Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff McLean

Real Name Jeff McLean   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dirwulf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.morelovelesshate.com
Signed On Jan 13, 2010, 02:31
Total Comments 661 (Apprentice)
User ID 55452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Endless Space Free Weekend
7. Re: Endless Space Free Weekend Nov 30, 2012, 07:36 Dirwulf

Endless Space kicks ass.

That is all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Did 'Completely Wrong' Romney Google bomb himself? Oct 10, 2012, 21:08 Dirwulf

LOL

Mittens...

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
41. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 3, 2012, 05:38 Dirwulf

Morgan19 wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:47:
I am. I made 8 characters at launch (one for each class): my ranger main is around 50ish, with the next several closest near 20. I've found that if I get tired of doing stuff with my main a quick switch to an alt (and therefore a fairly big switch in playstyle, location, and level) can often help that feeling. I stick mostly to PvE but have jumped into a couple PvP and WvW matches to mix things up.

How did you make 8 characters with only 5 character slots? Maybe you have 2 accounts...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
53. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2012, 03:56 Dirwulf

LOL

Blues News Forums

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

News Comments > OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways
47. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 18, 2012, 07:12 Dirwulf

InXile has no "E" in it.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease
8. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease Aug 15, 2012, 00:22 Dirwulf

So people will buy Minecraft in 8-bit droves, but this won't pass muster? It looks pretty good if you ask me and I'm having a blast reliving one of the greatest RPG's ever made.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 23:12 Dirwulf

Dawnguard looked good on paper, then it took an arrow to the knee...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
41. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 7, 2012, 16:20 Dirwulf

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 14:11:
If the .gov provides my health care then I know they must also control me to moderate their costs: what I eat, what I drive, if I can have children and how many, if I drink, if I smoke (that includes your beloved weeds kids), if I'm armed, if I exercise, how old I'm allowed to be, if I 'm allowed to survive cancer, etc., etc. etc. And all the same applies to my all my family that I am responsible for.

No thank you. And don't bother telling me it won't happen, it already is happening.

Could you list some examples regarding healthcare relating to arms, the number of children you can have, what you eat, and where you can drive, and how old you're allowed to be?

He already said he's not wasting time, which means he's full of shit and has no proof of his claims, and cares not to back them up. He should become a politician.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2012, 16:26.

News Comments > Star Lords Announced
10. Re: Star Lords Announced Aug 4, 2012, 07:08 Dirwulf

There is an awesome new 4X space game out called Endless Space. You should check it out.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2012, 11:21 Dirwulf

Don't forget to bring a sample of his stool with you. No joke.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Patches
14. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 21:18 Dirwulf

Tumbler wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 18:58:
The match balancing in this is completely bonkers. I am tier 4 and am regularly put against tier 7's ... with about as much chances getting a kill. Yes, its a team war, sadly if 60% of the team is tier 7 and I am tier 4 this matters nothing.

That info screen in the beginning does a fairly good job of warning you what is coming. If you're at the top, you're likely going to have a good time, if you're at the bottom then you should make sure you play very defensive.

I didn't realize how important looking at that grid was for a long time. 4 tier battles (tier 4,5,6,7) are not very fun when you're tier 4. The best thing you can do is prepare yourself to be totally out gunned and plan accordingly. Other matches you'll find yourself in the middle in a 2 tier match, (4 and 5) and it's so nice when they stick you at the top, that means you're in the best tank. (however that is rated)

Basically ignore all the experience you've had when you're shown at the bottom. Your job is to dig a hole and survive. You stay back an guard artillery, you hide behind tank destroyers, you pray you spot enemies who are fighting other tanks so you can shoot them without being blown to bits the moment you're seen.

Usually scout type tanks are at the bottom of the list. If I'm at the bottom, I sacrifice myself for the team by rushing and uncovering enemy tanks and running circles around the slow tanks, so arty can take them out.

Allegedly matchmaking has been fixed in this next patch, so this may all be moot anyway.

13. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 21:14 Dirwulf

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 17:00:
The match balancing in this is completely bonkers. I am tier 4 and am regularly put against tier 7's ... with about as much chances getting a kill. Yes, its a team war, sadly if 60% of the team is tier 7 and I am tier 4 this matters nothing.

Allegedly this has been fixed. We shall find out tomorrow.

1. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 11:39 Dirwulf

That's a pretty large update.

"Reworked Match-Making for the majority of vehicles. Now players won't normally see vehicles of more than two tiers difference to the tier of his/her own vehicle"

Finally! Hopefully it works correctly.

And your release note link goes the the European web site, Blue. Here is the US link

News Comments > The Political Machine 2012 Released
7. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 03:12 Dirwulf

Flatline wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 02:22:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 21:56:
You know, I love politics, and I love games, but the idea of a game based on politics is just so unappealing? Is it just me? Maybe I feel this way because games are fantasy and politics is reality?

Actually, there's a board game called 1960: The Making of a President that's *excellent*, a real brain-burner.

Also, the 1993 PC game Shadow President was quite good.

News Comments > Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits
76. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Aug 1, 2012, 02:47 Dirwulf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 21:53:
While I don't disagree that class action lawsuits typically result in a "punishment" for the company that is largely meaningless, I don't like the idea that I won't have this right available as an option.

Look at the recent EA NFL loss: Sega launches NFL 2K5 for $20. EA drops their price from $50 down to $30 for Madden. EA inks an exclusive deal with the NFL so Sega can't make their game anymore. EA price goes back up to $50 and stays there. Class action lawsuit drags on for years. Finally a settlement: EA keeps their exclusive NFL license, and has to pay either $7 or $2 to anyone who can prove they bought the game over the last six years. Keep $20 per game and risk getting slapped on the wrist for $2? Sure, I'll take that deal EVERY TIME.

The judge still has to approve the settlement as it's not final yet. Hopefully he won't let EA get away with their monopoly on NFL games. The class action also states they have to give up NCAA exclusivity.

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
50. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 20:37 Dirwulf

To all the "I called it's"...

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back...

News Comments > Steam Sale Day Seven
11. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 18, 2012, 18:29 Dirwulf

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 17:28:
wtf is taking so long to get Arma II on sale?

It's 20% off right now...

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
4. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 17, 2012, 23:16 Dirwulf

They are trying to figure out how to add a real money auction house...

(snicker)

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Drivers
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2012, 15:59 Dirwulf

eunichron wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 15:25:
Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 14:08:
So, let's get some opinions in here of the 'real world' improvements. I'm curious if anyone sees any kind of speed enhancements with older cards, like my HD5770

I'll be getting a huge real world improvement over my HD5870 soon when I buy a 670GTX. I was a huge Nvidia fanboy since my GeForce2, and the 5870 was the first time I deviated. Despite what an awesome card it is/was, I think I'll be going back to Nvidia.

An aside, whatever happened to hardware roundup reviews? You know, when reviewers would get 10+ pieces of the same hardware from different vendors and pit them against each other to find out which was the best bang for the buck, highest performing, most stable, what have you. They seem to be non-existent these days.

Tom's Hardware always has the latest graphic card info.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2012, 16:25.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 29, 2012, 03:24 Dirwulf

The Grateful Dead were pioneers selling their own tickets through Grateful Dead Ticket Sales. The best seats were saved for the true fans.

Miss you Jerry!

661 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo