Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 611 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
65. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 02:32 Dirwulf

The price of admission was so worth this thread. Thank you all.

I'm also convinced that Cutter doesn't believe a thing he says. He just likes to bait you guys. And apparently it works.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Sledgehammer on Call of Duty Development
2. Re: Quoteworthy - Sledgehammer on Call of Duty Development Oct 1, 2011, 22:00 Dirwulf

Sphinx wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 18:31:
I'm disappointed that Sledgehammer studios doesn't make a game based on the 80s cop show "Sledgehammer!"

+1 for even knowing what that show was. It was full of awesome.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 "Killer New Feature" Coming
13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Oct 1, 2011, 21:35 Dirwulf

I'm betting on more Kinect PC info re ME3. Voice commands and such.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
30. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 21:33 Dirwulf

/eats popcorn and waits for next post.

News Comments > Broken Sword Free on GOG.com
11. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 30, 2011, 12:04 Dirwulf

I ended up with two copies. And apparently I bought JA Deadly Games at some point and don't remember as that is in my library as well.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2011, 12:26 Dirwulf

The techie updates are awesome. I don't have to go to 20 web sites because I know most likely it will already be on Blues. I definitely don't come here just for gaming news.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November
4. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 15:20 Dirwulf

I wish I had known this before I played the console version. I would have waited.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 18:24 Dirwulf

PHJF wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 18:19:
Unrealistic racing games seem to be on the outs. Hot Pursuit and Split/Second and Blur were all met with lukewarm reception, and Hot Pursuit shouldn't have been fucking wasting the Burnout devs' time like it did.

I thought Split/Second was one of the most original and fun arcade racing games to come out in a while. Its a shame it didn't sell well.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Patched
23. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Patched Sep 23, 2011, 12:32 Dirwulf

ASeven wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 12:05:
EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 11:53:
...worthless drivel...

Here let me rephrase all the drivel you wrote:

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE DAMMIT!

Rather fun that the butthurt trolls that don't like the game label anyone who actually enjoys it as a fantard.

Hmmm...that sounds like you talking about anyone who liked Dragon Age II.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Pinball Fights to Survive in an 'Angry Birds' World. Sep 23, 2011, 12:16 Dirwulf

I really love pinball. There was a time where you could walk into any 7-11 or liquor store and find a couple machines to play. There was one 7-11 I used to stop into every day during my lunch break to play Pin*Bot. I can't find a pinball machine anywhere except these arcades we have called Nickel Nickel which have all old school games, some you can even play for free, like Paper Boy. I think I know where I'm making a trip to this weekend.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2011, 12:21 Dirwulf

Hey Blue, did you know you are specifically mentioned by name in the "history of blogging" article on Wikipedia.

history of blogging

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
30. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 20, 2011, 23:59 Dirwulf

Teddy wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 23:37:
Razumen wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 22:47:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 21:29:
What if diablo 3 was labeled a multiplayer game... with the ability to play solo if you wish... would that make it ok to buy the game?

If the game is fun and you have an internet connection, what's the problem.

The problem is that Blizzard is using that requirement to squash any chance for user made mods, (even in SP) most likely for the sake of more profitable future DLC. That, and requiring being online for the singleplayer game is a ridiculous requirement, regardless of the majority of people's internet connectivity.

That's a pretty hefty statement considering Blizzard has never to my knowledge done DLC in it's entire history of games. Nor have they allowed mods, save for new maps in the *craft games.

You don't consider the mounts and pets you can buy for WoW DLC?

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
22. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 20, 2011, 22:05 Dirwulf

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 21:48:
Make sure to be amazed at how there is absolutely NO LAG!

Creston
\

Which was NOT said by Blizzard and pointed out by Blue in the original article.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 19, 2011, 13:09 Dirwulf

I really enjoyed Enslaved. It was one of the best 360 games I played this year. Its too bad it didn't sell well.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 14:20 Dirwulf

Cutter beat me to it, but I'm still posting the clip.

People love to say Salsa

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 14, 2011, 18:49 Dirwulf

I LOVED Deus Ex HR, but I'm not so thrilled about DLC. Its going to be at least $10, but I'm guessing more like $15, same as the map packs for CoD. I got a great deal on the game from Green Man Gaming, and I'm thankful for that, but that also makes the DLC seem high priced to me (unannounced). I haven't replayed the game yet as I'm playing other things now, Dead Island, and the on sale Civ V, and GT Legends which I just discovered, so this DLC is far down on my list at the moment. Most likely, there will be other DLC as well, so I will just wait until its all on sale.  

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator
11. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 08:47 Dirwulf

Weapons were different, and there were obviously some weapons that could only be worn by certain classes. However, things were still very flexible. My wizard could wield a 2h sword, or a hatchet/shield combo, or a wand and an orb. There were only a few things like hand wraps for monks, and shivs for demon hunters that were very class specific.

You could do the same thing in D2. I had a two handed mace wielding wizard. I would freeze enemies with ice, and then shatter them with the mace. Good times.

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator
6. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 01:22 Dirwulf

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 00:19:
Wow. That's impressive. It asks my 'age' to view the content even though I'm logged into b.net. My brain is broken at the stupidity.

Its called Lawyers.

News Comments > Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More
30. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 11, 2011, 02:44 Dirwulf

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 21:32:
Dirwulf wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 20:31:
necrosis wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 19:11:
PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 18:00:
L
As for those talking about the VAC ban issues welcome to the future of gaming. If you want more examples: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/10/starcraft-ban/

You mean the guy who used a trainer ONLINE in MULTIPLAYER and got banned? Because he wanted to hack achievements? Really? You're using THAT as an example?

You mean the guy who used a trainer for single player and didn't turn it off when he went to multiplayer (or kept activating it) because he was playing skirmish matches against the AI and not using it for achievements?

I mean don't let facts get in the way or anything, especially when you link to the article and don't even bother reading it.

I did read it. He played a multiplayer game WITH A FRIEND, against the AI. Not a solo game. I think its YOU who needs to read the article. There are single player cheats already built into the game, including GOD MODE. There was no reason for him to be using a trainer except to get achievements dishonestly. He got caught and whined like a little bitch, just like most cheaters who get caught.

News Comments > Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More
20. Re: Modding Dead Island FOV, FPS, Blur, and More Sep 10, 2011, 20:31 Dirwulf

necrosis wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 19:11:
PHJF wrote on Sep 10, 2011, 18:00:
L
As for those talking about the VAC ban issues welcome to the future of gaming. If you want more examples: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/10/starcraft-ban/

You mean the guy who used a trainer ONLINE in MULTIPLAYER and got banned? Because he wanted to hack achievements? Really? You're using THAT as an example?

611 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo