a big deal with EA, why don't any of the other big name publishers seem to have the same problem with Valve?

It absolutely is Steam. They don't get a cut if DLC is sold IN GAME, so they don't allow it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Felicia Day: Mogul In The Making. Aug 5, 2011, 12:51 Dirwulf

So Felecia Day is making a Dragon Age II web movie. How is this going to conflict with the people here the love her but hate the new DA...

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2011, 12:56.

646 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo