Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 661 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2011, 12:21 Dirwulf

Hey Blue, did you know you are specifically mentioned by name in the "history of blogging" article on Wikipedia.

history of blogging

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
30. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 20, 2011, 23:59 Dirwulf

Teddy wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 23:37:
Razumen wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 22:47:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 21:29:
What if diablo 3 was labeled a multiplayer game... with the ability to play solo if you wish... would that make it ok to buy the game?

If the game is fun and you have an internet connection, what's the problem.

The problem is that Blizzard is using that requirement to squash any chance for user made mods, (even in SP) most likely for the sake of more profitable future DLC. That, and requiring being online for the singleplayer game is a ridiculous requirement, regardless of the majority of people's internet connectivity.

That's a pretty hefty statement considering Blizzard has never to my knowledge done DLC in it's entire history of games. Nor have they allowed mods, save for new maps in the *craft games.

You don't consider the mounts and pets you can buy for WoW DLC?

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
22. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 20, 2011, 22:05 Dirwulf

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 21:48:
Make sure to be amazed at how there is absolutely NO LAG!

Creston
\

Which was NOT said by Blizzard and pointed out by Blue in the original article.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 19, 2011, 13:09 Dirwulf

I really enjoyed Enslaved. It was one of the best 360 games I played this year. Its too bad it didn't sell well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 14:20 Dirwulf

Cutter beat me to it, but I'm still posting the clip.

People love to say Salsa

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 14, 2011, 18:49 Dirwulf

I LOVED Deus Ex HR, but I'm not so thrilled about DLC. Its going to be at least $10, but I'm guessing more like $15, same as the map packs for CoD. I got a great deal on the game from Green Man Gaming, and I'm thankful for that, but that also makes the DLC seem high priced to me (unannounced). I haven't replayed the game yet as I'm playing other things now, Dead Island, and the on sale Civ V, and GT Legends which I just discovered, so this DLC is far down on my list at the moment. Most likely, there will be other DLC as well, so I will just wait until its all on sale.  

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator
11. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 08:47 Dirwulf

Weapons were different, and there were obviously some weapons that could only be worn by certain classes. However, things were still very flexible. My wizard could wield a 2h sword, or a hatchet/shield combo, or a wand and an orb. There were only a few things like hand wraps for monks, and shivs for demon hunters that were very class specific.

You could do the same thing in D2. I had a two handed mace wielding wizard. I would freeze enemies with ice, and then shatter them with the mace. Good times.

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator
6. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 01:22 Dirwulf

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 00:19:
Wow. That's impressive. It asks my 'age' to view the content even though I'm logged into b.net. My brain is broken at the stupidity.

Its called Lawyers.

News Comments > Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More
30. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 11, 2011, 02:44 Dirwulf

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 21:32:
Dirwulf wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 20:31:
necrosis wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 19:11:
PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 18:00:
L
As for those talking about the VAC ban issues welcome to the future of gaming. If you want more examples: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/10/starcraft-ban/

You mean the guy who used a trainer ONLINE in MULTIPLAYER and got banned? Because he wanted to hack achievements? Really? You're using THAT as an example?

You mean the guy who used a trainer for single player and didn't turn it off when he went to multiplayer (or kept activating it) because he was playing skirmish matches against the AI and not using it for achievements?

I mean don't let facts get in the way or anything, especially when you link to the article and don't even bother reading it.

I did read it. He played a multiplayer game WITH A FRIEND, against the AI. Not a solo game. I think its YOU who needs to read the article. There are single player cheats already built into the game, including GOD MODE. There was no reason for him to be using a trainer except to get achievements dishonestly. He got caught and whined like a little bitch, just like most cheaters who get caught.

20. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 10, 2011, 20:31 Dirwulf

necrosis wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 19:11:
PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 18:00:
L
As for those talking about the VAC ban issues welcome to the future of gaming. If you want more examples: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/10/starcraft-ban/

You mean the guy who used a trainer ONLINE in MULTIPLAYER and got banned? Because he wanted to hack achievements? Really? You're using THAT as an example?

4. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 10, 2011, 14:49 Dirwulf

Finally made it to level 10 today. I don't know why it took so long. Having to start over twice maybe? lol

There was ANOTHER patch today that was 56k. I had to reacquire a couple quests and do one over that I had already done.

My biggest complaint is they keep breaking progress every time they patch, and this is like the 4th of 5th patch.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M
34. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ships 2M Sep 9, 2011, 16:10 Dirwulf

I would consider this a journalistic web site, which would generally follow the AP stylebook of reporting.

Stylebook

Under numerals you will find:

DO NOT use Roman numerals except when they are part of a title or a name.
World War I World War II King Henry VIII Rocco Colabella III

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 8, 2011, 21:12 Dirwulf

OH darn...they finally put Civ V on sale. Now I'm compelled to buy it for $12.50

This game could cause me to forget about Dead Island and lots of other things.

News Comments > Dead Island "Make Up" Promised
13. Re: Dead Island Sep 7, 2011, 23:26 Dirwulf

Riker wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 23:18:
I'm a few hours in and am enjoying the game much more than expected. I was ready to dismiss it as just another zombie game, but I'm enjoying it more than any zombie game I've played previously.

The map is HUGE! At first I was going to forgo driving, but some places I really don't want to walk back to again. The game seems like a poor mans Fallout with Zombies. I am having a blast and the longer I play the cooler the weapons are getting.

I will admit that killing zombies over and over might get repetitive. I just think I really haven't encountered enough variety yet, but I know they are there. There are a ton of quests to do and lots to explore as well, if you choose to.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 7, 2011, 22:20 Dirwulf

It sounds like he is describing Blues News board posters...

News Comments > Dead Island "Make Up" Promised
8. Re: Dead Island Sep 7, 2011, 22:18 Dirwulf

Alcohol now stacks. I swear it wasn't doing that before. Also, you can now pick up weapons above your level. For me that was huge and not on the list. I had to keep passing on weapons I couldn't pick up to use later.

News Comments > Skyrim Collector's Edition Shockingly Large
1. Re: Skyrim Collector's Edition Shockingly Large Sep 7, 2011, 21:38 Dirwulf

Considering what's IN the box, that is rather large. I surmise its so huge because of the statue.

Way overpriced collectors edition.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 7, 2011, 14:04 Dirwulf

I never would have suspected an player in the NBA to be a hardcore Starcraft II player, let alone one who thinks he's good enough to go pro.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build?
79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 20:59 Dirwulf

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 20:26:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 20:19:
nin wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 19:52:

Also don't like the inventory system, and how, when you pick up a new weapon, one of your old one seems to disappear into the ether. I could see it dropping on the ground, but they literally just disappear from the world. As an example, I see some booze. I pick it up, only for some reason, it takes a weapon slot, and eats one of my weapons. WTH? Maybe I can shank someone with the glass? Nope. One swig and the bottle is now gone too, and I only have one weapon now instead of two.

This was a really weird decision. I can't imagine this is intended. I had a nice upgraded stick that just went poof. It took me a couple of bottles of booze before I figured out that indeed I was losing things in my inventory when it is full. Now I make sure there is always a free slot, but should I really need to do that?

After the patch I'm also getting the major pause every 2 -3 minutes that didn't happen prior. I'll try the priority thing and see if that helps.

I am having a ton of fun with the game though.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build?
54. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 16:01 Dirwulf

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with Shogun 2 on Steam. They released the wrong version but fixed it the next day.

661 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo